PDA

View Full Version : Drapion

-Holland-
08-27-2007, 09:57 PM
I realized recently that this Pokemon isn;t so bad, and began training it. Henceforth, I need a moveset, and EV spreads if possible. So far, this is the planned moveset:

--Fire Fang
--Toxic Spikes
--Poison Jab
--Crunch

Now, I already have a fully trained one, but I'm just wondering if it needs to be changed still.

Leman
08-27-2007, 10:00 PM
I'd use:
- Night Slash
- Fire Fang
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake/Cross Poison/Ice Fang

-Holland-
08-27-2007, 10:10 PM
I personally prefer Crunch over Night Slash, but the critical hit ratio could help...then again, that's just luck. I've been discouraged from luck ever since Megahorn missed 5 times.

Fire Fang is for Steel types, like I always planned, Cross Poison/ Poison Jab is for a STAB move, as always. And, I guess Ice Fang takes care of ground types, and thus with an Ice and Dark move, he covers his weaknesses. Thus, I don't need Earthquake. Sop, I can always get rid of Cross Poison/ Poison Jab for that. And, SD is self-explanatory.

Somebody Else
08-27-2007, 10:41 PM
His only weakness is ground. Gah that thing annoys me :P

Hyper Blaze
08-27-2007, 11:33 PM
I realized recently that this Pokemon isn;t so bad, and began training it. Henceforth, I need a moveset, and EV spreads if possible. So far, this is the planned moveset:

--Fire Fang
--Toxic Spikes
--Poison Jab
--Crunch

Now, I already have a fully trained one, but I'm just wondering if it needs to be changed still.

Heres a good one:

Drapion@Musle Band
Jolly - 252 Attack, 252 Speed, 6 HP
Cross Poison
EQ
Crunch
Ice Fang

-Holland-
08-28-2007, 05:43 AM
Heres a good one:

Drapion@Musle Band
Jolly - 252 Attack, 252 Speed, 6 HP
Cross Poison
EQ
Crunch
Ice Fang

Great, now I can't decide...But, thanks for the suggestions altogether...I'm wondering now if I should scrap a Poison move...they don't have too many type advantages...

Well, yeah they do, since they're only ineffective to Steel, supereffective to Grass, and regular damage to everything else.

Plus, it's STAB, so never mind.

The only problem I have with Earthquake is how I'm going to handle Skarmory. Ice Fang will just be regular, when Fire Fang could have been Super Effective...but then again, Ice Fang has a bunch of advantages other than just Ground types...Gah, this is so hard.

Cool Kid 94
08-28-2007, 12:40 PM
Cross Poison is good too because I believe it has a high critical hit ratio. Fire Fang will I think 3HKO Skarm, so IDK...

ShadowTyranitar
08-28-2007, 03:07 PM
Have you thought of a Toxic Spiker? Drapion has some nice defense so it can pull it off.

Toxic Spikes, Roar, Crunch, Subsitute, and give it Black Sludge. The Sub is to be a scapegoat for the oh so common EQ.

-Holland-
08-28-2007, 11:26 PM
Have you thought of a Toxic Spiker? Drapion has some nice defense so it can pull it off.

Toxic Spikes, Roar, Crunch, Subsitute, and give it Black Sludge. The Sub is to be a scapegoat for the oh so common EQ.

Good moveset, but Steel types nullify it, and it's very time-consuming...