PDA

View Full Version : Bold Cresselia Moveset?

Deoxys Ribonuke
09-01-2007, 06:51 PM
I just got a Shiny Bold Untouched Cresselia in a trade that I would like to use in the battle tower, and I need a bit of help with her moveset/EV-spread.

Can someone lend me a hand? :ermm:

Dawn_PiplupFan1
09-01-2007, 10:53 PM
I just got a Shiny Bold Untouched Cresselia in a trade that I would like to use in the battle tower, and I need a bit of help with her moveset/EV-spread.

Can someone lend me a hand? :ermm:
I have one

Cresselia@Leftovers
Bold Nature
Ev's
252 Defense/252 Hp/6 S.Defense
- Charge Beam
- Ice Beam
- Reflect/Calm mind
- Moonlight

Cool Kid 94
09-01-2007, 11:06 PM
Cresselia@Leftovers
Bold (252 HP, 252 Def, 4 Sp. Def (with Calm Mind))
Calm Mind
Moonlight
Ice Beam
Charge Beam/Lunar Dance

Calm Mind to boost your Sp. Def, which has no EVs. Moonlight as a healer... Ice Beam to damage. Charge Beam if you wanna raise Sp. Atk and provide type coverage (BoltBeam), and Lunar Dance to heal... Reflect could be put there if you want to raise Defense (not recommended).

Mainly what ^ said.

Hyper Blaze
09-01-2007, 11:08 PM
Cresselia@Leftovers
Bold (252 HP, 252 Def, 4 Sp. Def (with Calm Mind))
Calm Mind
Moonlight
Ice Beam
Charge Beam/Lunar Dance

Calm Mind to boost your Sp. Def, which has no EVs. Moonlight as a healer... Ice Beam to damage. Charge Beam if you wanna raise Sp. Atk and provide type coverage (BoltBeam), and Lunar Dance to heal... Reflect could be put there if you want to raise Defense (not recommended).

Mainly what ^ said.

WTF Ice Beam is to freeze. And Charge Beam is just usless. And reflect should be there instead of Luner Dance.

ronjocox
09-01-2007, 11:12 PM
WTF Ice Beam is to freeze. And Charge Beam is just usless. And reflect should be there instead of Luner Dance.
Charge Beam is not useless. Ice Beam is to counter Garchomps.

Ripped off from Smogon.com/forums Analyis.

name: Wall
move 1: Reflect / Thunder Wave
move 2: Charge Beam
move 3: Ice Beam
move 4: Moonlight / Rest
item: Leftovers
nature: Bold
evs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 6 SpAtk

name: Sleep Talk
move 1: Rest
move 2: Sleep Talk
move 4: Charge Beam/Thunder Wave/Reflect
nature: Bold
evs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 6 SpAtk

cyl3x
09-02-2007, 12:12 AM

Actually, I'd go with Psychic over lunar dance. Sure it gets resisted alot, but it hurts lots after a few calm mind boosts. Besides, why does Charge beam have to be there? Calm mind confirms specials boost. Charge beams is only good for gyarados. Which is still a measly 200 base damage which is on a bulky gyarados moveset:

Damage: 30.99% - 36.46%, Cress@Neutral nature and Gyarados@Max IVs & neutral nature.

After 1 calm mind boost,
Damage: 45.83% - 53.91%
That's at least 2-3HKO.

After 2 boosts
Damage: 60.42% - 71.09%
Well, 2HKO here.

After 3 boosts
Damage: 75.00% - 88.28%

After 4 boosts
Damage: 89.58% - 105.47%
Chance of OHKO.

Wouldn't anyone just rather switch out of something?

name: Calm Mind
move 1: Calm Mind
move 2: Psychic
move 4: Moonlight
252 HP / 252 Def / 6 SpAtk

Stripped from smogon, I feel which is most prefered set. I know that charge beam's the main attampt to remove gyarados, but it's quite pointless, seeing as it can the most, 3HKO with charge beam(with boosts coming after each turn).

Last note: If a good hidden power Electric or Fighting is available, Use Ice beam and HP: Electric together or Shadow ball and HP: fighting together.