PDA

View Full Version : Special Weavile... workable?

Haelleah
09-08-2007, 12:06 AM
Weavile @ Focus Sash
Timid, Pressure
252 Speed, 252 Sp Attack, 6 HP

Nasty Plot
Surf
Ice Beam
Dark Pulse

I thought this might be a fun surprise to pull on someone. With a max Sp Attack stat of slightly over 200, Weavile would have something like 400 Sp Attack after Nasty Plot, which would definitely be enough to sweep with. Especially considering most people will send in a Physical Wall during the turn that I set up Nasty Plot, not expecting a Special set.

Focus Sash is there to ensure that Weavile has a chance to get NP in. After that, it can outspeed most things.

So... would it work? And don't tell me "Weavile is supposed to be Physical." I know that, I was trying for something a little different.

Cool Kid 94
09-08-2007, 12:09 AM
Lol, it probably would work. I don't see any better moves that could go there.

Hyper Blaze
09-08-2007, 12:17 AM
Weavile @ Focus Sash
Timid, Pressure

Nasty Plot
Surf
Ice Beam
Dark Pulse

I thought this might be a fun surprise to pull on someone. With a max Sp Attack stat of slightly over 200, Weavile would have something like 400 Sp Attack after Nasty Plot, which would definitely be enough to sweep with. Especially considering most people will send in a Physical Wall during the turn that I set up Nasty Plot, not expecting a Special set.

Focus Sash is there to ensure that Weavile has a chance to get NP in. After that, it can outspeed most things.

So... would it work? And don't tell me "Weavile is supposed to be Physical." I know that, I was trying for something a little different.

I'd rather be Modest. But than you waste your Focus Sash. I'd MUCH rather SD up.

Cool Kid 94
09-08-2007, 12:19 AM
No, Timid would be better, as you need the Speed, and your Focus Sash won't be wasted since you're fast. Although my 256 Spd Scarf Pokemon are prepared exactly for this, lol. Specs Weavile would be good with Focus Blast.

Hyper Blaze
09-08-2007, 12:28 AM
No, Timid would be better, as you need the Speed, and your Focus Sash won't be wasted since you're fast. Although my 256 Spd Scarf Pokemon are prepared exactly for this, lol. Specs Weavile would be good with Focus Blast.

Um... Focus Blast on Specs? Not relyable :P. Use Shadow Ball, though it will be useless.

Cool Kid 94
09-08-2007, 12:29 AM
Um... Focus Blast on Specs? Not relyable :P. Use Shadow Ball, though it will be useless.

Yes it is, it would be better than Shadow Ball at least...

RonRaygunX3
09-08-2007, 12:35 AM
Lol, I like that idea. Switch in on a Blissey, while they switch out use NastyPlot, then mostly likely Pwn theyr'e physical wall that they put in.

Hyper Blaze
09-08-2007, 12:36 AM
Yes it is, it would be better than Shadow Ball at least...

I'd much rather have a phyiscal move xD.

PaPeRpLaNe
09-08-2007, 01:24 AM
Weavile @ Focus Sash
Timid, Pressure

Nasty Plot
Surf
Ice Beam
Dark Pulse

It's original and unexpected, but the Physical Sweeper is defintely more viable.

Haelleah
09-08-2007, 02:16 AM
Okay, then. Thanks for the feedback, folks.

Gold Groudon
09-08-2007, 02:21 AM
I might try that weavile, could realy surprise someone

cyl3x
09-08-2007, 02:55 AM
Weavile @ Focus Sash
Timid, Pressure

Nasty Plot
Surf
Ice Beam
Dark Pulse

It's not a horrible idea. But preferably, I'd go modest/mild. At least the Special attack could reach 200. Otherwise you'd get a measly 189 the most.

I'd go with a mixed if you really want to suprise your opponents.

Weavile@Focus Sash
Mild Nature
252 SAtk, 4 Atk, 252 Spd
-Nasty Plot
-Ice Beam
-Dark Pulse/Night Slash/Pursuit
-Brick Break

IDK. Weavile's are much better being physical anyways.

pokemaster1111
09-08-2007, 02:58 AM
Weavile @ Focus Sash
Timid, Pressure

Nasty Plot
Surf
Ice Beam
Dark Pulse

You should also add a physical move in as well, since Weavile's most noticeable stats is it's attack. I agree with your Sp.Atk thing, but just make sure you add something like ice punch instead of ice beam.

Hyper Blaze
09-08-2007, 03:00 AM
It's not a horrible idea. But preferably, I'd go modest/mild. At least the Special attack could reach 200. Otherwise you'd get a measly 189 the most.

I'd go with a mixed if you really want to suprise your opponents.

Weavile@Focus Sash
Mild Nature
252 SAtk, 4 Atk, 252 Spd
-Nasty Plot
-Ice Beam
-Dark Pulse/Night Slash/Pursuit
-Brick Break

IDK. Weavile's are much better being physical anyways.

Agreed. Its better as a SkarmBliss counter, but best as a Physical Sweeper.

cyl3x
09-08-2007, 03:17 AM
Agreed. Its better as a SkarmBliss counter, but best as a Physical Sweeper.

Damage: 53.59% - 62.87%

Not bad. Likely 2HKO. Electivire still does this better though.