PDA

View Full Version : Clefable

Dark_Azelf
08-31-2007, 01:36 PM
Ok im in a bit of a situation here, i dont have a good special wall.

I was thinking

Clefable@Leftovers
Calm Nature
Ability: Magic Guard
252 Hp 252 Sp. Def 6 Sp. Att
- Wish
- Light Screen
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt/Thunderwave

Is this ok to act as a special wall in the standard meta game?

If not, please suggest another Special wall thats not Blissey ?

Cool Kid 94
08-31-2007, 02:23 PM
Wait, does Magic Guard protect you from Special Attacks or non-damage attacks?

But that's pretty good.

Dark_Azelf
08-31-2007, 02:53 PM
Wait, does Magic Guard protect you from Special Attacks or non-damage attacks?

But that's pretty good.

It protects you from Non Damaging attacks

ive just notced im going to have to evolve that Togepi to a Togetic so it can breed and Pass on wish, Meh.

Intangible
08-31-2007, 03:03 PM
To quote a friend of mine...

[About Magic Guard]Just to clarify, Magic Guard prevents any damage not done by a direct attack. This means, among others, that Clefable is unaffected by weather damage, poison or burn damage, Leech Seed, Stealth Rock, Spikes and recoil from Life Orb and Double-Edge. Credit for this information goes to the researchers in the Diamond/Pearl Research Thread on the Stark Mountain forum.

As for your inquiry, unless I see some numbers, I won't believe that that Clefable can switch into standard special sweepers quite as well as Blissey.

Of course, once you have a Light Screen up, it becomes a valuable supporter, and Magic Guard is an awesome ability, but from its face value I can't predict anything.

I'd try it out and see how it works.

Btw go with Thunder Wave since you won't be hurting much outside of Gyarados (who can probably survive Thunderbolt anyways) otherwise. Thunderbolt is better with Calm Mind.

Dark_Azelf
08-31-2007, 03:45 PM
To quote a friend of mine...

As for your inquiry, unless I see some numbers, I won't believe that that Clefable can switch into standard special sweepers quite as well as Blissey.

Of course, once you have a Light Screen up, it becomes a valuable supporter, and Magic Guard is an awesome ability, but from its face value I can't predict anything.

I'd try it out and see how it works.

Btw go with Thunder Wave since you won't be hurting much outside of Gyarados (who can probably survive Thunderbolt anyways) otherwise. Thunderbolt is better with Calm Mind.

Clefables max Hp is 394 and Special Defense is 306.

I know its not as good as Blissey, and I have nothing against Blissey but, i just cannot get Seismic toss on it, which makes it useless IMO.

-Holland-
08-31-2007, 10:09 PM
For the moves:

--Calm Mind
--Cosmic Power
--Thunderbolt/ Moonlight
--Ice Beam

^I recommend Thunderbolt so that you can prove a good offense against all Pokemon. Moonlight is if you really need to heal, but Cosmic Power and Leftovers render that useless. Besides, it only goes into full effect with Sunny Day.

Dawn_PiplupFan1
09-01-2007, 02:30 PM
Ok im in a bit of a situation here, i dont have a good special wall.

I was thinking

Clefable@Leftovers
Calm Nature
Ability: Magic Guard
252 Hp 252 Sp. Def 6 Sp. Att
- Wish/Metronome
- Light Screen
- Ice Beam
- T-Wave??

Is this ok to act as a special wall in the standard meta game?

If not, please suggest another Special wall thats not Blissey ?

Changes in bold

um well umbreon is a good wall

i got a moveset for it

Umbreon@Leftovers

- Moonlight
- Confuse Ray
- Toxic
- Subsitute/Mean Look/Taunt