PDA

View Full Version : darkrai strategy

Ulazlo
08-30-2007, 12:04 AM
what can dark void actually be useful for?

the only thing i can think of would be to use dark void and then have a lum berry(or whatever berry that awakens you from sleep) to wake you up. but then it would just be easier to use hypnosis instead of dark void.

so what is its use?

Hyper Blaze
08-30-2007, 12:05 AM
what can dark void actually be useful for?

the only thing i can think of would be to use dark void and then have a lum berry(or whatever berry that awakens you from sleep) to wake you up. but then it would just be easier to use hypnosis instead of dark void.

so what is its use?

Dark Void is I think 80 Accuracy, which is MUCH better than Hypnosis, but Spore is 100 Accuracy. So Spore is the best

ronjocox
08-30-2007, 12:06 AM
Dark Void in a double battle, it sleeps both opponents.

Ulazlo
08-30-2007, 12:06 AM
Dark Void is I think 80 Accuracy, which is MUCH better than Hypnosis, but Spore is 100 Accuracy. So Spore is the best
hypnosis has 70 accuracy which is not WAY worse than dark void and you don't put yourself to sleep in the process.

ah thank you ronjocox, but would it also put your teammate to sleep?

Hyper Blaze
08-30-2007, 12:07 AM
hypnosis has 70 accuracy which is not WAY worse than dark void and you don't put yourself to sleep in the process.

Now it has 70 Accuracy, cool! I never knew that. But yeah, Dark Void hits both in double battle.

Ulazlo
08-30-2007, 12:09 AM
Now it has 70 Accuracy, cool! I never knew that. But yeah, Dark Void hits both in double battle.
that would be a fairly good strategy. have one guy use dark void, another use mean look and then the guy that uses mean look would be able use nightmare and dream eater without worries of the opponent switching out.

ronjocox
08-30-2007, 12:10 AM

ah thank you ronjocox, but would it also put your teammate to sleep?

Nope, that's why Darkrai= Pwn in Doubles.

Ulazlo
08-30-2007, 12:15 AM
Nope, that's why Darkrai= Pwn in Doubles.
yeah i'm starting to see why Darkrai is so powerful not just considering base stats.

Ulazlo
08-30-2007, 02:17 AM
i was thinking of using this for darkrai

hypnosis
nightmare
dream eater
dark pulse

for singles my plan would be to have umbreon use mean look and then BP to darkrai where he would use hypnosis and a nightmare/dream eater combo. i would also use dark pulse as a stab whenever they weren't asleep.

Then for doubles i was thinking

holding the berry that makes you wake up
dark void
dark pulse
dream eater
nightmare

darkrai would use dark void and then his partner would be gengar which would use mean look and then be free to use dream eater at will and darkrai would also be awake to do the same.

would these work and do they need any improvement?

i've already got a modest darkrai with 252 sp. atk/252 speed/4 hp so i just neeed some moveset help.

PaPeRpLaNe
08-30-2007, 02:53 AM
i was thinking of using this for darkrai

hypnosis
nightmare
dream eater
dark pulse

for singles my plan would be to have umbreon use mean look and then BP to darkrai where he would use hypnosis and a nightmare/dream eater combo. i would also use dark pulse as a stab whenever they weren't asleep.

Then for doubles i was thinking

holding the berry that makes you wake up
dark void
dark pulse
dream eater
nightmare

darkrai would use dark void and then his partner would be gengar which would use mean look and then be free to use dream eater at will and darkrai would also be awake to do the same.

would these work and do they need any improvement?

i've already got a modest darkrai with 252 sp. atk/252 speed/4 hp so i just neeed some moveset help.

Why do you need Chesto on Darkai in DB's?

Dark Void>Hypnosis all the time because it has higher accuracy AND hits both of the Opponent's mons.

Don't run Nightmare Hypnosis Dream Eater, it's pointless. Darkai has way more potential as a Spec. Sweeper, and with it's high Speed and Dark Void, it's very annoying.

Darkrai@Leftovers
Timid 4 HP/ 252 Spec. Attack/ 252 Speed
Calm Mind
Sub/Taunt
Dark Void
Dark Pulse

^The C-Mind variant, not that reliable.

Darkrai@Life Orb
Timid--Same EV's--
Dark Void
Dark Pulse
Spacial Rend/Ice Beam
Thunder/Focus Blast

^Sweeper moveset, but requires the Movie Thingy.

Stubby Boardman
08-30-2007, 02:55 AM
dark void
nightmere
dark pulse
dream eater

Ulazlo
08-30-2007, 03:10 AM
well i have two darkrai's. one i'm going to run as the ultimate sleeper annoyer

dark void
nightmare
dream eater
dark pulse

just because i would love to try out that set at least once

and i like the sweeper set. i can have my other darkrai try that one out.

Cool Kid 94
08-30-2007, 03:28 AM
Nightmare is better than Sub/Taunt. With Nightmare and Bad Dreams, you whittle down 5/16 of their HP each turn.

The one that I gave you has Spacial Rend and Roar of Time, just replace Dream Eater with Spacial Rend.

Ulazlo
08-30-2007, 03:31 AM
Nightmare is better than Sub/Taunt. With Nightmare and Bad Dreams, you whittle down 5/16 of their HP each turn.

The one that I gave you has Spacial Rend and Roar of Time, just replace Dream Eater with Spacial Rend.
well i have a semi-legit one that i'm going to teach my sleeping moveset, i might get rid of dreameater though. i just need to find a replacement for it.

the one you gave me i'm going to use as the special sweeper as it is adament and has spacial rend.

Cool Kid 94
08-30-2007, 03:38 AM
You mean Modest, right? Also, 2 Darkrai in a double battle is UBER ANNOYING!!!

Ulazlo
08-30-2007, 05:01 AM
You mean Modest, right? Also, 2 Darkrai in a double battle is UBER ANNOYING!!!
yeah i was thinking of having one darkrai use dark void and nightmare while the other one acted as a special sweeper. would that work or should i try something else?

T r I p L e x
08-30-2007, 06:16 AM
it would probly work never tested it or even seen it tho. but you can always try and see hwo it goes.

T r I p L e x
08-30-2007, 06:18 AM
yeah i'm starting to see why Darkrai is so powerful not just considering base stats.

darkrai is a beast if used correctly. im probably gonna raise one once the legit event comes out. if it ever does.

Cool Kid 94
08-30-2007, 01:50 PM
Double Bad Dreams. SO ANNOYING... Also you could make the 2nd one have Dark Pulse, Spacial Rend, Thunderbolt, and Dream Eater. And make the first one know Dark Void, Nightmare, Dream Eater, and Dark Pulse. Make sure you put some EVs in HP for the 2nd one. Maybe 252 Spd, 128 Sp. Atk, 128 HP.

Argento
08-30-2007, 07:02 PM
But none of you considered Darkrai's ability.

While fighting Darkrai, the opponent always suffers from a nightmare. So while Darkrai and the opponent sleep, the opponent is still losing HP.

Ulazlo
08-30-2007, 07:05 PM
But none of you considered Darkrai's ability.

While fighting Darkrai, the opponent always suffers from a nightmare. So while Darkrai and the opponent sleep, the opponent is still losing HP.
that was actually considered which is why i said i can see why darkrai is so powerful and cool kid remarked about how having two darkrai's when fighting a double battle is annoying.

Argento
08-30-2007, 07:32 PM
that was actually considered which is why i said i can see why darkrai is so powerful and cool kid remarked about how having two darkrai's when fighting a double battle is annoying.

Ah, I see. Didn't read that at first.

Pickleboy
08-30-2007, 08:29 PM
Sense when did Dark Void ever put Darkrai to sleep? All the Darkrai's I fought had Dark Void, and he never put himself to sleep, so of course Dark Void is good.