PDA

View Full Version : Beating the Battle Tower Tycoon

castroviz
08-28-2007, 12:15 AM
This is kind of embarazing, I had never lost before in pokemon, at least not a match, and now I've been beated twice buy the rival's dad. I need some advice on a team that can own him.

His milotic will put you too sleep so that sucks, can anyone help me here. And I need good pokemon types to beat that guy.

My gyaraados owns his second pokemon the rhynosomething something with hydro pump, but that's all the damage I can do.

here are the pokemon I'm using:

Gyarados
Torterra
Alakazam

Maybe my pokemon are too weak. I also have, non ubers, over 50:

Flygon
Azelf
raikou
cresselia
entei
Gengar
uxie
empoleon
the regis(all 4)
steelix
skarmoryrhydon
banette, and other not so good ones.

Pleae help. thanx

Cool Kid 94
08-28-2007, 12:18 AM
In-game stuff goes in the Discussion Forum.

I can pwn him with my EV'd Garchomp or my EV'd Latios. Those work well.

With 3 EV trained Pokemon, you can beat him.

So I suggest EV training.

SHADOW SWORD
08-28-2007, 12:18 AM
hmm get a metagross to use explosion on milotic, if the rock dude is first then use e-quake on him, and basically you know the rest.

Leman
08-28-2007, 12:20 AM
Well, Thunder Fang/Spark/Thunderbolt/Wood Hammer/SeedBomb> Milotic, Surf/Energy Ball/Grass Knot>Rhyperior, and Ice Beam>Dragonite. Try a Starmie, that would work probably.

Hyper Blaze
08-28-2007, 12:21 AM
This is kind of embarazing, I had never lost before in pokemon, at least not a match, and now I've been beated twice buy the rival's dad. I need some advice on a team that can own him.

His milotic will put you too sleep so that sucks, can anyone help me here. And I need good pokemon types to beat that guy.

My gyaraados owns his second pokemon the rhynosomething something with hydro pump, but that's all the damage I can do.

here are the pokemon I'm using:

Gyarados
Torterra
Alakazam

Maybe my pokemon are too weak. I also have, non ubers, over 50:

Flygon
Azelf
raikou
cresselia
entei
Gengar
uxie
empoleon
the regis(all 4)
steelix
skarmoryrhydon
banette, and other not so good ones.

Pleae help. thanx

Like Cool Kid said, you need EV trained pokes.

castroviz
08-28-2007, 12:26 AM
I don't want to EV pokemon still, I think I can beat this guy with normal 50 lvl pokemon.

Can anyone sugest something for the sleeping milotic atack?

Cool Kid 94
08-28-2007, 12:27 AM
An insomnia Pokemon. Actually, just use a Starmie that's faster than it.

EDIT: His team's lineup changes everytime you battle him. Sometimes it stays the same, but that's unlikely.

Ressficent
08-28-2007, 12:35 AM
Put shock Wave/ Flash Cannon on Alakazam (TMs) and then you're good to go with Milotic. Gyardos should kill Rido, then Avalanche on Gyar for Nite. You should win.

Hyper Blaze
08-28-2007, 12:43 AM
Put shock Wave/ Flash Cannon on Alakazam (TMs) and then you're good to go with Milotic. Gyardos should kill Rido, then Avalanche on Gyar for Nite. You should win.

Eh... one problem... It can't learn Flash Cannon :tongue:

PaPeRpLaNe
08-28-2007, 01:15 AM
Use a Sleep-Talking Lappy. It takes Rhy out with Surf, Dragonite out with Ice Beam.

dud3
08-28-2007, 01:16 AM
Well this team got me far Ambipom,Medicham.Heracross

Kick the Moon
08-28-2007, 01:22 AM
With that team?

Wood hammer on Milotic and Ryhperior and Rock SLide/Stone Edge on Dragonite. SImple.

And I use this:

Scarf-Cross
Marowak
CM Gardevoir

DragoniteMistress
08-28-2007, 04:07 AM
If I remember correctly I took him out with my Floatzel. Huzzah.

Anyway, just remember you want a physical Electric/Grass-type Pokemon for Milotic, a special Grass/Water-type Pokemon for Rhyperior, and an Ice Beam could KO Dragonite. As mentioned, Starmie can do well in this situation, although you need to watch out for Milotic's special defenses, where you may want to pack in a second Electric/Grass-type physical sweeper for the job.

Zippy
08-28-2007, 04:37 AM
i used shiny espeon scizor and staraptor

Archeopterix
08-28-2007, 05:55 AM
A Porygon-Z with Ice Beam and Thunderbolt would suffice.

-Holland-
08-28-2007, 05:56 AM
The advice below is the only advice you need:

Starmie.