PDA

View Full Version : What type of music??

pikahero2
09-02-2007, 05:48 PM
Ok here post what type of music you like its between

Rap(the best ever)
rave(kinda good)
Rock(I personally hate the ****)

andthenwekisss
09-02-2007, 09:33 PM
My favorite artists or groups or cds would be...

Britney Spears
Jeffree Star
Beyonce
Christina Aguilera
Jonas Brothers
Miley Cyrus
Cheetah Girls
Destiny's Child
Raven
Kelly Clarkson
Jordin Sparks

just to name a few.

my favorite genres would be

Broadways like hairspray, spring awakening, legally blonde, wicked
Musical movies Rent Dreamgirls HSM 1 and 2
Pop like Britney and Christina
Techno like Jeffree Star
Dance music
Girl rap lol, like Missy Elliott and Lil Kim, some of there stuff.

Stardy
09-02-2007, 09:53 PM
Fav bands/artists would have to be...
Saliva
Linkin Park
Green Day
Justin Timberlake and
Miley Cyrus (Hannah Montana, hate the show, but shes quite good)

Raine
09-02-2007, 10:15 PM
I'm really starting to like Power Metal.

ReclusiveDemon
09-02-2007, 10:28 PM
I'm a weird sorta guy.

I listen to losts of things...

Black Metal, Suicidal Black Metal, Atmospheric Black Metal, Thrash Metal, Viking Metal, Power Metal, Death Metal, Speed Metal, Progressive Metal, Sludge Metal, Drone Metal, Stoner Metal and Doom Metal. I also go into Progressive Rock, Psychedelic Rock, Noise Rock, Stoner Rock, Blues Rock, Blues, Ambient, Alternative, Noise, Neo-Classical, Liquid Jazz, Ska, Punk Rock, Hardcore Punk, Punk Ska, and Orchestral.

Lots of music.

BUT MOSTLY TEH BLAX METTUL AND THRAASHURZ.

Raine
09-02-2007, 10:35 PM
I don't know why I didn't mention Drone Metal. :/

Also, either I'm hearing the wrong Ska, or it's mediocre. :[

darkblaziken
09-17-2007, 02:02 AM
i listen to rock like threedaysgrace and linkin park

RonRaygunX3
09-17-2007, 02:05 AM
Speed Metal, Power Metal, Screamo, Jazz, some Classical, and a little Techno.

InvertrevnI
09-17-2007, 02:14 AM
All the darker metal genres appeal to me in some way. This includes:

Black Metal (Not the vocals, just the riffs. Death vocals >>>> black vocals)
Doom Metal (Especially Death Doom)
Gothic Metal, symphonic =/= Gothic.
Death Metal
Drone... I guess.

I also enjoy:

Power Metal
Thrash Metal
Symphonic Atnospheric Speed Death Doom with Avant-garde, Progressive Power Thrash, and Sludge Metal influences.
Classic rock (Can't beat the 80s :P)
Neofolk
Folk Metal

Soul Slayer
09-17-2007, 03:40 AM
I could follow suit and list every metal genre I can think of, but to be more specific:

The bands in each of those sub-genres that don't suck.

c-wooper
09-18-2007, 01:27 AM
omg rap and 50cent.

George Jefferson
09-18-2007, 03:57 PM
VG Rock (King of Fighters, Street Fighter)

Rock (Most bands)

Rap (None ): )

VG Techno (Street Fighter Alpha 3)

>_> Don't like my music tastes, F*** YOU

Ulazlo
09-18-2007, 11:18 PM
Rock, Alternative, and i don't really feel like listing specific bands, but i will say Pink Floyd as i'm listening to it right now.

either way not a big fan of rap, just some fake gangsta guys singing bad poetry.

Stubby Boardman
09-18-2007, 11:22 PM
Creed
Hoobastank
Finger Eleven
Marron Five

and many others

Lord Celebi
09-19-2007, 03:13 PM
Ok here post what type of music you like its between

Rap(the best ever)
rave(kinda good)
Rock(I personally hate the ****)

I'm sorry... How can you hate rock? Without rock, you wouldn't have your terrible rap music (and rap really isn't even music).

Rock ftw.

George Jefferson
09-19-2007, 03:50 PM
I'm sorry... How can you hate rock? Without rock, you wouldn't have your terrible rap music (and rap really isn't even music).

Rock ftw.

Rust's comment FTW. LOL TC, you fail. ):

Hairspray Queen
09-20-2007, 01:08 AM

Rock ftw.

How isn't rap music? :eh: You can at least back up your claim by at least a couple of reasons. I mean, I don't like rap at all (in fact, it's probably one of my least favourite genres) but that's not to say I don't respect what rappers do. Sure, you may not like it, but that doesn't give you reason to claim what is and isn't music.

Anyhoo, I mostly like Rock, Metal and Punk. I'm not gonna bother naming all the sub-genres like Black Metal, Gothic Metal, Grunge, Pop-Punk etc.... because basically, they can all just be categorized into one of the first three genres.

And top 5 bands for me: Muse, Guns N' Roses, Nirvana, Red Hot Chili Peppers and Iron Maiden.:happy:

MaskedJackal
09-24-2007, 03:08 AM
I like industrial metal (Oomph!, Rammstein, Eisbrecher, Megaherz, Stahlhammer, Silber, Schweisser, b.o.s.c.h.), and some rapcore (Presence, (hed)p.e., NOT Limp Bizkit.)

Hypocrisy is Fun
09-24-2007, 03:24 AM
I like:

Rock / Punk / Progressive Rock / Alternative / Metal / Black Metal

SolToneKing
09-24-2007, 08:24 PM
Rock and country are my favorite genres

celebihunter
09-24-2007, 08:38 PM
Show me any song,I like it.I like every genre of music,except rap :P

Rap fails.

Woodchuck
09-24-2007, 08:49 PM
I like... POST-HARDCOREMELLOWHEAVYMETAL!!!

Yeeeeeaaaah, no. Pretty much any kind of music for me, except rap. Because as Celeihunter stated, "Rap fails."

Gaby
09-24-2007, 09:05 PM
Hm... my likes...

Rock. Can't live without it. <3
J-Rock/J-Pop. Those are like my heaven. X3
Some Metal every once in a while. They're good, but my ears are screwed up enough. XD
Slow songs. Shut. The. F***. Up. >>

And rap. Yeah. Not happening. It is... ugh... no words can explain. D= It just PHEILS.

Now, as for bands, in order from one to five:

HIGH and MIGHTY COLOR (God they pwn so much X3)
Linkin' Park (Can't like it, gotta love it. Or you're dumb. >=O)
Skillet
Hyde
Hitomi Takahashi

Mitsuzo-kun
09-24-2007, 09:13 PM

Rock ftw.

Rust just summed it up. =)

Seriously, I too, fail to see how people talking quickly is classed as music.

On the other end of the scale, people screaming until they get sore throats isn't appealing to me either.

I like Soul, Most Indie music, some rock, BIG BALLADS, and Jazz. :o

To be specific.... FAVOURITE BAND = PARAMORE! >=D

DragoniteMistress
09-24-2007, 09:16 PM
Classical = Jazz = R&B = Rap

Although that's only opinionated. I like a lot of rap, but then again I'm a hardcore Evanescence fan as well.

Irony? I think not.

skate4242
09-24-2007, 09:22 PM
screamo,hardcore,metal,rock, rap sucks

Tamer Marco
09-24-2007, 10:18 PM
Uh yeah...as the outer picture of most recent Rock artists is taken indirectly from Rap artists... your favorites wouldn't exist either.

If you like it or not, the music industry wouldn't be anything without Rap, as every rapper alive makes tons more revenue than Rock bands and artists. I admittedly like Rock sometimes, but its BS to just diss a person's music taste just because you don't agree with the image. :rolleyes: It's kind of like that little balance that keeps music alive, something called variety. I may not like Country music at all, but I don't go ZOMG CUNTRY SUKZ11111!!!! whenever I get the chance.

Artists: Kanye West, FoB (extremely ironic), Lil Wayne, OutKast, Justin Timberlake (he is a triple threat people), Jay-Z, Foo Fighters (sort of...)

Genres: Rap, Rock, Pop, Techno, R&B

MaskedJackal
09-24-2007, 10:27 PM
If you like it or not, the music industry wouldn't be anything without Rap, as every rapper alive makes tons more revenue than Rock bands and artists.

That's not always true. Rammstein, Ted Nugent, Metallica, and some others generate a TON of revenue.

Tamer Marco
09-24-2007, 10:30 PM
That's not always true. Rammstein, Ted Nugent, Metallica, and some others generate a TON of revenue.
lol, but can you really say that the average rock star makes more money, and does more things than the average rap artist?

Huge biases to one type of music is really dumb.

Subside
09-24-2007, 10:54 PM
I used to hate rap, but when in a drunken state I learned to embrace it. Though I still think they look stupid and their video's are kinda stupid, but I like the music.

Top Artists/Bands (In no order): Pendulum, 30 Seconds to Mars, Bullet For My Valentine, Madina Lake, Metallica, Pantera, Killswitch Engage.

There are more i just cannot think of them.

Genre's: If its good, I'll listen to it, simple.

LS
09-24-2007, 10:57 PM
Pikahero you fail at life. :O Rock>Rap. Disturbed Children of Bodom and Bullet for My Valentine ftw. 8D

Sceptile Frost
09-29-2007, 09:39 PM
I agree. Rock > Rap every day.

Favorite Groups:

Green Day
Linkin Park
Relient K

A bit of a weird combination, but whatever...

Chiakakiri
09-30-2007, 10:55 AM
Yes! -Does the Caramell dance- (Go to Youtube...)

Techo/Trans
Rock
A little bit of Hip-hop
Pop (I guess =P)

Fave artists:
A-kon
MCR
Greenday
Linkin Park
Simple plan
Fallout Boy
Basshunter
Eminem
Emilie Autumn
Evanescene

TeirusuFX
09-30-2007, 04:48 PM
What goes up, must come downYet my feet don't touch the ground

Genre

Loves: Any Genre Japanese

Okay With: Rock

Hates: Classical :susp:

...I mean...who would even like classical!

Seeing the world spinning upside downA mighty crash without a sound

Trainer of Shadows
09-30-2007, 11:22 PM
Rock > Rap.

"Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers before you can enjoy it"

Rage Against the Machine, The Pink Spiders, Chiodos, Paramore.

~ToS~

MaskedJackal
09-30-2007, 11:46 PM
Rock > Rap.

"Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers before you can enjoy it"

Rage Against the Machine, The Pink Spiders, Chiodos, Paramore.

~ToS~

Rage Against the Machine is partly rap though, even though Tom Morello is one of the greatest guitarists of all time.

JentleViolence
10-06-2007, 05:01 AM
I listen to almost anything as long as I like it. Strange, yes. xD

I don't like opera, though. Oh gosh anything except for Opera.

eb90
10-06-2007, 05:03 AM
Rock > All other types of Music

SuperT
10-06-2007, 05:26 AM

Rock ftw.

I go with you with the rap part.
I love country music. Rascal Flatts most favorite.

24l nkx
10-06-2007, 05:36 AM
i like bands like van halen, led zeppelin, judas priest, tenacious d, ac/dc, spinal tap, rage against the machine, alice in chains, and a lot more.

Tory vs Meaty II
10-06-2007, 06:22 AM
Hip hop, r&b, and pop are my favorites. And somewhat metal. And I do not like rock music.

rust: no, FTL!

Marco: yes, FTW!

Lati-Chan2000
10-11-2007, 01:19 AM
Rock is my favorite, particularly grunge, screamo, and metal.
Atreyu, Saosin, and Nirvana ftw <3
Rap is horrible. I hate it. But I'm forced to listen to it everyday because of my cousin...
Pop annoys me too...

RonRaygunX3
10-11-2007, 01:28 AM
I like speed metal, a little bit of screamo ( ATR), Heavy Rock, and some classical.

And Celtic stoof.!.

Tamer Marco
10-11-2007, 01:30 AM
It seems kind of odd that many of the members here like Rage Against The Machine, but hate rap. RATM's frontman rapped on every song, with Tom Morello and the drums playing in the background. They're defined as Political Rap/Rock, so thats a huge double standard. :|

Tory vs Meaty II
10-11-2007, 01:36 AM
It is pretty sweet that the #1 songs from the Hot 100 Billboard are commonly rap, r&b, and pop. And rarely rock. *To ride across the road, you must get rid of all the rocks at once.*

r&b > rap > pop > reggae > metal > jazz > classical > garbage > rock.

Woodchuck
10-11-2007, 01:48 AM
It is pretty sweet that the #1 songs from the Hot 100 Billboard are commonly rap, r&b, and pop. And rarely rock. *To ride across the road, you must get rid of all the rocks at once.*

rock > garbage > classical > jazz > metal > reggae > pop > rap > r&b.

Only if I were dyslexic would you be right. XP

Rock owns Rap and Pop, end of story. :hungry:

LS
10-11-2007, 02:04 AM

r&b > rap > pop > reggae > metal > jazz > classical > garbage > rock.

You seem to have misplaced the rock. It should be switched with rap. ^__^ Some of the basic things rap is about are: Drugs sex women... That's just lame. ;/

Tory vs Meaty II
10-11-2007, 02:21 AM
You seem to have misplaced the rock. It should be switched with rap. ^__^ Some of the basic things rap is about are: Drugs sex women... That's just lame. ;/

Not all rap is like that. Look at Jay-Z for example, he has respect for the ladies. :tongue:

Orthar
10-11-2007, 02:22 AM
Gangster Rap(Not that 'Crunk' ****)
Classic Rock(60's-80's)
Hard Rock
Death Metal
Screamo
RapRock
Psycadelic Rock

There's alot more, I just can't describe them.

Tamer Marco
10-11-2007, 03:08 AM

lolololololol

Aren't those major themes in most Rock songs? A lot of them involve feeling alone in the world, but they include sex and drugs and women. :|

MaskedJackal
10-11-2007, 12:15 PM
lolololololol

Aren't those major themes in most Rock songs? A lot of them involve feeling alone in the world, but they include sex and drugs and women. :|

No. Go look up the translations of the lyrics for Megherz's album "Herzwerk II".

RonRaygunX3
10-11-2007, 12:51 PM
lolololololol

That's the major theme in classic rock. But now, most of the rocks songs I've heard are either about politics, emo-ness, random-topics,ect.lol

Tamer Marco
10-11-2007, 04:29 PM
No. Go look up the translations of the lyrics for Megherz's album "Herzwerk II".

One album does not change an entire genre of music, sorry.

Yeah, a LOT of Rock songs are about the same things that Rap talks about, whether it be Classic Rock or New Rock, and if you choose to accept that obvious fact or not.

One of the main reasons why people hate Rap is because when it talks about these themes, its usually more offensive, but that is still a pretty weak double standard. How many rock stars have literally died from partying? :|

punisher
10-11-2007, 05:12 PM
i like rock, Hip Hop R&b and rap(street stile) ,and i like 50 cent

MaskedJackal
10-11-2007, 08:14 PM
One album does not change an entire genre of music, sorry.

Yeah, a LOT of Rock songs are about the same things that Rap talks about, whether it be Classic Rock or New Rock, and if you choose to accept that obvious fact or not.

One of the main reasons why people hate Rap is because when it talks about these themes, its usually more offensive, but that is still a pretty weak double standard. How many rock stars have literally died from partying? :|

Mainstream rockers are like that yes, and that's why they aren't any good. They have no talent, their lyrics are horrible, and they sound awful live.

InvertrevnI
10-13-2007, 06:22 PM
Rap (was) is fine. Rock (was) is fine. Rock was one of the greatest genres ever imo, it was an explosion of music with new instruments and style. Rap sorta came to be after rock turned into the **** it is today (soft rock? what is this bullshit?), a genre with a vocals>music attitude. Nothing wrong with these.

Both started sucking after going mega-mainstream.

There hasn't been good rap for five or more years, and rock... at least 15.

[/opinionated rant]

Flygon Ruler
10-13-2007, 06:44 PM
Anything is good as long as its not classical or old 70's jazz/rock. Those all suck!

My favs, is Alternative Rock and HipHopish Rap.

Kyeiko
10-13-2007, 06:52 PM
I like almost all music. Except opera..

punisher
10-13-2007, 06:57 PM
yo people what is yor faverot video clips>as for me i like
>1.50 cent:meny men
>2.50 cent :you dont know
>3.linkin park:what iv done
i cant think for more right now but leter ,what is your faverot

Tamer Marco
10-13-2007, 11:27 PM
Mainstream rockers are like that yes, and that's why they aren't any good. They have no talent, their lyrics are horrible, and they sound awful live.

Well, thats awful isn't it? Most people only listen to the mainstream of the genre, which apparently sucks.

Llama Commando
10-21-2007, 04:20 AM
I love rock. Not the (mostly) crap that comes out now, but I love the old school bands. Queen, Scorpions, Kansas, ACDC, Nickelback, U2, Rush, Black Sabbath, Foo Fighters, Green Day, Kiss, etc. = pwnsomeness in my book. If you want to look at it that way, a lot of those bands have songs on Guitar Hero. Killer Queen, Rock You Like A Hurricane, Wayward Son, Back in Black, YYZ, Bark At The Moon, Monkey Wrench, Rock You All Nite Long... The list goes on. For the record... rap pretty much sucks. Not trying to start a flame war, just my opinion. And Slash is pwnsome to the max.

c-wooper
10-22-2007, 10:14 PM

Rock ftw.

rap music has a beat. its real.

MaskedJackal
10-23-2007, 12:44 AM
rap music has a beat. its real.

And rock doesn't have a beat?

Check it out: http://oomph-supernova.com/media/audio/wunschkind/Inri_vs_Jahwe.mp3

c-wooper
10-23-2007, 09:47 PM
And rock doesn't have a beat?

Check it out: http://oomph-supernova.com/media/audio/wunschkind/Inri_vs_Jahwe.mp3

uh...rock has a beat..I never said it didn't/

:P

ArceusGod
10-23-2007, 10:46 PM
Heavy Metal: Metallica, all the remains, Guns N Roses

Rock: Linkin Park

Rap:none i hate rap

Tamer Marco
10-23-2007, 10:52 PM
Linkin Park is 1/4 rap. :P

RonRaygunX3
10-23-2007, 11:02 PM
Heavy Metal: Metallica, all the remains, Guns N Roses

Rock: Linkin Park

Rap:none i hate rap

Whoa you like ATR too? They are like me favorite band.

darkmewtwo1111
11-02-2007, 02:01 AM
I like Rock music.

EDIT: Please use 4 or more words next time. ~Mario

Xerion
11-02-2007, 09:26 PM
Linkin Park is 1/4 rap. :P

Thank You. Why you people don't consider rap music is beyond me. It seems some of you like Linkin Park and you hate Rap. Listen to the first 45 second of Bleed It Out. Purly Rap. I like both 'nuff said. But let's stop takling about Rap and ROck, talk the stuff that really sucks. Country.

-Xerion

.AzureLight
11-04-2007, 06:11 AM
Power Metal (DragonForce)
Classic Rock (Rush, Rolling Stones, Scorpions, Aerosmith, Sex Pistols, Pink Floyd, etc.)
Punk Rock (Sum 41, Blink 182, Green Day, etc.)

Dark Charizard
11-04-2007, 06:17 AM
Rap pwns me [: KanYe West ftw.

Tamer Marco
11-12-2007, 03:50 AM
Thank You. Why you people don't consider rap music is beyond me. It seems some of you like Linkin Park and you hate Rap. Listen to the first 45 second of Bleed It Out. Purly Rap. I like both 'nuff said. But let's stop takling about Rap and ROck, talk the stuff that really sucks. Country.

-Xerion
One of the worst mistakes you can do is flame another person's music taste. You're just going to get flamed in the end. :P

RawrIsMyMiddleName
11-12-2007, 09:49 PM
I'm in to a lot of music. But, let's sum this up. I'm in love with these to bands as of this random second: Paramore && Finger Eleven. Some others like Linkin Park and such.

Cybernetic Ghost
11-15-2007, 09:04 AM
But let's stop takling about Rap and ROck, talk the stuff that really sucks. Country.

-Xerion

Johnny Cash and Charlie Daniels Band. Good day sir. I don't even like country for the most part, but it takes alot more talent to make it then 99.9% of the mainstream rap nowadays.

Anyways, I can appreciate music when its good, but I still doesn't mean I really care for it. Older rap and maybe a few rappers now(mostly nonmainstream, as mainstream rap is the worst music ever made for the most part) were/are good. Still not my cup of tea, but they were still good.

Personally a fan of older rock/pop rock/psychadelic for a large portion of my tastes. A bit of blues and some newer heavier bands(Mastodon is good, but I don't own their cds; Megadeth will always be up there on my list, ect)