PDA

View Full Version : The Legend SkarmBliss?

Hyper Blaze
09-05-2007, 08:19 PM
I made up something. The Legend SkarmBliss could be RockIce (Regirock/ice). Here are movesets. Rate them and find errors.

Regice@Lefties (Clear Body)
Calm
252 HP, 252 Sp. Defense, 6 Sp. Attack
~Amnesia/Rest
~Lock-On
~Zap Cannon
~Icy Wind/Ancient Power (I'd perfer Icy Wind)

Regirock@Lefties (Clear Body)
Impish
252 HP, 252 Defense, 6 Attack
~Iron Defense
~Stealth Rock
~Rest/Curse/Explosion
~Rock Slide (NOT Stone Edge or Earthquake)

Somebody Else
09-05-2007, 08:55 PM
Calm
~Amnesia
~Lock-On
~Zap Cannon
~Ice Beam

Impish
~Curse/Iron Defense - Not both, IMO.
~Stealth Rock
~Explosion
~Rock Slide (NOT Stone Edge or Earthquake) - Why not?? Stone Edge > Rock Slide, RS has bad accuracy too...

These guys are Legendaries, and some people don't like them.

Hyper Blaze
09-05-2007, 08:58 PM
Calm
~Amnesia
~Lock-On
~Zap Cannon
~Ice Beam

Impish
~Curse/Iron Defense - Not both, IMO.
~Stealth Rock
~Explosion
~Rock Slide (NOT Stone Edge or Earthquake) - Why not?? Stone Edge > Rock Slide, RS has bad accuracy too...

These guys are Legendaries, and some people don't like them.

I know, but for uber battles. And Ice Beam is bad because Zap Cannon give them a Special Condition, and Icy Wind lowers speed. And Rock Slide could save you. And yes, I know not both, But if you need the attackk boost, you could use both. but than again, you don't need it.

Somebody Else
09-05-2007, 09:01 PM
Not necessarily Uber battles, they aren't Uber, as such. I would allow a battle using these.

Hyper Blaze
09-05-2007, 09:08 PM
Not necessarily Uber battles, they aren't Uber, as such. I would allow a battle using these.

True, but legend battle.

PaPeRpLaNe
09-05-2007, 09:36 PM
I know, but for uber battles. And Ice Beam is bad because Zap Cannon give them a Special Condition, and Icy Wind lowers speed. And Rock Slide could save you. And yes, I know not both, But if you need the attackk boost, you could use both. but than again, you don't need it.

It looks okay, but maybe you should drop Icy Wind. Personally, I'd think they'd function better on their own.

Hyper Blaze
09-05-2007, 09:38 PM
It looks okay, but maybe you should drop Icy Wind. Personally, I'd think they'd function better on their own.

Maybe, but it would be a bit better than SkarmBliss.

Finchy
09-05-2007, 09:41 PM
Pretty nice, but wouldn't it be walled by a Mixed Lucario with Aura Sphere and CC? Perhaps give one of them EQ to sort out the problem?

Hyper Blaze
09-05-2007, 09:44 PM
Pretty nice, but wouldn't it be walled by a Mixed Lucario with Aura Sphere and CC? Perhaps give one of them EQ to sort out the problem?

Wait, I can give Regirock EQ. And lol, I never heard of a mixed lucario with 2 fighting moves.

Somebody Else
09-05-2007, 09:46 PM
I meant I would battle against them without using Legendaries.

Zap Cannon would hit Lucario hard. If not then yeah, EQ on Regirock.

Finchy
09-05-2007, 09:46 PM
Perhaps not, but I've seen one with CC and Flash Cannon.

Ace123456789
09-05-2007, 09:54 PM
one problem: they both share an extremely common fighting weakness. Skarmbliss didnt share any weaknesses.

Although i hate skarmbliss, it is more effective then Regicerock.

Dark_Azelf
09-05-2007, 11:14 PM
one problem: they both share an extremely common fighting weakness. Skarmbliss didnt share any weaknesses.

Although i hate skarmbliss, it is more effective then Regicerock.

Hes right

Infernape, Heracross, Lucario anyone ?

Cool Kid 94
09-05-2007, 11:18 PM

Stone Edge is MUCH better than Rock Slide. You don't need to lower Speed, just use Zap Cannon and their Speed will be low enough. IMO Blissey is much better than Regice, cause of the HP. Therefore it should be RegiBliss, lol. But then again, Regirock has that weakness to Fighting...

ronjocox
09-05-2007, 11:42 PM
Seismic Toss is really good with Regirock.

Ace123456789
09-05-2007, 11:49 PM
Stone Edge is MUCH better than Rock Slide. You don't need to lower Speed, just use Zap Cannon and their Speed will be low enough. IMO Blissey is much better than Regice, cause of the HP. Therefore it should be RegiBliss, lol. But then again, Regirock has that weakness to Fighting...
it really isnt MUCH better... Acc. of Stone Edge is 80. Thats pretty low if you ask me. I often prefer Stone Edge, but a miss can cost you the whole match...

Hyper Blaze
09-06-2007, 12:09 AM

No, Rock Slide has accseptable Accuracy.

Seismic Toss is really good with Regirock.

True, but Rock Slide + Stealth Rock would be AWSOME on flying/fire/ect.

it really isnt MUCH better... Acc. of Stone Edge is 80. Thats pretty low if you ask me. I often prefer Stone Edge, but a miss can cost you the whole match...

Yeah, but with a sweeper, its worth it.

Cool Kid 94
09-06-2007, 12:10 AM

Well, it's better. Rock Slide has 90 accuracy, which is still pretty low.

cyl3x
09-06-2007, 01:30 AM
I made up something. The Legend SkarmBliss could be RockIce (Regirock/ice). Here are movesets. Rate them and find errors.

Calm
~Amnesia/Rest
~Lock-On
~Zap Cannon
~Icy Wind/Ancient Power (I'd perfer Icy Wind)

Impish
~Iron Defense
~Stealth Rock
~Rest/Curse/Explosion
~Rock Slide (NOT Stone Edge or Earthquake)

Let's see our threats.

Chain chomp with Life orb?

Max Special attack neutral nature garchomp with draco meteor.

1st DM: does approx 59.62% - 70.33% damage to regirock
2nd DM: does approx 30.22% - 35.71% damage to regirock

That's a chance of 2HKO.

Now Let's see regice handling chainchomp with its EQs

Chain chomp's EQ does 55.22% - 64.84% damage to Regice

Another 2HKO.

Regice's Icy wind on garchomp does 78.71% - 92.72% damage.

Not even an OHKO. Well, maybe with life orb.

Infernape kills these 2.

Mixed-ape holding life orb with nasty plot, Flamethrower, grass knot and CC.

Close combat does 97.25% - 114.29% to regice.

That's nearly OHKO.

Grass Knot does Damage: 80.77% - 95.05% to regirock.

EDIT: wrote regice as Regirock lol.

That's about 2HKO.

This combo does not go well. Ice is one of the weakest defensive types and it shares similar weaknesses as rock.

Dark_Azelf
09-06-2007, 01:39 PM
Let's see our threats.

That's a chance of 2HKO.

Another 2HKO.

Infernape kills these 2.

That's nearly OHKO.

Grass Knot does Damage: 80.77% - 95.05% to regice.

That's about 2HKO.

This combo does not go well. Ice is one of the weakest defensive types and it shares similar weaknesses as rock.

Thats correct

also to add, if your serious about this why Icy Wind and Zap Cannon? one just plain sucks and the other has horrible accuracy so why not , Ice beam and Thunderbolt?

You'd be better with this

Regice@Leftovers
Relaxed/Sassy Nature
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Explosion/Thunderwave
- Curse/Counter/Amnesia

Sure Regice is a fantastic Special Wall with base 200 Special Defense, but the only reason you can use this is when you pair it up with a physical wall that covers its weakness, not adds to them like Regirock does.

Also i really dont understand why Regirock is a Physical wall when its weak to the most common move in the game Earthquake and this gen Close Combat etc.

I also tell this to people when they try and use Bastiodon as a mixed wall.

-Holland-
09-07-2007, 02:04 AM
True about Regirock, but doesn't that mean that a majority of his weakness is negated by his staggering Defense?

Hyper Blaze
09-07-2007, 02:14 AM
Let's see our threats.

That's a chance of 2HKO.

Another 2HKO.

Infernape kills these 2.

That's nearly OHKO.

Grass Knot does Damage: 80.77% - 95.05% to regirock.

EDIT: wrote regice as Regirock lol.

That's about 2HKO.

You don't find Infernape in Legends :susp:.

Thats correct

also to add, if your serious about this why Icy Wind and Zap Cannon? one just plain sucks and the other has horrible accuracy so why not , Ice beam and Thunderbolt?

You'd be better with this

Regice@Leftovers
Relaxed/Sassy Nature
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Explosion/Thunderwave
- Curse/Counter/Amnesia

Sure Regice is a fantastic Special Wall with base 200 Special Defense, but the only reason you can use this is when you pair it up with a physical wall that covers its weakness, not adds to them like Regirock does.

Also i really dont understand why Regirock is a Physical wall when its weak to the most common move in the game Earthquake and this gen Close Combat etc.

I also tell this to people when they try and use Bastiodon as a mixed wall.

Icy Wind Lowers speed, while Zap Cannon Paralizes AND Deals Damage. But I'll use Ice Beam

True about Regirock, but doesn't that mean that a majority of his weakness is negated by his staggering Defense?

Cool Kid 94
09-07-2007, 02:16 AM
Icy Wind Lowers speed, while Zap Cannon Paralizes AND Deals Damage. But I'll use Ice Beam

Don't waste a move with Lock-On... just use BoltBeam.

ronjocox
09-07-2007, 02:18 AM
You don't find Infernape in Legends :susp:.

There is no such thing as a legend metagame, and Regirock/ice can't partiacpate in ubers.

dragonzrule
09-07-2007, 02:20 AM
There is one HUGE problem, they are both weak to fighting.

Hyper Blaze
09-07-2007, 02:38 AM
There is no such thing as a legend metagame, and Regirock/ice can't partiacpate in ubers.

Fine, in LEGEND battles.

There is one HUGE problem, they are both weak to fighting.

True, but mixed sweepers don't have 2 of the same type move.

Fire Away
09-07-2007, 02:41 AM
Fine, in LEGEND battles.

...Why would they have to?

Infernape would just use Close Combat on Regice. Grass Knot could OHKO Regirock. If you find an Infernape without Grass Knot (lolImadeajoke) then CC could still hurt them both a lot.

Anyways, it's been said a lot of times. The main difference between this and Skarmbliss is that they share a common weakness, on top of the fact that they both have a lot (whereas Skarmblass has three between the two of them).

cyl3x
09-07-2007, 02:56 AM
Fine, in LEGEND battles.

I'm a little confused. In my 3 months of shoddy battle, there has not been a legend battle. Wouldn't Deoxys Attack form/Mewtwo/Groudon kill this then? Or are they too legend to participate in legend battles?

I'm with Fire away on this, it doesn't work since they share common weaknesses.

Like Skarm can take Bliss's physical fighting hits while Blissey can take Skarm's special Electric and Fire attacks at ease. The Regis can't even take each other's fighting hits.

Hyper Blaze
09-07-2007, 03:41 AM
...Why would they have to?

Infernape would just use Close Combat on Regice. Grass Knot could OHKO Regirock. If you find an Infernape without Grass Knot (lolImadeajoke) then CC could still hurt them both a lot.

Anyways, it's been said a lot of times. The main difference between this and Skarmbliss is that they share a common weakness, on top of the fact that they both have a lot (whereas Skarmblass has three between the two of them).

I told you, would ANYONE have an Infernape in Legends Battle?

I'm a little confused. In my 3 months of shoddy battle, there has not been a legend battle. Wouldn't Deoxys Attack form/Mewtwo/Groudon kill this then? Or are they too legend to participate in legend battles?

I'm with Fire away on this, it doesn't work since they share common weaknesses.

Like Skarm can take Bliss's physical fighting hits while Blissey can take Skarm's special Electric and Fire attacks at ease. The Regis can't even take each other's fighting hits.

Yeah, an Aura Sphere Palkia/Dialga Could beat this.

Cool Kid 94
09-07-2007, 03:48 AM
I told you, would ANYONE have an Infernape in Legends Battle?

Yeah, an Aura Sphere Palkia/Dialga Could beat this.

MY GOSH, how many times do we have to tell you, there is no legends tier! People would use Pokemon like Infernape and Garchomp in a battle with no ubers.