-eq

Standard feraligator.

Typhlosion @ heat rock
timid
-flamethrower
-wow
-sunny day
-solar beam

Sunny day and flamethrower/solarbeam, priceless.

Grumpig @ leftovers
calm
-power gem
-trick room
-confuse ray
-psychic

Trick room and then annoy them a little bit with confuse ray.

Clefable @ leftovers
calm
-thunderbolt
-ice beam
-calm mind
-cosmic power

This set has been floating around a bit.

Scizor @ leftovers -technician
impish
-metal claw
-agility
-x-scissor
-aerial ace

With technician metal claw has base power of 100 and aerial ace has a base power of 120, i switch this in if trick room is still in effect. Once trick room subsides i use agility.

Hope you like it, tell me if there are any changes to be made.

ronjocox
09-01-2007, 12:49 AM
First off, Natures and EV spreads would be nice.

Feragatr needs something called Swords Dance, since DD raises SPD.

dragonzrule
09-01-2007, 12:52 AM
There are natures there. DD raises attack along with speed so it doesn't need it. Ev spreads are useless unless you know IVs. EVs are a way of "cleaning up and modifying"

-Holland-
09-01-2007, 12:52 AM
Really, it depends on your preference for Feraligatr. His Attack is already very high, so raising it a few levels in accordance to Speed makes it unstoppable anyway. You can only raise it six levels, after all.

ronjocox
09-01-2007, 12:55 AM
Really, it depends on your preference for Feraligatr. His Attack is already very high, so raising it a few levels in accordance to Speed makes it unstoppable anyway. You can only raise it six levels, after all.

But Trick Room defeats the purpose of DD.

dragonzrule
09-01-2007, 12:57 AM
I'm giving feraligator a jolly nature so that even with one dd it can outspeed weavile. I have a jolly ditto with 31 speed waiting for it.

EDIT: I'm not going to use trick room in conjunction with feraligator. Feraligator is my starting pokemon.

-Holland-
09-01-2007, 12:57 AM
But Trick Room defeats the purpose of DD.

Oh, wow, XD. Didn't see that there.

Dude, Swords Dance, immediately. Also, Grumpig may find some use in Magic Coat. You know...it helps to not have your Speed lowered or get Paralyzed.

ronjocox
09-01-2007, 12:58 AM
There are natures there. DD raises attack along with speed so it doesn't need it. Ev spreads are useless unless you know IVs. EVs are a way of "cleaning up and modifying"
EV spreads aren't useless, for example, 252 ATK 252 SPD Metagross doesn't need good IVs, to work well. (It is prefferred though)

Somebody Else
09-01-2007, 12:58 AM
Trick room only lasts 5 turns for a start. And it's very easy to use trick room AFTER Feraligatr.

Everything looks nice there, although on Scizor, Technician multiplies by 1.5, not 2. You also might wanna try Giga Drain instead of Waterfall on Ludicolo.

dragonzrule
09-01-2007, 12:59 AM
Grumpig isn't meant to sweep. Its purpose is to set up trick room and take some pokemon along with it. I switch in scizor after it. Feraligator is a starter. It will not be used after trick room. Remember, trick room only lasts five turns.

EDIT: hmmm, I'll switch iron head with metal claw but aerial ace will stay.

ronjocox
09-01-2007, 01:00 AM
Maybe Rain Dance over Waterfall on Ludicolo.

Then you might as well switch Ice Beam with Surf.

-Holland-
09-01-2007, 01:01 AM
EV spreads aren't useless, for example, 252 ATK 252 SPD Metagross doesn't need good IVs, to work well. (It is prefferred though)

I believe IVs make a difference of no more than 40 points in contrast to the maximum, which is almost never the case.

dragonzrule
09-01-2007, 01:03 AM
I don't want to give evs now for two reasons
1. I'm lazy -_-
2. I might as well give you a sheet saying the weaknesses of my team XD

EDIT: XD, i put waterfall on ludicolo. That was a typo, it should be surf. Ludicolo's effect of healing in the rain is a waste of a movespot and doesn't make that much of a difference anyways. It has leftovers for healing.

ronjocox
09-01-2007, 01:05 AM
I don't want to give evs now for two reasons
1. I'm lazy -_-
2. I might as well give you a sheet saying the weaknesses of my team XD

Trust me, with 252 EVs, you gain 63 points in a stat.

dragonzrule
09-01-2007, 01:09 AM
I know, I ev train. I just don't feel like typing it up now.

Prince J
09-01-2007, 02:24 AM
DD > Sword Dance since you will want a Gatr that outspeed anything.
You might also want Focus Blast over WoW on Typhlosion.
And Evs are, in any cases, not useless.

dragonzrule
09-01-2007, 02:31 AM
GRRRRR, everyone keeps misunderstanding me. I don't think EVs are useless. I ev train. I'm saying it is pointless to tell you what I will EV train in until I actually breed and get the IVs of the pokemon. I'm going with dd feraligator anyways. Can someone tell me how they think it will fair in battle?