PDA

View Full Version : Gears Of War

ZiVixx
09-04-2007, 02:29 AM
I know this game is pretty popular, but do any of you Xbox live people like the game. I made this thread for the Xbox live and non Xbox live people to talk about the game, and Set up Online games. I personally didn't like the game at all, until online mode just kinda struck me. I mean after almost having it for 1 year and not even playing it, I just had to put it in and try again.

Charbok
09-04-2007, 02:32 AM
Most overrated game ever.
Excessively repetetive, same as all other shooters, and has a crappy story.
The online is good though.

Tamer Marco
09-04-2007, 02:32 AM
Its seriously overrated, but I haven't played online in a while, so I can't say for sure. The campaign wasn't the greatest. :/

skate4242
09-04-2007, 02:54 AM
I know this game is pretty popular, but do any of you Xbox live people like the game. I made this thread for the Xbox live and non Xbox live people to talk about the game, and Set up Online games. I personally didn't like the game at all, until online mode just kinda struck me. I mean after almost having it for 1 year and not even playing it, I just had to put it in and try again.

i love that game

Hypocrisy is Fun
09-04-2007, 02:58 AM
It isn't overrated, it just has a lot of hype. Theres a difference.

It's a good game, and 2 is on it's way. Online is awesome.

Kenny_C.002
09-04-2007, 11:08 PM
Well from my perspective, Persona 3 > Gears of War. But that's just simply personal preference. Bioshock would have been a contender if it had multiplayer.

Dr Scott
09-04-2007, 11:58 PM
Overrated?

I've been playing it online since it's come out.

It's great, it's like a perfect mix of Socom and Halo ...

The key with all great X box FPS' is XBox Live though, story is basically number 2 xD. And with good reason. You can play Live for hours and hours, and not so much teh story.

Tamer Marco
09-05-2007, 01:01 AM
Well, one of the reasons I dislike Gears Of War is because of the story. The developers seemed like that they could attempt to get away from actually including a good plot and backstory if the online play is good.

Am I the only one who actually plays the single player Campaign in stories more than once? -_-

ZiVixx
09-05-2007, 01:33 AM
Well, one of the reasons I dislike Gears Of War is because of the story. The developers seemed like that they could attempt to get away from actually including a good plot and backstory if the online play is good.

Am I the only one who actually plays the single player Campaign in stories more than once? -_-

Everyone is right about the story, but I still think it is good. It has a horrible plot. Anyone want to set up an online match tomorrow?

SiberianTiger
09-05-2007, 01:40 AM
Actually I didn't have a with the storyline, it wasn't the greatest by far, but the actual gaming was awesome.

And hands down the best multiplayer game on the 360 to date.

I'm up for a Pe2k match any time. And if you somehow can't find my gamertag then you shouldn't be on the net.

At any rate add me and we'll see what we can do.

~Isaiah

Hypocrisy is Fun
09-05-2007, 02:11 AM

You can't judge a game purely on story. By using your reasonings, games like Super Mario Bros. were the worst games ever.

Kenny_C.002
09-05-2007, 12:53 PM
You can't judge a game purely on story. By using your reasonings, games like Super Mario Bros. were the worst games ever.
No, but it does subtract from the experience.

Tamer Marco
09-05-2007, 11:32 PM
What Kenny said above. Headshots and chainsaw kills get boring sometime, but figuring out certain points in the story, hidden agendas and motives of certain characters makes replaying it worthwhile.

Charbok
09-06-2007, 12:34 AM
It isn't overrated, it just has a lot of hype. Theres a difference.

It's a good game, and 2 is on it's way. Online is awesome.

The story was terrible, and that is one of the most important factors in my opinion.
The gameplay was good, but incredibly repetetive.

Saying it's the greatest game ever is an exxageration.
It's better than average, but nothing special like Zelda games or Re4.
Probably deserves a 35/40

Hypocrisy is Fun
09-06-2007, 02:40 AM
No, but it does subtract from the experience.

I'll give you that, but it leaves mysteries for a sequel.

ZiVixx
09-07-2007, 12:31 AM

Yeah Epic could make a new sequal to the Gears of War franchise. Probably enhancing the storyline times 10! New Wepons and characters. Game of Year!

Kenny_C.002
09-07-2007, 12:57 AM
Bad stories are bad stories. Whether or not they leave mysteries for the sequel or not is NOT a justification for a bad story. Knowing Epic, it's very unlikely that Gears 2 will have a story that'll be even half as good as Bioshock's story, let alone be better. Seriously, Gears of War is nothing but a technical masterpiece for its time, but now with a game like Bioshock that is better than Gears save the lack of multiplayer online, it's also exciting to see what will overtake Gears, as that is inevitable (Halo 3). What will be interesting is what 2K will do with the Bioshock franchise, as clearly the first had already proven itself to be better than what is currently available (save online multiplayer).

.AzureLight
09-07-2007, 01:34 AM
I like how it isn't a traditional shooter, because you have neat things like blind firing and a nice cover system.