PDA

View Full Version : rain's graphix

rainfall
02-23-2005, 07:22 AM
thought i'd display some non-painted digital works. if you'd like...i might start taking up requests...i've got some free time the rest of this quarter...heh. i'll update as i make new ones...but i was never a fervant forum participator...so i don't have that many sigs yet...heh. outside of the ones in my sig...there are...

http://www.luminoire.net/grafix/dysliberate.gif
dys-liberate
bg cropped from one of my sci-fi manips. if you frequent devart...this might look somewhat familiar...the print version [ 600 x 1350 ] made to front page for 2 days and then was made print of the day a week later. so yeah, i'm proud of this piece...heh.

http://www.luminoire.net/grafix/apocalypse.gif
apocalyptic symphony
partially cropped from one of my 3ds abstract pieces. essence of the fallen angels...though i'm aware the color scheme doesn't seem fallen.

http://www.luminoire.net/grafix/forecast.gif
torrential forecast
also partially cropped from one of my pieces. tried to go for elegance, not much else to say.

=]

Pokemon Trainer Sarah
02-23-2005, 07:52 AM
They are really amazing! I like the top one and the one in your sig the best ^^

Thanatos
02-23-2005, 08:04 AM
Wow, just...wow. rain, you got some major skills. I love the work.

Matthew and VT, you have just be PNWd...

Nefarious
02-23-2005, 03:53 PM
Wow rain, Amazing. I can see you really like animation. And you are really good at it too. Can't wait to see more! :biggrin:

rainfall
02-23-2005, 06:50 PM
thanks guys...really appreciate it =]

I can see you really like animation

ionno why i'm obsessed with it like that..heh. if it wasn't for the filesize of fully animated banners, i would animate the bg as well. but those usually end up being about 200K and an arse to load on some computers.

Ardella
02-23-2005, 10:21 PM
Oooooh...*drools* love your work, very nice. :biggrin:

Matthew
02-23-2005, 11:14 PM
Matthew and VT, you have just be PNWd...

Thank you Mr. Obvious!!! :goofy: lol.

Yeahl.... You are one hell of an artist rain.... why do so many people gotta come in and be better than me? It makes me soooooo upset :cry:

Nah... I'm joking! People like you give me inspiration to be better! My next sig might feature some animation now... I son't know though... lol.

ACManga
02-23-2005, 11:59 PM
O.O HOLY CRAP that's awesome! XD if you are gonna take requests, maybe i can be the first requester? i'd like something JUST like your first one, only, i want it 400x80 in pixels, with ACManga on the bottom left corner. make an animation like the one in your sig now, with the growing ring on the right side. if it's possible, put the scrolling html/text on it too. thanks SO MUCH! ^^

sybersaur3000
02-24-2005, 12:42 AM
Awesome, just awsome. :eek:

Wish I had cool skills like you....

Awesome... Do you take requests?

rainfall
02-24-2005, 03:29 AM
thanks...i'm glad you guys like my stuff. =]

i'd like something JUST like your first one, only, i want it 400x80 in pixels, with ACManga on the bottom left corner. make an animation like the one in your sig now, with the growing ring on the right side. if it's possible, put the scrolling html/text on it too. thanks SO MUCH! ^^

when you say JUST like it, you mean basically a carbon copy in different dimensions? or do you want slightly different colors? btw...there's no html on it...heh...html can't be compressed with picture files.

Do you take requests?

yeah, for now i do. d=

Tamer Marco
02-24-2005, 03:32 AM
Your art= Better than Pepperoni pizza. I'd take a request, but I don't know what i'd want.

rainfall
02-24-2005, 03:58 AM
that actually gets me more inclined to create...heh. it's good when you don't put any restrictions...if you want i could make something off the spot and see how that works.

Tamer Marco
02-24-2005, 04:01 AM
Hey, here's an idea (not a request, just a thought). You could try Pokemon in certain area's in movies. Maybe Pikachu in LOTR, or something, lol.

rainfall
02-24-2005, 04:05 AM
sounds interesting...but a very strange juxtaposition =d

Tamer Marco
02-24-2005, 04:08 AM
lol, I got the idea from Neo or Valiant Lugia I should say. Me seeing all his banners about Pokemon and the matrix colliding gave me an idea. Why not Lord Of the Rings? You can have something battling evil orcs, and. ... I'll shut up now. :P

rainfall
02-24-2005, 07:46 AM
gave it a try, manga...and a slightly different color scheme.

http://www.luminoire.net/grafix/acmanga.gif

Matthew
02-24-2005, 03:27 PM
gave it a try, manga...and a slightly different color scheme.

http://www.luminoire.net/grafix/acmanga.gif

O O
_

^
-
-
-
(Baboon face)

Holy crap that is the best banner I've ever seen.... *jealous*

How are you so good? Do you have a 3d Rendering program? What brushes do you use? Etc... I am curious!

boltAge
02-24-2005, 03:38 PM
^^ Verynice. Keep this up and I'll vote you for Best Artist. Goodie.

ACManga
02-24-2005, 03:51 PM
*_* that's AWESOME! XD when i said html, i mean, there's this thing that makes it whenever the mouse goes over it, it starts moving o.o (sry if i seem a little ignorant, i've only been using PS for about a year)

Nefarious
02-24-2005, 03:55 PM
That is awesome. I'm jealous too. :silly: *awaits an answer from Matthew's question*

How do you make the shiny circle effect? Not that i'll use it just wanna know so maybe I can experiment a little.

Tamer San
02-24-2005, 03:55 PM
O.o

He pwned Matthew...I just can't believe my eyes. These banners are like...holy crap...I can't believe the beauty within your art rain. Bravo, honostly you are the best in here so far, keep it up :wink:

Err...can you do requists? =P

if so then here is mine:

banner size 550x150, background something red, fiery and dark at the same time. I want something wierd but 00ber cool with the current text (Whereever you find fitting, you are the master here):

Tamer:
A true warrior can prove him self, and weaklings shall fade throughout the mist of times...

I would also love a full image (body and head) of an anime arcanine if possible (put it whereever you want too) and thats all...

(I would also love a fitting avatar that has the same background of the banner...)

And I would be really thankful rain :wink:

sybersaur3000
02-24-2005, 07:34 PM
I'll request a Banner

I'd like a 3D Kyogre if you can find one on it. It should say sybersaur3000 and be blue with a stormy backround and thunderbolts.

rainfall
02-24-2005, 07:41 PM
thanks'all...i didn't pwn anyone, everyone has different styles...lol. =]

How are you so good? Do you have a 3d Rendering program? What brushes do you use? Etc... I am curious!

matt...yeah, i do have 3ds. but i didn't use it here...the planets were done in ps7.

and both request accepted, i'll work on tamer's first. i could probably finish both later today.

Tamer San
02-24-2005, 10:27 PM
Thanks a lot rain ^^

rainfall
02-25-2005, 12:17 AM
no prob...so dark...and fiery....guess i'm goin grunge...wicked.

im on it...working on animation.

ACManga
02-25-2005, 01:12 AM
rain, since i'm always looking for new ideas, and since i have an EXTREMELY weird style.. XD... can you explain how to make those planets?

rainfall
02-25-2005, 01:43 AM
tamer

grunge sig is done...since you asked for a larger sized one with animation...the size is relatively large. might cause loading trouble on some comps. and this has to be the longest i've spent on a sig, it took 24 frames and the animations were hell to synchronize. anyways, hope you like.

http://www.luminoire.net/grafix/tamer.gif

rain, since i'm always looking for new ideas, and since i have an EXTREMELY weird style.. XD... can you explain how to make those planets?

i would love to but...sorry...i'm not a tutorial person...i am horrible at teaching...heh. you'll have better luck looking up tutorials on deviantart, as i'm sure there are plenty.

ACManga
02-25-2005, 01:47 AM
hmm... okay... how would you like to do a PS battle? if so, i think i'd like to make the rules XD

rainfall
02-25-2005, 01:52 AM
never participated in one...how does it go?

ACManga
02-25-2005, 01:58 AM
it's like... we each make a banner, and let other people vote. i'm not sure if we're allowed to make new threads for battles or whatever here; that's what we do at PC. here, i'll make the rules now ^^ the size must be 600x235. (i wanna see how you cover a lot of space) and it must be non-animated. the theme should be grunge/abstract, and no pics. it can't be like... a complete render like those planets you have, but can be a render with grunge brushing. ^^

rainfall
02-25-2005, 02:15 AM
so...random composition without a central focus...erg, what is the point of it?

so are 3d stuff allowed?

it can't be like... a complete render like those planets you have, but can be a render with grunge brushing.

render with grunge brushing? =d

sybersaur3000
02-25-2005, 02:47 AM
wow.
TM's banner looks pretty cool. Can't wait to see the banner I requested...

You seem like the next king of PS....

MystiKal
02-25-2005, 03:41 AM
Nice sigs Rainfall there looking good and AC just make a new thread for a battle it's not against the rules.

Matthew
02-25-2005, 04:13 AM
Wow.... I seriously need to make a new animated banner now... gah.... I might try the dark feely type,.... I really like your style rain :silly:

MystiKal
02-25-2005, 04:18 AM
Lol Matthew have you even made a grunge sig?

Matthew
02-25-2005, 04:30 AM
I may have... lol XD

http://img107.exs.cx/img107/9619/pf5dc.png

^ If that is considered Grunge... lol.

I am more into Abstract.... but Grunge is fun :silly:

I am using a Techno Grunge sig right now.... eh XD I am crappy compared to you two XD IT depresses me..... :cry:

ACManga
02-25-2005, 04:44 AM
you can have 3D, as long as you don't overdo it with all the spacey crap XD

rainfall
02-25-2005, 04:50 AM
thanks much guys...heh.

and uh...alrite manga...ionno how this goes, but whatever. made this for fun, it does match the ps-battle dimensions you specified though...heh.

if anyone wants a wallpaper version of this, let me know and i'll upload it.

http://www.luminoire.net/grafix/soundsealed.jpg

Nefarious
02-25-2005, 04:56 AM
I may have... lol XD

http://img107.exs.cx/img107/9619/pf5dc.png

^ If that is considered Grunge... lol.

I am more into Abstract.... but Grunge is fun :silly:

I am using a Techno Grunge sig right now.... eh XD I am crappy compared to you two XD IT depresses me..... :cry:

Was that banner always that big? I thought you only made it's width 600.

Anyway :eek: that it tight rain. I want a 3D program so bad. Oh well I guess I should be thankful I even have ps.

Matthew
02-25-2005, 05:42 AM
I know how you feel ST lol :silly:

I thought it was smaller too.... interesting XD lol.

Nefarious
02-25-2005, 06:17 AM
I know how you feel ST lol :silly:

I thought it was smaller too.... interesting XD lol.

yeah cause I remember I wanted it 700 pixels but it would look weird stretched so yeah. Anyway can't wait to see more rain.

Neptune's Disciple
02-25-2005, 12:57 PM
Can I please request a banner? I would like it animated, with 'The god that ruled the see has a new face' or something along those lines, perhaps less lame, but I'm dead tired, and with an awesome anime pic of tentacruel, I like this one, http://serebii.net/picture.php?TCG/Aquapolis/038-tentacruel.jpg but only the head, animate whatever you want, make it whatever style you and just do whatever you think looks best! :happy:

Tamer San
02-25-2005, 08:17 PM
tamer

grunge sig is done...since you asked for a larger sized one with animation...the size is relatively large. might cause loading trouble on some comps. and this has to be the longest i've spent on a sig, it took 24 frames and the animations were hell to synchronize. anyways, hope you like.

http://www.luminoire.net/grafix/tamer.gif

well, I dont like it...I adore it and worship this banner *bows to the image* its beyond all my expectations rainfall...awsome and wonderful job and effort you've done there, its beyond great...thanks a lot ^^

rainfall
02-25-2005, 08:29 PM
glad you liked.

neptune: yeah, but you gotta be patient =]

sybersaur: working on yours.

Lone Eevee
02-25-2005, 08:52 PM
Oh my god, That tamer sig is one of the best sigs i have seen in a long time. Its great the way the writing moves up. Ur very talented rainfall. :wink:

That pokeforums banner is also very good. So many talented sig makers here :wink:

Caite-chan
02-25-2005, 09:16 PM
Must insert quote: ''Have a look at greatness!'' ~Randy Orton ^_^

I must have one.

Size: ? x ? I dono....lol.

Type: You pick...I would like a grid...gotta love thoses ^_^

Colors: Black and Purple

Pictures [In order]: Shane (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v118/ShaneOMacv3/Shane/14.jpg) l Kane (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v118/ShaneOMacv3/Kane/8.jpg) l Christian (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v118/ShaneOMacv3/Captian%20Charisma/2.jpg) - I dono if you can take out the Christian part or not.

Text [In order with pictures]: Shane picture - Top of picture: Shane O Mac Bottom of picture: Scuicidal (Dono if I spelt that right) One!

Kane Picture - Top of picture: Kane Bottom of picture Big Red Machine!

Christian Picture - Top of picture: Christian Bottom of picture: Captian Charisma

Text Font: Pick something...lol.

I'd pay you but I dono how to get the money to you so I'll just bow before you insted...lol.

EDIT: I'm in no hurry to get it and PM/IM if you have any questions about it!!

Focal
02-25-2005, 09:29 PM
:eek: Rain, your images rock... unbelievable...

Could I also request a banner and ava? (Not that I'm not happy with these, it's just time for change :wink: )

Size: Doesn't matter
Text: DarkRaichu; I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger
Colors: Hmm... maybe kinda electrical ya know? Yellow, glowing light blues, black... the works ^_^
Pics: RAICHU (obviously :rolleyes: )

Thnks in advanced, oh mighty god of grafix!

rainfall
02-26-2005, 06:18 AM
requests accepted.

but that's it for now...so...sorry but no more requests till these are completed.

...sybersaur...heres the your request. i tried [ pitifully, heh ] to mimic the lighting and movement of sparks of electricity...with which i have absolutely no experience so i'm sorry if it turned out...er, stupid...heh.

http://www.luminoire.net/grafix/sybersaur.gif

Thanatos
02-26-2005, 06:34 AM
Woah, we're gonna have a forum full of Rain's art o_O

Neptune's Disciple
02-26-2005, 06:43 AM
And there's anything wrong with that? Not saying that yours or Matthew's or ST's or anyne elses isn't good... :confused:

Thanatos
02-26-2005, 06:48 AM
No, we just all look the same then :tongue:

Meh, I love the banners.

rainfall
02-26-2005, 06:50 AM
What brushes do you use? Etc... I am curious!

sorry, i neglected this part before...i missed it somehow.

but neways...i don't use any special brushes outside of the ones that come standard with photoshop. when i do 2d i zoom in and use the pencil tool to get what i want. =d

sybersaur3000
02-26-2005, 06:11 PM
requests accepted.

but that's it for now...so...sorry but no more requests till these are completed.

...sybersaur...heres the your request. i tried [ pitifully, heh ] to mimic the lighting and movement of sparks of electricity...with which i have absolutely no experience so i'm sorry if it turned out...er, stupid...heh.

http://www.luminoire.net/grafix/sybersaur.gif

Meh, Not your best work but still I like it. I'm satisfied! ^^

Nefarious
02-26-2005, 06:41 PM
Wow that animation on the kyogre banner is really cool. How do you make those kinds of animations with the shiny glowing stuff? :tongue: :oops:

ACManga
02-26-2005, 06:50 PM
the Kyogre one is a bit... grainy, and the animation looks like it's missing a frame o.o and to answer the question above, i'd say... in PS, make the little line things, then, if you're good at pixel art, zoom in, and for each frame, cover one part of it with a bit of a 'glow'. this is clearly not that easy for people who don't know what a good glow looks like, but it's obvious that rain has had lots of practice ^^

rainfall
02-26-2005, 06:54 PM
he asked for a 3d version of kyogre, in which case there are no non-grainy pictures that are readily available online. let's be honest, colosseum graphics aren't good to begin with. crap in = crap out.

and the animation looks like it's missing a frame

hrm, there are problems but that wasn't one i was aware of. care to point out where the animation seems to be choppy so i could fix it?

MystiKal
02-26-2005, 07:09 PM
Nice banner but it would look way better without the grainy stuff.

rainfall
02-26-2005, 07:21 PM
oh alrite, i see the grain you're talking about.

it's actually from the mist...it wasn't grainy in photoshop but because of the 256 color limit in gifs, it turned grainy. =]

ACManga
02-26-2005, 07:21 PM
i mean... when the animation starts, it waits a second, then keeps going o.o

rainfall
02-26-2005, 07:24 PM
woah, posted at the same time...creepy.

heh, yeah, i set the initial frame to .1 seconds, and the rest to no delay. done on purpose...i wanted the edges of the sig to mimic the starting point of electricity.

it's like a glare...i goes slowly over a smooth surface at first, then flashes by.

ACManga
02-26-2005, 07:34 PM
ah.. i see.. but that's the thing- the graininess makes it look like it was a mistake XD

rainfall
02-26-2005, 07:43 PM
i wish gif files were allowed more than 256 colors...then i wouldn't have to be limited to only one color scheme.

but then the file sizes would crash most computers. =\

Mechaflame
02-26-2005, 08:16 PM
thought i'd display some non-painted digital works. if you'd like...i might start taking up requests...i've got some free time the rest of this quarter...heh. i'll update as i make new ones...but i was never a fervant forum participator...so i don't have that many sigs yet...heh. outside of the ones in my sig...there are...

dys-liberate
bg cropped from one of my sci-fi manips. if you frequent devart...this might look somewhat familiar...the print version [ 600 x 1350 ] made to front page for 2 days and then was made print of the day a week later. so yeah, i'm proud of this piece...heh.

apocalyptic symphony
partially cropped from one of my 3ds abstract pieces. essence of the fallen angels...though i'm aware the color scheme doesn't seem fallen.

torrential forecast
also partially cropped from one of my pieces. tried to go for elegance, not much else to say.

=]

I know, I know. I'm late. But I just gotta say this...

Rainfall! You're work is awesome. I love it, and I hope you continue making such kick ass pieces of art. :wink:

rainfall
02-27-2005, 10:17 PM
thanks much for the props mech =]

neptune, i'll hopefully have yours done by tonight. i'm trying to juggle my free time between this and a digital painting i'm trying to finish.

if it doesn't show up tonight, i'll definitely have it tomorrow.

Neptune's Disciple
02-28-2005, 06:17 AM
Ok, cool, take your time :oops: (I mean that in the nice way not the impatient way.. :wink: )

Matthew
02-28-2005, 06:56 AM
thanks much for the props mech =]

neptune, i'll hopefully have yours done by tonight. i'm trying to juggle my free time between this and a digital painting i'm trying to finish.

if it doesn't show up tonight, i'll definitely have it tomorrow.

I can't wait to see the next edition of your kick ass sigs :silly:

rainfall
03-03-2005, 12:58 AM
i chose instead to finish up my painting...which i'll post up in the fantart forum if interested =]

but it will be up by tonight for sure. apologies for delay.

Neptune's Disciple
03-03-2005, 06:07 AM
lol thats ok :oops: take as long as you want

rainfall
03-03-2005, 08:58 PM
again, sorry for delay...heh. fixing the grain on tentacruel was hell.

there's a first time for everything...i tried water this time.
foreground's pretty minimalistic...but the water is the meant to be the eye-catcher.

hope you like =]

http://www.luminoire.net/grafix/neptune.gif

Nefarious
03-03-2005, 09:02 PM

foreground's pretty minimalistic...but the water is the meant to be the eye-catcher.

hope you like =]

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

It shouts awesomeness! Awesome work on that rainfall. I LOVE the animation.

Thanatos
03-03-2005, 09:53 PM
I've been pwnd.

I love it Rain, it's your best work yet.

Hoenn Mirror Girl
03-04-2005, 01:10 AM
dys-liberate

apocalyptic symphony

torrential forecast

=]
Make more or face the punishment called MY BEAUTIFLY'S STUN SPORE! *evil grin*

Neptune's Disciple
03-04-2005, 07:24 AM

hope you like =]

OMFG THATS SO F#$%ING AWESOME!!!!! THANKS SOO MUCH RAIN!!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

boltAge
03-04-2005, 10:48 AM

hope you like =]

Nice work, but I think the water is...moving(or something) too fast. Slower would make it look more natural and stuff.

Matthew
03-05-2005, 05:48 PM
Awesome rain! I love the water... though like boltAge said, maybe slow down the water.... other that that :eek:

sybersaur3000
03-05-2005, 06:04 PM
Neptunes banner is awsome rain O_O
Slower water would fit it as I do agree. Dark water fits Tentacruel very nicely. Great job!
Its blue too...

.:VS:.
03-05-2005, 06:17 PM
thanks much guys...heh.

and uh...alrite manga...ionno how this goes, but whatever. made this for fun, it does match the ps-battle dimensions you specified though...heh.

if anyone wants a wallpaper version of this, let me know and i'll upload it.

http://www.luminoire.net/grafix/soundsealed.jpg
OK. *scroll down*

HOLY FREAKING CRAP!!!!!! THATS THE BEST SIG I EVER SEEN!!!!!!

Do you have any IM? PM me if you do.

rainfall
03-09-2005, 05:27 AM
thanx vs.

just a heads up on what's goin on...i've got midterms tomorrow =d...that's what's been holdin up the banner thing...but wutever...they'll come soon.

might as well load a wallpaper heh. minimalistic typo cuz i was lazy.

http://www.luminoire.net/grafix/encloseprv.jpg (http://www.luminoire.net/grafix/enclosure.jpg)
click to enlarge

ACManga
03-09-2005, 10:48 PM
hmm... i got an idea. make something 725x450, and make it simple... with maybe a curve or two, but make sure it stays simple. just wanna see how well you can do that ^_^ i hope to be amazed. :)

rainfall
03-10-2005, 03:22 AM
hrm, i don't have time right now, i'm more into painting. i never even submit any of these graphics to devart, heh...i only do them for relaxation.

after the sig requests and painting, we'll see. as i told you prior though, setting these limitations really won't give you any idea of what i can do...only what you want me to do.

ACManga
03-10-2005, 03:54 PM
fine... no need to be defensive, just make something big and simple :\

rainfall
03-10-2005, 06:20 PM
lol, that wasn't a defensive statement. it was truthful.

Nefarious
03-10-2005, 07:31 PM
Nice wallpaper. Would be better if there wasn't so much black though. Anyway I'd love to see more. :biggrin:

Channel Delibird
03-15-2005, 05:29 PM
If you're open for requests, I'd love to get a banner from you, so if that's cool, then let me know either here or by PM. At any rate, your work is absolutely stunning. I love that Tentacruel one, although, as a few people have already said, the animation probably needs to be a little slower. Fantastic otherwise. =D

Pichu lover!
03-18-2005, 02:58 AM
May I please have a banner with a Pichu ,Sceptile, and Flygon (Shiny)saying: 'Pichu lover!' on it?

rainfall
03-18-2005, 08:00 AM
=d

i will be, not at the moment. i still have requests to finish. final exams this period makes that impossible but later next week you should be able to request. note me instead of putting it here from now on, easier for me to keep track of.

Neptune's Disciple
03-19-2005, 11:01 AM
lol, Thanatos just noticed that you spelled my name wrong on my sig. Change it if you want, it doesnt bother me, being as it took this long for someone to notice it. :oops:

Alchemira
03-21-2005, 04:47 AM
Wow. O.O Rain your graphics rock! ^^

Uhm... I have a request though. :redface:

Can you make me a signature about 425x159, with this girl (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v139/Makaiei/ffb121a3.jpg) in it?

She should show atleast most of her upper body. ^^; The main color I want to be like, a pinkish purpleish (Close To The Girl's Hair Color). I want the main text to say "Alchemira Kinomoto" And for the quote/caption, can it say "What I really meant to say, Is I'm sorry for the way I am... I never meant to be so cold. Never meant to be so cold..."

I'd really, really, really, appreciate this! ^^

Katera
03-21-2005, 05:05 AM
Yeah there awesome great job dude.

And welcome to PE2k Alchemira

Alchemira
03-21-2005, 05:14 AM
Thankies Katera! ^^

Katera
03-21-2005, 03:26 PM
Your most welcome have fun here. :wink: