PDA

View Full Version : Wolf's Rain...

Dog of Hellsing
08-30-2007, 08:12 PM
All right, Wolf's Rain. They played the dub on Cartoon Network a while back, and I have to say it was one of the best anime I've ever seen. It's in a tie with Hellsing(Ultimate) as my favorite one.

Anyways, the way the series ended, it seems as if there could have been a sequel made. Perhaps with old characters, perhaps new. I think it would have been interesting to see a new pack of wolves and a new Lunar Flower try to find Paradise in the newly reborn world. I think I've officially said "new" too many times in this sentence.

So what are your thoughts? Do you like Wolf's Rain or think it needs to be hunted down and shot? Warning: Saying it needs to be hunted down and shot will result in you getting eaten. You have been warned. Rawr.

Sleepy Sheep
08-30-2007, 11:01 PM
Have you ever read the manga for it? In the manga, the little kids that Blue talks to when their mom dies grow up about fifteen years, and they say that they can hear "The Call Of The Wolves"

It came to an abrupt end, but it seems like that leaves the manga open for a sequel with the two new characters. I don't think it'd be the same without Kiba, Tsume, Hige and Toboe, though.

Dog of Hellsing
08-31-2007, 06:09 PM
I've never read the manga, haven't had the chance, but I'd like to ^^. *Now must go find the manga somewhere.*

Sleepy Sheep
08-31-2007, 06:35 PM
I've never read the manga, haven't had the chance, but I'd like to ^^. *Now must go find the manga somewhere.*

The sad fact of the matter is that there are only two volumes, and after about the fifth chapter I think...? The story line takes a drastic turn. Alot of events that happened in the anime were left out. Like when Toboe kills Leara's bird or the fight with the walrus.

Dog of Hellsing
09-01-2007, 07:28 PM
The sad fact of the matter is that there are only two volumes, and after about the fifth chapter I think...? The story line takes a drastic turn. Alot of events that happened in the anime were left out. Like when Toboe kills Leara's bird or the fight with the walrus.

OO They leave out the fight with the walrus?! But that kicked ass! It showed that Toboe has a backbone after all lol.

Meh, I hate when they do adaptions (either from manga to anime or vice versa, or game to movie or whatever) and they utterly change stuff or leave it out. That's...just bleagh.

I'm watching the series again, on DVD. I love Crispin's role as Tsume ^^. He does edgy characters well. I'm dreading the last two episodes though, as the first time (and only time besides this XD) I saw it, I cried during those eps. So sad and emotional...

Dragon Trainer Kid
09-09-2007, 10:44 AM
Hey there each one has it's opinion for me it sucks
and for others it can be the best

Stubby Boardman
09-09-2007, 06:43 PM
All right, Wolf's Rain. They played the dub on Cartoon Network a while back, and I have to say it was one of the best anime I've ever seen. It's in a tie with Hellsing(Ultimate) as my favorite one.

Anyways, the way the series ended, it seems as if there could have been a sequel made. Perhaps with old characters, perhaps new. I think it would have been interesting to see a new pack of wolves and a new Lunar Flower try to find Paradise in the newly reborn world. I think I've officially said "new" too many times in this sentence.

So what are your thoughts? Do you like Wolf's Rain or think it needs to be hunted down and shot? Warning: Saying it needs to be hunted down and shot will result in you getting eaten. You have been warned. Rawr.

hay if u think its good put up a link to it because ill like to see it to

Sleepy Sheep
09-15-2007, 05:20 PM
OO They leave out the fight with the walrus?! But that kicked ass! It showed that Toboe has a backbone after all lol.

Meh, I hate when they do adaptions (either from manga to anime or vice versa, or game to movie or whatever) and they utterly change stuff or leave it out. That's...just bleagh.

I'm watching the series again, on DVD. I love Crispin's role as Tsume ^^. He does edgy characters well. I'm dreading the last two episodes though, as the first time (and only time besides this XD) I saw it, I cried during those eps. So sad and emotional...

Yes, the fight with the walrus isn't in the manga. I hated it...Toboe didn't do much in the manga. I never remember him fighting. It automatically starts out when they find Kiba under the tree then drag him out. I don't think hardly any of the details in volume 2 were in the anime.

I think FullMetal Alchemist was an adaptation as well, wasn't it?