PDA

View Full Version : My D/P Team

Rizaadon
08-28-2007, 01:36 PM
I've been browsing this forum and learnt a lot about competetive battling but I still don't know for sure what my final D/P team will look like. Can anyone help me out? Here my current ideas for a team:

Dragonite @ Persim Berry
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -Sp. Attk)
EVs: 252 Attk, 252 Spd, 6 HP
- Outrage
- Brick Break
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance

Doesnt have the usual Dragon Claw or Adamant nature, I thought this would be more interesting.

Blastiose @ Leftovers
Careful Nature (+Sp. Dfn, -Sp. Attk)
EVs: 252 Attk, 252 HP
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin
- Rest

Earthquake is for those nasty electric types sent out to counter it.

Dusknoir @ Wide Lens
Adamant Nature (+Attk, - Sp. Attk)
EVs: 252 Attk, 128 Sp. Dfn, 128 Dfn
- Shadow Punch
- Focus Blast
- Confuse Ray
- Will-o-wisp

Sort of a Physical Sweeping tank that can annoy as well. Focus Blast is for Dark types.

Espeon @ Big Root
Modest Nature (+Sp. Attk, -Attk)
EVs: 252 Sp. Attk, 252 Spd, 6 HP
- Psychic
- Dream Eater
- Yawn
- Calm Mind

Puts them to sleep to steal HP and powers up with Calm Mind. When they're awake or cant be put to sleep Psychic deals with them.

Umbreon @ Leftovers
Bold Nature (+Dfn, -Attk)
EVs: 252 HP, 128 Dfn, 128 Sp. Dfn
- Wish
- Batton Pass
- Confuse Ray
- Yawn

Wish Passer. Can also put the enemy to sleep 1st and then pass onto Espeon so the enemy is ready to have its dreams eaten.

Absol @ Razor Claw
Trait: Super Luck (boosted CHit ratio)
- Night Slash
- Psycho Cut
- Stone Edge
- X-Scissor

CHitting Absol. Depending on who I'm battling I might use this moveset:

- Night Slash
- Psycho Cut
- Double Team
- Perish Song

But of course some people don't allow those last 2 moves.

What does everyone think?

Cool Kid 94
08-28-2007, 02:02 PM
Dragonite doesn't need to be Jolly. Adamant. 132 HP, 252 Atk, 124 Spd (Just enough to outrun Lopunny if you have max speed IVs, with Dragon Dance). Nice moveset though.

Nice Blastoise.

Dusknoir@???
Careful (252 HP, 128 Def, 128 Sp. Def)
Will-O-Wisp
Confuse Ray
Mean Look
Toxic

If you don't use Mean Look, then the opponents will switch out. With Pain Split, you don't need Atk/Sp. Atk.

Espeon should be Timid. And it can be completely stopped by Dark types. HP Fighting and Shadow Ball are the only 2 other moves it can really learn, but still... Anyways I guess you could switch out on Dark types, after dropping in a Yawn xD. Also give it Focus Sash.

Pretty good Umbreon. Good with Yawn, but you could get rid of that for Mean Look.

And obviously that's a good Absol, cause I suggested it... lol J/K

DragoniteMistress
08-28-2007, 10:08 PM
You know that Double Team is banned in competitive, battling right? Perish Song is a no-no on Absol, try going for Thunder Wave, Absol doesn't have the best speed, as for the last move you can use any filler, it doesn't have to be a CH move, but one that should help with type disadvantages, perhaps?

Otherwise, I skimmed it, and it looks great. Keep it up.

Hyper Blaze
08-28-2007, 10:32 PM
I've been browsing this forum and learnt a lot about competetive battling but I still don't know for sure what my final D/P team will look like. Can anyone help me out? Here my current ideas for a team:

Dragonite @ Persim Berry
- Outrage
- Brick Break
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance

Doesnt have the usual Dragon Claw or Adamant nature, I thought this would be more interesting.

Blastiose @ Leftovers
Careful Nature (+Sp. Dfn, -Sp. Attk)
EVs: 252 Attk, 252 HP
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin
- Rest

Earthquake is for those nasty electric types sent out to counter it.

Dusknoir @ Wide Lens
Adamant Nature (+Attk, - Sp. Attk)
EVs: 252 Attk, 128 Sp. Dfn, 128 Dfn
- Shadow Punch
- Focus Blast
- Confuse Ray
- Will-o-wisp

Sort of a Physical Sweeping tank that can annoy as well. Focus Blast is for Dark types.

Espeon @ Big Root
Modest Nature (+Sp. Attk, -Attk)
EVs: 252 Sp. Attk, 252 Spd, 6 HP
- Psychic
- Dream Eater
- Yawn
- Calm Mind

Puts them to sleep to steal HP and powers up with Calm Mind. When they're awake or cant be put to sleep Psychic deals with them.

Umbreon @ Leftovers
Bold Nature (+Dfn, -Attk)
EVs: 252 HP, 128 Dfn, 128 Sp. Dfn
- Wish
- Batton Pass
- Confuse Ray
- Yawn

Wish Passer. Can also put the enemy to sleep 1st and then pass onto Espeon so the enemy is ready to have its dreams eaten.

Absol @ Razor Claw
Trait: Super Luck (boosted CHit ratio)
- Night Slash
- Psycho Cut
- Stone Edge
- X-Scissor

CHitting Absol. Depending on who I'm battling I might use this moveset:

- Night Slash
- Psycho Cut
- Double Team
- Perish Song

But of course some people don't allow those last 2 moves.

What does everyone think?

X-Scissor on absol is not good, go with something like T-wave, if you're about to die. Dragonite needs this Set:

Dragonite@Yache Berry
Adamant - 252 Attack, 252 Speed, 6 HP
DD/EQ
Brick Break/Steal Wing
T-punch
Dragon Claw/EQ

B-pass = no. Drop it for Mean Look. And Drop wish for Moonlight. Dusknoir has HORRIBLE Sp. Attack. Use this set:

Dusknoir@Lefties
Careful - 252 HP, 128 Defense, 128 Sp. Defense
Pain Split
WoW
Mean Look
Confuse Ray

Make Espeon Timid, and drop something like Calm Mind for Grass Knot. Waterfall ain't needed for Blastoise, use Toxic or Double Team.

ronjocox
08-28-2007, 10:38 PM
I don't like Yache Berry cause it is a one off item.

Fire Away
08-28-2007, 11:19 PM
About 75% of competitive battlers will disallow Double Team, so you're better off taking it off the set and putting something there. No one disallows Perish Song though.

Stick to the C-Hit build. There's better pokemon to do the Perish Song build. You have type coverage, so I'll agree with the above posters and say switch out XScissor with T-Wave.

Your D-Dance/Outrage build is fine. The only change I'd make is putting Fire Punch in over Brick Break. Gives better type coverage and stops Skarmory from walling you (praying you're not stuck in Outrage). Your BP build is fine too.

Your opponent is going to switch out on Yawn. Count on it. That works fine for Umbreon, because you can psuedohaze, but for Espeon, the objective is to kill things, am I right? You want a lot better type coverage with your set then, because Psychic will only get you so far. Try Grass Knot and Shadow Ball. Espeon's movepool is pretty limited, unfortunately, but you can make up for that with Calm Mind.

Hyper Blaze
08-28-2007, 11:39 PM
I don't like Yache Berry cause it is a one off item.

But trust me, its worth it.