PDA

View Full Version : Skamory Problems...

Deoxys Ribonuke
08-31-2007, 02:25 AM
Okay, I think I'm having problems with my Skamory...

Skarmory @Shed Shell
Impish (+DEF -SpATK)
DEF 252/ HP 252/ ATK 6
Sturdy
- Drill Peck
- Roost
- Roar
- Spikes

Basically, I use her as my lead-off Pokemon, and lay down three layers of Spikes, then I use Roar repeatedly. But for some reason, I haven't been able to pull this off with any serious opponents. Sure, I was able to bat the 2nd Elite Four Member with it, but I always get killed by a Special-type move.

Am I doing something wrong, or are her stats just incompetent? Anyone have any theories as to what is the problem?

ronjocox
08-31-2007, 02:26 AM
Skarmory should never be used as a lead.

When your oppnoent uses a special attack, switch into your special wall.

Cool Kid 94
08-31-2007, 02:26 AM
You're not supposed to use it on a Special Pokemon. Only on Physical Pokemon... that's why it has the EVs in Def. Otherwise, switch the Def EVs to Sp. Def.

Also, take away either Drill Peck or Roost, and add Stealth Rock.

ronjocox
08-31-2007, 02:28 AM
You're not supposed to use it on a Special Pokemon. Only on Physical Pokemon... that's why it has the EVs in Def. Otherwise, switch the Def EVs to Sp. Def.

No, if she takes out drill peck, who does she attack when it's her last pokemon?

Cool Kid 94
08-31-2007, 02:30 AM
OK, then forget Stealth Rock... wait then why does yours have Roost and Stealth Rock??? Oh well.

Deoxys Ribonuke
08-31-2007, 02:30 AM

Ah, I see. So you're saying she should stay alert and flee when a special attacker comes across her way instead of sitting on her lazy butt and trying to roar EVERYTHING in her path?

Oh, and if she wasn't a lead Pokemon, when should I bring her in?

ronjocox
08-31-2007, 02:31 AM
Ah, I see. So you're saying she should stay alert and flee when a special attacker comes across her way instead of sitting on her lazy butt and trying to roar EVERYTHING in her path?

Oh, and if she wasn't a lead Pokemon, when should I bring her in?

When a physical sweeper comes in.

Cool Kid 94
08-31-2007, 02:32 AM
When you need a Physical Wall, like when a Physical Sweeper is sweeping your team, or when a Physical Sweeper comes on your Special Wall. That's what SkarmBliss is all about.

Dark_Azelf
08-31-2007, 05:22 PM
When you need a Physical Wall, like when a Physical Sweeper is sweeping your team, or when a Physical Sweeper comes on your Special Wall. That's what SkarmBliss is all about.

Yes hes right.

Its all about predicting.

Anyways i had the same dilemma Spikes or Stealth Rock, in the end i decided Stealth rock because:-

1. It hits everything, unlike spikes.
2. Doesn't take as much setting up, only to have it rapid spinned back in your face.
3 .It messes up focus sash holders.
4. Does more damage to things that are weak against rock.
5. Stealth Rock hates Charizard lol

Ace123456789
08-31-2007, 05:28 PM
Yes hes right.

Anyways i had the same dilemma Spikes or Stealth Rock, in the end i decided Stealth rock because:-

1. It hits *almost* everything, unlike spikes.
2. Doesn't take as much setting up, only to have it rapid spinned back in your face.

hee hee. i just wanted to point out that Stealth rock hits ALMOST everything. Theres one pokemon it doesnt hit: Clefable! Magic Guard = pwnage.

Lucavi
08-31-2007, 06:41 PM
To my knowledge, Magnezone is pretty rare, so you may want to switch for leftovers, seeing how valuable the recovery per turn is. Granted, you may be in problems if the opponent does have a Magnezone, but i think leftovers are more worth it in the long run

As for Spikes vs Stealth rock, i'm not really sure. Quite a lot of things can learn Stealth rock, whereas Spikes are restricted to very few. If you can slap SR on any other of your pokemon, then definitely go with spikes, otherwise, it's up to you

Deoxys Ribonuke
08-31-2007, 07:47 PM
Yes hes right.

1. It hits everything, unlike spikes.

Okay, you've convinced me; I'm teaching it Stealth Rock.