PDA

View Full Version : .::Halloween::.

Fire Pkmn Master
09-03-2007, 06:46 AM
I dont really think this is the exact place to post this but I want to know what you guys think about the new Halloween movie, if you have seen it or heard of it. Discuss it here.

I saw it today and It was pretty good. After a while during the movie I just wanted to leave because that movie was just so crazy. @___@ It was good but....wow....

.::F.P.M::.

Hypocrisy is Fun
09-03-2007, 06:48 AM
I thought it was alright, but sometimes wondered when it would just end.

Fire Pkmn Master
09-03-2007, 06:50 AM
Yea thats how I felt to. It seemed a lot shorter than the others kind of.

Bryce
09-03-2007, 08:51 AM
i am going to see it this Friday...
gonna have to sneak though :susp: [dang! being 13 sux!]

ReclusiveDemon
09-03-2007, 09:43 AM
I watched the original Halloween when I was a kid and have been addicted since. I own every sequel and love almost all of them (except Halloween H20, which sucked worse than Phantasm IV) like they were family. I grew up on that cult classic horror film and to this day I always drag that smelly old VHS out of my closet and watch it on Halloween just for kicks.

Now, to begin with, Rob Zombie had a lot to live up to in this movie. Now, at the time, anybody willing to throw $325,000 out on a Horror movie figured they were wasting their money, so it's not to be expected it wasn't a great quality movie. But it was an original idea at the time, quite the thriller, held up your nerves and beat them recklessly the whole time. John Carpenter is a damn fine director and an even better screenwriter, not to mention how he managed to pull such creativity out.

Now, nothing is as good as the original, which I understand. I mean, if they went off and did a remake of something like Phantasm, it'd be nothing short of a joke, because there's no way in hell you could improve on that classic. All it could have changed is special effects, actors-- oh, wait, that's what they did with Halloween 2007. The only beef I had was obviously not the original cast I fell in love with from childhood, but still a fine cast.

I was glad they got Malcolm McDowell as Dr. Samuel Loomis... but kind of SHOCKED[/sarcasm] that Sheri Moon was in this movie. Zombie angers me because he always throws is wife in his movies. YEAH, SHE'S HOTTER THAN A VOLCANO, BUT SHE LACKS ANY ACTING TALENT WHATSOEVER. She's like a little parasite connected to him-- a lot like Yoko Ono was a parasite that was stuck on ruining John Lennon's awesome solo career. On the bright side, Sheri isn't ruining Zombie-- she's just annoying and ditzy.

But back to the movie... I was so pleased with special effects. I mean, really, this basically took the entire bland look (good at the time, though) Slasher-flick and just warped it into the demented visage it always should have had. <3

Overall, I think it's a good remake. I'm going to add it to my collection when it comes out, so it's good. :D

Yggdrasill
09-03-2007, 02:04 PM
I've seen the original Halloween, and to be honest; I wasn't that impressed.
The acting was kind of ...stale. When he's killing people.... it honestly really badly needs a tune-up, the people don't even try to defend themselves either, he might as well say; "right, I'm going to kill you, and you're not going to struggle, ok?", the only real person who struggles is the main character, and it's not like this guy is a super human or anything, so a fully grown man should be able to over-power him. (Yeah, he effortlessly kills a grown man)

The story wasn't that impressive. It's basically just a psycho breaks out of somewhere, goes into a peaceful neighbourhood and starts to kill people. Now, I mean, an explanation would be nice for WHY he is killing people, but no, he just waltzes in and starts killing people. Some doctor is looking for him as well, I can't really remember the names though.

It doesn't really matter if it was made back in the 70s, I've seen loads of other movies or tv-shows that were made in the 70s/80s and they still had really good acting, it's just a case of him choosing really bad actors.

Ok, all it needs is a tune-up, better actors, more suspense and a better plot and I'm sure it'll be good. I guess I'm just used to horrors that actually 'scare' me?

Maybe this remake will solve all those problems? Who knows?

Fire Pkmn Master
09-03-2007, 04:14 PM
i am going to see it this Friday...
gonna have to sneak though :susp: [dang! being 13 sux!]
Lol, well we had our friends brother pay for the tickets and go in with us. If he didnt stay with us then we probably wouldnt be able to get in because they had people waiting at the doors.
I watched the original Halloween when I was a kid and have been addicted since. I own every sequel and love almost all of them (except Halloween H20, which sucked worse than Phantasm IV) like they were family. I grew up on that cult classic horror film and to this day I always drag that smelly old VHS out of my closet and watch it on Halloween just for kicks.

Now, to begin with, Rob Zombie had a lot to live up to in this movie. Now, at the time, anybody willing to throw $325,000 out on a Horror movie figured they were wasting their money, so it's not to be expected it wasn't a great quality movie. But it was an original idea at the time, quite the thriller, held up your nerves and beat them recklessly the whole time. John Carpenter is a damn fine director and an even better screenwriter, not to mention how he managed to pull such creativity out.

Now, nothing is as good as the original, which I understand. I mean, if they went off and did a remake of something like Phantasm, it'd be nothing short of a joke, because there's no way in hell you could improve on that classic. All it could have changed is special effects, actors-- oh, wait, that's what they did with Halloween 2007. The only beef I had was obviously not the original cast I fell in love with from childhood, but still a fine cast.

I was glad they got Malcolm McDowell as Dr. Samuel Loomis... but kind of SHOCKED[/sarcasm] that Sheri Moon was in this movie. Zombie angers me because he always throws is wife in his movies. YEAH, SHE'S HOTTER THAN A VOLCANO, BUT SHE LACKS ANY ACTING TALENT WHATSOEVER. She's like a little parasite connected to him-- a lot like Yoko Ono was a parasite that was stuck on ruining John Lennon's awesome solo career. On the bright side, Sheri isn't ruining Zombie-- she's just annoying and ditzy.

But back to the movie... I was so pleased with special effects. I mean, really, this basically took the entire bland look (good at the time, though) Slasher-flick and just warped it into the demented visage it always should have had. <3

Overall, I think it's a good remake. I'm going to add it to my collection when it comes out, so it's good. :D
Which one was his wife?

I've seen the original Halloween, and to be honest; I wasn't that impressed.
The acting was kind of ...stale. When he's killing people.... it honestly really badly needs a tune-up, the people don't even try to defend themselves either, he might as well say; "right, I'm going to kill you, and you're not going to struggle, ok?", the only real person who struggles is the main character, and it's not like this guy is a super human or anything, so a fully grown man should be able to over-power him. (Yeah, he effortlessly kills a grown man)

The story wasn't that impressive. It's basically just a psycho breaks out of somewhere, goes into a peaceful neighbourhood and starts to kill people. Now, I mean, an explanation would be nice for WHY he is killing people, but no, he just waltzes in and starts killing people. Some doctor is looking for him as well, I can't really remember the names though.

It doesn't really matter if it was made back in the 70s, I've seen loads of other movies or tv-shows that were made in the 70s/80s and they still had really good acting, it's just a case of him choosing really bad actors.

Ok, all it needs is a tune-up, better actors, more suspense and a better plot and I'm sure it'll be good. I guess I'm just used to horrors that actually 'scare' me?

Maybe this remake will solve all those problems? Who knows?

Well I was actually thinking about this all night because I just couldnt get my mind off of this movie. xD
[Spoiler]
But I think the reason why he killed most of the people mainly Lori's friends is because they might get in Micheal's way. Lori's parents as well. He killed those two cops beause they were in the way of getting to Lori.

I was pretty mad when I found out that they ended the movie the way it did because now
I have to wait for the sequel. But the ending was crazy.

Yggdrasill
09-03-2007, 04:56 PM
But I think the reason why he killed most of the people mainly Lori's friends is because they might get in Micheal's way. Lori's parents as well. He killed those two cops beause they were in the way of getting to Lori.
I guess I just found the original a little ...cheesy?

SPOILER

Throughout the original movie; Michael gets stabbed twice (both times in the neck), shot 3 times (3rd time is in the neck/head) and falls out of Laurie's top window and he's still alive? Makes it seem like they did intend Michael to be a "super human" of sorts in the original movie, because no human could survive that.

Hakken
09-03-2007, 05:02 PM
My parents won't let me see it... T_T I liked the original, though.

Fire Pkmn Master
09-03-2007, 06:52 PM
I guess I just found the original a little ...cheesy?

SPOILER

Throughout the original movie; Michael gets stabbed twice (both times in the neck), shot 3 times (3rd time is in the neck/head) and falls out of Laurie's top window and he's still alive? Makes it seem like they did intend Michael to be a "super human" of sorts in the original movie, because no human could survive that.
Yea I know. Its crazy. In this one he's like so tall. In the other ones he didnt even seem that tall. He was a giant in this one.
[Spoiler]
At the end he gets shot in the head by his lil sister and thats where it ends so you know he's coming back with a bullet wound in his head. :rolleyes: xDMy parents won't let me see it... T_T I liked the original, though.

Whynot? Is it because they think you'll have nightmares or something???

Yggdrasill
09-03-2007, 06:56 PM
At the end he gets shot in the head by his lil sister and thats where it ends so you know he's coming back with a bullet wound in his head. :rolleyes: xD

Strange, in the original he gets shot by the Doctor who was searching for him. =P

ReclusiveDemon
09-04-2007, 01:13 AM
Which one was his wife?
Sheri Moon played as Deborah Myers. :|

Fire Pkmn Master
09-04-2007, 01:16 AM
Strange, in the original he gets shot by the Doctor who was searching for him. =P
Yea I know. They changed this one a whole lot.
I really wasnt expecting that last shot either. @__@
Sheri Moon played as Deborah Myers. :|

O_O That was her.....wow....-speachless-

ReclusiveDemon
09-04-2007, 01:24 AM
O_O That was her.....wow....-speachless-
Sheri Moon Zombie is drop dead gorgeous (see what I did there? I'm so witty), but lackluster in acting. What'd you think of her?

Fire Pkmn Master
09-04-2007, 01:27 AM
Sheri Moon Zombie is drop dead gorgeous (see what I did there? I'm so witty), but lackluster in acting. What'd you think of her?

She is. She seemed familar like Ive seen her in other movies but couldnt remember.
I thought she was ok. She didnt seem like she cared about anyone but Micheal. And you could see that throughout the movie and before you know she went BAM!!! xD

!CeMAn
09-10-2007, 11:45 PM
Some of you need to do some Michael Myers homework, because, yes, he is in a way "super human". Long story, but it deals with Druids and the Mark of Thorn". Something they flushed out in all those lame Halloween sequels(specifically Curse).

I'm a fan of this series(although i think any of the films without Jamie Lee were fertilizer). Saw the new one on Saturday and i have to say it was better than i expected - for a remake of a classic and a Zombie flick. I must be alone in this opinion but i actually enjoy how he keeps putting the same actors in his movies. Practically the entire cast of House of 1000 Corpses was in this. I appreciated how Mr. Zombie kept several of the original [classic] scenes and lines the same. Sort of like he knew it couldn't be tampered with. It's obvious he's a fan of the series and wanted to do it justice.

Nothing can top the cult kick-assness of the original, but this was definitely one of the better remakes i've seen.

Fire Pkmn Master
09-11-2007, 12:36 AM
Well Im not really a fan of the movies but I do like them. The new one was very good.
R. Zombie did a very good job. I didnt really remember how the actual first Halloween was until after a while and he did change somethings which was good because if you wanted to see the movie and was exactly the same as the first one then all there really was were some new casts and better quality. @__@ Dont know if I said that right. xD

LS
09-11-2007, 12:46 AM
Ah... Yeah I'v seen it. Messed up movie IMO. :/ Good scenes sometimes though. ;D

Kenny
09-13-2007, 10:28 PM
I've seen the very first one. I might see the new one.