PDA

View Full Version : War Season 4 Planning

Pages : [1] 2 3

HKim
02-22-2005, 06:25 AM
Yes ladies and gentlemen, it's...

War Season 4!

However, unlike Season 3 where we had a team of scientists hiding in a lab striving to create the perfect war, we've decided this time to let everyone have a hand in creating the war! Yes, this is a discussion thread where everyone and anyone has a say in what will be involved for next season!

So, put on your thinking caps and get your keyboard ready for it's time to begin planning. Will we use a map or revert back to the point system? Perhaps, we'll do something completely new! Together we're going to plan this War Season so that it's fun for everyone!

Dratini
02-22-2005, 06:43 AM
lol @ Kim's writing style.

Another war!? New game please. x_x War's kinda getting old.

Well, if there has to be a War, since I know Kim would die without one, I think there should be some sort of prize involved. I have no idea what it could be, but I think people are tired of hearing "And Team Trainer won again!" and that being it. ._. Heck, I'm tired of that, and I'm on Trainer.

If there was a good reward for top participation and team, people might actually um, participate? And by good reward, I don't mean a Gold Medal made in Paint. :susp:

HKim
02-22-2005, 06:48 AM

Well, if there has to be a War, since I know Kim would die without one, I think there should be some sort of prize involved. I have no idea what it could be, but I think people are tired of hearing "And Team Trainer won again!" and that being it. ._. Heck, I'm tired of that, and I'm on Trainer.

If there was a good reward for top participation and team, people might actually um, participate? And by good reward, I don't mean a Gold Medal made in Paint. :susp:

Well, the URPG has always had great prizes so many we can use Pokemon or money. We'll have to ask Jack, though, since he's the URPG Head Leader.

Raddstealth316
02-22-2005, 09:59 AM
I really liked the map system though it seemed inactive as the battles never got done...so maybe a blend of Season 1 and 3? A point race but extra bonuses from map battling which happens once every so often?

Techno Treecko
02-22-2005, 12:57 PM
Kim, you need to face the facts. Youíre the only original war leader left, the war has been dead ever since season one ended, and nobody ever seems enthusiastic enough to keep it going (besides you). Granted, people like it, they just donít ever want to participate in it, they only like it because it keeps the forum ďgoingĒ (or at least tries to). Most/all the good/original teams are gone/not active anymore too. The war is dead, I think you need to let it rest rather than try to dig it up from the grave. This is getting way too repetitive, like a bad reality TV show *coughsurvivor*. Just let it go, come up with a new game.

boltAge
02-22-2005, 01:21 PM
The map thing rocked.

Also, no war's fun without the original leaders. At least the ones we had when I first joined. Boooo.

bronislav84
02-22-2005, 04:12 PM
Naturally the "old" RP will go on for a bit more, at least until we wrap things up. I hope, anyway.

Now about the new Season 4. I have already suggested this to Joe/Neo (or should I start using VL?) and I'm gonna suggest this to everyone now. My idea is to have two Judges per category. This is not what you might think at first, so let me explain.

Judge one: Doesn't get points for participating. Gives the points.

Judge two: Keeps the peace,

I'll come back with more, but right now I'm pressed for time and will leave you guys with just this.

Neo Emolga
02-22-2005, 04:21 PM

Interesting, I didn't think anyone would mention that. Actually, the title sounds pretty neutral, which keeps it at a state where no one would hate it. Start putting adjectives in there and there are going to be people who will hate it. But, we could have discussion about that too, but I wouldn't recommend changing the name too drastically.

Well, sorry Nox isn't enough of a challenge for you... :susp:

Thing is, you can't hand out actual real money and it would be incredibly expensive to hand out real physical rewards through mail. So those two are definitely out. And yes, I really wouldn't want a gold medal made in Paint either. Kim's suggestion of something URPG related might be a good idea, but then again, not everyone is in the URPG. However, it might be our only option in this.

Most video games don't pop up out a physical reward when you complete them, but yes, you do get some kind of finale at the end. Still, there should be some kind of celebration for the winning team. At first I thought there would be something planned for War Season 2, but then again I realized nothing came out of it.

Heck, maybe you can get everyone to wear Team Trainer banners for a day... :tongue:

Kim, you need to face the facts. Youíre the only original war leader left, the war has been dead ever since season one ended, and nobody ever seems enthusiastic enough to keep it going (besides you). Granted, people like it, they just donít ever want to participate in it, they only like it because it keeps the forum ďgoingĒ (or at least tries to). Most/all the good/original teams are gone/not active anymore too. The war is dead, I think you need to let it rest rather than try to dig it up from the grave. This is getting way too repetitive, like a bad reality TV show *coughsurvivor*. Just let it go, come up with a new game.

I.E., the very reason why Harry created this thread in the first place. If we let everyone contribute their ideas and thoughts, maybe we can combine them and form an enjoyable event that everyone would like to take part it. Also, if the war dies, the presence of the teams is virtually meaningless. Otherwise they're just clubhouses that don't do anything together but chat. I think everyone would like their team to be something more than that.

In my opinion, War Season 2 ran way too long. I noticed the same thing in the "phony" War thing that I created (that TT so utterly despises, but he's entitled to his opinion). People are excitied about it at first, but then as time goes on, judges get tired of doing thier section and people get tried of the same thing going around. Topics for the week change, but the judge is usually drained trying to think of new and creative topics.

Perhaps have some kind of judge rotation every five weeks? That way, judges aren't stuck with art/humor/whatever for nearly 14 weeks long. The war is better if it doesn't work 100% like an assembly line when it comes to the judges. If someone takes over for them and they take over for someone else, then there will be more variety for both the judges and the participants.

Khashoggi
02-22-2005, 05:06 PM
Wait until people are outta school if you want enthusiasm. x_x

Seriously though, it's stupid to even think about another war this soon, surely it can wait a couple of months.

Daniella Defines Divinity
02-22-2005, 05:30 PM

Well one of the orignial leaders is back (well half way through season 1 one) :oops:

And it's not dead until EVERYONE stops posting about it :P

Anywho I say bring back bonus points, although some people didn't participate in it, meanies :(. Point Gambling, and what ever happenned to that card game that was started but never finished? XD

As for prize coloured name text, Pink for all :P (or other colours I guess) Own secret board that other members can't see. That would be groovy ^_^

Neo Emolga
02-22-2005, 05:31 PM
Wait until people are outta school if you want enthusiasm. x_x

Well, that's pretty much definite. School basically kills a lot of free time, and that's not going to change any time soon.

Seriously though, it's stupid to even think about another war this soon, surely it can wait a couple of months.

Well, if it waits, we're going to be facing trying to make a decent War season in the last minute, trying to put all the ideas we've been given into a feasible and working idea. If we have the foundation set up and approved by most people early, I'm sure it will work a whole lot better than a whole bunch of people arguing and wondering when the war is going to arrive when it's extremely hard to respect everyone's opinion and ideas. Also, trying to get them to work as well as making sure the war arrives on time with all this going on is going to be nearly impossible.

Even if it's just a start or a small sliver of ideas, we can have a better idea what people would like to see and get out of War Season 4. Trust me, the sooner the better.

Phoenix004
02-22-2005, 07:16 PM
I think that if we want this next War to work we're going to have to start planning now. Personally, I liked the map system in War season 3 but a lot of people didn't so I'll wait to hear some other people's ideas. I like Neo's idea of a judge rotation system and Harry's idea of using URPG Pokemon as prizes.

Lord Celebi
02-22-2005, 09:09 PM
Okay, I'd like to put my foot down on this one; No Defeating Teams. Banning an entire team because they were fefeated goes against the main purpose of the war: Fun. The reason people aren't active is because they're too worried about winning, it isn't fun anymore. We need to get bakc to the principal of fun, Like War 1 was. I may sound like the War Confucious, but that's what I think the next war should be based off of.

bronislav84
02-22-2005, 09:28 PM
rust, you practically Banned yourself. Is it our fault that you can't RP well enough to not get thrown out?

Please, don't ask for a rule change just because it would benefit you.

Lord Celebi
02-22-2005, 10:20 PM
rust, you practically Banned yourself. Is it our fault that you can't RP well enough to not get thrown out?

Please, don't ask for a rule change just because it would benefit you.Yet again, you barely understood what I said... And I have been improving. I have been practicing for the day I can come back... and I can prove it... You'll See. You'll All see!

I said no banning teams from the war... Not the RP. Like AF was knocked out in War 3.

Jack of Clovers
02-22-2005, 10:34 PM
here's my first suggestion- fix the team issues. have everyone start new team threads with a blank slate, making people rejoin their team if they want. also, have team member limits so other teams may gain members. even the teams a bit and it will be more fun/challenging.

as for URPG prizes, i've stated the war and the URPG are separate. sorry.

~Jack~

TMTS
02-22-2005, 10:54 PM
TMTS's Idea List of fun! :happy:

ē- NO REMOVING TEAMS BY DEFEAT!
ē- Keep the paint art section. If no one wants it, TOUGH! I'll be the judge.
ē- How about a plot... not just a spontanious war breaking out! (Not just the RP)
ē- I like the team- reasignment thing, to reshuffle and eliminate the 9-post-never-came-backers
ē- The Map idea... is ok... but... eh... it's better than just points... but still...
ē- WE NEED THE JUDGES/MEMBERS TO BE MORE ACTIVE! Preferably, the war should be durring the summer, if none protest... :oops:
ē- Heh heh... I like those little bullet points...
ē- Create-a-smily contest! XD or not...
ē- How about spriting be a devision? Now that (hopefully) more people can sprite thanks to my tutorial... Unless we had this already and it got shoved under the rug...
ē- Out of ideas.... I'll post more as they come... :tongue:

Killearn
02-22-2005, 11:41 PM
Here is what I have been cooking up in my head all evening:

-Perhapse compile a list of those who actually do participate in long term roleplays and such [just a list of those who are believed to be dedicated to the cause].
-For every (#) points a 'team' is given a chance to god-mod or are granted the ability to modify the next step of the plot of the Role Playing section... or something [a small award for a certain amount of points for each team].

That's all folks.

Lord Celebi
02-22-2005, 11:42 PM
TMTS's Idea List of fun! :happy:

•- NO REMOVING TEAMS BY DEFEAT!
•- Keep the paint art section. If no one wants it, TOUGH! I'll be the judge.
•- How about a plot... not just a spontanious war breaking out! (Not just the RP)
•- I like the team- reasignment thing, to reshuffle and eliminate the 9-post-never-came-backers
•- The Map idea... is ok... but... eh... it's better than just points... but still...
•- WE NEED THE JUDGES/MEMBERS TO BE MORE ACTIVE! Preferably, the war should be durring the summer, if none protest... :oops:
•- Heh heh... I like those little bullet points...
•- Create-a-smily contest! XD or not...
•- How about spriting be a devision? Now that (hopefully) more people can sprite thanks to my tutorial... Unless we had this already and it got shoved under the rug...
•- Out of ideas.... I'll post more as they come... :tongue:
I like your ideas. Espically 1.

Also, bonus points at the end of the War. Like say, 5 points or so. Maybe like a Trivia Contest where one person per team is picked to go and try to get the most answers correct.

Neo Emolga
02-23-2005, 12:05 AM
ē- NO REMOVING TEAMS BY DEFEAT!
ē- Keep the paint art section. If no one wants it, TOUGH! I'll be the judge.
ē- How about a plot... not just a spontanious war breaking out! (Not just the RP)
ē- I like the team- reasignment thing, to reshuffle and eliminate the 9-post-never-came-backers
ē- The Map idea... is ok... but... eh... it's better than just points... but still...
ē- WE NEED THE JUDGES/MEMBERS TO BE MORE ACTIVE! Preferably, the war should be durring the summer, if none protest...
ē- Heh heh... I like those little bullet points...
ē- Create-a-smily contest! XD or not...
ē- How about spriting be a devision? Now that (hopefully) more people can sprite thanks to my tutorial... Unless we had this already and it got shoved under the rug...
ē- Out of ideas.... I'll post more as they come...

#1 - This can be definitely done. Kicking teams from the war is pretty heartless, since anyone and everyone should be able to take part as long as they're part of a valid team.

#2 - Heh, you liked that Paint section I guess. I really don't see anything wrong with keeping it. People did come up with some really cool MS Paint pictures.

#3 - An actual plot would be a good idea, since you could build fan fictions and flow it into the War RP. Honestly, I would strongly recommend people writing fan fictions about the war itself. It makes it have a lot more substance and realism. All that needs to be done is come up with a plot based on the missions of each team, and find a way for them to conflict with each other to the point where war and conflict would be the only solution.

#4 - I'm guessing you mean starting every team's thread new from scratch. That would actually be a good idea, since team rosters could offically be updated fresh and would take off all the people who posted only to join the team and then left the entire forum just days later. Plus, who knows, doing that would also motivate others to get brand new teams going, which is something we could use some more of in this upcoming war.

#5 - Considering map and points, it might be a better idea to have both, and let map sections be worth many points, which would then be added together at the end of the war. That's just a thought though. The map thing did take a lot of effort and work to run well. Plus, a lot of team leaders really hated the demanding attack and defend system. If you guys would want the map back in, it's going to take quite a lot of time and effort to make sure it's done right this time.

#6 - YES WE DO! That's why I think judge rotation would help a lot. If judges can switch sections from time to time, then we won't have problems with boredom, which easily leads to less creativity and of course, less activity after that. Five weeks sounds fair enough for a judge rotation. If the war lasts fifteen weeks, that means each judge would have taken part in three different sections. Sounds a heck of a lot better I think.

#7 - Heh, they are pretty cool, aren't they?

#8 - Eh, there's probably a billion smilies out there already, covering just about every imaginable expression and activity. Intresting idea, but people would run out of ideas quite quicking. Still, I definitely thank for you trying to come up with new ideas.

#9 - Making sprites is something some people can do extremely, and others have an extremely tough time with. This one might need a little bit more discussion, since it would make a good section but there might not be too many active participants.

#10 - Take your time, you've definitely come up with quite a lot already.

Lord Celebi
02-23-2005, 12:41 AM
Ok, if we're gonna have Team Numebr restrictions, I did soem math to see how many Participants are in the war, and divide them up evenly. First, I added up all the teams, and got roughly 125 participants. Next, I added the Floras who didn't join other teams. The # is now 138. 138/6 War Teams equals 23 per team. Now, Round Up to the Nearest ten. The Number is 30. If each team has 30, we can evenly divide the number of people among teams so its fair. Anyone agree?

Neo Emolga
02-23-2005, 12:55 AM
Ok, if we're gonna have Team Numebr restrictions, I did soem math to see how many Participants are in the war, and divide them up evenly. First, I added up all the teams, and got roughly 125 participants. Next, I added the Floras who didn't join other teams. The # is now 138. 138/6 War Teams equals 23 per team. Now, Round Up to the Nearest ten. The Number is 30. If each team has 30, we can evenly divide the number of people among teams so its fair. Anyone agree?

Well, then you're forcing people to be on teams they might not want to be a part of. The greatest thing about the war is being able to participate under the team that you think is the best. I'm sure there are people who wouldn't want to switched into other team when they've been a part of one team for a long, long time.

But yes, it is hard for other teams to get into the war when most of the member share belongs to only to a few teams. Maybe there is a way we can fix that.

TMTS
02-23-2005, 12:59 AM

......no, actually.

Yeah, another thought would be a heavier distribution of points... I want to see them get into tripple digits... Like even in non-war designated sections- Really helpful posts to respond to something, very deep thoughts *turns attention away from PF for a moment* and how about a post-of-the-week? Like... 5 points or so- just for a very inspiring/hilarious/interesting post! :oops:

:susp: Oooo...kay now I'm just DIGING for ideas... :sleepy:

50 points to Griffend- ...er.... Aqua Frost...

Lord Celebi
02-23-2005, 01:33 AM
......no, actually.

Yeah, another thought would be a heavier distribution of points... I want to see them get into tripple digits... Like even in non-war designated sections- Really helpful posts to respond to something, very deep thoughts *turns attention away from PF for a moment* and how about a post-of-the-week? Like... 5 points or so- just for a very inspiring/hilarious/interesting post! :oops:

:susp: Oooo...kay now I'm just DIGING for ideas... :sleepy:

50 points to Griffend- ...er.... Aqua Frost...
Does that mean you're coming back?

I also like that idea. We need a lot of ways to get points instead of a few topics.

Well, then you're forcing people to be on teams they might not want to be a part of. The greatest thing about the war is being able to participate under the team that you think is the best. I'm sure there are people who wouldn't want to switched into other team when they've been a part of one team for a long, long time.

But yes, it is hard for other teams to get into the war when most of the member share belongs to only to a few teams. Maybe there is a way we can fix that.
I guess you're right... Now how should we going about evenly distrubuting members? I am clueless.

boltAge
02-23-2005, 09:48 AM
rust, yeah sure, keep AF in the war, but like you'll all ever win. I speak of facts. I request teams defeated to die immediately and not waste everybody's time calculating points and stuff. AF doesn't stand the slightest chance, friend.

Techno Treecko
02-23-2005, 11:14 AM
I.E., the very reason why Harry created this thread in the first place. If we let everyone contribute their ideas and thoughts, maybe we can combine them and form an enjoyable event that everyone would like to take part it. Also, if the war dies, the presence of the teams is virtually meaningless. Otherwise they're just clubhouses that don't do anything together but chat. I think everyone would like their team to be something more than that.

In my opinion, War Season 2 ran way too long. I noticed the same thing in the "phony" War thing that I created (that TT so utterly despises, but he's entitled to his opinion). People are excitied about it at first, but then as time goes on, judges get tired of doing thier section and people get tried of the same thing going around. Topics for the week change, but the judge is usually drained trying to think of new and creative topics.

Perhaps have some kind of judge rotation every five weeks? That way, judges aren't stuck with art/humor/whatever for nearly 14 weeks long. The war is better if it doesn't work 100% like an assembly line when it comes to the judges. If someone takes over for them and they take over for someone else, then there will be more variety for both the judges and the participants.

Heh, the original idea of teams was just for clubs, the war didn't come up until a very old member thought of it (he doesn't go here anymore and I forgot his name...I'll edit it in if I can remember), but then ElimN8 and Kim (along with SK, later) flew with the idea and came up with the war for the teams to participate in.

But eh, if you guys really can't give up on the idea and want to stretch it further, here's some suggestions :ermm::

As for prizes, something that might be good, but might cost someone a little cash, would be AIM Superbuddy Icons. They only cost $2.00 each, but someone would have to pay for them. The idea could work, but I don't think anyone here wants to pay for someone they barely know online to get a cool SuperBuddy on AIM (plus not everyone here has AIM). But w/e, just an idea to throw out there.

As for judges, you need to switch them off, as stated by some others, so that people don't get bored of their job.

Also, you need set dates for when the war is to begin and end, not just "as long as you want it to go for." And yes, it needs to reside solely in the summer, when people are active and have time.

If I get bored enough in/before the summer, I might revive Flora and get a bunch of n00bs to join just for the hell of it. :tongue3:

02-23-2005, 02:16 PM
I say we aim for June/ July time Summer, no school etc and a long enough break so that when the war does come it won't be "oh great, not another war"

boltAge
02-23-2005, 02:30 PM
Random: I request for new war leaders. The current ones are obviously inefficient or inactive. Some people will never know how fun the first few wars were :cool: We actually had COMPETITION then. And teamwork too, yeah, though I hopped teams often and became a moron to my previous teams, but I'm still yeah, cool 8]

bronislav84
02-23-2005, 04:53 PM
I like the idea of of redoing the Member Lists. This idea will separate the rotting teams from the ones that have enough members to stay around.
Ex: (Pardon me for using you as an example rust, but I tend to think it's true) AF has only two active members and not 10, so they shouldn't have been allowed in.

I DON'T like the idea of rotating judges for all sections. If my preveous idea (THAT WASN'T ADRESSED BY ANYBODY) was used, I'd sure like to be the Judge #2. I think it's not fair to rotate if the Judge is not bored.

Killearn's idea and the Team Number Limit idea aren't even worth adressing, IMHO.

Neo Emolga
02-23-2005, 08:22 PM
I say we aim for June/ July time Summer, no school etc and a long enough break so that when the war does come it won't be "oh great, not another war"

Yeah, that's pretty much the best time to hold it. Late June or early July would likely be the target area.

Random: I request for new war leaders. The current ones are obviously inefficient or inactive. Some people will never know how fun the first few wars were We actually had COMPETITION then. And teamwork too, yeah, though I hopped teams often and became a moron to my previous teams, but I'm still yeah, cool 8]

Right now, the current war leaders are HKim, Fair, and myself. I'm been trying to be active as hell, and HKim has already been an extreme help getting the War to be as good as it can be. I'm sure Fair is probably busy with school, so that really can't be turned against him. If we suddenly crowned you king and let you throw the three of us out, who exactly should replace us, hmm?

Yes, maybe we could elect one or two new war leaders. After all, Dani and ElimN8 have returned, but it's really up to them whether they would like to reclaim their former position. Personally, I would definitley like to work with the two of them, but that's their choice, not mine.

I like the idea of of redoing the Member Lists. This idea will separate the rotting teams from the ones that have enough members to stay around.

Yeah, I agree as well. It's about time for each team to start their thread off new and have an offical roll call of their members, so they can be fully aware of who is still on their team and who isn't.

I honestly think an official date should be assigned for this to take place, but I'd have to discuss it with Kim.

I DON'T like the idea of rotating judges for all sections. If my preveous idea (THAT WASN'T ADRESSED BY ANYBODY) was used, I'd sure like to be the Judge #2. I think it's not fair to rotate if the Judge is not bored.

The previous idea that you mentioned did work out pretty well actually, but to make that completely offical in Season 4 has yet to be fully decided. I am reading everything, it's just a mouthful to respond to every post personally.

Bron, the judge rotation is the only idea I can think of to make sure judges aren't bored. I already know other judges are definitely going to get bored doing the same section for 15 weeks in a row. It has happened in the past, and I'd bet good money that it would happen again if its handled in the same exact way as last time. Even if the judge isn't bored, there will be others that definitely will be. Face it, even after 10 weeks, I would think even you would be bored of a position that you really wanted and were eventually assigned to at the beginning of the war.

If they're switched to another section after five weeks, hopefully that will renew their interest in the war as they take on a whole new section with a whole new outlook. Also, that enables them to use their imagination and creativity in a whole new way. But if we keep it the same as before, judging is going to get very mundane after around the seventh week. I'd like to believe otherwise, but it's the truth.

Lord Celebi
02-23-2005, 08:46 PM
Ex: (Pardon me for using you as an example rust, but I tend to think it's true) AF has only two active members and not 10, so they shouldn't have been allowed in.

Killearn's idea and the Team Number Limit idea aren't even worth adressing, IMHO.
Its about Quality, not Quantity. Alexander the Great was able to conquer the known world because he knew where to put his soldiers and how to defeat the enemy. The Persian Empire had 3 times as many troops as Alex did, and they still won. And you know how many battles Alexander the Great lost? None. Similar to how Trainer always pulls off a win, and how Nox cannot.
Yes, maybe we could elect one or two new war leaders. After all, Dani and ElimN8 have returned, but it's really up to them whether they would like to reclaim their former position. Personally, I would definitley like to work with the two of them, but that's their choice, not mine.
NOOO! Let someone new have a chance at being War Leader! We need a constant flow of new ideas to make the War interesting.

Caite-chan
02-24-2005, 12:41 AM
I like the idea of have a new start on all the teams you just can't force people to join a team they don't want to. We shouldn't have to many WAR leaders but, yeah new people would be nice...not just the same people oer and over again.

MystiKal
02-24-2005, 03:32 AM
My suggestions have the war in the summer this should be when all the wars take place. Since it keeps the war more active. Start the team threads over and maybe add some more things to participate in. Also I'm for the judge switching since we all know no one can be on 24/7 most people go on vaction through June/July.

bronislav84
02-24-2005, 03:45 AM
Its about Quality, not Quantity. Alexander the Great was able to conquer the known world because he knew where to put his soldiers and how to defeat the enemy. The Persian Empire had 3 times as many troops as Alex did, and they still won. And you know how many battles Alexander the Great lost? None. Similar to how Trainer always pulls off a win, and how Nox cannot.
Listen, it doesn't matter how much Quality your "Team" has. If it has 2 real members, it's not a Team. The current rules state that a Team needs 10 members, so because 2 =/= 10, you're not a Team. I have a strong hunch that if the Member Lists were reset, your Team would have to wait a while to re-enter the War.

rust, just so you know, I'm not trying ot put you down. Unfortunately for you, your Team is a very good example as support for why the Lists should be reset.

And about the "somehow winning" thing. I assure you it just comes out that way. How can you even think that the War is fixed?

As weird as it sounds, I agree with VT (of all people) about the suggestion that the next Season should be in the summer. Of course, that suggestion has been stated plenty of times, lol.

boltAge
02-24-2005, 06:13 AM
Right now, the current war leaders are HKim, Fair, and myself. I'm been trying to be active as hell, and HKim has already been an extreme help getting the War to be as good as it can be. I'm sure Fair is probably busy with school, so that really can't be turned against him. If we suddenly crowned you king and let you throw the three of us out, who exactly should replace us, hmm?

There's a reason why people don't participate as much in the war now. No, it's not because of school, don't tell me there wasn't school in the past.

ElimN8 can definitely be a better leader than any of the 3 of you... zz. I want new leaders ELECTED by us forumers, brand NEW leaders, and not just pulling in random people into the panel of war leaders. I want 3 brand new people, 3 people who can lead and get support, not 3 people added to the panel. Those 3 people should have full power over the war. Hmmm.

Kenny_C.002
02-24-2005, 06:58 AM
There's a reason why people don't participate as much in the war now. No, it's not because of school, don't tell me there wasn't school in the past.

ElimN8 can definitely be a better leader than any of the 3 of you... zz. I want new leaders ELECTED by us forumers, brand NEW leaders, and not just pulling in random people into the panel of war leaders. I want 3 brand new people, 3 people who can lead and get support, not 3 people added to the panel. Those 3 people should have full power over the war. Hmmm.

That's not too bad an idea. I mean Kim you've been working a little too much mate. You should have some time off even if you don't want it (unless you're reelected). This would be a great oppurtunity to see new faces come up to the podium for sure, and see new ideas come out. We know that new leaders might not work out fine, but we're still here to guide them if needed be.

Techno Treecko
02-24-2005, 11:21 AM
I agree completely with the re-electing idea. Oh and btw, every original war leader is back (N8, SK, and Kim were the three originals). SK isnít back here, per say, but heís on our forum, and with a little convincing he could come back. I would either want all three original war leaders back, or an election to choose who the new ones should be, if I were to participate in this war.

Oh and I also love the idea of clearing all member lists and having every team start anew. This might convince me to start up Flora again, because they might actually have a chance. :tongue3:

boltAge
02-24-2005, 11:23 AM
I agree completely with the re-electing idea. Oh and btw, every original war leader is back (N8, SK, and Kim were the three originals). SK isnít back here, per say, but heís on our forum, and with a little convincing he could come back. I would either want all three original war leaders back, or an election to choose who the new ones should be, if I were to participate in this war.

Oh and I also love the idea of clearing all member lists and having every team start anew. This might convince me to start up Flora again, because they might actually have a chance. :tongue3:
Well, what's the point of clearing member lists when they can just join the team again?

Techno Treecko
02-24-2005, 11:44 AM
Well, what's the point of clearing member lists when they can just join the team again?

To get rid of dead lifeless bodies for one. And to let them decide if they want to try out a new team with no pressure for two.

Finch
02-24-2005, 03:27 PM
It's a good point about starting new teams, Treecko.. But then, who would? Does anyone want to?

Neo Emolga
02-24-2005, 03:36 PM

Wow, sorry that all we've done for the war isn't fit enough for the king, your highness. You don't know how much time was invested into making this the best that it could be, and how many nights I stayed up late to make it all possible. But, what the hell do you care, you're just a 13 year old who thinks he can step all over people and not give a crap who is under him.

I ask again, if it was completely up to you, who would you elect besides ElimN8?

02-24-2005, 03:53 PM
Wow, sorry that all we've done for the war isn't fit enough for the king, your highness. You don't know how much time was invested into making this the best that it could be, and how many nights I stayed up late to make it all possible. But, what the hell do you care, you're just a 13 year old who thinks he can step all over people and not give a crap who is under him.

I ask again, if it was completely up to you, who would you elect besides ElimN8?

Lol don't take what he says personally, since I've been back I haven't seen a single post that hasn't been a complaint XP

Someone probably just stuck a pineapple up his butt :tongue:

The question I'd like to pose is who here realisticly thinks they have the patience and the power to keep going if they were a war leader? I'd say only a select few do and they're the ones already doing it *nods*

JohtoTrainer
02-24-2005, 04:21 PM
Raik just wants to argue, like most 12 year-olds. :rolleyes:

Raik, there is nobody more fit as War Leaders then Fair, Neo, Kim, and N8. There's no reason to replace them any way. THey are doing a fine job. The only reason the war failed is because people are too busy to participate, it's not their fault.

Neo Emolga
02-24-2005, 04:30 PM
Lol don't take what he says personally, since I've been back I haven't seen a single post that hasn't been a complaint XP

Actually, Raik has been pretty much like that the entire time he's been here. Hearing his whining again really isn't much of a surprise.

Someone probably just stuck a pineapple up his butt :tongue:

That, and a red-hot cactus up his nose.

The question I'd like to pose is who here realisticly thinks they have the patience and the power to keep going if they were a war leader? I'd say only a select few do and they're the ones already doing it *nods*

It's definitely not easy, that's for sure. :tongue:

Most people don't realize it takes a lot of time to do this kind of thing. Plus it takes a lot of "what if?" thinking in order to work out any complications that may arise. Just because one person is voted in doesn't mean they're going to know how to handle cases like that.

Kenny_C.002
02-24-2005, 04:46 PM
Sheesh chill, don't need to get all worked up for such minor consequences. We are adults, remember?

Anywho, election would be a good idea IMO still, considering that although the war leaders are the best at what they do, we need to have at least some fresh meat into the position. A way to getting more creative juices flowing. Season 3 was an effort, but I'm quite certain that some of you guys are getting tired. I can't possibly see a downside to it other than having more people baring the title and the workload.

02-24-2005, 04:51 PM
Sheesh chill, don't need to get all worked up for such minor consequences. We are adults, remember?

We are? o_0 But I dun wanna be a grown up :(

Kenny_C.002
02-24-2005, 04:52 PM
College girls...what are we ever going to do without them. XD

Channel Delibird
02-24-2005, 06:15 PM
About the War Leaders...Kim, Neo, E8 and Fair are doing their jobs really well - and besides, isn't the point of this thread so that ordinary members can pitch in their ideas for the war like war leaders themselves? So why complain? If you think a certain member has good ideas for War 4, then get them to post here, ferchrissakes! -_-

Anyway, these are the points I'm for:
Re-electing judges
Judge swapping
An actual plot for the whole War
No team eliminations
Point gambling

And here's my idea for the format of War 4:

The Electoral War
Not quite as political as it sounds...

Assume we don't get any new categories for War 4, although this will work if that happens, it's just a lot easier for explaining it this way...

For each category, we have a 'city' (by the very original names of Fan Art City, RP Town, etc...).

There is a week's advance warning from the section judge as to the themes for the following categories: Humour, Creative Writing, Fan Fiction, Fan Art. During that week before the themes actually come into place, the members must devise their answers or pieces for that theme.

Still in that week, the members who want to submit things must run them through their team, and the team must choose together which one they want to submit - because each week, each team can only submit one piece of work between them.

In the next week, the judges will have been PMed the pieces for each team by the author/artist/whatever of the piece. They will post each team's piece, and people must vote induvidually for their favourite, but they obviously can't vote for their own team's work. At the same time, the judges will send out the theme for the following week, and things proceed like that.

For the URPG, Debate, Scavenger Hunt and Trivia, each team must select a representative for their team for that week (but you cannot represent your team in the same category two weeks in a row, to encourage diversity in the war), and otherwise proceed as normal, except Debate (see below) - in terms of Scavenger Hunt and Trivia, these representatives must be chosen before the questions are announced just to be safe.

In Debate, over the course of the week, people must vote for the person they think did the best (but it can't be their own team's representative, duh).

The RP proceeds as normal, but with voting for the best RPer who isn't on their team. As many people can participate in this as they want to, because it's that kind of category that needs a lot of people.

Votes are PMed to the section judge to make the winner a mystery and so as not to clutter up the section threads.

The votes are tallied up, and the team with the most votes in a section wins control of that section's city. The next week, the team gets a 1-vote bonus in that section to try and keep control of it.

The aim is to be the first team to control all 8 cities in the same week.

Tweak as you will, that's my idea.

Kenny_C.002
02-24-2005, 06:23 PM
About the War Leaders...Kim, Neo, E8 and Fair are doing their jobs really well - and besides, isn't the point of this thread so that ordinary members can pitch in their ideas for the war like war leaders themselves? So why complain? If you think a certain member has good ideas for War 4, then get them to post here, ferchrissakes! -_-

It's more of the "having someone deserving see the creative process in order to create a better environment in which the war leaders are not required to work over-overtime" thing there. IMO we're talking in different perspectives to begin with.

Lord Celebi
02-24-2005, 08:55 PM
1. Listen, it doesn't matter how much Quality your "Team" has. If it has 2 real members, it's not a Team. The current rules state that a Team needs 10 members, so because 2 =/= 10, you're not a Team. I have a strong hunch that if the Member Lists were reset, your Team would have to wait a while to re-enter the War.

rust, just so you know, I'm not trying ot put you down. Unfortunately for you, your Team is a very good example as support for why the Lists should be reset.

2. And about the "somehow winning" thing. I assure you it just comes out that way. How can you even think that the War is fixed?

As weird as it sounds, I agree with VT (of all people) about the suggestion that the next Season should be in the summer. Of course, that suggestion has been stated plenty of times, lol.
1. We do have 16 people, but only I am active. And you can see how far we got with me.
2. Broni, Broni, Broni, Now is this 5, or 6? How do you Coincidently misunderstand me and not anyone else? I said that Trainer is similair to Alexander the Great's Army, because they always win because their members know what to do. I can't say the war is fixed, but I can say it is a conflict of interest.

And Broni, next time, read my posts twice before responding.
I realistically think I can. I waste most of my life away on the Interent, most specifically the War, so I think I would have the paitence. The Power... What context do you mean this in?

JohtoTrainer
02-24-2005, 09:13 PM
1. We do have 16 people, but only I am active. And you can see how far we got with me.2. Broni, Broni, Broni, Now is this 5, or 6? How do you Coincidently misunderstand me and not anyone else? I said that Trainer is similair to Alexander the Great's Army, because they always win because their members know what to do. I can't say the war is fixed, but I can say it is a conflict of interest.

I realistically think I can. I waste most of my life away on the Interent, most specifically the War, so I think I would have the paitence. The Power... What context do you mean this in?

It wasn't exactly the most active war in the world. If it would've been War 1 or 2. You wouldn't have done so well.

MystiKal
02-24-2005, 10:01 PM
I agree on voting for new war leaders this way everyone could have a say in the new war plus Fair isnt even avtive any more.

JohtoTrainer
02-24-2005, 10:09 PM
Fair is only on Pe2k during the summer. Which, hopefully is when the war will take place.

Marill
02-24-2005, 10:16 PM
Well, I don't have much say in the War-Planning process, as I haven't actually completed one from beginning to end... Largely due to absence and such. However, I'm just ready for a new-start...For us that are relatively "new" to the process. I hate having to read the summaries and trying to post accurately and accordingly. You always have someone down your back for not doing it perfectly...When you don't know how to, since you were not present previously.

Crossfire Chaos
02-24-2005, 11:11 PM
The Winning team should be able to create the next war and stuff.

Also I think that there should be a few new teams entering the war, there hasn't been a new team for a lond while and I think that it might be fun to have some new team and not just Trainer, TMA, Nox, Agua-Frost, ect. for every war. (Yes, the reason I say it is because I want to start a team.)

JohtoTrainer
02-24-2005, 11:17 PM
Anybody can create a new team, and enter it in the war. You just have to have 5 members to join the war.

boltAge
02-25-2005, 05:21 AM

Don't go all sarcastic on me, Mr GMod. Big deal how much effort was put into it, it's the RESULT that counts. You can work years for an exam and still fail it, and the teacher won't give a damn how much effort you put in. Also, don't start pulling my age into this debate, try being a little more mature for a start.

Daniella, Treecko(Yeah sure, not that he'd want to, but he can), and maybe HKim. 3 is more than enough, excluding Treecko. Of course, they might not want to be leaders, but I'm saying they're eligible candidates.

Raik just wants to argue, like most 12 year-olds. :rolleyes:

Raik, there is nobody more fit as War Leaders then Fair, Neo, Kim, and N8. There's no reason to replace them any way. THey are doing a fine job. The only reason the war failed is because people are too busy to participate, it's not their fault.

Good job insulting PF, Marco, DP and a few other people who're 12 or 13.

Also, don't go all praising them in front of me, this is bloody subjective.

People are too busy to participate... So, all of a sudden, EVERYBODY gets busy? You're kidding me, friend, try coming up with better points.

Neo Emolga
02-25-2005, 05:32 AM
Lots of stuff

I like the idea, it could definitely work, but it would need a lot of regulation and dedication. Voting ballots would have to be strictly set up on time without question, otherwise things would get messed up.

As for assigning team representatives, it sounds good, but then you're putting all your eggs in one basket. That representative might never show up for that entire week due to whatever, and it's only going to be a frustration to the team.

Plus, the voting thing is going to be a mess. Teams are not going to bother to vote so they won't have to vote for another team. It was a good idea, but it could turn out bad in a few ways. That's usually why we assign a trusted judge to each section, you may have a bit of bias but it's better to have that than to never get results in on time.

The idea of capturing sections sounded intresting, until I realized Trainer would easily hold on to Art forever. *think Rachel.* Either Trainer would win or the war would never end.

1. We do have 16 people, but only I am active. And you can see how far we got with me.

I can't really say all 16 of those people ever came back to join the new forum, much over a year ago. A non-existing member really isn't a member. Again, that's why we need a team refresh period, to really see how each team's roster really looks. As for getting far, yes you did, but then again, competition really wasn't to be found in most sections in that last mini-season.

2. Broni, Broni, Broni, Now is this 5, or 6? How do you Coincidently misunderstand me and not anyone else? I said that Trainer is similair to Alexander the Great's Army, because they always win because their members know what to do. I can't say the war is fixed, but I can say it is a conflict of interest.

(I think he perfers to be called Bron).

Yes, Trainer does seem to rule an empire at the moment, but that's not their fault. They play as hard as they want, they don't need to resist their effort so other teams can pass them. Want to defeat Trainer in season 4? Get your team to work their tails off on submitting extremely good quality entries. Yes, most of us want to see an underdog team win, but they need to earn it. Victory is never given.

Being a war leader really has no relation to have much time you spend on the Internet. It's more about creative thinking, problem solving, answering questions, managing, developing, implimenting ideas and making sure they can and will work, and making sure every possible situation is covered and examined to make sure no one can unfairly exploit the system and foundations of the war.

Can you can sincerely say you have all those capabilities? It's a much bigger task than you're describing it as.

I agree on voting for new war leaders this way everyone could have a say in the new war plus Fair isnt even avtive any more.

So far, quite a few people have said that. But, an honest question to ask would be, if we really did hold a voting, how different would the new elected leaders be from those that were previously leaders? Consider it for a moment, everyone who has said this, but if you really think the outcome would be better and more beneficial, then that next step should be taken.

Well, I don't have much say in the War-Planning process, as I haven't actually completed one from beginning to end... Largely due to absence and such. However, I'm just ready for a new-start...For us that are relatively "new" to the process. I hate having to read the summaries and trying to post accurately and accordingly. You always have someone down your back for not doing it perfectly...When you don't know how to, since you were not present previously.

I assume you're talking about the RP? Actually, most of the events that happen in the war RP really don't have all that much to do with past events. Yes, the orbs and Omni are still present, but other than that, not too much really changes. It's not a bad thing to get into the RP and get a feel for what's going on.

The Winning team should be able to create the next war and stuff.

Sorry, but the organization of the war needs to be one that can appeal to all teams, not just the team that creates it. When it comes to winning team rewards, I like some of Dani's suggestions (custom user titles would also be a good idea!), but we would have to get permission from Ryan first.

Also I think that there should be a few new teams entering the war, there hasn't been a new team for a lond while and I think that it might be fun to have some new team and not just Trainer, TMA, Nox, Agua-Frost, ect. for every war. (Yes, the reason I say it is because I want to start a team.)

Again, if you're up for starting a team, the best time to do it is when we decide to refresh every team thread and decide to update rosters, that way you may be able to capture members who are intrested in switching teams during that period. If you feel up to it, now would be the best time to start planning the team you would like to create. Like JT said, all you need in order to enter War Season 4 is at least 5 members, including yourself.

Don't go all sarcastic on me, Mr GMod. Big deal how much effort was put into it, it's the RESULT that counts. You can work years for an exam and still fail it, and the teacher won't give a damn how much effort you put in. Also, don't start pulling my age into this debate, try being a little more mature for a start.

Try acting more mature yourself. Outright insulting people is a pretty crappy way of debating and trying to prove your point. Obviously you don't give a damn about intention. You in case forgot to mention that leaders depend on the group itself in order to be successful. War Season 3 could have worked and could have been quite good, but there were problems with battles and declaring attacks, something that was out of the control of the war leaders. For you, it's easy to point out problems but coming up with an actual solution seems to be beyond your reach.

Daniella, Treecko(Yeah sure, not that he'd want to, but he can), and maybe HKim. 3 is more than enough, excluding Treecko. Of course, they might not want to be leaders, but I'm saying they're eligible candidates.

Wake up, Raik. TT obviously doesn't care for the war any more, let alone desire be a war leader. However, I agree that Dani would definitely be an outstanding leader. That would give you Dani, ElimN8, and HKim on possibility as your war leader dream team, if you think HKim is still "worthy," provided all of them were willing to be a leader.

Of course you would throw me out just because you're just about against everything I do and even mention as an idea (like I care), but, of course, this is a hypothetical situation. I was simply curious to see who you'd pick if you had been given 100% command over who was decided.

JohtoTrainer
02-25-2005, 12:44 PM
Good job insulting PF, Marco, DP and a few other people who're 12 or 13.

Also, don't go all praising them in front of me, this is bloody subjective.

People are too busy to participate... So, all of a sudden, EVERYBODY gets busy? You're kidding me, friend, try coming up with better points.

They are mature, and don't start fights with everyne. :rolleyes:

The war leaders are fine Raik, a war has NEVER worked during school. It only worked during the summer. So YOU come up with some better points.

boltAge
02-25-2005, 01:21 PM
Try acting more mature yourself. Outright insulting people is a pretty crappy way of debating and trying to prove your point. Obviously you don't give a damn about intention. You in case forgot to mention that leaders depend on the group itself in order to be successful. War Season 3 could have worked and could have been quite good, but there were problems with battles and declaring attacks, something that was out of the control of the war leaders. For you, it's easy to point out problems but coming up with an actual solution seems to be beyond your reach.

I'll like to find where exactly did I outright insult someone...

...I'm supposed to cook up solutions? Have you heard of people reporting problems to the Support Team of any company, then having to find a solution themselves? Wow...

Wake up, Raik. TT obviously doesn't care for the war any more, let alone desire be a war leader. However, I agree that Dani would definitely be an outstanding leader. That would give you Dani, ElimN8, and HKim on possibility as your war leader dream team, if you think HKim is still "worthy," provided all of them were willing to be a leader.

..he doesn't care about the war. So I'd love to know why is he posting in this thread? :eh:

Of course you would throw me out just because you're just about against everything I do and even mention as an idea (like I care), but, of course, this is a hypothetical situation. I was simply curious to see who you'd pick if you had been given 100% command over who was decided.
If I really hated you that much, I probably won't be on Nox now. Just that some of the stuff you've done recently hasn't really been very pleasant to me, and no, I'm not rejecting your ideas, complaining or whatever because of that, I'm just not too fond of you being a war leader, especially when War Season 3 and 3 2/3 hasn't turned out good at all.

And JT, get off my tail, I have no intention to talk to you, your comments hasn't been very worthy of replies anyway. Try posting long paragraphs and good grammar(Remember, it's 'everyone' not 'everyne') in debates instead of the standard few liners.

02-25-2005, 01:28 PM
Lol you sound more hormonal than I do. PMS :tongue:

Caite-chan
02-25-2005, 07:26 PM
If you ask me...we should have new WAR leaders only because it gets hard for the SAME people trying to think of something every time we have a WAR. And they should all be from a different team. As for when it is...it depends on where you live...for some people their summer IS right now. You can't forget people on the other side of the world.

Neo Emolga
02-25-2005, 07:56 PM
I'll like to find where exactly did I outright insult someone...

Stupid, stupid question. Raik, you insult anyone and everyone, and it's almost sickening to see you don't even think so, and think that telling people to "get a life" or "get the hell out of here" is completely innocent. For a little kid, you have the ethics and morals of a criminal.

...I'm supposed to cook up solutions? Have you heard of people reporting problems to the Support Team of any company, then having to find a solution themselves? Wow...

No, but you waltz around here thinking you know everything and you complain of other people's faults when you don't even know enough to come up with a solution yourself! If the war was really up to you, it would be thread after thread of people flaming each other, and whoever flames the other people the best get the points. Yes, that would be your dream, wouldn't it?

If I really hated you that much, I probably won't be on Nox now. Just that some of the stuff you've done recently hasn't really been very pleasant to me, and no, I'm not rejecting your ideas, complaining or whatever because of that, I'm just not too fond of you being a war leader, especially when War Season 3 and 3 2/3 hasn't turned out good at all.

Yes, and you've gotten into arguements with everyone on Nox as well. So far, it's been me, Mana, DP, Marco, Shane, and many, many others. But, of course you're there because no other team would take you. Like hell you'd go to Trainer or Tri-blade. Honestly Raik, you're not the most respected member on Nox, and for very good reasons. You don't show us respect, so we're not going to show you respect either. I'm sure other teams are also very aware of how you act and behave.

So, you're blaming the faults of War Season 3 and 3 2/3 completely on me. I overlooked the fact that 3 2/3 was during a school year, thinking it would be good enough to try anyway. So it failed, at least I tried. As for Season 3, that was a different story, but it shouldn't rest completely on my shoulders alone.

You don't like the way I run things, that's fine, but I sure as hell won't resign only because you think I suck as a war leader.

02-25-2005, 08:17 PM
The Electoral War
Not quite as political as it sounds...

Assume we don't get any new categories for War 4, although this will work if that happens, it's just a lot easier for explaining it this way...

For each category, we have a 'city' (by the very original names of Fan Art City, RP Town, etc...).

There is a week's advance warning from the section judge as to the themes for the following categories: Humour, Creative Writing, Fan Fiction, Fan Art. During that week before the themes actually come into place, the members must devise their answers or pieces for that theme.

Still in that week, the members who want to submit things must run them through their team, and the team must choose together which one they want to submit - because each week, each team can only submit one piece of work between them.

In the next week, the judges will have been PMed the pieces for each team by the author/artist/whatever of the piece. They will post each team's piece, and people must vote induvidually for their favourite, but they obviously can't vote for their own team's work. At the same time, the judges will send out the theme for the following week, and things proceed like that.

For the URPG, Debate, Scavenger Hunt and Trivia, each team must select a representative for their team for that week (but you cannot represent your team in the same category two weeks in a row, to encourage diversity in the war), and otherwise proceed as normal, except Debate (see below) - in terms of Scavenger Hunt and Trivia, these representatives must be chosen before the questions are announced just to be safe.

In Debate, over the course of the week, people must vote for the person they think did the best (but it can't be their own team's representative, duh).

The RP proceeds as normal, but with voting for the best RPer who isn't on their team. As many people can participate in this as they want to, because it's that kind of category that needs a lot of people.

Votes are PMed to the section judge to make the winner a mystery and so as not to clutter up the section threads.

The votes are tallied up, and the team with the most votes in a section wins control of that section's city. The next week, the team gets a 1-vote bonus in that section to try and keep control of it.

The aim is to be the first team to control all 8 cities in the same week.

Tweak as you will, that's my idea.

The only problem with that is people won't necassarily be fair, they could vote for the teams with the least points so the leading team doesn't get a big lead and their own team gets a better chance. Could undermine that whole system.

I'm all up for mixing up war leaders, although I don't think it's wise to have completely all new leaders, I think it's best to keep atleast one old one because they know what's going on and have been doing all the organising for a while etc so they know how to go about it. Get a load of new people in with all new ides, but no backbone (by which I mean structure) and it's pretty useless.

Voting for things is cool, but too much voting is a drag, people won't vote for all of them and it takes so much longer to get things done if you have to vote for everything. Great idea in principle, not so great in practice. Important things voting, the rest not.

Tamer Marco
02-25-2005, 08:29 PM
I have a really dumb idea: How about a draft? For the war's time, members could be switched up into other teams. It's definetly not the best idea, but it is interesting, I think.

Lord Celebi
02-25-2005, 08:46 PM
(I think he perfers to be called Bron).

Yes, Trainer does seem to rule an empire at the moment, but that's not their fault. They play as hard as they want, they don't need to resist their effort so other teams can pass them. Want to defeat Trainer in season 4? Get your team to work their tails off on submitting extremely good quality entries. Yes, most of us want to see an underdog team win, but they need to earn it. Victory is never given.
Damnit. I keep screwing up his name...

I wasn't really complaining, I was morely commenting that Trainer is similar to Alexander the Great.

Being a war leader really has no relation to have much time you spend on the Internet. It's more about creative thinking, problem solving, answering questions, managing, developing, implimenting ideas and making sure they can and will work, and making sure every possible situation is covered and examined to make sure no one can unfairly exploit the system and foundations of the war.

Can you can sincerely say you have all those capabilities? It's a much bigger task than you're describing it as.
I'm pretty creative as is. I always get good marks for creativity at my school from all my teachers. I am a good problem solver too. I've fixed many a thing in my house. I love answering Questions, so that should be no problem. In my spare time, I think, a lot. Espcially when there's music with no words, then my ideas just flow. I think I hve no problem developing ideas. I'm know I can make sure that no one unfairly exploits my system. Normally, when I develop a Internet Game (I've made a few, I should show one of my cooler ideas later), I test it out to make sure no one can take advantage of the game to win. On top of that, I have the time to do this all.

So, yes, I sincerly think I have all those capabilities.

Jack of Clovers
02-25-2005, 08:49 PM
I have a really dumb idea: How about a draft? For the war's time, members could be switched up into other teams. It's definetly not the best idea, but it is interesting, I think.
i thought of that too but it's not going to work. people want to be on a team with their friends and not on a team they don't like.
why are there no new teams? because every team that tries to start can't because they don't get enough members. let's think, why is this. oh, i know. because the current teams we have have all the members.
if the teams we set at member limits, then we could have more teams and more diversity of challenges. which = more fun. :cool:

and guys, lay of Raik. the argument will get you no where. focus on the issues.

~Jack~

Techno Treecko
02-25-2005, 09:56 PM
Wait, me a war leader? F*ck no, I don't want to be in a position that I won't do crap in. I think the war should honestly die, but in the wise words of N8, "once you teach Kim something, he'll never let it go". He won't let the war die because it's all he's got.

But since it's gonna happen anyway, the elections need to go through (either that or put the original team of War Leaders back on; SK, N8, and Kim).

Lord Celebi
02-25-2005, 10:03 PM
Wait, me a war leader? F*ck no, I don't want to be in a position that I won't do crap in. I think the war should honestly die, but in the wise words of N8, "once you teach Kim something, he'll never let it go". He won't let the war die because it's all he's got.

But since it's gonna happen anyway, the elections need to go through (either that or put the original team of War Leaders back on; SK, N8, and Kim).
Look, TT, If you want the War to die, just don't participate, or better yet, stop posting in this thread. There are other people here who like the War, and don't appreciate Spam from you or Raik.

Techno Treecko
02-26-2005, 12:26 AM
Look, TT, If you want the War to die, just don't participate, or better yet, stop posting in this thread. There are other people here who like the War, and don't appreciate Spam from you or Raik.

Well aren't we just the man in charge. At least I closed my team when I knew it was DEAD. :tongue3:

And last I checked, giving in one's opinion is not spam, loser.

And I didn't say I was against the war, I might participate in it myself if it turns out to not suck like all the previous wars (war 1 excluded). I'm just pointing out that Kim can't let things die, he'll keep going until War Season 54. I just think he needs to come up with a new game rather than continue one that no one seems to participate in long enough to be worth doing at all. :tongue3:

Marill
02-26-2005, 12:57 AM
War Season 4... The great question of whether we should have it or not.

I would wish that there would be at least one war in which I could fully participate in, but if that isn't the case, it wasn't mean to be. TT -- HKim has the PE2K Pokť-Olympics to go on, so, it is obvious that he has more than at least one thing that he's "got."

He's got many an idea up his sleeve, as him and I have conversed at length about them. I think you should spend less time being critical of others, and being more supportive. Aren't we just the man whom the world waits for? X_x;

boltAge
02-26-2005, 01:21 AM
Stupid, stupid question. Raik, you insult anyone and everyone, and it's almost sickening to see you don't even think so, and think that telling people to "get a life" or "get the hell out of here" is completely innocent. For a little kid, you have the ethics and morals of a criminal.

...wow, you're exactly like the idiots around here. They go around saying, RAIK INSULTS PEOPLE A LOT, then fails to provide any proof. I'll be glad to see even a single sentence of proof.

No, but you waltz around here thinking you know everything and you complain of other people's faults when you don't even know enough to come up with a solution yourself! If the war was really up to you, it would be thread after thread of people flaming each other, and whoever flames the other people the best get the points. Yes, that would be your dream, wouldn't it?

...what? Did you even read my post?
'...I'm supposed to cook up solutions? Have you heard of people reporting problems to the Support Team of any company, then having to find a solution themselves? Wow...'
You're leaders of the war, you're called 'leaders' for a reason you know. I'm pointing out problems for you leaders to fix, or else you'll never fix them. I'm not supposed to be bothered to think about solutions, thank you very much.

Yes, and you've gotten into arguements with everyone on Nox as well. So far, it's been me, Mana, DP, Marco, Shane, and many, many others. But, of course you're there because no other team would take you. Like hell you'd go to Trainer or Tri-blade. Honestly Raik, you're not the most respected member on Nox, and for very good reasons. You don't show us respect, so we're not going to show you respect either. I'm sure other teams are also very aware of how you act and behave.

I haven't gone into arguements with mana, maybe an aggressive debate or two on the Nox thread and Strategies Board, but nothing more, thank you. And no, sorry, I don't start arguements for the fun of it, I have good reasons. Accusations, accusations.

And don't make your freagin Nox sound so good. If not for the friends, I woulda long quitted :rolleyes: And are you positive ALL other teams won't recruit me? Eh? :eh:

So, you're blaming the faults of War Season 3 and 3 2/3 completely on me. I overlooked the fact that 3 2/3 was during a school year, thinking it would be good enough to try anyway. So it failed, at least I tried. As for Season 3, that was a different story, but it shouldn't rest completely on my shoulders alone.

You don't like the way I run things, that's fine, but I sure as hell won't resign only because you think I suck as a war leader.
Nope, not completely on you, it just seems that you're the only war leaders trying to argue with me, if it was HKim or maybe even Fair, I would have used the exact. same. attitude. and. words.

'at least I tried'. You had 2 wars(More exactly, 1 2/3) to try out your plans, don't tell me you didn't have chances.

Sure, you won't resign, the feeling of power is soo awesome, right? Duh :rolleyes:

And I'm not blotAge, thank you.

EDIT: And you should go see, there are so many people supporting new war leaders or ideas similar to that. Quit hogging on to your stupid position already.

Lord Celebi
02-26-2005, 02:42 AM
...wow, you're exactly like the idiots around here. They go around saying, RAIK INSULTS PEOPLE A LOT, then fails to provide any proof. I'll be glad to see even a single sentence of proof.
I have no idea what world you're from, but here on Earth, calling someone an idiot is an insult.

And don't make your freagin Nox sound so good. If not for the friends, I woulda long quitted :rolleyes: And are you positive ALL other teams won't recruit me? Eh? :eh:
I'd recruit you if you had a better attitude toward authority and were active.

Well aren't we just the man in charge. At least I closed my team when I knew it was DEAD.
You just gave up hope on your own pride and joy. I believe in Aqua. I know that we will win eventually...

And last I checked, giving in one's opinion is not spam, loser.You've stated the point thatthe War must die a few times actually. It was not necessary to post it again with more detail.

Now, can we please stop arguing. This is just a Flame Broiled Spam Fest.

Neo Emolga
02-26-2005, 03:20 AM
Raik, you make me laugh. Youíre a 13 year old who thinks heís totally awesome trying to stand up to someone nearly ten years older than him. ďOhh, I want proof for everything I do!Ē is the stupidest thing Iíve ever heard. In truth, I really donít care what next youíre going to gripe about, and guess what? No one does either.

As for the war leader position, who cares? If Iím kicked out, it doesnít mean the world to me. Hell, this is a forum for Christsakes. Itís not like Iím getting paid for it, so I really have nothing to lose. But you can bet Iím not going to step down from my position because an immature little 13 year old brat told me so. Iíve said to hell with people I meet in real life. You better believe Iím not going to really care about an immature kid on the other side of the planet who insults me on the Internet. Screw you.

And yes, you do get into arguments with people all the time, and you obviously have a bad memory if you think not. You wanna leave Nox? Iíd be itching to pack your bags. Just remember to shut the door behind you. Adios, farewell, bon voyage, goodbye, the like. No oneís forcing you to stay.

Go whine about the war all you like, Raik. Itís actually our decision whether we want to observe your points or not, and no one doesnít. Iíve only taken out the time to do so because of respect and consideration for all ideas that are posted here. Say goodbye to that, of course. I know Kim and, well gee, itís no surprise he really never addresses what you say either. He doesnít care, and itís not a matter of inactivity. You never agree with anything, unless itís totally in your favor.

And rustís right. Thereís no reason to continue this nonsense. Itís pointless to whip out an argument just because Raik happened to post here in disagreement with everything, which seems to happen in every thread where that takes place. You want to continue this, take it to PM, and donít post it here. No one wants to see it, and if you do it, Iíll just delete it.

Now, letís try to get back on the task at hand for goodness sake.

Lord Celebi
02-26-2005, 03:43 AM
And rust’s right. There’s no reason to continue this nonsense. It’s pointless to whip out an argument just because Raik happened to post here in disagreement with everything, which seems to happen in every thread where that takes place. You want to continue this, take it to PM, and don’t post it here. No one wants to see it, and if you do it, I’ll just delete it.
Finally, someone doesn't capatilize my name! I thought this day would never come *Giggles like a girl*

Anyways, on to business...
Another Idea for War 4: The War Mystery
Plot: The President of the United Regions of Pokemon (The Landmass in which Orre is located) has been assassinated. The first people blamed are the most powerful people in the world (As they are Team Leaders); Harry Kim, Kamon, rust Makuta, (Insert Other Team Leaders here... I only know those offhand...). In a quest to clear their names, each team must find clues to figure out who did it. The Team Must find out What Team, Which Pokemon Was used, and What city. This War would play like clue. You can win by getting 100 points or figuring out who did it. Each week you have a chance to pay one point to a team, in which they must tell the team asking a clue thwy were given (Either the Pokemon, City, ot Team). If a team lies, they will be disqualified for cheating, and their clues will become known to the Public.

I'm Thinking:
Pokemon:
Qwlfish
Blaziken
Walrein
Crawdaunt
Blastoise
Kangaskhan
Nidoking

Citys:
Phenac
Agate
Cerulan
Celedon
EverGrande
Indigo Plateu
Goldenrod

Teams:
Team Magma
Team Rocket
Team Neutralize
Team Storm
Team Snagem
Cipher
Air Force

Like it? It was just a quick 5-Minute type, I could elaborate what you don't understand.

Kenny_C.002
02-26-2005, 03:52 AM
About the judges thing. Seriously appointing 1 judge is IMO impractical and possibly biased (don't give me that BS about bias, everyone, including me, has a bias, no exceptions). So I'm thinking it would definitely be better to have more than one. I'd like to say a panel, but that would be incredibly difficult for everyone. Heck 2 or 3 would make things much better overall. Just...quite frankly we need to train more judges. lol

HKim
02-26-2005, 06:20 AM
Well, certainly everyone has something to say. I'm glad that everyone is participating because, in reality, creativity x 30 is much better than creativity x 4.

It is true though that we need to focus back on the task at hand. While it may only be February, I would rather be ready with a plan at hand then scrambling at the last minute. After all, the 3rd War Season was plagued with a slight tardiness that I want to avoid this time around.

Anyway, back to the ideas.

I agree, we should avoid any ideas dealing with team elimination. First of all, it eliminates participation which is a key item to the war. Second, a weak team at the beginning of the war can emerge at the top at the end.

Electoral War Idea
Vex, I must commend you for thinking outside the box. Now, your Electoral War idea is a bit too far though. It's true, a team winning in all the sections is pretty slim. Also, while some teams choose representatives, a lot of the war depends on multiple participation and I would hate to exclude any members because they aren't the best. However, there is a way to modify your idea if you combine it with Lep's team restriction. With only a few members on a team, sections would have to be divided up among members.

The War Mystery
rust, I'll never understand why we don't capitalize your name, but okay. Anyway, your idea sounds interesting and has some merit. Certainly it would give the War Roleplay a new plot which is what Kenny was suggesting I think. Perhaps we can modify the rules a bit so that it isn't Pokemon Clue. Certainly, with a lot of planning, this idea would be unique and different from previous war seasons.

Other Ideas
- Well Kenny, that's true, but section efficiency always decreases when more than one judge can give points. It would work if they were assistants like the ones used in the roleplay for strikes. Of course, depending on the new war system, we might need two judges. We will need to see of course.

- Lep, as mentioned above, your team limit idea does have merit. However, how much would you want to limit it? I know the URPG Teams back in the Yahoo Group had four members, but what do you think? As for myself, I'm not too sure about this idea because all the previous war seasons never limited members.

Jack of Clovers
02-26-2005, 07:22 AM
- Lep, as mentioned above, your team limit idea does have merit. However, how much would you want to limit it? I know the URPG Teams back in the Yahoo Group had four members, but what do you think? As for myself, I'm not too sure about this idea because all the previous war seasons never limited members.
lol. if we had 4 per team like old URPG,,, that'd be insane. anyway, i was thinking 10-15. probably 15 member limit sounds good.

i just realized... Nox has 46 members (but not all active). :eek:

~Jack~

HKim
02-26-2005, 07:45 AM
lol. if we had 4 per team like old URPG,,, that'd be insane. anyway, i was thinking 10-15. probably 15 member limit sounds good.

i just realized... Nox has 46 members (but not all active). :eek:

~Jack~

If we imposed a limit, team leaders might have to kick out some members. I don't know if that's what we want to do considering that this is supposed to be a fun event. Not to mention the fact that Team Nox will be the team most likely to suffer due to their team count.

Jack of Clovers
02-26-2005, 08:17 AM
from what i've been reading here so far, i think all the teams will be starting new threads and having all the members rejoin the team again if they want to. kinda like starting over.
if ur worried about nox, if we do this team membership re-start, i think only +/- 25 current active members will rejoin that team (if they choose to).

maybe see how many active team members we have total and choose a limit to best represent that :ermm:

~Jack~

02-26-2005, 12:02 PM
Multiple judges thing-

In season 2 nate and I were RP judges and we just switched over so we only did every other week each, that worked out pretty well. Make something like that again perhaps?

Marill
02-26-2005, 03:14 PM
Well... Someone mentioned a "Draft" earlier... Sort of a mix-up between the teams. Each team leader could draft one person they desired to have, until all hopeful-participants were selected. I love that idea myself. I'm suprised no one else touched on it.

Tamer Marco
02-26-2005, 03:34 PM
Well... Someone mentioned a "Draft" earlier... Sort of a mix-up between the teams. Each team leader could draft one person they desired to have, until all hopeful-participants were selected. I love that idea myself. I'm suprised no one else touched on it. That was me. I think it's a great idea, but there could be some confusion. Besides, like Jack said to me, people want to be with their war friends on thier teams.

JohtoTrainer
02-26-2005, 03:34 PM
Yea, but you can't take people off of other teams that they want to be on, to put them on a team that they don't want to be on. Unless you mean, taking people out of the Free Agent Pool (people not on a team lol) Then that would be pretty cool. But then again, they might not want to be on a team at all so...

boltAge
02-26-2005, 03:57 PM
Well, that'll probably encourage teamwork between total strangers, but w/e, it could spark up unhappiness and stuff too.

Marill
02-26-2005, 06:52 PM
Well, I understand that some members would like to stay on the same team. However, for the purposes and sake of a NEW and Refreshing War... They could be stripped off of their current teams (as each team turns in a completed Team List) and then Team Leaders recruit and enlist the members for War Season 4 ONLY. That means, they would still be a repesctive member of their original team (unless they wished to renounce their membership.)

MystiKal
02-26-2005, 07:05 PM
I think the draft idea is a really good one. It would split the teams up and maybe make it really even with the members. The team leaders could all go in a AIM chat and just go down a list and pick there members.

Ironshell Blastoise
02-26-2005, 07:23 PM
I suggest we just stick to the teams that there are, but make teams that are just totally for the war. We could make like 6 teams, assign captains, and then draft the other players. This way, one team won't be one sided in URPG and another team won't be one sided in puzzles. Possibly, maybe have 2 or 3 captains for the team, and have them draft the rest of the team. Kind of like a democracy.

While I like Nox and all, the teams that we are in during all of our stay at PE2K are kind of...well, crowded. I think a refreshing start to things would be great, and just making teams for the war would be awesome.

MystiKal
02-26-2005, 07:30 PM
Yeah I agree drafting would make all the teams even seeing as Nox has mostly all the graphics members. So yeah it would help a lot by drafting.

Marill
02-26-2005, 07:33 PM
I'm a little confused about what you just said... You like the Draft idea, but want to make new teams? Sorry, I just couldn't make it out...

Here's my suggestion:

Elect 1 or 2 Captains for a Team, as voted in by all War Participants. You could vote to make them a Captain, and they are randomly selected for a Team. Then, that/those 1 or 2 Captain(s) could decide which members to draft, as they would know which member excells in what area by a member directory. Here we go in this explanation: As each OLD team submitts member lists, and Free Agents also Sign Up, they state in order of their relative strength, 3 Areas in which they excel. That would allow Captains to select members that they need to make a well-rounded team when they go in order of selection (a process done by randomly selecting a Draft-Picking Slot between the teams.) A little complicated to digest, but when you get it down, you'll understand how interesting this could get.

MystiKal
02-26-2005, 07:36 PM
I agree Chad putting a list of your members and then saying what they excel in is a great idea. This should make this upcoming war very interesting. Since like Trainer has a lot of good URPG people it would spread the people around on each team.

Tamer Marco
02-26-2005, 07:38 PM
I had no idea that my idea would be so popular. :eek: Draft everyone, draft!

Marill
02-26-2005, 07:49 PM
I like it myself. It's funny -- an almost overlooked idea could turn out to alter the entire WAR process. ^_^; Great idea, Marco.

Ironshell Blastoise
02-26-2005, 08:27 PM
Basically, have 6 captains, and they draft teams. Or 6 groups of captains. Making 6 teams for the war.

Tamer Marco
02-26-2005, 08:29 PM
I like it myself. It's funny -- an almost overlooked idea could turn out to alter the entire WAR process. ^_^; Great idea, Marco. Thanks. ^_^ I like your idea about what members excel in what.

Marill
02-26-2005, 08:34 PM
Thanks! If we have SIX Teams, would they be NEW teams, or OLD Teams with the NEW TEMPORARY Members?

Tamer Marco
02-26-2005, 08:36 PM
Or, we could do the thing Khold said. Have captians, they draft, and we make up totally new teams with different motives!

Marill
02-26-2005, 09:20 PM
Well, I think that would serve as a huge part of the NEW Twist to the War, however, I think that some of the Team-Creators will be a little perturbed that all their teams won't be appreciated during this War. X_x; I vote for it, but eh..

Another reason I like the WAR RP DRAFT Idea, is I want to be on a person's team in particular, but am currently tied down to another team. This would relieve stress caused by having to decide between the two. It would offer the participants a greater base of friendship as well, probably increasing activity within PE2K.

Also, as an incentive for the New War Teams (if the Draft is passed + All-New War Teams to be created), whichever team wins, can spawn itself off and become a permanent team in itself. That would allow members the decision to decide between old and new, which would lead to further implications of a possible War Season 5 plot twist. ^^; Hope you like.

Ironshell Blastoise
02-27-2005, 06:26 AM
Thanks! If we have SIX Teams, would they be NEW teams, or OLD Teams with the NEW TEMPORARY Members?

Temporary members, just for the war. Once the war is over, the teams are dead.

Anyway, here's a scenario...

we have all the members sign up that are interested in the war. we have the sign ups for about 2 weeks, so we give everyone enough time to see it and whatnot. we then somehow get 6 captains, or 6 groups of captains (no more than 3 captains i think, since any more would be too much). They draft the other members who signed up, and when they are drafted, someone edits the sign up list and puts what team they are on.

To make it interesting, the captains should have a certain number of resources or whatever to influence the draftees. Just because a team wants one member, doesn't mean they get that member. The member has to agree to the draft. Say, two teams both want me for example. One team offers me 500 bucks for the URPG and a free unevolved pokemon, while the other team will offer me 1000 bucks a free unevolved pokemon and a tm. I would most likely go with the bigger offer. But this is just a random scenario, and I'm not saying the proposals have to deal with the URPG in any way, i'm just giving the war leaders something to chew on for some interesting shizzle for the war. Also, the draftee should post down what they would be good at/willing to work on. A limit of 3 things would be good, so some members don't go on about everything. This would also limit what they are allowed to participate in during the war (so if i'm good at art, NB, and URPG, i can't help my team in a puzzle challenge or whatever)

also, map and territories is a good idea, just don't overdo it. Use GBA maps, much simpler, and less territories.

and come to think of it, 6 teams might be much, maybe 3 or 4

MystiKal
02-27-2005, 06:54 AM
Great idea Khold and yeah 6 teams is a little to much. But it may get kinda of confusing if you use the I'll make a offer for just one member thing.

Ironshell Blastoise
02-27-2005, 07:10 AM
Its like sports, a signing bonus I guess. If there is a draft, the free agent has to agree to go to a team. While it wouldn't be necessary for all members, there may come a point in a draft when two teams need a good URPG player, and they both want the same person, so they make offers to that person.

Still don't know offer details, but just ideas.

MystiKal
02-27-2005, 07:18 AM
The member has to agree to the draft.

I dont think that would work, because say I keep declining till I get on a team that like so it would be kinda unfair.

Channel Delibird
02-27-2005, 12:16 PM
On the contrary, I think agreeing to the draft would have to be essential. Where's the fun if you get drafted on to a team that you don't want to be on? While I wouldn't mind too much if I was placed on Trainer or perhaps Triblade (for example), I'd be pretty angry if I was drafted by TMA or Aqua (nothing personal to either of them, I'm just a bit adversarial towards TMA since War 1 [the RP plot got very involving, to say the least], and I don't want to go to Aqua, for reasons already stated). Perhaps, when applying as a free agent, you specify one or two teams that can't draft you. Remember, people have to enjoy this.

Tamer Marco
02-27-2005, 01:59 PM
I'm agreeing with Khold and CD on this one? What if you just don't want to go to the team. In Kickball, when you draft players you can refuse to go to that team. The war is a game. Why not make it more like one?

Marill
02-27-2005, 02:16 PM
Temporary members, just for the war. Once the war is over, the teams are dead.

Anyway, here's a scenario...

we have all the members sign up that are interested in the war. we have the sign ups for about 2 weeks, so we give everyone enough time to see it and whatnot. we then somehow get 6 captains, or 6 groups of captains (no more than 3 captains i think, since any more would be too much). They draft the other members who signed up, and when they are drafted, someone edits the sign up list and puts what team they are on.

To make it interesting, the captains should have a certain number of resources or whatever to influence the draftees. Just because a team wants one member, doesn't mean they get that member. The member has to agree to the draft. Say, two teams both want me for example. One team offers me 500 bucks for the URPG and a free unevolved pokemon, while the other team will offer me 1000 bucks a free unevolved pokemon and a tm. I would most likely go with the bigger offer. But this is just a random scenario, and I'm not saying the proposals have to deal with the URPG in any way, i'm just giving the war leaders something to chew on for some interesting shizzle for the war. Also, the draftee should post down what they would be good at/willing to work on. A limit of 3 things would be good, so some members don't go on about everything. This would also limit what they are allowed to participate in during the war (so if i'm good at art, NB, and URPG, i can't help my team in a puzzle challenge or whatever)

also, map and territories is a good idea, just don't overdo it. Use GBA maps, much simpler, and less territories.

and come to think of it, 6 teams might be much, maybe 3 or 4

I think that the "bidding" upon a member would prove interesting as well -- the only draw-back being, would Jack allow such a thing to go on with the URPG?

I think that if you are a free agent... Specify possible which Team(s) you would be most comfortable on. That way one can see. Otherwise, those who were a part of a team just are part of a new one.

Tamer Marco
02-27-2005, 02:18 PM
I think that the "bidding" upon a member would prove interesting as well -- the only draw-back being, would Jack allow such a thing to go on with the URPG?

I think that if you are a free agent... Specify possible which Team(s) you would be most comfortable on. That way one can see. Otherwise, those who were a part of a team just are part of a new one. Eh, i've got another idea. Newbies, or members without teams can also sign up with the draft. Teams pick which members they want, and for the URPG they pick a set of three Pokemon, two middle stage, and one evolved so they won't be left out for the remainder of the war.

Neo Emolga
02-27-2005, 06:46 PM
Regarding The Draft And Creation of New Teams

Quite a few people have addressed this topic already, and I feel itís pretty important to address before moving on. For one thing, establishing a draft would mean we would need to create new teams. Otherwise, people could be drafted on to a team they donít like. Itís better to form a whole new team, and let the members of that team decide what their goals will be and what their outlook will become.

Of course, the draft is good because itís fair. Creating six new teams would allow us to relive the experience that was found in War Season 1, where all teams were fresh and new. Lately, the already existing teams are quite imbalanced, and new war teams are almost non-existent. Doing this would make the war more fun and fairer with every team having an equal chance of winning. I think the imbalance of teams is whatís been causing most war inactivity. Teams that have all the power go unchallenged while teams without much power easily give in. We would be able to level the playing field if we go through with this.

Why six teams? Four or three would be too few, considering 2 points are handed out for each section. Having only three or four teams would easily ensure them of points, and most team members would find they donít need to be involved and think someone else would just get the points for them. Spreading that thinner would get people to get moving on doing the best job they can since there would be more reliance on them.

As for deciding team leaders and who would be chosen to lead each team, we still have yet to decide, but I recommend not having it at random, and instead choosing the best possible candidates. Maybe we can vote on something like that and have people elect team leaders, so people wonít be surprised at who is chosen to be a leader when that time comes. Maybe have each member choose six people who they think would be the best team leaders, and tally up the results.

Also, the War RP wonít seem as daunting to read or take part in since everything will begin anew and untouched, allowing for a new history and legacy to take place. Iím sure many of you who never got the chance to take part in the first War RP wish you had been there to do so. Doing this will allow everyone to take part in what becomes the skin and flesh of their own team.

Lastly, it will give team members a new chance to work with different members for once and allow them to see what working with other people is really like.

In all, Iím definitely for it. Itís probably the best way to ensure War Season 4 will be as successful as War Season 1.

Half a Dollar
02-27-2005, 06:56 PM
A draft sounds liek a very good idea. What we also need though is a new section. A new section that has to do with video games. He is my summary:

a person with a webcam plays a Pokemon game. They have to complete a task, and the one who finishes the assigned task first will win 1 point.

Lord Celebi
02-27-2005, 07:48 PM
Stuff
Bye-Bye Team Aqua :(
I'd also like to add to that and call the teams a Number, until everyone gets on the team, and they can decide what to call the team.

The good side to this is if I ever get back in the RP... I don't have to read everything everyone's posted in 3 2/3!
HaD: I was gonna post this, but forgot;
The War Game Compo
This section is kinda a ripoff of another game on another board I go to. First, we set up a list of Legally downloadable games (Like Frogger). So the first week, the judge picks a game, and everyone downloads it, and posts a screenshot of their High Score, and a vote for next week's game from the list. The next week, the game with the most votes is played.

The Topic on the Other Forums (For Reference): http://adctalk.com/index.php?showtopic=1982408

Neo Emolga
02-27-2005, 09:59 PM
A draft sounds liek a very good idea. What we also need though is a new section. A new section that has to do with video games. He is my summary:

a person with a webcam plays a Pokemon game. They have to complete a task, and the one who finishes the assigned task first will win 1 point.

Well, the only problem with that is not everyone has a webcam. I myself don't have one, and I'm sure there are others like me who don't.

But, we could try to replace Trivia with something else. During Season 3, people were against it and no one exactly missed it during 3 2/3. It's just trying to find that something else that's going to be a bit more difficult.

Bye-Bye Team Aqua :(
I'd also like to add to that and call the teams a Number, until everyone gets on the team, and they can decide what to call the team.

That's pretty much how I thought we would do it. Make each team have a number until they decide on a name and are satisfied with it.

HaD: I was gonna post this, but forgot;
The War Game Compo
This section is kinda a ripoff of another game on another board I go to. First, we set up a list of Legally downloadable games (Like Frogger). So the first week, the judge picks a game, and everyone downloads it, and posts a screenshot of their High Score, and a vote for next week's game from the list. The next week, the game with the most votes is played.

Setting that up might be tough though. Flash games might actually be better, since just about every computer out there can view Flash.

Still, there still can be cases of cheaters who Photoshop their score...

Marill
02-27-2005, 10:37 PM
Aha! I'm quite glad that we are starting new! And, it's a good idea for people to invent their names afterwards, although I had some team-names up my sleeve in case the War Leaders already wanted them established. ^^;

Tamer Marco
02-27-2005, 10:42 PM
I had some team names too, but they're all crap.

Neo Emolga
02-27-2005, 10:44 PM
Well, like I said, I'm sure the leader of each team would be willing to discuss team names and find one that everyone likes.

It's always possible to save suggestions for later.

MystiKal
02-28-2005, 12:21 AM
I think that the war leaders should choose the 6 team leaders this would make it interesting this way.

Raddstealth316
02-28-2005, 12:27 AM
Hm at first I was really opposed to the idea but it's sort of grown on me...

Though I have some queries. First would the current war teams now, just vanish forever? Or would they come back after this war?

Second is that will the goals and everything be made by the War leader and then the captains put in charge or will the captains make the goals and team introductions?

Third, if we do it like in picking people in rounds to join a team like in sport team picking, what would happen to those picked last? Isn't that kind of embaressing to them? Perhaps the first few picks should be ones the captains really want and the last ones should be done by numbers. Like the remaining given a number and with no cheating the captain picks a number and whoever number is that, they join your team. Say for example:

Leftover 1
Leftover 2
Leftover 3
Leftover 4
Leftover 5

Then the team leader has to pick a number from 1-5 but they don't know who is which number. Then say they pick 4, then the person numbered 4 would join their team.

I think that idea would work but not for the whole picking as it would get too complicated. Leaving it for the last few would be better so not to make people embarressed or less in ability in any way.

What do you guys think?

Ironshell Blastoise
02-28-2005, 12:35 AM

I think that if you are a free agent... Specify possible which Team(s) you would be most comfortable on. That way one can see. Otherwise, those who were a part of a team just are part of a new one.

Do note that I was only giving an example, and wasn't saying it had to be URPG stuff to use as resources to draw attention.

Regarding The Draft And Creation of New Teams

Quite a few people have addressed this topic already, and I feel itís pretty important to address before moving on. For one thing, establishing a draft would mean we would need to create new teams. Otherwise, people could be drafted on to a team they donít like. Itís better to form a whole new team, and let the members of that team decide what their goals will be and what their outlook will become.

Of course, the draft is good because itís fair. Creating six new teams would allow us to relive the experience that was found in War Season 1, where all teams were fresh and new. Lately, the already existing teams are quite imbalanced, and new war teams are almost non-existent. Doing this would make the war more fun and fairer with every team having an equal chance of winning. I think the imbalance of teams is whatís been causing most war inactivity. Teams that have all the power go unchallenged while teams without much power easily give in. We would be able to level the playing field if we go through with this.

Why six teams? Four or three would be too few, considering 2 points are handed out for each section. Having only three or four teams would easily ensure them of points, and most team members would find they donít need to be involved and think someone else would just get the points for them. Spreading that thinner would get people to get moving on doing the best job they can since there would be more reliance on them.

As for deciding team leaders and who would be chosen to lead each team, we still have yet to decide, but I recommend not having it at random, and instead choosing the best possible candidates. Maybe we can vote on something like that and have people elect team leaders, so people wonít be surprised at who is chosen to be a leader when that time comes. Maybe have each member choose six people who they think would be the best team leaders, and tally up the results.

Also, the War RP wonít seem as daunting to read or take part in since everything will begin anew and untouched, allowing for a new history and legacy to take place. Iím sure many of you who never got the chance to take part in the first War RP wish you had been there to do so. Doing this will allow everyone to take part in what becomes the skin and flesh of their own team.

Lastly, it will give team members a new chance to work with different members for once and allow them to see what working with other people is really like.

In all, Iím definitely for it. Itís probably the best way to ensure War Season 4 will be as successful as War Season 1.

Not to make myself out to be worth more than I am, I do think I would make a decent candidate as a War leader. If I can have someone second my own nomination, I think I could build support as a candidate as a war team leader. With the advent of Mana gone, and many of the other members my age really being stupid and having no real interest in contributing, I find that I would be of service.

MystiKal
02-28-2005, 12:42 AM
I wouldnt mind having Khold helping out in the war he seems pretty good to me. The number picking thing is a great idea, also Khold what other resources could be used besides the URPG?

Ironshell Blastoise
02-28-2005, 12:47 AM
Well, I think maybe we could have a limit to the amount of spaces we have of people participating in each category.

like, example, and don't hold me to it:

there is NB, RP, URPG, and Quizzes. Each team gets 20 slots for people to participate. Now, to get a certain person to join their team, a team leader could offer a member a certain amount of spots to participate in (say, Team 1 wants VT, and they offer him 3 Team slots, while Team 2 offers him 4 Team slots) Just based on the team slots, Team 2 has the better offer, but it isn't always based on the better offer, it also depends on who else is on that person's team. So the team would have to keep in mind that they have to hold up their contract with the other members, by keeping their Team slots, and so therefore, we actually DO run out of resources. The team would have to watch how many slots they offer to someone.

Not only should people have fun in the war, but it should be played like any competition: to win. Now, it should be played fairly, but competition is healthy.

And note, that is JUST an example, don't take it totally like its gonna happen like that, I'm only throwing ideas out.

[edit] We could also have a class layout setup, kinda like Final Fantasy Tactics or Tactics Ogre, someone gets more power or whatnot by completing certain tasks. Again, an idea, don't flip out about it and ask 213401834 questions.

Finglonger
02-28-2005, 02:39 AM
hmm yeah well I throw my political weight behind khold as a war captain.
Also in regards to NB I think there needs to be a decent set of rules this year, I mean last time we had all these funky rules and it was just too difficult to do much of anything.

all in all good ideas guys, keep the think tank running.

HKim
02-28-2005, 09:47 AM
Old War Teams
Dap, if we do go through with the Draft System, the old teams would have to go. Keeping them around would only encourage the members to rejoin the same team which is counter-productive. However, I do think that each of the current war teams should be posted in a new War Archive Section with each team posting one paragraph about themselves. This can include history, goals, etc. I think that if the teams have to retire, they should be remembered.

Draft System
This system can be done a number of ways as everyone mentioned.

If we are going towards a system where the team leaders are choosing the members, then I suggest each war participant to post a short biography (or form as we like to say in roleplaying). There will be the usual name and gender fields to fill out, but also the sections the member is best at, previous war positions, and a short summary. This way, team leaders can look over everyone and not simply pick who they know.

If we go with Khold's system where the leaders offer slots, we could end up with a situation in which teams are unbalanced in terms of the number of members in each. If the unbalance isn't too extreme, it should be fine. However, we can also consider combining it with Dap's idea or random positioning. Basically, if a team uses up all their slots, then they receive random leftover members until they are the same size as the other teams. Of course, leaders might try to abuse this rule by offering more slots knowing they will have the same members in the end, but that would also mean they have no guarantee who their other members would be. This idea also gives a choice to the war participants, but only to the ones with offers.

New Team Leaders
The most logical way of choosing new team leaders is a nomination system. People can nominate other members to be leader. If that nominated member accepts, he will be added to the candidate list. After a certain point, we can close nominations and open voting where people can vote for six people (1 per a team). The winning six will then be our new leaders.

Now, after this process, we can leave the decision up to these team leaders the officer positions and team goals. Note, the team leader needs to realize that if he chooses a goal that his members don't like, he is likely to lose the war due to the lack of enthusiasm.

Marill
02-28-2005, 02:37 PM
Well, I don't know if you want to have a limit for each member to have for a nomination... But anyways, can WAR Leaders also be TEAM Leaders as well? (I was just checking -- Remember I'm Relatively New.) Whenever you answer that question, I'll continue on with my nominations after the first, but at this time I would like to support Raddstealth316 (Dap) as a Team Leader. ^^;

Ironshell Blastoise
02-28-2005, 11:03 PM
I nominate Valiant Lugia and Harry as Team/War Leaders also.

Anyways, we can set a limit to the amount of Team slots made open. So, if we have about 20-25 people in each team, I think 60 slots would be sufficient (considering we have so many different categories). I think the max slots we should offer to one member should be 5, to keep things from getting out of control.

I think Team leaders should get an automatic 5, seeing as they have the responsibility to lead their team to winning the War. Also, if we can introduce a sort of class system in a team (at least for the war) that would add interesting stuff. Like:

1-Team Leader
2-2 Generals (2nd in commands)
3-2 Lieutenants
4-Members

The Team Leader would have most control over the workings of the team, though he can consult his Generals and Lieutenants for advice. And for major things, he can hold a vote within the team. This sort of makes a democracy.

Not sure how the Team Slots and Class system will work together, but again, I'm just working on ideas.

Jack of Clovers
02-28-2005, 11:27 PM
in case anyone is still thinking differently, you can only trade Pokemon to other members, not money or items. so i guess you could say "oh, ill trade you my 20TM Dragonite for Magikarp to come on my team" lol.

i still don't like the draft idea too much but a game is a game. :neutral:

anyway, what sections are planned for war4? i'd like to get this out of the way.

~Jack~

MystiKal
02-28-2005, 11:36 PM
I think these are the ones we always have. I think we could use some more.

RP
NetBattle
Fanart
Other Trivia
Pokemon Trivia
Scavanger Hunt
URPG
Debates
FanFic

akdude
02-28-2005, 11:50 PM
I nominate Shane to be Team leader.

Also...I was wondering....Could we POSSIBLE add a new catagory to the WAR. One that doesn't deal with pkmn? Like...I don't know....A dueling catagory. It's hard not to make use of my talent. And I know there's a few people out there to do duel. They could use YVD or a real deck of YGO cards.

Caite-chan
03-01-2005, 12:04 AM
I feel loved. ^_^ xDD

Anyways...it sounds great. Something I might actully be good at...lol.

akdude
03-01-2005, 12:08 AM
I knew u'd like it Shane. How about it? Can yall TRY and give it a test drive? If he doesn't go well, it can be droped at anytime.

Ironshell Blastoise
03-01-2005, 12:14 AM
in case anyone is still thinking differently, you can only trade Pokemon to other members, not money or items. so i guess you could say "oh, ill trade you my 20TM Dragonite for Magikarp to come on my team" lol.

i still don't like the draft idea too much but a game is a game. :neutral:

anyway, what sections are planned for war4? i'd like to get this out of the way.

~Jack~

Yeah, I figured.

Anyway, we can come up with other things. Like maybe URPG money can be made into forum money to buy things. I noticed people like having huge sigs. Maybe earning money doing things will allow you to buy more space for a sig or something, lol. Or maybe a name change. This way, teams can offer a monetary amount to people, and it can unite the site into one.

Just another idea.

MystiKal
03-01-2005, 02:19 AM
Yeah and maybe you can ask for more posts but that seems kinda unfair to some people. But I like the idea of getting more sig space I could use some.

Ironshell Blastoise
03-01-2005, 02:27 AM
I was thinking a forum "currency" would be fun. Buy a new name. Buy a nametag (like the little comment under your name, like Admin, only it'd say something else). This would increase forum activity, I would assume. As well as help out the War.

I don't know what else besides the URPG and some smaller things that we could use currency. Maybe someone help me out here?

I'm also working out ways to make a Netbattle league for us...but it'll take time =\

Alakazam
03-01-2005, 03:02 AM
I'd like to get involved with the war this time around, especially if the teams are reforming.

HKim
03-01-2005, 12:49 PM
Well, Ryan doesn't tend to change limits and titles for competitions so I think that's out of the question.

I think it's best to let the team leaders decide the ranking system within their own team. After all, everyone has different styles of leadership and organization.

While the Draft System is the most popular, we need to figure out how to implement it. Now, I know we have the leaders choosing and slots as ideas already, but let's try to think of other ways members can be placed on to teams. The Draft System won't work if people end up on teams they don't like.

MystiKal
03-01-2005, 05:07 PM
Yeah but lets say someone is drafted to Nox, and they didn't want to go there. So there drafted again and end up on a diffrent team they dont like. So there gonna keep on switching untill they get on the team they want. Which I think is kinda unfair.

So I'm saying that if you dont like the one team your drafted on you may switch but once you switch once you have to stay with that team. This would help make is more fair this way.

TDD91
03-01-2005, 05:14 PM
I think after the draft, a limited number of trades could be made by each team. The leaders can ask if any members are unhappy with their posititions, and the can be put onto a Trade Block. (As in the NFL) Other teams can make offers for the players on the Block, and ultimately, the team with the best offer can take the player (If both teams agree and the players involve agree.)

Ironshell Blastoise
03-01-2005, 09:08 PM
I'm saying, the person getting drafted has to agree to the draft also. And I'm sure we'll have enough room on teams to get everyone on a team that they are happy with.

vellyvell
03-01-2005, 09:37 PM
i tink there should be a raffle for war team leaders, that way its a lil bit more far.

Ironshell Blastoise
03-01-2005, 09:43 PM
Fair, yes. Intelligent, no. Some people aren't made to be leaders :rolleyes:

And Netbattle needs to have a bigger role in the war

Matthew
03-01-2005, 10:24 PM
vellly... some people just were not meant to be a leader.... so no random drawing for leaders.

HKim
03-01-2005, 10:40 PM
Well, for the leader elections, we're going to try to make it as fair as possible. True, it is a popularity contest, but I think that if we set it up so that all the candidates have a bio, then everyone can see the qualities of each candidate and choose the best ones out of that.

Marill
03-01-2005, 10:46 PM
That sounds like a great plan, Mr. Kim. I can't wait to see the actual leader list -- it's awesome to see who has leadership capabilities.

Ironshell Blastoise
03-01-2005, 11:06 PM
Yeah, I'm thinking that if we do anything remotely similar to last year's map, the defending side should decide how to fight over that territory (URPG or Netbattle). This way, a team can't decide to not participate in Netbattle, and would create more team balance.

Of course, that wouldn't have to be the ONLY two ways to decide who will take over the location. We could do artwork or something. But NB and URPG are quicker and more fun, and I'm quite pro-NB for the war to begin with.

You know, more I think about it, war involves battling, I'm going for NB or URPG (decided by the defending team) to decide who takes a location.

Neo Emolga
03-01-2005, 11:34 PM
Yeah, I'm thinking that if we do anything remotely similar to last year's map, the defending side should decide how to fight over that territory (URPG or Netbattle). This way, a team can't decide to not participate in Netbattle, and would create more team balance.

Of course, that wouldn't have to be the ONLY two ways to decide who will take over the location. We could do artwork or something. But NB and URPG are quicker and more fun, and I'm quite pro-NB for the war to begin with.

You know, more I think about it, war involves battling, I'm going for NB or URPG (decided by the defending team) to decide who takes a location.

Well, we tried that last time and it didn't work since declaring attackers and defenders and actually getting people to meet up at the same time and battle was nearly impossible, quite likely the reason for the demise of War Season 3. Plus, war points lost so much of their value back then, and because of that, people were less willing to try and earn them. We can't have that happen again.

If you really want the map thing to be back in action, it's definitely going to have to be run in a much different way. I don't want what happened last time to happen all over again. Right now, out of all the ideas I have been thinking about, I still can't come up with a more reasonable and working system. There will be cases of people not showing up for battle, I can be almost certain of that.

Plus, we might need to lessen the number of terrorities so we don't find this war lasting forever and quickly losing its interest. Regardless of how many people want to see the map system used again, I still can't see a way of it working.

Tamer Marco
03-01-2005, 11:41 PM
I don't want maps and territories again. How about this: We all participate in the Role Play, and the new teams conquer certain landforms as we go along, making the,map a little more detailed. And alliances would be a big help in the war too. There isn't a very good way for maps to be apart of the war; it tore last years war apart.

MystiKal
03-01-2005, 11:56 PM
I wasn't a big fan of the map thing either because some teams were taken out of the war early on in the war which made it unfair to them.

HKim
03-02-2005, 12:46 AM
I nominate Shane to be Team leader.

Also...I was wondering....Could we POSSIBLE add a new catagory to the WAR. One that doesn't deal with pkmn? Like...I don't know....A dueling catagory. It's hard not to make use of my talent. And I know there's a few people out there to do duel. They could use YVD or a real deck of YGO cards.

I don't know. A lot of the war sections are pokemon based since this is a pokemon forum. The ones that aren't deal with general themes that everyone can relate to. Yugioh is only popular among a few members here and might not be an active section.

akdude
03-02-2005, 12:50 AM
Well It's worth a shot, I mean, I know there's a lot of others out there that do duel we just gotta find them. Can ya at least try on it...or when the leaders r selected have them vote?

Neo Emolga
03-02-2005, 12:54 AM
Well It's worth a shot, I mean, I know there's a lot of others out there that do duel we just gotta find them. Can ya at least try on it...or when the leaders r selected have them vote?

I'd have to side with Harry on this one. There may be some who would be interested but it's not fair to others who know nothing about YGO and can't possibly earn any points from it. Plus, they can't really be expected to know since like Harry said, this is a Pokemon forum.

akdude
03-02-2005, 01:02 AM
Well the debating isn't about pkmn. Nore is the scavenger hunt. And the Creative Writing isn't always about pkmn. I understand that this is a pkmn forum. I've been here for a while and I guessed that on the first day....I think...But still. This will also give those that cannot write, debate, or hunt for more points (i.e. myself). I saw think it over somemore, then vote on it.

Ironshell Blastoise
03-02-2005, 01:10 AM
Well, I like a map idea, just not as big and not as detailed. But I wasn't suggesting a map idea either, I was more giving a suggestion in case we used a map.

What did war 1 go around?

Neo Emolga
03-02-2005, 03:21 AM
Well the debating isn't about pkmn. Nore is the scavenger hunt. And the Creative Writing isn't always about pkmn. I understand that this is a pkmn forum. I've been here for a while and I guessed that on the first day....I think...But still. This will also give those that cannot write, debate, or hunt for more points (i.e. myself). I saw think it over somemore, then vote on it.

Well, debating, scavenger hunt and creative writing are more general topics like Harry already mentioned. They can be about anything, so there's really nothing wrong with them, and anyone can join in on them whenever they like. However, it's impossible for anyone to do this YGO section without knowing about YGO first. That's not going to be fair for members who want to be a part of as many sections as they can but can't join simply because they don't know about YGO.

Well, I like a map idea, just not as big and not as detailed. But I wasn't suggesting a map idea either, I was more giving a suggestion in case we used a map.

What did war 1 go around?

War Season 1 mainly focused on the collection of war points through each of the sections. After so many weeks, whoever had the most war points wins. It may sound basic but it's foolproof. The main problem is keeping judges active, which I hope the rotation will help and allow them to experience juding multiple sections over time rather than doing the same section for so many weeks.

Harry and I have been trying to think of a new system to make the war more unique, but it's still in a developmental stage. The map idea was a good start but it just didn't work.

Ironshell Blastoise
03-03-2005, 12:04 AM
Ok, well, I have an idea...

URPG and NB battles, can earn a team more points depending on the outcome.

Meaning, if a URPG battle is 3 on 3, if one side wins 3-0, then that side gets 3 points. If a NB game is 6 on 6, and the winner is 4-0, that team gets 4 points.

IDEA :happy:

Jack of Clovers
03-03-2005, 12:08 AM
first off-- no more maps/attacking other teams.

second off-- like alex said about drafting (too lazy to go back for his quote)
leaders draft who they want. if someone wants to go to another team, then leaders may trade with other teams for people that want on their team.
me on Nox, Bob on Trainer. Bob wants Nox, I want Trainer. team leaders agree to trade. Now... me on Trainer, Bob on Nox. allz happy.

third off-- dueling online would take longer than the URPG forum battles and if they finished in the same week they start, it'd be lucky.

fourth off-- why am i still using 'off'? :goofy:

fifth-- separate art. drawing and graphics. drawings can't compare to the graphic masters on this forum. that would create better/more competition.

sixth-- shouldn't the War Participation thread be announced over the forum. i know some people haven't seen it yet and it would also draw in more people that don't know about the war. :wink:

seventh-- four months to go before summer. hope it's ready.

~Jack~

Ironshell Blastoise
03-03-2005, 12:22 AM
Online Battling {NB} isn't that hard if you can spare 10 minutes to get on and battle.

Neo Emolga
03-03-2005, 12:33 AM
Ok, well, I have an idea...

URPG and NB battles, can earn a team more points depending on the outcome.

Meaning, if a URPG battle is 3 on 3, if one side wins 3-0, then that side gets 3 points. If a NB game is 6 on 6, and the winner is 4-0, that team gets 4 points.

IDEA :happy:

Well, the only problem with that is that makes URPG and NB battles worth much, much more than everything else if that many points are handed out.

Everything else would have to be worth like 10 points in order to balance it out. :tongue:

first off-- no more maps/attacking other teams.

You can definitely say adios to that. It's nearly impossible to have a working system that relies on activity. The point system works better since if you snooze, you lose. There is no reliance on anyone to have to be active, but it's in their own best interest to do so.

second off-- like alex said about drafting (too lazy to go back for his quote) leaders draft who they want. if someone wants to go to another team, then leaders may trade with other teams for people that want on their team. me on Nox, Bob on Trainer. Bob wants Nox, I want Trainer. team leaders agree to trade. Now... me on Trainer, Bob on Nox. allz happy.

Well, then we might as well just have new teams and just let everyone decide what team they want to go on rather than draft them. If you want to do that, it's fine, but then we would have to have some sort of limit on how many members each team can have, say 15. If all teams reach 15 members, then we can raise it to 20, and so on. However, if a team already has 15 members and another one doesn't, then those looking for a team are going to have to select another one. Of course, that's only if we decide to use that method.

third off-- dueling online would take longer than the URPG forum battles and if they finished in the same week they start, it'd be lucky.

That's pretty much another reason why we can't do that either.

fifth-- separate art. drawing and graphics. drawings can't compare to the graphic masters on this forum. that would create better/more competition.

Interesting suggestion. I'll talk it over with HKim and see what he thinks, but I can definitely see why that would be better.

sixth-- shouldn't the War Participation thread be announced over the forum. i know some people haven't seen it yet and it would also draw in more people that don't know about the war.

Honestly, most people have seen it already. If they haven't, that's likely a result from them not clicking on the teams board. Honestly, maybe it would be better to keep it that way rather than have people who are barely interested in the war start flocking in.

seventh-- four months to go before summer. hope it's ready.

Well, that's what we're here for. I'm sure by then we'll be ready.

Ironshell Blastoise
03-03-2005, 01:25 AM
If we allow trades, it should be limited to like 4 proposed AND accepted trades per team.

HKim
03-03-2005, 01:33 AM
Actually, a separation of the art section would work, but only if there is enough participation. Perhaps we can try it out at the start of the war and if their aren't enough submissions, we'll recombine the two areas.

As for advertising the war, I think it's a great idea. We won't make it as important as an announcement, but I do think a calendar event would work. I mean, it's true, it might attract one-shot members, but perhaps it will even get them involved in the war so that they stay to become long term members.

It's true, the map system didn't work and probably wouldn't work for the war. The point system is all that we really have left, but perhaps there can be other ways of implementing it. I'm sure that if we all think about it, we can come up with another unique idea.

Lep, I take it that you want to stick with the Leader Picking idea rather than the Slots Idea?

Ironshell Blastoise
03-03-2005, 01:58 AM
I like leader picking and slots...

here's how it goes:

We have the nominees in, and we pick the 6 new Team Leaders. They make a team, and the rest of the members get put into the drafting pool.

This is how the hypothetical situation would go:

Team 1
Team 2
Team 3
Team 4
Team 5
Team 6

For the sake of simplicity purposes, they will pick in order.

ok, now we have the member pool (remember, purely hypothetical, don't call me out on details).

Player 1
Player 2
Player 3
Player 4

etc until Player 18

Now, there are a maximum of 24 Team Slots per team, all to be used in total in these HYPOTHETICAL categories:

Netbattle
URPG
Debate
Art
Scavenger

Ok, so the 18 players have "signed-up" for the draft in the other thread. I'm suggesting they post what they are good at, and possibly provide a way to prove that (like link to your URPG stats or whatnot, if you're good at URPG). For this example, they should only list 3 strengths, for which they would be picked by a team.

So, the draft begins. The Team Leaders decide how they want to balance out their team the best, while still having people with skill in those categories.

So Team Leader 1 wants a good Netbattler, and he knows that Player 2 is a good Netbattler. He can offer Player 2 2 Team Slots (2 for Netbattle. He will be allowed to battle Twice per week (if we do turns) or is allowed 2x the Netbattle privelages (however we do the War, remember, I'm only giving an example, especially since I don't know exactly how the War will be conducted). Team Leader 1 knows he wants a good Netbattler, but has the long term goal of having a balanced team in mind, so he doesn't offer too much, when he might can get a decent battler for the same offer. But, Team Leader 2 also might know Player 2 is good at Netbattle, and he is SURE he wants Player 2, he could offer Player 2 3 Team Slots (2 or 3 for Netbattle, or maybe just one, and the other slots can be used to participate in other parts of the war). Now, Player 2 has to decide if he wants to go to Team 1 or Team 2. He can take the logically better offer, or he can take the "smart" offer. Of course, it all depends on who the leaders are, and what their goals are. But then, of course, this is only an idea generator.

Basically, this would go on. We should count the number of TOTAL members interested in the War before doing Team Slots and then set a cap for each team. With Team Slots, not all teams will have to have the same amount of people, but they will HOPEFULLY have the same amount of positions filled. So Team 3 could have a crapload of people only serving one purpose, while Team 1 could have only a few people serving multiple purposes for the team. We should set the cap of Slots per user to like 3, so people don't get so overpowered and greedy. The teams would also be allowed to trade slots between their members. Meaning, if Player 1 and 2 were on Team 1, and Player 1 had 2 Slots for NB, and Player 2 had a slot for URPG and Debate, and Player 1 really wanted to join the debate, Player 2 and Player 1 could trade Slot positions, just as long as the team leader was aware of the switch.

Also, to address the inter-team trading, there should be a cap on how many trades can be offered from team to team. Meaning, each team can only offer other teams 4 trades in total or something. Therefore, the draft wont be comlpletely useless, but the teams won't be set in stone once drafted.

We should also have some sort of War Currency. We can start out with a set amount, and certain categories to participate in will cost a set amount of money. Similar to Poker, whoever wins that competition gets the money for their team. When Teams run out of Money, they are out of the War. This would add strategic planning to the game. So, if a team only had like $500 left, they wouldn't want to risk that money on something they weren't sure they could win. And to prevent stalling, all teams should be forced to participate in a set amount of competitions each week or whatever. With the Money, the teams could also buy "items" or even more slots or something. Kind like how we picked Pokemon to help us War 3, only it would be a team item or something. We could also have a lottery or whatnot, so a team could gamble like 500 points and get a "ticket" made in a randomizer. Of course, a non-Team affiliated War Leader would have the winning code, and the winner at the end of the week or whatever would get all the money that was gambled.

If there are any major holes you see, point them out and I'll try to explain. And again, any set amounts I put in the above are just there for explaination purposes. Have a nice read, and I hope this cleared up some things.

HKim
03-03-2005, 02:21 AM
Well Khold, you certainly are... detailed.

I don't like how the slots limit the number of sections you can participate in. Even if you can buy more as the war progresses, that still will limit the teams that don't have a great start. The war is based on participation and we don't want to restrict it.

I do like the idea of a kind of store like we used in Season 3. Whether or not that can be used for Season 4 remains to be seen. I suppose once we figure out the system, we can figure out if we can use a store or not.

Finally, I don't like the idea of gambling. In the war, everyone has an equal chance of winning points for his or her team using their best skills. The problem is that gambling will give more emphasis to certain sections. Members who are proficient at the sections left out will feel unneeded and therefore not participate.

Ironshell Blastoise
03-03-2005, 02:26 AM
Gambling would be a whole separate section, and wouldn't be necessary. If a team wants to try to risk winning more money without having to compete, that'd be the way to do it.

Also, an upkeep of sorts could help. Every "turn" or something, each team could get a set amount of money (kinda like M:tG or Monopoly, if you think about it).

MystiKal
03-03-2005, 02:30 AM
I for one love the idea of War Currency idea it can help out in a lot of ways and make this next war more unique.

Neo Emolga
03-03-2005, 04:42 AM
Okay, Harry and I have been talking, and so far we've decided on this. Everyone will be allowed to vote for 6 members who they think would make great Team Leaders. The only catch is that members who have already been a Team Leader for War Season 3 can not be voted in. That means HKim, Kenny_C, Raddstealth, rust, Kamon, Ruben, Techno Treecko, and lil_leprachaun33. This would be meant to prevent the same or very similar teams to be created once again.

How does everyone else feel about this?

HKim
03-03-2005, 04:46 AM
Like Neo said, I think that this is a good way to create new and exciting teams. The leaders are all wonderful members that have determination, but perhaps it's time to pass on the torch to another generation and see what they can do. After all, if we want to make this like Season 1, we need to turn back to the basics, including team creation.

Lord Celebi
03-03-2005, 01:22 PM
Okay, Harry and I have been talking, and so far we've decided on this. Everyone will be allowed to vote for 6 members who they think would make great Team Leaders. The only catch is that members who have already been a Team Leader for War Season 3 can not be voted in. That means HKim, Kenny_C, Raddstealth, rust, Kamon, Ruben, Techno Treecko, and lil_leprachaun33. This would be meant to prevent the same or very similar teams to be created once again.

NOOO! I like being leader.

If I must though, its fine with me.

akdude
03-03-2005, 02:57 PM
See, had yall asked a few more quesitons OR READ the whole thing. I did mention YVD. Yu-Gi-Oh Vertual Desktop. U can create decks and use it there. And who said anything about using the forum to duel? I was gonna suggest using a messenger. It's a lot better. And quicker. But since yall said no, then ok.....

Phoenix004
03-03-2005, 04:03 PM
It's true, the map system didn't work and probably wouldn't work for the war. The point system is all that we really have left, but perhaps there can be other ways of implementing it. I'm sure that if we all think about it, we can come up with another unique idea.

I think I'm probably one of the only people who thought the map system was a good idea, but since it didn't really seem to work, I guess you're right Harry. If possible however, I'd like to try something else rather than the basic Point System to make it more interesting.

I'd say that's probably for the best, but I will miss most of the old leaders. Still, I guess there are still lots of cool members to vote for. Will we vote here or will a separate thread be set up?

Lord Celebi
03-03-2005, 08:40 PM
I just had this idea in school, but if we replace the leaders, and put new ones up, a lot of them will be clueless on what to do. So what if the former were Co-Leaders for the team they were drafted to? That way, the new leaders have a kind-of mentor.

Caite-chan
03-03-2005, 08:47 PM
People who are new to the WAR would be clueless but, people who have been in it wouldn't.

Ironshell Blastoise
03-03-2005, 08:48 PM
I don't see why they wouldn't be allowed to be drafted to begin with... :silenced:

MystiKal
03-03-2005, 09:30 PM

I like the idea as long as we can find some active leaders willing to work for there team.

Jack of Clovers
03-03-2005, 10:41 PM

i was only leader because Dux was away most of the time. i don't remember ''leading'' my team anywhere, except maybe to a dead end in a maze where we resorted to cannibalism and mass hysteria. lol.

that's fine, do what ya want with the teams. Team Elite wasn't making any comebacks this summer anyway. mostly because of lack of member support. but partially because i don't know whether i'll participate or not. didn't i say the this before season 3? ...... :neutral:

~Jack~

TMTS
03-04-2005, 01:16 AM

:clap: :clap: :clap:
Yes! Very good idea! I'd give the war a fresh new feel...

and why do we capitolize "WAR"? Is it an acranymn? (don't question my spelling abilities...

Ironshell Blastoise
03-04-2005, 02:24 AM
Well, how about your grammar?

MystiKal
03-04-2005, 03:17 AM
I think it would be a good idea to create a sub forum in the mixed groups/clubs board. So we could have all the war discussion there and post all the groups and teams there. It would help unclog this board also.

paperfairy
03-04-2005, 04:30 AM
:clap: :clap: :clap:

and why do we capitolize "WAR"? Is it an acranymn? (don't question my spelling abilities...

Nope. We just do. See?

WAR WAR WAR

Anyways, I like the new team feeling... but I have one other questions. Can OLD OLD teams be this War? Like Air-Force, Neutrailise, Rocket...

-PF

Thoughts: Rocket..

EDIT: This has been killing me, but one of the original WAR Leaders is still here. Rocket= 3rd team. I started TR. Wake up and smell the decaf, low-cal, soy MochaChino

I go so unoticed....

AND, Nate started the WAR, back when he was a newbie.

The WAR starting quote:

OMG! Let's all go to war with Aqua! YEAH!

-PF

Neo Emolga
03-04-2005, 05:05 AM
I'd say that's probably for the best, but I will miss most of the old leaders. Still, I guess there are still lots of cool members to vote for. Will we vote here or will a separate thread be set up?

Most likely a seperate thread. We'll probably create it soon.

WAR actually stands for World Assault Revolution.

Actually, I'm just kidding about that. It's just capitalized so people know what we're talking about, and not some other "war." It would fit nicely though...

As for bringing back old teams, I'd leave them out. I'm sure people would really want to see new and fresh teams come forward, and not just revive ones that were really old.

Raddstealth316
03-04-2005, 03:57 PM
Not being a team leader is fine by me. To be honest even if I was nominated I would have refused because I want to be an ordinary member for a change :tongue:

Channel Delibird
03-04-2005, 04:22 PM
With this nominating-possible-team-leaders thing, do you have to pick from a bunch of people who volunteer for the job or is it absolutely anyone?

Ironshell Blastoise
03-04-2005, 07:14 PM
Well, don't nominate anyone, nominate someone you think would make a good leader. Only known restriction is that they couldn't have been Team Leaders before

Channel Delibird
03-04-2005, 07:18 PM
I kinda figured that. :rolleyes: What I'm trying to say is what happens if people we vote for don't want to be a team leader?

FinalThunder
03-04-2005, 08:13 PM
I don't how the war thing works.

Is it like competitions in different areas where teams fight and win and at the end one team will win?

Ironshell Blastoise
03-04-2005, 08:56 PM
I kinda figured that. :rolleyes: What I'm trying to say is what happens if people we vote for don't want to be a team leader?

They can decline :happy:

Marill
03-04-2005, 09:38 PM
Well, as the new theme running rampant throughout the WAR is new ideas, I guess this is another round of it. I like it, though I really wanted to be under the direction of Raddstealth or HKim. v_v; Oh well. It's alright. The refreshing effect this will have will be interesting to watch. ^__^;

Caite-chan
03-05-2005, 05:28 PM
If were gonna do something we should start by picking leaders and teams and then work from there.

HKim
03-05-2005, 05:48 PM
If were gonna do something we should start by picking leaders and teams and then work from there.

Well, I want to go over the team selection a bit more. A lot of people mentioned slots, but what are we going to do with the people who aren't offered anything? Plus, what about the people that join during the war?

Ironshell Blastoise
03-05-2005, 06:10 PM
This is why we have like 4 months before the war starts.

Sign ups should begin and the draft should last about a month, giving people ample time to get situated. If we get new members, well, I really think the war should be a closed circuit this year. Meaning, once the original draft is done, teams are finalized, and only trading can commence. And I think each team should have a quota they have to fill (like at least 10 people or something). If we have enough slots in total, then we shouldn't have problems with people not getting on a team they like.

MystiKal
03-06-2005, 01:22 AM
Yeah I agree we shouldn't let anyone join the war after it starts this will help cause less confusion. Also I love the of trading it sounds like it would work out great.

HKim
03-06-2005, 02:05 AM
Well, the thing is that a lot of people join the forum during the summer. They'll see that we have a major event and they'll want to join too. Like I said, the war is based upon participation and to deny entrance to members would be detrimental.

Fair does have an idea for letting members in during the war. I'll let him post it.

[Fair]
03-06-2005, 03:46 AM
Ok, well, if the drafting idea sticks around, the way we can deal with people who want to join the WAR midseason is by having a "Mini Draft". Let's say that there's 6 teams, and 3 people who want to join the WAR. Those 3 people would have to wait for 3 more people, (So There's 6 Total) then the "Mini Draft" will begin. The team with the least points gets to pick first, and we go from there - least points to most. That way, teams who are behind can have a chance at picking the better people.

MystiKal
03-06-2005, 04:01 AM
Very good idea Fair that should work out perfectly.

Channel Delibird
03-06-2005, 06:37 AM
Agreed - that'll work perfectly. Now, we need to finalise exactly how the draft will work...

HKim
03-06-2005, 06:44 AM
Okay, the old war leaders had a discussion about the war and we talked about the possibility of the Mystery System.

Mystery System

Basically, the leader of the pokemon world is assassinated causing chaos. The rest of the world splits into different factions, each fighting various reasons and domination. In the midst of all this, several suspects emerge in the case. The teams must not only figure out who killed the leader, but also capture the suspect and bring him/her to justice. Only the team with the evidence of murder and the suspect can win the game.

Of course, the suspects won't simply stay in one place for interrogation. No, they'll be moving each turn (each week) to a different location in the pokemon world. A team can track and capture a suspect, but only by using Detectives. Capturing a suspect will give you more details on that person, but any other team can use Secret Agents to copy this information or capture that imprisoned suspect.

The team can figure out who killed the leader through a kind of point-market system. Descriptions about the suspects and clues can be bought using points earned in the sections. Each suspect has a different motive for killing the leader and the teams have to figure out which one did it.

The market will also allow teams to hire Detectives and Secret Agents. The more personnel you hire, the better the chances are of succeeding the missions you send them on.

Also, the Mystery System creates a roleplaying plot for the war. While yes, there was a murder, the teams are also fighting for domination. This system gives a reason for the teams existence.

Fair has suggested that the PE2K Times include a small update about the murder investigation. This update might contain clues that we give out to all teams to help solve the case.

This is just an idea. We don't know whether the personnel should cost money on a turn-basis or simply pay them up-front when hired. None of this is set in stone of course, so we would like your opinions and suggestions.

Channel Delibird
03-06-2005, 10:45 AM
While fitting with everything else that's already been agreed upon, that idea is new, manageable, and probably a lot of fun to do. I'm all for this Mystery System.

Phoenix004
03-06-2005, 12:01 PM
I agree. The Mystery System sounds fun and not too complicated for anyone to understand. I'm all for it!

JohtoTrainer
03-06-2005, 12:59 PM
Addressing the Members Joining During the War Topic, how about a Free Agent Pool. There will be a thread that says Free Agent Pool, members joining during the war, sign up. Their name is put on the first page of that thread. Then Teams negotiate with the person and the person decides on which team to join. Just like in sports. Loads of fun.

Marill
03-06-2005, 03:15 PM
Well, the only probelm with that, is some teams might become inbalanced -- causing some to have an unfair advantage. That's the reason why Fair initiated the Mini Draft for later. Sort of a second drafting sequence. And, I like the fact that those members have to wait on others to join -- most likely prompting them to go and recruit more people to participate.

Now, onto the Mystery System. It sounds very cool -- I'm a sucker for all things detective and spy-like (Cased Closed/Detective Conan, Alias). The only thing I would like to see made more elaborate (which I know will be, as this is only a very brief overview) would be the Pokťmon World Leader's background and biography, and the justification as to why the world would split thereafter his murder. That's the only thing, since everything else seems to be taken well control of.

Now, two questions (one because I'm a dunce, the other for clarification):

1. The Detectives/Spy Agents are REAL War Participants, correct? If so, why not incorporate a point-system into the draft/trade process? I believe this has been mentioned before, but here we go: All teams start out with X amount of points. They have to spend their points drafting one person and/or trading, until the entire selection has finished. The remaining points could be divided by a number (such as 2/3/4) and those left over could be in the Team's Savings Account to spend on the Mystery and such.

2. Will the Team that solves the mystery have to have the most points as well? I mean, two teams solve it at the same time... Which one would win? The team with the most points still leftover?

Ironshell Blastoise
03-06-2005, 04:13 PM
Ok, I'm lost with the whole "Mystery System". I'm not seeing how it functions :confused:

paperfairy
03-06-2005, 05:14 PM
Agreed. I'm a bit lost. However, that could be because I'm half-awake right now...

*falls asleep on desk on drools on PC, causing it to short-circuit*

NO!! Don't leave me now!!!

*cries*

About the not lettting people join in middle, I like that. No newbies with 5 posts, joining and leaving. :cool:

-PF

Thoughts: My computer!!! O-o

Marill
03-06-2005, 06:00 PM
Well, I think most of your confusion might stem from the lack of elaboration thus far, as this theme is still in its construction stage. Therefore, I think if you just give it time, HKim will let you see more into it, thereby erasing your bewilderment.

MystiKal
03-06-2005, 06:39 PM
Yeah I love the Mystery System idea it sounds great hopefully it will make a great Role Play.

[Fair]
03-06-2005, 07:00 PM
Well, the only probelm with that, is some teams might become inbalanced -- causing some to have an unfair advantage. That's the reason why Fair initiated the Mini Draft for later. Sort of a second drafting sequence. And, I like the fact that those members have to wait on others to join -- most likely prompting them to go and recruit more people to participate. Yup, by making people wait, we could also scare off anybody who might've been planning to join the WAR and only stick around for a day or two. By doing it this way, only people who are serious about playing in the WAR will stick around.

Now, onto the Mystery System. It sounds very cool -- I'm a sucker for all things detective and spy-like (Cased Closed/Detective Conan, Alias). The only thing I would like to see made more elaborate (which I know will be, as this is only a very brief overview) would be the Pokťmon World Leader's background and biography, and the justification as to why the world would split thereafter his murder. That's the only thing, since everything else seems to be taken well control of. Well, Kim and I do have someone in mind for the leader... I thought that if this Mystery System does go forward, and enough people are for it, a week or two before the WAR starts, we could release a story that will set the stage. It'll explain not only who this leader is, but also who the prime suspects are. The suspects will make sense, too. A few possibilities that Kim and I considered are the leader's ex-wife (The leader divorced her before he ran for office, and now she has nothing.), the leader's second in command (This suspect knows that if the leader is killed, he'll become the new person in charge.), the person who ran against the leader in the last election (This suspect is still mad about losing.), the person in charge of the military (This suspect knew that if the leader is killed, a WAR will start, which is good for him.), just to name a few...

Heh, if you really want to know who the leader and the suspects are, I could tell you, but I think it would be a nice surprise if these small details were kept secret until the WAR begins.

1. The Detectives/Spy Agents are REAL War Participants, correct? If so, why not incorporate a point-system into the draft/trade process? I believe this has been mentioned before, but here we go: All teams start out with X amount of points. They have to spend their points drafting one person and/or trading, until the entire selection has finished. The remaining points could be divided by a number (such as 2/3/4) and those left over could be in the Team's Savings Account to spend on the Mystery and such. Well, the impression that I got after talking to Mr. HKim last night is that the Detectives/Spy Agents wouldn't be real WAR participants. You'd hire them using the points you've won, and tell them what to do. The success of their actions could be determined by a dice roll - D&D style.

2. Will the Team that solves the mystery have to have the most points as well? I mean, two teams solve it at the same time... Which one would win? The team with the most points still leftover? Well, the way that this is going to be done, I don't think it's possible for two teams to solve the mystery at the same time. Heh, maybe I should clarify what Kim said a little...

This game will be played kind of like Clue. A map system will be used, but it won't be as complicated or demanding as it was in Season 3. Every city in the Pokťmon world will be open for travel, just like in last season. But each team can only go to one city at a time. Now, the goal of the teams is to move to a city on the map where a suspect is currently at. By doing this, they'll capture that suspect, and they can interrogate him/her to get more information about where he/she was when the leader was killed.

If a team leaves the city where a suspect was hiding, they set the suspect free, and he/she will now be moved to a random location in the map. The team can now travel the map too, looking for other suspects.

We could also add clues to the map. Things like documents belonging to the suspects, phone records, video tapes, audio recordings, or even murder weapons. Now, unlike the suspects, clues can be duplicated, and teams can take them with. Clue locations will always stay the same.

Another way we could utilize the map is through the things suspects say during interrogation. Let's say Team A captures Suspect C. Suspect C tells Team A that he couldn't have killed the leader - he was at a Club in Goldenrod City when it happened. Team A can now release the suspect and travel to Goldenrod to see if Suspect C was telling the truth. If he was, then Team A knows that Suspect C didn't do it. If Suspect C was lying, then Team A will know that he's hiding something.

To win the game, a team has to find enough clues/evidence to prove that a suspect killed the leader, and they must also capture the suspect. So, let's say that Team B has enough to prove that Suspect E did it. Team B now has to hunt Suspect E down. But, since the suspects move to a random location after being captured, tracking Suspect E could be hard. So, Team B can hire a detective to find him.

Now let's say that the detective tells Team B that Suspect E is currently being interrogated by our old friends Team A. Team B can either wait for Team A to release him, or they could hire a spy to kidnap Suspect E.

Of course, spies and detectives could be used for other things, too... These are just a couple of examples.

Wow, I've written a lot! Heh, I hope I didn't confuse you even more! :biggrin:

Tamer San
03-06-2005, 07:20 PM
Actually you did already Fair T_T
I am so confused now, I am not sure what is this war all about anymore...

Marill
03-06-2005, 08:00 PM
I think... I think... I think I get it. It's going to take a while to digest, but it seems like a cool new plot, unlike all other seasons. If we can just get everyone on the same page, then we'll be good to go. I like it, but like I said, it's going to take a while for everyone to figure it out. Otherwise, good work!

03-06-2005, 09:12 PM
Just to clarify...

When you found the person who did it, would that team win the war or would there be some sort of point bonus that that team would get? Would the sloving of the mystery mean the end of the season? Because if it was figured out by the second week you'd be pretty screwed :neutral:

HKim
03-06-2005, 09:26 PM
Heh, Fair and I added our own ideas from what we discussed in the chat, but that's okay because Fair's ideas are excellent.

Fair, is right, Detectives and Spys are used for improving the chance of a mission being successful.

I also like his idea about using documents and clues. They can range from a single footprint to a letter from one person to another. There are so many ways that this can be done that the possibilities are endless.

Of course, the War Leaders can put together the mystery. Well, the ones that aren't team leaders anyway. This allows the war leaders to participate in the sections where the clues don't matter. Fair and I have a pretty interesting plot in mind and we can develop it later on.

Plus, things become even more interesting when you add diplomatic intrigue. After all, teams can share clues, but they must realize that the team could have tampered with those clues or not given the full picture. It's up to the team of course whether to try and work together with someone else or not.

Now, I don't know about a team releasing the subject after they move, but perhaps we can also make that a random chance. The suspect can escape based on how many detectives assigned to him. The team now has the choice whether to focus their resources on holding onto their suspect or gathering more clues.

Clues can also be about the location of the suspect. The suspect will be in the pokemon world, but can only travel between connected cities (refer to the map used in Season 3). So, if one team that enters Pewter City may discover that Suspect #3 was there during Week 4. From that point, they know that he could only then move onto Cerulean or Viridian on Week 5.

Finally, as for victory, the team must have the evidence and the suspect the evidence points to. The team can then PM one of the War Leaders with the evidence. The leader can then say: Yes, you got him or No, that's not right. No can mean many different things such as it wasn't the right person, or that the evidence doesn't convict that person of murder. The team will then have to figure out what they did wrong giving the other teams a chance. So Dani, just to answer your question, the team needs evidence to convict that person of murder. The evidence is scattered around the pokemon world so it will take awhile for a team to get all the details.

MystiKal
03-06-2005, 09:55 PM
This is getting to be just like the board game Clue which rocks since that game is great.

Lord Celebi
03-06-2005, 10:06 PM
I'm so glad that people are going with my idea. I also have another suggestion;
Torture Devices. A team can buy these with points, and give them to an interragator or spy, and it will increase their chances of getting correct information. Now, I'd like to integrate this into a dice system sort-of. So, I'll explain my idea, and explain where the torture devices play in.
You Need to roll a 1 or 4 to get correct Information.
If you roll a 2 or 5, you get half-correct info.
If you roll 3 or 6, he lies to you.
But, the roller doesn't tell you what you rolled :P
Per Each torture device you buy, you get a number. 1 Device gets you 1,2, and 4. 2 Devices gets you all those numbers and 5. 3 deivces gets you 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5. And If you have 4 Devices, he tells the truth. Each deivice is 3 Points.
Also, a team can buy Handcuffs for 20 points, which enables them to capture the person, and you can trade him with other teams for information or points.
-
Now, here's another idea.
Each team will starts with one vital clue that you need to win. If you don't get that clue, then you need to complete some really hard task forsome guy who you meet on the street. He will give you correct information if you accomplish the task. You can trade information with teams, though all of it doesn't have to be true, for a certain amount of points.

Marill
03-06-2005, 10:27 PM
Well, first off, can anyone link me to a War Season 3 Map?

Second, rolling of a dice -- is there a program that we can use? I mean, many people may claim bias or cheating going on. So... is there?

Tamer Marco
03-06-2005, 10:42 PM
We could use the program that NP used in his last RP to determin if you got the virus or not, but its not reliable and I forgot about it.

Lord Celebi
03-06-2005, 10:57 PM
Well, first off, can anyone link me to a War Season 3 Map?
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2767

[Fair]
03-06-2005, 11:10 PM
I'm so glad that people are going with my idea. I also have another suggestion;
Torture Devices. A team can buy these with points, and give them to an interragator or spy, and it will increase their chances of getting correct information. Now, I'd like to integrate this into a dice system sort-of. So, I'll explain my idea, and explain where the torture devices play in.
You Need to roll a 1 or 4 to get correct Information.
If you roll a 2 or 5, you get half-correct info.
If you roll 3 or 6, he lies to you.
But, the roller doesn't tell you what you rolled :P
Per Each torture device you buy, you get a number. 1 Device gets you 1,2, and 4. 2 Devices gets you all those numbers and 5. 3 deivces gets you 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5. And If you have 4 Devices, he tells the truth. Each deivice is 3 Points.
Also, a team can buy Handcuffs for 20 points, which enables them to capture the person, and you can trade him with other teams for information or points. Torture devices might be just a wee bit too extreme, rust. I mean, this is a Pokťmon forum, you know!

Each team will starts with one vital clue that you need to win. If you don't get that clue, then you need to complete some really hard task forsome guy who you meet on the street. He will give you correct information if you accomplish the task. You can trade information with teams, though all of it doesn't have to be true, for a certain amount of points. I like the idea of each team having a unique clue...

Marill - Doesn't AIM have a chat room dice rolling feature? The WAR leaders could get a team (Or at least the team's leader.) into a chat room, and do the dice roll there. That way, you know there's no cheating going on. Oh, and here's that map you ordered... Click Me! (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2767) (NOW WHERE'S MY TIP? HUH? HUH? Or a cookie'll do, I suppose... :wink:)

EDIT: Dang it, rust! You beat me to it! I guess you get the cookie...

Lord Celebi
03-06-2005, 11:16 PM
']Torture devices might be just a wee bit too extreme, rust. I mean, this is a Pokťmon forum, you know!

I like the idea of each team having a unique clue...

Have you seen the RP? There's a lot more than AK47s there...

[Fair]
03-06-2005, 11:40 PM
Have you seen the RP? There's a lot more than AK47s there... I try to stay away from RPs - I'm not good at them. Especially the WAR RP. I mean, whoooo... Some of you RPers are crazy good at what you do.

Lord Celebi
03-07-2005, 12:18 AM
']I try to stay away from RPs - I'm not good at them. Especially the WAR RP. I mean, whoooo... Some of you RPers are crazy good at what you do.
I'm so crazy, I was banned, lol.

Anyways, do you agree with Torture (Or Interigation) Devices?

[Fair]
03-07-2005, 12:58 AM
I'm so crazy, I was banned, lol.

Anyways, do you agree with Torture (Or Interigation) Devices? Eh... I dunno... Couldn't we make it something happier? Like...high five devices? Or...peanut butter and jelly devices? Or...if they really must have some kind of pain involved, how about paper cut devices? :wink:

Tamer Marco
03-07-2005, 01:37 AM
']Eh... I dunno... Couldn't we make it something happier? Like...high five devices? Or...peanut butter and jelly devices? Or...if they really must have some kind of pain involved, how about paper cut devices? :wink:How about we bring back the Dole Mart, and work from there. The torturing devices could be 'I tickle you Elmo"'s. :D

Lord Celebi
03-07-2005, 02:02 AM
']Eh... I dunno... Couldn't we make it something happier? Like...high five devices? Or...peanut butter and jelly devices? Or...if they really must have some kind of pain involved, how about paper cut devices? :wink:
You're kidding me, right? Now, who would talk to a Paper Cut? They're just names. I'll think of nicer things;
rust's Rusty Market
Torture Devices
Holder-1 Point
Holds the Suspect Down. Torture Devices cannot be used until this is bought. Unlimited Use
Knife-4 Points A
Stab the suspect until they speak
Pollen Container-1 Points S
Suspects Allergic to Pollen cannot stand this without a tissue, but won't speak until he has a tissue
Peanuts-1 Points S
Suspects Allergic to Pollen cannot stand this without a the antidote, but won't speak until he has the antidote
Big Macs-1 Point S
Suspects trying to lose weight will not be able to stand this unless there is a toilet nearby to vomit in, and won't speak until they find the toilet
Peanut Antidote-1 Point per Peanut Eaten S
Porta-Potty-1 Point Per Big Mac Eaten S
Tissue Box-1 Point Per Pollen Bottle Delivered
Use these Items to cure a suspect of food or pollen
Uncle Rusty's Chili Peppers, EXTRA HOT-4 Points A
These Here Chili Peppers are Hot!
Alligator Clips-4 Points A
Clip these to the suspect to pinch them to the truth
Letter Opener-4 Points A
STAB STAB STAB!
Double Roll Torture Devices
A Scary Movie-6 Points A
Those with a weak heart cannot stand this scary movie
Barney Theme Song-5 Points S
Those who believe Barney is Devil Music will be more likely to tell the truth
Empty Punching Bag-6 Points A
Lock him up, and punch at it a few times!
Sad Puppy Dog Story-5 Points S
Now who can resist really developed puppies suffocating to death in a plastic bag?
Monopoly Roll Torture Devices
Gun-14 Points A
Shoot em in the shins!
Michael Jackson Pictured Contacts-12 Points A
Whoever thinks Mike Jackson is scary will have his image in their eyes until removed by the person who put them there
Handcuffs-20 Points Per Prisoner
Capture the suspect to trade him with other teams or question him further
Memrobilia
rust Action Figure-1 Point
Bionicle Tub-1 Point

Legend
A=Always Works
S=Specialty

What I was thinking was that each Suspect has a bio, which lists allergies, are they self-conscious about weight, does Mike Jackson Scare them, etc. So some would work no matter what, but are more expensive

Ironshell Blastoise
03-07-2005, 04:25 AM

This is more complicated than I would hope for. All the "gidgets and gizmos" like from Season 3 kind of pop into my head. Good ideas, yes, but people will get tired of this theme after 3-4 weeks. Too much substance=more complication=less interest over time. Just look at Season 3 and you'll know.

And I still don't understand this concept anyway. How does it work with the competitions (URPG, NB, debates, etc)?

HKim
03-07-2005, 09:20 AM
rust, as much as I enjoy your participation, I think that your item suggestion will make the War Season a bit too complex for everyone including myself. The War Leaders will be the ones calculating everything and to have that many items would keep us pressing our buttons on the calculator for weeks.

The sections fit into the mystery idea as a way to earn points. Points will be used to hire Detectives and Secret Agents. They might also be used to find extra clues though we haven't discussed that yet.

Neo Emolga
03-07-2005, 01:12 PM
Phew, leave for a day due to a fever and a whole bunch of stuff happensÖ

Okay, I looked a few pages back trying to understand what the Mystery System is all about and I have a feel for what it may involve, but I still donít understand it perfectly. Something tells me I missed out on a pretty big AIM conversation last nightÖ

For one thing, Iím not really for War Points being spent as currency, especially if the things you buy with them have a chance of failure or arenít worth much. People work hard for these points, for them to be lost on trivial things decreases their value, which causes problems when we want activity in each of the sections. Itís pretty much one of the major factors that killed Season 3. If anything, let points grant access to certain abilities or whatever, rather than be used up and disappear.

And Khold is right on this one. After a few weeks, people are going to get pretty tired of this, hence its better not to have too much substance and to keep it simple. Already people are confused as to how this is really going to work, and that same confusion that is happening now is going to hit again when new members try to understand the idea. I hate turning down ideas and causing disappointment, but I really donít want to go through with something that could possibly result in the same disaster that befell Season 3. Again, letís not be too eager to jump into this kind of thing without first examining the pros and cons of it.

And truthfully, letís not have Season 4 run more than 10 weeks. Yes, I know HKim was against my original suggestion of this, but we really canít have it run longer than that and still be exciting. Not even the Olympics last that long. Thereís really no reason why we need to keep this running for so long that people become utterly sick of it over time. It's better to end it after some time and get people to look forward to the next season rather than keep it going for way too long.

Lord Celebi
03-07-2005, 04:13 PM
rust, as much as I enjoy your participation, I think that your item suggestion will make the War Season a bit too complex for everyone including myself. The War Leaders will be the ones calculating everything and to have that many items would keep us pressing our buttons on the calculator for weeks.

The sections fit into the mystery idea as a way to earn points. Points will be used to hire Detectives and Secret Agents. They might also be used to find extra clues though we haven't discussed that yet.
*Raises Hand*
*Plays Tape in that says 'Who Has Time? rust has Time!' Over and over*
Stuff
The thing is, I also find it confusing to read, because most of it is scattered among 3-4 pages, and you don;t know what's what. I think when this is in the rules, it will be a lot easier to read.
The War points, yes have a chance of failure in the shop, but increasue your chances of getting the truth.
I don't know why anyone would get tired, reason being I don't.
As long as we have a war VL, I'm happy.
And I still don't understand this concept anyway. How does it work with the competitions (URPG, NB, debates, etc)?
You earn points there, and spend them on goodies.

03-07-2005, 04:36 PM
So Dani, just to answer your question, the team needs evidence to convict that person of murder. The evidence is scattered around the pokemon world so it will take awhile for a team to get all the details.

:neutral:

But you didn't answer my question, I asked wether or not that if you found the person the entire war would end and you would win or if you would recieve some kind of point bonus for getting it right.

Lord Celebi
03-07-2005, 06:17 PM
:neutral:

But you didn't answer my question, I asked wether or not that if you found the person the entire war would end and you would win or if you would recieve some kind of point bonus for getting it right.
Yes, you win the entire war if you guess the person, but you need evidence to back up your claim.

Jack of Clovers
03-07-2005, 06:21 PM
the mystery whatever::

i don't like it, seems just like season 3. why can't we just improve what we already have (continue from season 2) and go from there. we don't need to create new ideas like maps or assassinations for the war. too complicated and we want to attract new members that come during summer. if the new members don't know what's going on, they won't join teams. make the war more easy to follow like it once was. it's easier to lose current members than gain new members if this mystery idea goes through, in my opinion. :susp:

~Jack~

Tamer San
03-07-2005, 06:29 PM
I support Jack in here, Season 2 was the best...so we better take that as a base for us to improve! Anything else would be too complicated for us and the newbies won't have any chance during the war to enjoy it and stay. Beside, War 3 was good, but too complicated that it got boring soon afterwards. I also like to add the idea of shattering the teams and have mixed members together which will raise the bond between members here between differant team members and much more fun >=) but in the concept of War 2 (Which was the most fun to play to be honest)

Marill
03-07-2005, 09:10 PM
Well, I love the Detective/Spy concept, but I can easily see how many members would get confused and disinterested due to this simple fact. I mean, I'm all up for the theme, but, if you already have this sort of turnout against it, do you think we should re-think the plot?

Ironshell Blastoise
03-07-2005, 10:29 PM
Ok, double-yoo tee eff here people.

What happened 2nd season that made it so good?

Anyway, NO storyline is good. I say just all out warfare, getting points or something. Basically, I say stick to something close to my idea.

If you play Halo2, think of the possible multiplayer modes. I'm trying to come up with a war idea from Halo2 since I've been playing it a lot lately. :happy:

MystiKal
03-07-2005, 10:36 PM
Yeah I agree I think it's getting to complicated I say we just leave off where we did with Season 2.

Neo Emolga
03-07-2005, 10:46 PM
I say we keep the old system, but continue the establishment of six new teams. I'm sure all of us want an even playing field this time around, rather than letting two teams have all the power, and all the others just standing around and watching who is going to win among the two of them.

Marill
03-07-2005, 11:52 PM
Well, I composed a new basic-background in which I sent to Harry earlier today. When he gets online, I hope he posts it here. I think you guys might like it.

It incorporates 6 Teams like you want, but this time in a unique way you might not have thought about. (The 6 Teams Are Interesting in Themselves.) For those who love an all out War, this may be the thing you like.

I didn't expand much on the basic premise I sent Harry, but when he posts it, I will gladly elaborate if you guys like it and/or have any questions/comments/suggestions.

[Fair]
03-08-2005, 12:41 AM
Well, if we don't go with the murder mystery theme for the entire WAR, we could have it just be the plot of the RP...

After Season 3, a world leader was elected. This man single handedly united all of the old teams into one unstoppable army and brought an uneasy peace to the land. This man is the only thing stopping the next great WAR from happening...and then he's killed. The army splits into six different factions, each one with it's own motives, as well as a desire to find out who, or what, killed the leader.

This explains the new teams, and bridges the gap between Seasons 3 and 4. As to who the leader is, well, like I've said before...I think it should be kept a secret until the next WAR starts - it'll be a nice surprise.

Marill
03-08-2005, 01:07 PM
Well, I really want HKim to come and post it now! I think mine is a somewhat different than yours, Fair, but has the same premise. Harry, where are ya bud? :tongue: Oh well, I'm sure he's busy doing something great and magnificent in his own way. That ole Harry... always doing something. ^__^;

HKim
03-09-2005, 05:59 AM
Well, since there are some disputes about this mystery thing, what about an adaptation or alteration to the plot? Letís still have the Leader of the Pokťmon World Perish -- that can help a lot of things. But, instead of finding out this whole mystery... What about this:

The Six Nations of the Pokťmon World: Sevii Islands, Orange Islands, Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Orre were once in a treaty-organization known as the Professed International Known Alliance (PIKA). This association had delegates from the six nations, all of which served to keep harmony and peace throughout the nations. There were 7 members in all (here we go: the world-leader being the 7th), and he perished. He served as a non-bias chairperson, though he himself was from Kanto. He was highly respected from all nations, thus is the reason he established the union and headed it himself. When he perished, the many citizens from the other 5 Nations wanted their delegate to move up to chairperson, and have another denizen from their country fill the vacant spot. (This is where you have the War Break Out). The WAR team who conquers all will now have their opportunity to rule, hopefully non-biased. This can help make a War Season 5 a sequel War, which can stem many new things.

I like Marill's idea though I think it would be more interesting to have the war leaders be the officers of the world leader. Each one has a different position that would reflect different values. Now, of course this would mean that each team leader would have to figure out which officer they would want to be, but it would add a bit more depth to the roleplaying plot.

I don't think each leader should represent an area. After all, not many people know every location and I don't want to assign a team to an area they don't want. We can leave that open in the roleplay so teams can start wherever they want.

bronislav84
03-09-2005, 04:04 PM
Um, can somebody gimme a summary of what has been decided so far. I kinda feel it would take too long to read 16 pages of comments.

So, what happened so far, guys?

Marill
03-09-2005, 04:34 PM
Well, we've basically decided to have 6 New Teams, to refresh and revitalize the WAR. We're deciding on a basic plot/theme for it right now.

Harry, I meant for those 6 Members to be the 6 Team Leaders, sorry I didn't specify. The post was rushed and confusing. Sorry. x_x; But, you don't want them to have to be from a specific region, I'm assuming? That's fine... It was just a suggestion. (For instance, I know nothing about the Orre region, so I suppose it's best we don't assign them to one specific country.) But, the leaders would choose what they are best at (a specific talent/interest in a certain PKMN type, etc.) This could be very interesting...

Well, I'm not even supposed to be on the internet right now... So I'm getting off. But, I'll be viewing this later (might not post). Adios guys!

bronislav84
03-09-2005, 05:02 PM
Well, I know about the 6 new Teams Idea.

The thing with the Leader sounds more like it would fit for the RP, not the Season itself. How do you apply a plot to something that stretches all over the Froum? A plot only seems rational for the RP section. So I ask, how do you make the entire Season have a plot?

paperfairy
03-09-2005, 06:52 PM
I honestly believe it needs to be simple. I like the fresh new teams idea. I don't like the "new leaders" idea, but whatever works. We should go back to how Season 1 was run, and keep it easy. Don't fix what wasn't broken. WAR 1 was perfect, and was the BEST one, IMO - but people keep complicating things.

-PF

Thoughts: -_-

bronislav84
03-09-2005, 07:04 PM
AMEN, PF! All these ideas are turning the coming Season into a load complicated stuff, especially the Suspicions and Proof ideas.

The way this is going, the RP Section might have to become an alternate dimension completely unconnected to Season 3.

Anyway, I agree with PFs idea for Simplification. :cool:

Zenaku
03-09-2005, 07:45 PM
I don't really like the idea of new Teams. How many people here really care about the equalities? A real WAR would never end unless one side had an advantage, after all.

If equality is such a big issue, I'd recommend a simple Team member limit, rather than starting Teams from scratch.

Lord Celebi
03-09-2005, 08:37 PM
I like Marill's idea though I think it would be more interesting to have the war leaders be the officers of the world leader. Each one has a different position that would reflect different values. Now, of course this would mean that each team leader would have to figure out which officer they would want to be, but it would add a bit more depth to the roleplaying plot.

I don't think each leader should represent an area. After all, not many people know every location and I don't want to assign a team to an area they don't want. We can leave that open in the roleplay so teams can start wherever they want.
Well, if this is a continuation from war 3, wouldn't there be 12 officers? The 6 original team leaders and the six new team leaders should be the officers to the leader, but in the leader's will, he says that the newbs are now leaders of their own teams.
I don't really like the idea of new Teams. How many people here really care about the equalities? A real WAR would never end unless one side had an advantage, after all.

If equality is such a big issue, I'd recommend a simple Team member limit, rather than starting Teams from scratch.
Amen! I still wanna be leader of AF...

TMTS
03-09-2005, 08:40 PM
U.S. Governement Philosophy-

"If it isn't broken, fix it untill it is"

Don't be like them. I support keeping the old systems, and just refreshing the teams with all new threads and stuff, and having people re-join. :eh: is that too mcuh to ask?! ē_ē

MystiKal
03-09-2005, 08:54 PM
I say we did what we did in the first season get rid of the complications and just go by points. Instead of having some plot.

Marill
03-09-2005, 09:39 PM
Man, this has been on roller-coaster type of planning. First, we have everybody ready for a new makeover of the War, second we have mystery, third we don't have mystery, and fourth people are wanting to revert back to a sequential WAR to the previous ones. This is the idea - many people want a new start, in large part because they weren't here for the beginning. I am all for keeping the same ole teams (with new threads), as long as there is an equal beginning for all. For those of us who are just now creeping into the WAR process, we have no clue what happened in the Petalburg Forest, or who took over Goldenrod City. We just have no clue. Even though someone usually types up a history-introduction, it's not the same as having been there before, and in our case, NOT being there. I know some people might be offended that they were here in the beginning and now have to restart, but if one doesn't restart soon, and the originals fade away... Those who want to participate now won't know how to keep the tradition alive.

If you want to keep the same teams, that's great. I just hope we can come to a happy medium -- one that's fair.

Kenny_C.002
03-09-2005, 10:03 PM
I liked the idea of going back to basics personally. However, the drafting versus the same old teams question reflects on the problem that there will always been a needfor people to move to certain teams. Certainly if that is the case, it would cause the problem of nobody moving at all. Tough to say much huh. Drafting would probably be the best idea right now to solve that problem.

I mean that in itself is a twist for WAR 4.

HKim
03-10-2005, 03:26 AM
The problem is that their is a problem. Season 2 decreased in activity from Season 1. Season 3, the supposed solution to the decrease, failed to inspire more participation.

Yes, we could do the usual and simply have the old teams with the old system, but that really can take us so far. Team Trainer has won every war season, with the exception of Season 3, and as much as I would love to see it win again, we need to balance out the teams. Restarting would only create the same teams with the same core members because there will be the same leaders. However, with the draft system, we'll have new leaders with their own ideas on creating a team. Even the current top 4 War Teams have been made by someone other than the leader (Trainer by Steven, Nox by Nohman, TMA by Syrus, and Elite by Dux, I think). With new teams, we'll see different plot strategies (for the roleplay) as well as balancing out the abilities of all the teams.

Lord Celebi
03-10-2005, 03:34 AM
The problem is that their is a problem. Season 2 decreased in activity from Season 1. Season 3, the supposed solution to the decrease, failed to inspire more participation.

Yes, we could do the usual and simply have the old teams with the old system, but that really can take us so far. Team Trainer has won every war season, with the exception of Season 3, and as much as I would love to see it win again, we need to balance out the teams. Restarting would only create the same teams with the same core members because there will be the same leaders. However, with the draft system, we'll have new leaders with their own ideas on creating a team. Even the current top 4 War Teams have been made by someone other than the leader (Trainer by Steven, Nox by Nohman, TMA by Syrus, and Elite by Dux, I think). With new teams, we'll see different plot strategies (for the roleplay) as well as balancing out the abilities of all the teams.
Eherm... I didn't make Aqua. I forgot who, I think that person had Matt in his username though.

I think there should have the same 6 teams we have now (TMA, Nox, Trainer, Aqua, Elite, and Tri-Blade, and possibly Flora if someone wants to take it in). And new members are assigned to each team. Each member can pick one or two teams he doesn't wanna be assigned to. And then we draft.

MystiKal
03-10-2005, 03:45 AM
No I like the new team I idea it's always better to start fresh plus it will be fun being drafted.

Neo Emolga
03-10-2005, 04:19 AM
No, we really need fresh new teams. The old teams have been around for years and its seriously time for six new and intresting teams to surface.

And I also agree. Besides changing the teams and holding the draft, I honestly don't think we should play around too much with the rules after that.

Marill
03-10-2005, 04:39 AM
So then, we're going to have the Draft and the 6 New Teams, eh? Alrighty. Well, what about these area's of interest?:

Plot/Theme

War Leaders

Team Leaders

Shouldn't we get on the ball with those points? I don't want to rush planning, but if we at least got a plot and leaders to head the whole shin-dig, we'd be off to a start. You need the leaders to say Yes, No, and be firm in their decisions. I think that's what we need right now.

Scorch Ry
03-10-2005, 04:41 AM
So, with this drafting, we are basically going to be seperated from our team, and the leaders will choose which team members they want? Please explain to me how this is going to happen, because the idea deeply sparks my thoughts.

Jack of Clovers
03-10-2005, 06:39 AM
here's exactly what i think:

1. start all teams over. actually, start everything over. whoever wants to be a leader can start a team, new or existing (like if i want to start Elite again or maybe a new team). then, the members can join whatever team they want.

1.5. drafts: none. the draft isn't going to work how you guys want it to. new member want to join a team... they won't understand this 'draft' and decide not to bother with the war. the purpose of the war is to have fun with your friends so why be drafted to a team you might not like? this won't inspire activity for some members.

2. team limits are 15 members max, 3 min. that's it. if there is no room on any current war teams, that person can create his/her own team or a current team leader can kick someone off his/her team and take the new person. the more teams we have, the closer the competition will be to win.

3. the only thing that needs a plot is the War RP. speaking of the RP, make a new one each war season so that new members can join it... a fresh start.

4. War sections: Pokemon Trivia, Pokemon Fanfiction, Fan Art, Mixed Design Art, Role Play, URPG, Netbattle, Mixed Written Work, Other Trivia, Scavenger Hunt and Debate. i don't want to go into details about each section right now. i do know it still needs one more interesting section...

5. section points: some sections should be worth more than another. so far, you have no secure system for handing out points to winners for that week. also, points should ONLY be given to first place winners. if it's too close to pick one, then you can give a second point(s) out.

5.5. judges: one judge per section. a judge doesn't have to have the best qualifications as long as they are active/dedicated, something the war has needed for quite some time. sections topics start Monday and end Saturday, giving Sunday review time, announcing winner, and stating the next topic. if a judge gets bored, replace them ASAP so no problems arise.

6. special sections: during Season 1, you had a Writing contest where one person from each team would write something that dealt with the subject (how Pokemon was discovered or something like that). that's the only special you've done. need more.

7. no merging whatsoever. i know there won't be any, i just want to mention it again as clarification.

8. simplification is great when learning to play a game. how can we expect new members for summer to join the war when our current members don't understand some of the things happening. you keep saying, the wars are losing participation. in a complicated system, you'd lose more than you'd gain. sometime you need to stop using a catapult and resort to the classic slingshot. :tongue:

9. i think you've heard just about every idea from every person (except all of mine yet) so you should have some idea what to do for summer. review this whole thread and look at ALL the ideas... i did just before posting this.

10. you guys want some incentive? maybe i could use my awesome urpg-ness to benefit the winning team. i still haven't full decided yet but im not clueing out the possibility.

11. no point gambling. the war is about gaining points through work beating out your opponent.

12. switching teams: members can only switch teams during the first three weeks. after that, they are stuck on that team until the war ends or the leader drops him/her off the team. if dropped, the person may choose another team to join.

13. new teams/new members: in order to participate in the current war season, new teams must be created during the first half. otherwise, they have to wait until next year. new forum members may join any team at any time they want except the last week.

this thread has switched sides more than a North African city did during WWII. :eh: if you have any comments/complaints/arguments/suggestions/clarifications, please say so. im willing to expand anywhere ya want.

~Jack~