PDA

View Full Version : New Ready For Grading Note

Ataro
09-05-2007, 05:31 PM
Small matters here, but its faster and easier. So no need for Trainer's Court.

I know there's a thread for the Ready for Grading notes. However, wouldn't it be a hassle to click once on the last page of Grading Thread, and click second to view the different posts? And to find a story you prefer to grade? And to read the details the post provided?

There's a rule in the stories: Never post {Ready for Grading} in your story titles, go to the Story Board, see how many there are? Pretty confusing isn't it?

I propose a new idea of icons to signify that the story is ready for grading, that way, all graders have to do is to go to the Story Board, look for stories with titles, seeing the titles will let them know their preference to grade which story.

A set icon would be the Exclamation Point Icon, which then the story board will be cleaner, and neater without so many stickys.

If mods find it useless, then lock it up. :P

Mitsuzo-kun
09-05-2007, 05:44 PM
*Doesn't know how to change the icon next to the thread name*

Dog of Hellsing
09-05-2007, 05:49 PM
Hmmm, well, it sounds like a good idea in theory. However, in practice...the main problem I see is once a Story has been Graded, people may be lazy and not take the icon thing out of the title. That would end up confusing Graders who see it, go to Grade it, and find it's already been Graded. And we G-Mods can't be hanging around the Story board all the time for the sole matter of editing threads to take it out.

I say just keep using the Grade Request thread, honestly. It might take time, but eventually your Story will get a Grade. Speaking of which, I should start Grading again...

EmBreon
09-05-2007, 07:05 PM
Personally, I liked the system before the Grade Request Thread was created. I usually would just end up grading whoever had been waiting the longest, unless I promised someone a favor. I also don't think there even is a rule about putting "Ready To Be Graded" in the title. There's just a grader who is extremely picky about the way things are done. :P All these new "Find out what stories need grading" ideas seem pretty useless. It's not that hard to click on someone's thread and grade their story. If it's already been graded, then choose a different one. :/

Dog of Hellsing
09-05-2007, 07:12 PM
Actually, somewhere, there is something that asks for people not to put "Ready For Grading" or anything like it in the title.

Anyways, like I said, we have the Grade Request Thread. We really don't need anything, IMHO.

Also, EmBreon as a Grader, you can Grade Stories in any order you like. You don't have to Grade Stories as they appear in the Grade Request Thread. If you liked it the way you did it before, keep doing it that way. There's no right or wrong way to decide on what Stories to Grade and when.

Ataro
09-06-2007, 04:45 AM
Actually, somewhere, there is something that asks for people not to put "Ready For Grading" or anything like it in the title.

Anyways, like I said, we have the Grade Request Thread. We really don't need anything, IMHO.

Also, EmBreon as a Grader, you can Grade Stories in any order you like. You don't have to Grade Stories as they appear in the Grade Request Thread. If you liked it the way you did it before, keep doing it that way. There's no right or wrong way to decide on what Stories to Grade and when.

Oh your back for grading? That's good. Look at the first page. XD

Team Devastation
09-22-2007, 08:44 AM
Small matters here, but its faster and easier. So no need for Trainer's Court.

I know there's a thread for the Ready for Grading notes. However, wouldn't it be a hassle to click once on the last page of Grading Thread, and click second to view the different posts? And to find a story you prefer to grade? And to read the details the post provided?

There's a rule in the stories: Never post {Ready for Grading} in your story titles, go to the Story Board, see how many there are? Pretty confusing isn't it?

I propose a new idea of icons to signify that the story is ready for grading, that way, all graders have to do is to go to the Story Board, look for stories with titles, seeing the titles will let them know their preference to grade which story.

A set icon would be the Exclamation Point Icon, which then the story board will be cleaner, and neater without so many stickys.

If mods find it useless, then lock it up. :P
I don't know how to change my icon anymore? only in the original post

Ataro
09-22-2007, 04:04 PM
I don't know how to change my icon anymore? only in the original post

Try clicking advanced or scrolling down.

Dr Scott
09-22-2007, 08:15 PM
Dead threads should stayy dead, and it looks like this one has outlived its usefullness XP.