PDA

View Full Version : i was thinking...

Ulazlo
08-27-2007, 07:28 PM
i was wondering if this would work out or not.

Gengar (it would work best with Darkrai but he is an uber so...)
hypnosis
nightmare
dream eater
shadow ball/sludge bomb/focus blast

you put to sleep with hypnosis, nightmare for damage, and if you are ever low on health you use dream eater. then you have a filler to do some extra damage.

would this work or not?

Mysticjason
08-27-2007, 07:36 PM

hypnosis
nightmare
dream eater

you put to sleep with hypnosis, nightmare for damage, and if you are ever low on health you use dream eater. then you have a filler to do some extra damage.

would this work or not?
It fails if the opponent switches Pokemon. :(

Finchy
08-27-2007, 07:36 PM
You're right, it would work better with Darkrai.

If you want Hypnosis, you're gonna need to attach a Wide Lens because it's quite inaccurate. Pretty standard sleep moveset, though alot of people set the sleep clause when battling.

JenryaLee
08-27-2007, 08:21 PM

hypnosis
nightmare
dream eater

would this work or not?
The flaw in a moveset set on sleep is that sleep rarely lasts more than 2-3 turns, and the second they switch out, you're done for. Or if they have something like a Lum Berry on them. Confusion, burns, poisons work longer.

-Holland-
08-27-2007, 08:33 PM
I would honestly try a sleep set with Hypno...Gengar is a special sweeper:

--Hypnosis
--Barrier/ Focus Blast
--Dream Eater
--Focus Blast/ Shadow Ball

Barrier compensates for bad Defense, unless you'll want some offense. Wide Lens is a must if you plan on Focus Blast and Hypnosis hitting the foe. Dream Eater will become the standard Psychic attack, and Shadow Ball is for Psychic types and Ghost types...of course, if you had Barrier instead of Focus Blast, you'll have to make a choice. Maybe Dark Pulse would work in that position.