PDA

View Full Version : Is there a better yawn/focus puncher than Blastoise?

Joe Spoot
09-05-2007, 12:35 AM
So, I want to make a pokemon that utilizes the Yawn/Focus Punch combo. For those of you that aren't familiar with this, you have your pokemon use yawn on your opponent. Chances are, your opponent will switch their pokemon out, which saves their pokemon from falling asleep. During the turn they take to switch out their pokemon, you have your pokemon start a Focus Punch. If your pokemon is faster than the new pokemon that comes out, the focus punch will connect with a base power of 150.

It is my opinion that the optimal pokemon would have good attack, defense, special defence, and, probably most importantly, speed. Blastoise is a pretty good candidate. His stats are as follows:

HP Attack Defense Sp. Attack Sp. Defense Speed
79 83 100 85 105 78

I'm thinking I could just pour the EVs into Attack and Speed and I would be all set. My question is, is there a better pokemon for this strategy? Thanks.

Mysticjason
09-05-2007, 12:39 AM
Breloom with Spore + Focus Punch works pretty well too.

shedinjask
09-05-2007, 12:42 AM
I've seen Snorlax use it. But STAB Return does more than neutral FP.

castroviz
09-05-2007, 01:32 AM
Sorry but 78 is bad speed. I don't think it'll work

tonmon58
09-05-2007, 01:42 AM
breloom...baton pass it from a ninjask with substitute and he'll be a menace...equip it with focus sash incase they wake up or breaks the ninjask substitute

Cool Kid 94
09-05-2007, 03:42 AM
The speed of your Pokemon doesn't matter if the opponents switch out, because Focus Punch doesn't attack on the next turn, it attacks at the end of the turn.

Gold Groudon
09-05-2007, 06:55 AM
Well a blastoise is so slow that it could KOed straight up if it encoutered the wrong pokemon.

If you put in a ninjask with protect, SD, Batton pass and X-scissor. Use 1 SD, protect and then batton pass, make sure it is holding a focus sash. This means bastoise has Big attack+big speed=one strong focus punch