PDA

View Full Version : Check out this Salamence!

RonRaygunX3
09-01-2007, 12:24 PM
Ok I got what I think is a really cool Idea for a salamence.. lately in D/P the new Specsmence hasbeen the only thing being used. So heres what i thought of.

Salamence@WhiteErb
Lonely/Naive,129 attack, 129 special attack, 252 speed
DracoMeteor
BrickBreak
Crunch/ EarthQuake
Flamethrower

IMO it makes a pretty awesome Skamory/ Blissey destroyer. DracoMeteor makes them sitch to Blissey to take special hits, you take down Blissey with BrickBreak, then if they put in Skamory take it down with flamethrower. and becuse of WhiteErb, your Sp.attack is back to normal from that first DracoMeteor so you can use it again.:cool: Tell me what you think about this. Oh yeah and the only really good counter I,ve thought of for this Salamence is walling DracoMeteor with Blissey, switch in on an earthquake or brick break to a gengar, then Gengar uses HP Ice for Salamence can pown it.

footynutdyl
09-01-2007, 12:41 PM
nice this is very good for destroying them annoying blissey's,umbreon's and skarmory's.

Dark_Azelf
09-01-2007, 01:48 PM
Thats actually pretty good, one problem though, the nature should be Lonely, Naive or Hasty to Mixed sweep.

RonRaygunX3
09-01-2007, 01:56 PM
Thanks. And do you guys see any big counters for this set?

Dark_Azelf
09-01-2007, 02:41 PM

Just be careful of the switch in of Bulky Gyarados w/Ice Fang , Swampert w/Avalance, Starmie, Ludicolo.etc, and be aware that these are rare but my friend has them, HP Ice Jolteon/ Gengar.

Cool Kid 94
09-01-2007, 03:01 PM
Adamant with EVs in Sp. Atk is a no-no. IMO Salamence is a better Physical Sweeper OR Special Sweeper, but mixed sweeper just kills Salamence.

Salamence@Muscle Band/Focus Sash/Life Orb?
Jolly (252 Atk, 252 Spd, 4 HP)
Dragon Dance
Dragon Claw
Aerial Ace
Earthquake/Brick Break

That's a Salamence other than Specsmence.

Dark_Azelf
09-01-2007, 03:07 PM
Adamant with EVs in Sp. Atk is a no-no. IMO Salamence is a better Physical Sweeper OR Special Sweeper, but mixed sweeper just kills Salamence.

Salamence@Muscle Band/Focus Sash/Life Orb?
Jolly (252 Atk, 252 Spd, 4 HP)
Dragon Dance
Dragon Claw
Aerial Ace
Earthquake/Brick Break

That's a Salamence other than Specsmence.

I suggested Lonely, Hasty or Naive Nature if he wants a Mixed Sweeper/SkarmBliss counter.

DragoniteMistress
09-01-2007, 09:03 PM

Water/Ice type :rolleyes:

Not too unpopular. A Vaporeon could make quick work of that, considering they know the uncommon Ice Beam. Also, Salamence doesn't make the best mixed sweeper, it's better as physical.

Sasuke94
09-01-2007, 10:02 PM
I Like The Old Salamence The Best.

Salamence@Leftovers/Focus Sash
Adamant(252att and 252 speed)
--Dragon Dance
--Aerial Ace/Stone Edge
--Dragon Claw
--Earthquake

RonRaygunX3
09-02-2007, 01:20 AM
Water/Ice type :rolleyes:

Not too unpopular. A Vaporeon could make quick work of that, considering they know the uncommon Ice Beam. Also, Salamence doesn't make the best mixed sweeper, it's better as physical.

Yeah, thanks I'm not an idiot.