PDA

View Full Version : Charizard movesets

goombaghost
09-09-2007, 12:49 AM
I havent actually even breeded this and i'm still looking for a dratini to breed with charmander, but this is what i was thinking for my charizard

Charizard
Rash Nature
- Dragon Rush
- Dragon Dance
- Flame Thrower
- Blast Burn
How is it? What should I change?

I was thinking for the rest of my team, i would have a Blastoise, Venasaur, and Rhydon. I havent thought up the rest yet

and for EVs, would that be when you go to the third tab on a pokemon's profile and it says HP 314/314, and underneath is the HP bar? justt those numbers?

Ulazlo
09-09-2007, 12:53 AM
check this out for ev's. http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48352

your charizard needs a lot of work.

first off only have physical moves or special moves, don't mix them (dragon rush and flamethower).

second, blast burn is a very bad move because you have to spend a turn recharging. using two flamethrowers would do more damage than one blast burn.

that's just a basic overview.

LocamotionEX
09-09-2007, 12:54 AM
It's kinda funny that you have mostly using sp attk moves when you have dragon dance:oops:

Stubby Boardman
09-09-2007, 12:55 AM
Charizard
-timid
-255 spatk and spd
-fire blast
-sunny day
-solar beam
-air slash

air slash and fire blast are stab moves
sunny day increase power of fire blast and can use solar beam on first turn

-or-

Charizard
-jolly
-255 atk and spd
-flare bliz
-aerial ace
-earthquake
-dragon claw

decent physical moves

Cool Kid 94
09-09-2007, 12:57 AM
No, 314 is the stat.

These are my 3 Charizard movesets.

Charizard@Wide Lens
Blaze
Timid (252 Sp. Atk, 252 Spd, 4 HP)
Dragon Pulse
Air Slash
Focus Blast
Fire Blast

Charizard@Salac Berry
Blaze
Jolly (12 HP, 248 Atk, 252 Spd)
Substitute
Belly Drum
Dragon Claw
Fire Punch

Charizard@Salac Berry
Blaze
Modest (252 Sp. Atk, 252 Spd, 4 HP)
Sunny Day
Endure
SolarBeam
Flamethrower

Sunny Day if they won't OHKO you, Endure if they will. If you used Sunny Day, use Endure next. Then Salac Berry should be activated, so you can use Flamethrower with Blaze, Sunny Day, STAB, and the Speed Boost of Salac Berry. SolarBeam if a Kabutops or Omastar comes out. (On regular Rocks and Waters, just use Flamethrower, it does more lol).

Prince J
09-09-2007, 01:08 AM
I havent actually even breeded this and i'm still looking for a dratini to breed with charmander, but this is what i was thinking for my charizard

Charizard
Rash Nature
- Dragon Rush
- Dragon Dance
- Flame Thrower
- Blast Burn
How is it? What should I change?
I was thinking for the rest of my team, i would have a Blastoise, Venasaur, and Rhydon. I havent thought up the rest yet

and for EVs, would that be when you go to the third tab on a pokemon's profile and it says HP 314/314, and underneath is the HP bar? justt those numbers?

Why do you have Dragon Dance if you have no physicals moves?

A Dragon Dancer Charizard should work like this;
*DDancer//Physical Sweeper*
Charizard @Salac Berry
Adamant//Jolly Nature
EVs: 252Atk//252Spd//6HP
~Dragon Dance
~Flare Blitz
~Earthquake
~Shadow Claw//Aerial Ace//Rock Slide//Dragon Claw

There is also 2 other Charizards that works with special attack
There is the;
*Special Sweeper*
Charizard @Salac Berry//Choice Specs
Modest//Jolly Nature
Evs: 252SAtk//252Spd//6HP
~Flamethrower
~Air Slash
~Focus Blast
~Dragon Pulse
and there is the
*Sunny-beamer*
Charizard @Salac Berry
Modest//Jolly Nature
Evs: 252SAtk//252Spd//6HP
~Sunny Day
~Solar Beam
~Flamethrower
~Air Slash//Focus Blast

You should look here (http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-rs/ev.shtml) to know what are Evs.
And I guess you mean that you want Rhyperior and not Rhydon.

goombaghost
09-09-2007, 01:15 AM
Thanks for all the tips. I'm a n00b at breeding, i have no idea how to work with EVs and moves and stuff

I'm gonna go with the Dragon Dancer one. But how would i get the EVs to 252 ATK and 252 Spd? is it just what pokemon i battle?

And I guess you mean that you want Rhyperior and not Rhydon.

And no, i dont really like Rhyperior. I like Rhydon alot better.

The Jr Trainer
09-09-2007, 01:20 AM
So many fun sets :]

Charizard@Heat Rock
Modest| 252 SpAtk / 252 Spd / 6 HP
Sunny Day
FT
Air Slash
Dragon Pulse

Sunny Day set up, and a Specail sweeper. :]
Fun and porbaly most common set :O
~~~~

Charizard@Leftovers
Jolly| 252 ATK / 252 Spd / 6 HP
Belly Drum
Crunch/Dragon Claw
Wing Atk
Fire Fang

If you can set up sleep this set pwns everything. Belly Drum=PWNzor
~~~~

Charizard@Leftovers
Adamant| 252 ATK / 252 Spd / 6 Hp
DD/Sword Dance
Crunch/Dragon Claw
Fire Fang
Wing Atk

DD/SD=Death. Same as the Drummer just no Drum XD

Prince J
09-09-2007, 01:46 AM
Thanks for all the tips. I'm a n00b at breeding, i have no idea how to work with EVs and moves and stuff

I'm gonna go with the Dragon Dancer one. But how would i get the EVs to 252 ATK and 252 Spd? is it just what pokemon i battle?

And no, i dont really like Rhyperior. I like Rhydon alot better.

Pokemon that give HP EVs here (http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-rs/hp.shtml)
Pokemon that give Attack here (http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-rs/attack.shtml)
Pokemon that give Speed here (http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-rs/speed.shtml)

Rhydon is maybe ''cooler'' but not stronger than Rhyperior.

Leman
09-09-2007, 02:00 AM
=/ Belly Zard is actually a pretty useless set as Stealth Rocks own it. DD Zard i also pretty bad,and so is Sunny Beaming Zard. Because of Stealth Rocks it doesn't get time to set up. basically Zard is playing with 50% health most of the time, and setting up would let the opponent hit it/switch to a counter, that would force Zard to switch and never come back in. Sub punching Zard is really the only viable option left.

Charizard@LEftovers
Trait: Blaze
EVs: 100 AtK/156 SAtk/ 252 SPd
Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
-Substitute
-Roost
-Flamethrower
-Focus Punch

Switch in, sub Punch/Roost and try to sweep.

goombaghost
09-09-2007, 12:59 PM
alright, so say i beat 4 whiscash and then level up. i just got 2 hp ev and have to do that 3 more times? if i beat 8 of tem do i get 4 evs? all together i would have to beat 24, right?

Cool Kid 94
09-09-2007, 01:32 PM
That guy confused you.

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48352

Prince J
09-09-2007, 01:51 PM
alright, so say i beat 4 whiscash and then level up. i just got 2 hp ev and have to do that 3 more times? if i beat 8 of tem do i get 4 evs? all together i would have to beat 24, right?

No, if you beat 4 whiscash, you don't need to KO any whiscash anymore. When we say 252/252/6, we are talking about the Ev points and not the boost you will get from the Whiscashs. so, KO 4 Whiscash, and your HP evs will be complete.

goombaghost
09-09-2007, 02:06 PM
No, if you beat 4 whiscash, you don't need to KO any whiscash anymore. When we say 252/252/6, we are talking about the Ev points and not the boost you will get from the Whiscashs. so, KO 4 Whiscash, and your HP evs will be complete.

ooooh. and if i KO 252 zubats or however many medichams, i'm done with speed? (i think its 63)

Cool Kid 94
09-09-2007, 02:06 PM
ooooh. and if i KO 252 zubats or however many medichams, i'm done with speed? (i think its 63)

Yeah, but there are easier and less tedious ways, read the guide I gave you.

goombaghost
09-09-2007, 03:38 PM
Sorrry about all the questions, but what would happen if i had exp. share on my charmander, and beat a whiscash. Then he levels up a few times, how many EVs does he get? just the 2 right? and also, i only need to KO 3 right? Not four?

Cool Kid 94
09-09-2007, 03:41 PM
He gets as many EVs as the number of Whiscash you beat. If it's holding Exp. Share, it's like it battling. He gets 2, and the Pokemon you beat the Whiscash with gets 2.

Also, if you read the guide I gave you, you wouldn't have these questions...

Dawn_PiplupFan1
09-09-2007, 04:20 PM
I have my charizard like this:

Charizard@Salac berry
Timid
Ev's 252 S.attack, 252 Speed, 6 Hp

- Flamethrower
- Air Slash
- Dragon Pulse
- ?? any i guess

Prince J
09-09-2007, 04:46 PM
Sorrry about all the questions, but what would happen if i had exp. share on my charmander, and beat a whiscash. Then he levels up a few times, how many EVs does he get? just the 2 right? and also, i only need to KO 3 right? Not four?

It doesen't matter if you have exp.share or not. It gives the Ev it suppose to give.
and, my mistake sorry. It's 3 Whiscash.