PDA

View Full Version : Spiritomb!(need help)

Cucumber
09-04-2007, 11:45 PM
Heres mine
-Hypnosis
-sucker punch
-will o wisp/Calm mind
-dream eater
This good

dragonzrule
09-04-2007, 11:48 PM
Spiritomb @ leftovers
careful nature
-wow
-painsplit
-shadow sneak
-confuse ray/dark pulse

Something along these lines. It is a downgraded dusknoir IMO.

Ace123456789
09-04-2007, 11:53 PM
Heres mine
-Hypnosis
-sucker punch
-will o wisp/Calm mind
-dream eater
This good

I don't think you need Dream Eater. nor do you need Hypnosis and Will o wisp IMO. Here's one i've seen a few times:
name: Starter
move 1: Sucker Punch / Taunt
move 2: Pursuit / Taunt
move 3: Pain Split
move 4: Will-o-wisp
item: Leftovers
nature: Careful
evs: 252 HP/144 Atk/112 SpDef
This set is displayed first as it is probably the most useful for the metagame. Spiritomb can switch into every Psychic Pokemon, including and especially Azelf, with impunity, and hit them back hard with Sucker Punch or Pursuit. Pain Split heals damage and works well with Spiritombís low HP stat, and Will-o-wisp messes around with physical Pokemon who think they can switch in and hit you from the physical side, only to get burned.

This set is good for a starter Spiritomb, since it has the defenses to survive most opening attacks, and cripple starting physical attackers like Weavile by burning them. It can also survive a Choice Specs Draco Meteor from Salamence and Pain Split away most of the damage, reducing Draco Meteorís precious PP by 2 in the process because of Pressure. 144 Attack EVs give Spiritomb a slight chance (12.5%) of OHKOing Azelf with Sucker Punch.

The problem with this set is that any non-Psychic special based Pokemon that can boost its Special Attack can switch in and setup on Spiritomb. To correct this, you can replace Sucker Punch or Pursuit with Taunt.

(i got this set off smogon, but have seen it used on Shoddy Battle.)

just a suggestion.