PDA

View Full Version : battle tower team help

Ulazlo
08-31-2007, 09:22 PM
well i've been doing the wi-fi battle rooms and i've found i can kill off most pokes with ease except for a few

my team

Latios@???
Modest 252 sp.atk/252 spd
Physcic
T-bolt
I-beam
Dragon pulse

my starter as he can kill most things. also outspeeds most things which helps

Fantome(Dusknoir)@leftovers
Careful 252 hp/140 sp.def/112 atk
painsplit
t-punch
night shade
WoW

use WoW then normally nightshade or t-punch for damage. then painsplit whenever i am low on hp.

Salamence@expert belt
Adamant 252 atk/252 spd
DD
Dragon Claw
Fire Fang
AA

standard physcical sweeper.

Well the main problems i've been having are when it comes to gengars, T-tar's, and garchomps. Gengar manages to outspeed everything and kills them with shadow ball, and hypnosis/dream eater combo. i have no damaging moves against T-tar but he has them against me, and garchomp outspeeds Latios and then manages to use outrage and kill all my guys.

so i've been thinking i should replace salamence with someone else but who should it be? and try to find a strategy for gengar and garchomp.

ronjocox
08-31-2007, 09:37 PM
I read somewhere that Soul Dew doesn't work in the BT.

Ulazlo
08-31-2007, 09:38 PM
I read somewhere that Soul Dew doesn't work in the BT.
are you sure? well then i'll need to find a new item for Latios maybe an expert belt?

ronjocox
08-31-2007, 09:39 PM
are you sure? well then i'll need to find a new item for Latios maybe an expert belt?

Yes, I am sure.

Or maybe Wise Glasses.

Cool Kid 94
08-31-2007, 09:40 PM
I think this would belong in Discussion...

Anyways, use a Scarf Pokemon. Soul Dew doesn't work in the Battle Tower. You can take Soul Dew, but it doesn't work... and they don't even give you a warning about it... -_- I'd recommend not taking a wall, and taking 2 fast Pokemon and a strong Tank like Rhyperior or Tyranitar. For Scarf I'd recommend Garchomp or maybe Gengar.

ronjocox
08-31-2007, 09:41 PM
I think this would belong in Discussion...

Anyways, use a Scarf Pokemon. Soul Dew doesn't work in the Battle Tower. You can take Soul Dew, but it doesn't work... and they don't even give you a warning about it... -_- I'd recommend not taking a wall, and taking 2 fast Pokemon and a strong Tank like Rhyperior or Tyranitar. For Scarf I'd recommend Garchomp or maybe Gengar.
I think that choice pokemon(Except Slaking) shouldn't be really used in the battle tower.

Cool Kid 94
08-31-2007, 09:43 PM
IDK, one for an opener with good type coverage is good, since it can take out about 1-2 of the opponent's Pokemon.

ronjocox
08-31-2007, 09:48 PM
IDK, one for an opener with good type coverage is good, since it can take out about 1-2 of the opponent's Pokemon.

I tryed a scarfed on a Porygon-Z vs. The Tower Tycoon and it I had to Ice Beam D-Nite and then he switches into Milotic and I have to switch and he used hypnoisis. I know, that is just a summary of the battle..

Ulazlo
08-31-2007, 09:50 PM
alright so soul dew doesn't work and can i get suggestions on other pokes to put in there as replacements and how should i deal with gengar and garchomp?

ronjocox
08-31-2007, 09:54 PM
alright so soul dew doesn't work and can i get suggestions on other pokes to put in there as replacements and how should i deal with gengar and garchomp?
Movesets or how to kill them?

Cool Kid 94
08-31-2007, 09:56 PM
Teach Latios Shadow Ball and leave it there, that'll work. Shadow Ball > Psychic on Latios IMO. Then stick a Physical Sweeper or Tank there instead of Dusknoir...

Ulazlo
08-31-2007, 09:56 PM
Movesets or how to kill them?
i need to be able to kill them. they always outspeed me and despite the fact that i have the movesets to take beat them, i never get to use them.

ronjocox
08-31-2007, 09:57 PM
i need to be able to kill them. they always outspeed me and despite the fact that i have the movesets to take beat them, i never get to use them.

Cress walls Garchomp and 2HKOs with Ice Beam.

Sasuke94
08-31-2007, 10:28 PM
Latios Is Awesome
Dusknoir=Aiight
Salamence=Eh

Instead Of Salamence, I Would Use Like A Adamant Eved Swampert,But Since Gengar Problems, Use Garchomp Or Starmie... My Ursaring Combo Rocks Though Too!

Ursaring@Flame Orb
Jolly Eved In Speed And Att
Earthquake
Aerial Ace(For Outrunable Fighters)
Brick Break (TTAR Counter
Facade

ronjocox
08-31-2007, 10:29 PM
Latios Is Awesome
Dusknoir=Aiight
Salamence=Eh

Instead Of Salamence, I Would Use Like A Adamant Eved Swampert,But Since Gengar Problems, Use Garchomp Or Starmie... My Ursaring Combo Rocks Though Too!

Ursaring@Flame Orb
Jolly Eved In Speed And Att
Earthquake
Aerial Ace(For Outrunable Fighters)
Brick Break (TTAR Counter
Facade
Sorry, but Ursaring is slow.

To slow.

Sasuke94
08-31-2007, 10:38 PM
He Out Speeds Almost Everything When I Use Him!He Works Good In The Battle Tower For Wifi And Me.Shadowball Cant Hit Him Either From Gengar!

ronjocox
08-31-2007, 10:41 PM
He Out Speeds Almost Everything When I Use Him!He Works Good In The Battle Tower For Wifi And Me.Shadowball Cant Hit Him Either From Gengar!
What abillty does it have?

Sasuke94
08-31-2007, 11:15 PM
Guts