PDA

View Full Version : who should I replace?

RonRaygunX3
08-27-2007, 10:38 PM
I was in a battle yeserday with a sub punching Tyrani-Boah, and I reailzed they really Pwn. So I'm thinking of making one, but am not sure about who to replace in my team..well heres my team so far. Thankyou a so much!!:razz:

Gengar@WideLens
Timid,252 sp.attack,252 speed
Hypnosis
Focusblast
T-Bolt
ShadowBall

BulkyGyarados@lefties
Adamant, Dont remeber the evs,( just the average bulky Gyara)
Taunt
DragonDance
EQ
IceFang

Skamory@Lefties
Impsih,252 deffense, 252 hp
Whirlwind
Spikes
DrillPeck
Roost

Electivire@ ExpertBelt
Lonely,129 speed,129 special attack, 252 attack
T-Bolt
EQ
IcePunch
CrossChop

Blissey@Lefties
Bold,252 hp,252 deffense
Aromatherapy
T-Wave
Softboiled
Seismictoss

Sceptile@choice specs
Modest,252 sp.attack, 252 speed
FocusBlast
DragonPulse
LeafStorm
EnergyBall

So what do you guys think... who should I replace,Thanks!!!

-Holland-
08-27-2007, 10:54 PM
I'm thinking that Skarmory is supposed to have Roost for a fourth move, and Electivire has 4 moves, and not 5.

Now, the way I see it, Sceptile is totally unecessary. It's fast and powerful, but also unecessary if you have an Electivire. Electivire pretty much covers all of Sceptile's strengths and weaknesses.

Leman
08-27-2007, 10:57 PM
Sceptile should be dropped, as Sceptile's movepoll is pretty sucky this gen.

RonRaygunX3
08-27-2007, 11:06 PM
I'm thinking that Skarmory is supposed to have Roost for a fourth move, and Electivire has 4 moves, and not 5.

Now, the way I see it, Sceptile is totally unecessary. It's fast and powerful, but also unecessary if you have an Electivire. Electivire pretty much covers all of Sceptile's strengths and weaknesses.

Lol sorry that was a typo. and thanks, I think I'll switch out Sceptile, I see what you guys mean now that Electivire takes Sceptiles place.

-Holland-
08-27-2007, 11:11 PM
Lol sorry that was a typo. and thanks, I think I'll switch out Sceptile, I see what you guys mean now that Electivire takes Sceptiles place.

So, Tyranitar can take that slot if you want it to. I'm not sure what you meant by Tyranitar-Boah combo, though.

RonRaygunX3
08-27-2007, 11:18 PM
TyraniBoah is just a term for a special attacker Tyranitar. Also one more question... i was thinking of giving Tyranitar Hidden Pwer Dark 80 instead of the standard DarkPulse..that way mabye they wouldnt know what hidden power it was to counter it with. But my problem is I've been breeding alot of Larvitars but don't know wich ones have the right hidden power. Can somone help me?

-Holland-
08-27-2007, 11:35 PM
TyraniBoah is just a term for a special attacker Tyranitar. Also one more question... i was thinking of giving Tyranitar Hidden Pwer Dark 80 instead of the standard DarkPulse..that way mabye they wouldnt know what hidden power it was to counter it with. But my problem is I've been breeding alot of Larvitars but don't know wich ones have the right hidden power. Can somone help me?

Go into a Lv. 100 Single battle and check their stats from there. Then, just calculate using the stats.

Kick the Moon
08-27-2007, 11:36 PM

No, Tyraniboah is:

Tyranitar@Leftovers
EV's: 252 HP, 40 Attack, 212 SP. Attack or whatever

Sub
Focus Punch
T-Bolt
Dark Pulse

Dark Pulse is better than HP IMO.

Tory vs Meaty II
08-28-2007, 12:50 AM
Sceptile @ Leftovers
Trait: Overgrow
Nature Timid
- Worry Seed
- Dragon Pulse
- Leech Seed
- Energy Ball

This is use to stop sleepers from killing you team. x.x

Cool Kid 94
08-28-2007, 01:26 AM
Hidden Power can't be 80 power, only 70. So you'll have to put Dark Pulse... Its Hidden Power has to be checked with its IVs.

-Holland-
08-28-2007, 06:56 AM
Hidden Power can't be 80 power, only 70. So you'll have to put Dark Pulse... Its Hidden Power has to be checked with its IVs.

Yeah, HP's Power only goes up to 70, so Dark Pulse checks in for that slot, definitely. Honestly, I think that form of Tyranitar is very limited namely due to Speed, but that's just me. Still pretty cool, though.

Swidwerd
08-28-2007, 07:04 AM
It seems like you're unfamiliar with IVs (individual values). If you didn't already know, Tyraniboah needs a 31 IV in HP to be effective. Tyraniboah is mainly used to counter the famous SkarmBliss. Thunderbolt is to 1hko a skarmory. Since Tyraniboah has the highest hp it can possibly have, 404 hp, it can make substitutes with 101 hp. This is where seismic toss blissey's lose, giving Tyraniboah a chance to FocusPunch her face. :happy: And Dark Pulse is just there for STAB. Its not difficult to get 31 ivs in HP, if you understand how to IV breed. If you don't know anything about IVs i suggest you check up on final legacy's IV guide here in this forum. His guide is very helpful.