PDA

View Full Version : Efficient Double Battle Leads

Finchy
09-03-2007, 02:19 PM
I've been contemplating some good leads for Double Battles, and this is what I came up with:

Rhyperior@???
252 HP/252 Attack/4 Spd
Adamant - Lightning Rod
-Stone Edge
-Earthquake
-Hammer Arm
-???

Gyrados@???
252 Attack/252 Spd/4 HP
Adamant - Intimidate
-DD
-Aqua Tail
-Taunt
-???

The plan is that should said person try and take down Gyrados with Electric moves, Rhyperior's LightningRod ability should deter it. This gives Gyrados some security to build up DD and unleash it. Rhyperior is there as a general tank. Hammer Arm for Steel types, Earthquake for STAB'd type coverage/Electric types and Stone Edge for Ice types that could potentially threaten both.

Question is, what should the remaining moves be? Have I missed anything blatantly obvious? Also need some item help. Thanks.

RonRaygunX3
09-03-2007, 02:52 PM
Another good stratedgy for double battle is get one pokemon with surf, and another pokemon with WaterAbsorb ability. I use Vaporeon for Water absorb, and then while my hp is constantly being restored by surf, I make a mass amount of subsitutes and use Iron Deffense. Then I batton pass to Blissey and you have a near invincible Blissey!:surp:

Trainer of Shadows
09-03-2007, 02:55 PM
I think that is a really good strategy. Maybe a MuscleBand on Gyrados, and Leftovers on Rhy. Ice Fang as Gyrados's final move? But i dont know anything about Rhys so cant help you there, sorry.
Again, good idea.

Haelleah
09-03-2007, 03:16 PM
Maybe Substitute on Rhyperior? With its defenses, it might give you a few free moves. But I dunno, I'm not much of a double battler :oops:

Cool Kid 94
09-03-2007, 03:25 PM
Protect on Rhyperior, EQ on Gyarados. Also put Waterfall on Gyarados instead of Aqua Tail, since it's better with the high speed (DD) and the flinching IMO. I've faced this in Colloseum (without Taunt, and Rhyperior was Rhydon with Megahorn instead of Hammer Arm).

Cucumber
09-03-2007, 04:33 PM
What a cowinsidence i use that same stratgy but with a rain dance mantine! Yes but i love the strategy it works alot with me and my mantine just annopys people and doesnt die :crackup:

Ace123456789
09-03-2007, 05:32 PM
The Power Trick Room
Slowbro w/ Leftovers
Relaxed
212 HP, 252 Sp. Def, 44 Sp. Atk
Trick Room
Ice Beam
Calm Mind
Slack Off

AND

Shuckle w/ Leftovers
Relaxed
252 Def, 252 Sp. Def, 6 HP
Power Trick
Earthquake
Gyro Ball
Stone Edge/Rock Slide

Basically, on the first turn you use Trick Room with Slowbro and Power Trick with Shuckle. BOOM! all of a sudden Shuckle will being going first every turn with up to 614 Attack, and can you imagine how much damage Gyro Ball will do???

For Slowbro, you only have one attack because his main job is to ensure that he stays alive to use Trick Room.

QUESTION: IF YOU USE POWER TRICK AFTER YOU HAVE USED IT ONCE, WILL IT REVERT THE DEFENSES BACK TO NORMAL?? if so, then on the last turn of Trick room, use it again to make sure you survive to power trick room again!

Finchy
09-03-2007, 05:56 PM
Awesome :D

Thanks guys, I'll start catching the Pokémon and building the teams. Anymore suggestions are welcome :]