PDA

View Full Version : Giratina nature

Ulazlo
08-28-2007, 06:59 PM
does anyone know a good nature for giratina? and also does anyone know what kind of role he would play in a team, like a sweeper, wall, etc...

PaPeRpLaNe
08-28-2007, 09:38 PM
Modest, he's a Bulky Sweeper.

Intangible
08-28-2007, 09:39 PM
does anyone know a good nature for giratina? and also does anyone know what kind of role he would play in a team, like a sweeper, wall, etc...

Look at its base stats. If I recall correctly, it has 150 base HP and a base 120 in both of its defenses. Now, considering how it also has base 100 in both of its offenses, it could pull off an offensive set (after all, Jirachi and Celebi can), but in my opinion it functions best as a staller/wall.

Giratina @ Leftovers
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
Trait: Pressure
~ Calm Mind
~ Shadow Ball
~ Rest
~ Aura Sphere / Will-O-Wisp / Sleep Talk

The premise behind this set is simple: Calm Mind to increase Sp. Def (as well as attacking power), then attack with STAB Shadow Ball (which hits super-effective on a lot of ubers, as many of them are Psychic-type). Rest is for recovery.

For the last slot: Aura Sphere when coupled with Shadow Ball means you can hit every Pokemon in the game at least neutrally. Will-O-Wisp further "increases" your Defense. Sleep Talk allows you to stay alive for a long time (you may want to use Aura Sphere over Calm Mind if you use Sleep Talk).

EV's are mostly in HP and Defense if you use Calm Mind.

Of course, Giratina, being a Pokemon that can take a few hits, can also Choice Scarf decently both physically and specially, but I find the set I mentioned to be the most effective.

Ulazlo
08-28-2007, 10:23 PM
i fthought that adamant might be the best nature seeing as most of his attacks are physical, and his defense stats are good but i do like the idea of a bulky sweeper better as his defense stats aren't amazingly good.

-Holland-
08-29-2007, 12:41 AM
Shadow Force is an awesome move and has nice advantages, but I preferred Giratina as a Special Sweeper of Physical, since his Special movepool was much wider than the Physical.

Hyper Blaze
08-29-2007, 12:42 AM
Look at its base stats. If I recall correctly, it has 150 base HP and a base 120 in both of its defenses. Now, considering how it also has base 100 in both of its offenses, it could pull off an offensive set (after all, Jirachi and Celebi can), but in my opinion it functions best as a staller/wall.

Giratina @ Leftovers
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
Trait: Pressure
~ Calm Mind
~ Shadow Ball
~ Rest
~ Aura Sphere / Will-O-Wisp / Sleep Talk

The premise behind this set is simple: Calm Mind to increase Sp. Def (as well as attacking power), then attack with STAB Shadow Ball (which hits super-effective on a lot of ubers, as many of them are Psychic-type). Rest is for recovery.

For the last slot: Aura Sphere when coupled with Shadow Ball means you can hit every Pokemon in the game at least neutrally. Will-O-Wisp further "increases" your Defense. Sleep Talk allows you to stay alive for a long time (you may want to use Aura Sphere over Calm Mind if you use Sleep Talk).

EV's are mostly in HP and Defense if you use Calm Mind.

Of course, Giratina, being a Pokemon that can take a few hits, can also Choice Scarf decently both physically and specially, but I find the set I mentioned to be the most effective.

Yes, though WoW works the best.