PDA

View Full Version : IMO, the no-legendary elite emerald team

dragontamer999
09-09-2007, 12:52 AM
Levels are irrelevant here. This is to see who can beat my team by match up and no D/P pokemon either they have a slight advantage with dual types.
Charizard
Fire/Flying

Flamethrower
Blast Burn
Steel Wing
Aerial Ace

Cacturne
Grass/Dark

Needle Arm
Giga Drain
Toxic
Faint Attack

Altaria
Dragon/Flying

Dragon Claw
Fly/Sky Attack
Earthquake
Takedown

Golem
Rock/Ground

Earthquake
Focus Punch
Rock Slide
Explosion

Slaking
Normal

ThunderBolt
Shadow Ball
Fire Blast
Dynamic Punch

Slowking
Water/Psychic

Ice Beam
Surf
Psychic
Body Slam???

Spongebob Number One Fan
09-09-2007, 04:48 AM
Why two posts? Just curious...anyways, this team is made of fail. Not to be harsh, but the movesets are poor (that's being nice) and no EVs or natures are posted. If you want a team to counter your team, which I believe was your question, I can post a couple pokemon that could wipe it out:

Kingdra@Leftovers
Trait: Swift Swim
Timid Nature
EVs: 252 Special Attack, 252 HP, 6 Speed
~Rain Dance
~HP Electric
~Surf
~Ice Beam

Eliminates your entire team...and it's UU/BL. It can outspeed all of your pokemon and likely OHKO them all too. Not to be harsh/rude, but it's the truth. To actually help your team, try this for Slaking:

Slaking@Choice Band
Adamnt/Jolly Nature
EVs: 252 Speed, 252 attack, 6 HP
~Earthquake
~Return/Hyper Beam (the ONLY case that hyper beam or any move like it is useful: slaking)
~Shadow Ball
~Focus Punch

Slowking and golem can be walls, but not with those movesets...and you NEED walls.

Leman
09-09-2007, 04:34 PM
...and it's UU/BL.

Kingdra is OU because of its Typing. =\

dragontamer999
09-09-2007, 05:53 PM
what is UU/BU??? What are Ev?

My slaking is holding a choice band i didnt list items so people would concentrate on the movesets and btw my slakings ice beam and thunder with return and shadow ball would wipe the **** out of your kingdra he is now updated in my game. Charizard is the **** because of his speed and attack holding white herb

Altaria is holding lechi berry i dont no why he just is. hes a sweeper along with charizard

Cacturne is an annoyer with his toxic and giga drain. along with (spikes)???

Golem is just a kickass slow sweeper because he has knockout moves

dragontamer999

Leman
09-09-2007, 06:31 PM

UU=Underused, BL=Borderline, OU=Overused. They are ranking tiers. EV are efort values.

My slaking is holding a choice band i didnt list items so people would concentrate on the movesets and btw my slakings ice beam and thunder with return and shadow ball would wipe the **** out of your kingdra he is now updated in my game. Charizard is the **** because of his speed and attack holding white herb

Slaking's SAtk is terrible and Kingdra takes neutral damage from Thunder/ Ice Beam, so that really isn't a threat. Items are part of the moveset. REturn coulcd hurt it but I doubt it will get the KO. It wil,, however give Kingdra time to set up Rain Dance, KO w/ surf

Altaria is holding lechi berry i dont no why he just is. hes a sweeper along with charizard

Leichi Berrry is for sweepers not Heal Bell/Stallers.

That set could work.

Knockout moves?

You should post EV spreads, Items, and natures. Otherwise its not competitive, and therefore should not be on this board.

Spongebob Number One Fan
09-09-2007, 07:45 PM

dragontamer999

I know Leman covered this, but I'd like to explain my reasoning. First off, that kingdra detonates this team. Even if it fell, all good teams I know have five other pokemon. Slaking would get creamed by kingdra, especially if it was set up. Golem isn't a sweeper...it's a tank/physical wall. Or at least I thought so. Not to be rude, but that charizard sucks. Blast Burn lol. Hyper beam moves suck, so don't go showing them off. Listen, my Kingdra's special attack IV is only 15, and it would still wipe out this team. Kingdra has only one weakness, and I doubt slaking could take it out with special attacks. If you want another example, the much more OU starmie wipes out this team. Think b4 you post...really. KO moves? Yeah...whatever. Alteria is far inferior to salamence, especially as a sweeper. Also, if you don't know what EVs are, you shouldn't be posting the team, as any decent team uses EVs in training, AKA EV training. I'm by no means an expert, but I can tell you that your team is very weak. I answered your question, and there are several other pokemon that do a number to this team, so don't act like it's invincible. Check out the other threads to see how better teams are constructed. Cacturne could be an anoyer I guess, but it can't take a hit. Skarm or forry is a much better spiker. What kind of sweeper holds a white herb? Only ones receiving curse via BP to get rid of the speed drop from what I remember. Tell me, how could your slaking beat kingdra if it is faster and OHKOs it in the rain?

dragontamer999
09-11-2007, 06:48 PM
i cant get all the tm's my gameshark isnt working. all suggestions greatly accepted or even better a way to have my gameshark work so i can access all the tm's/hm's in the mod shop!!!! I AM NOT A NEWBIE TRAINER I JUST HAVE LIMITED TM'S!!!!!

HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!

Spongebob Number One Fan
09-11-2007, 07:44 PM
i cant get all the tm's my gameshark isnt working. all suggestions greatly accepted or even better a way to have my gameshark work so i can access all the tm's/hm's in the mod shop!!!! I AM NOT A NEWBIE TRAINER I JUST HAVE LIMITED TM'S!!!!!

HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!
Well, I don't think hacking is exactly good...but the movesets are horrible, which would lead me to beleive you are a n00b. (not saying you are, just the impression we get, ya know?) If one pokemon can run over your team, it is time to scrap that team.

dragontamer999
09-11-2007, 10:16 PM
Well, I don't think hacking is exactly good...but the movesets are horrible, which would lead me to beleive you are a n00b. (not saying you are, just the impression we get, ya know?) If one pokemon can run over your team, it is time to scrap that team.
Well then what do you suggest? and i am not a noob im just too lazy to keep raising pokemon over and over again. I have raised plenty of teams all the way up to the high
70's countless times in previous years i just like to have everything at my disposal it makes things fun and interesting because there are 1000's of possibilities.

any suggestions as to replacement pokemon? i am going to try and clean my gameshark and see if that lets the code thru.

PaPeRpLaNe
09-11-2007, 10:42 PM
i guess i just based my team on cool looking and UU pokemon that people usually wouldnt compete against and remember the ONLY REASON MY MOVESETS SUCK IS BECAUSE I DONT HAVE THE TM'S!!!!

I'll say this once, please fix your typing and your habit of double-posting and spamming.

No, the reason you're moves are bad is because you placed bad moves there.

shedinjask
09-11-2007, 11:21 PM
Why don't you post what moves you want them to have? That's what we can really rate.

Spongebob Number One Fan
09-12-2007, 12:18 AM
Why don't you post what moves you want them to have? That's what we can really rate.
Last I checked there is NO excuse for having blast burn...post an EV trained team and then we'll talk. Also, please lose that excuse about the TMs. Start your game over, simple as that. Not like you'll be losing much...I mean, why use your TMs on your ingame team? That makes no sense...and last I checked Slaking was OU...

dragontamer999
09-12-2007, 07:27 PM
New team, movesets are what i would like them to be, the pokemon are what i have. I hope you guys like this team a lot better than my other team. because imo compared to this team, that other team disgraced my reputation as a pokemon trainer.Sorry about the messy word grouping i tried to seperate the pokemon and the movesets so that they would be easily readable.

Dragonite/Persim Berry....... Milotic/Leftovers
Outrage ....... Surf
Earthquake ....... Ice Beam
Thunder ...... HydroPump/MirrorCoat
Blizzard ...... Toxic

Moltres/BrightPowder ...... Salamence/Leichi Berry
Flamethrower/FireSpin ...... DragonClaw
FireBlast ...... Crunch
Aerial Ace ...... Flamethrower
Safeguard ...... Fly

Exeggutor/Lum Berry ...... Machamp/Focus Band
Giga Drain ...... Cross Chop
Egg Bomb ...... Earthquake/Rock Slide
Psychic ...... Focus Punch
Sludge Bomb(a substitute for toxic)...... Ice Punch/Thunderpunch

Stubby Boardman
09-12-2007, 08:05 PM
Charizard
Fire/Flying
nature: jolly or timid
ev stats: atk or apatk/spd

dragon claw
fire blitz
earthquake or brick break
Fly or aerial ace

-or-

sunny day
fire blast
solarbeam
Air Slash

Cacturne
Grass/Dark
nature: jolly or timid
ev stats: atk or spatk/spd

sandstorm
giga drain or energy ball
spikes
dragon pulse

-or-

sandstorm
spikes
needle arm
faint atk

Altaria Nothing at this time srry
Dragon/Flying

Dragon Claw
Fly/Sky Attack
Earthquake
Takedown

Golem Nothing at this time srry
Rock/Ground

Earthquake
Focus Punch
Rock Slide
Explosion

Slaking
Normal
nature: jolly
ev stats: atk/spd

Earthquake
brick break
giga impact
shadow claw

Slowking
Water/Psychic
nature: bold
ev stats: 252 spatk 128 dfe/spdfe

Psychic
Trump Card
Water Pulse
Ice Beam

if u have any questions on the changes please pm me

Ranma
09-12-2007, 08:12 PM
This is emerald so remember there is no physical / special split yet and no D/P moves.

Spongebob Number One Fan
09-12-2007, 08:20 PM
New team, movesets are what i would like them to be, the pokemon are what i have. I hope you guys like this team a lot better than my other team. because imo compared to this team, that other team disgraced my reputation as a pokemon trainer.Sorry about the messy word grouping i tried to seperate the pokemon and the movesets so that they would be easily readable.

Dragonite/Persim Berry....... Milotic/Leftovers
Outrage ....... Surf
Earthquake ....... Ice Beam
Thunder ...... HydroPump/MirrorCoat
Blizzard ...... Toxic

Moltres/BrightPowder ...... Salamence/Leichi Berry
Flamethrower/FireSpin ...... DragonClaw
FireBlast ...... Crunch
Aerial Ace ...... Flamethrower
Safeguard ...... Fly

Exeggutor/Lum Berry ...... Machamp/Focus Band
Giga Drain ...... Cross Chop
Egg Bomb ...... Earthquake/Rock Slide
Psychic ...... Focus Punch
Sludge Bomb(a substitute for toxic)...... Ice Punch/Thunderpunch

This team also fails. It is ingame, and would get demolished in competitive. Dragonite with blizzard? No. Milotic with hydro pump or mirror coat w/o recover? No. Machamp with special attacks? NO! It's special attack is less than my dog's special attack...Egg bomb on eggy? No! That's why there's return. Eggy needs to be a sunnybeamer to sweep, and sludge bomb has terrible coverage. Fly on Mence? No. NEVER use fly. 2 fire attacks on moltres? No!

Okay, sorry to be a rude jerk, but this is a noob team. I'm not saying you are a noob, but this team sure is. Totally made of fail. You can fix this though...

Eggy@Leftovers
Timid Nature
EVs: 252 Special Attack, 252 Speed, 6 HP
~Sunny Day
~Solarbeam
~HP Fire
~Psychic

Sunnybeamer that gains speed with ability...in the sun.

Mence@Choice Band
Adamant/Jolly Nature
EVs: 252 Speed, 252 Attack, 6 HP
~EQ
~Aerial Ace/HP Flying
~Rock Slide
~Brick Break/Return

CBmence.

Machamp@Leftovers/Choice Band (with the attack moves)
Adamant Nature
EVs: 252 Attack, rest in what you want really...probably defenses and HP
~EQ
~Cross Chop
~Rest/HP Bug
~Sleep Talk/Rock Slide

Resttalk/CB Machamp. Both work well.

Milotic@Leftovers
Bold Nature
EVs: 252 HP, 152 Defense, 100 Special Attack
~Rest/Recover
~Sleep Talk/Mirror Coat
~Surf
~Ice Beam

Either mirror coat or resttalk milotic...you choose.

Dragonite@Leftovers/Shell Bell
Adamant/Jolly Nautre
~DD
~EQ
~Aerial Ace
~HP Rock

There is always flamethrower/fire blast for skarm...but yeah, DDing Nite for ya. I love this set.

I won't do moltres and its poor excuse of a movepool.

Where are your walls? Only milotic can take a hit...you also get drummed by rock moves, moltres and the dragons. What's with all the sweepers? You have no strategy on this team at all. Almost all sweepers and attack moves. I hate to be so critical, but brutal honesty is needed.

Stubby Boardman
09-12-2007, 10:02 PM
This is emerald so remember there is no physical / special split yet and no D/P moves.

well if he ever decides to transfer his pkmn to diamond or pearl then he can take a look at what i have been untill then he can just pass it up

Spongebob Number One Fan
09-12-2007, 10:16 PM
well if he ever decides to transfer his pkmn to diamond or pearl then he can take a look at what i have been untill then he can just pass it up
Yeah, but this is for emerald regardless...Anyways, here is THE best special wall to use. Period.

Blissey@Leftovers
Bold Nature
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Defense, 6 HP
~Aromatherapy
~Softboiled
~Thunder Wave
~Seismic Toss

and the best phys. wall:

Skarmory@Leftovers
Impish Nature
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Defense, 6 Attack
~Spikes
~Roar
~Drill Peck
~Toxic

and a recommended physical sweeper/tank:

Metagross@Leftovers/Shell Bell
Adamant Nature
EVs: 252 Attack, maybe 100 or so in speed, rest in Def/HP
~Agility
~EQ
~Meteor Mash
~Explosion

Hope that helped you get a much better team started...

dragontamer999
09-13-2007, 12:21 AM
This team also fails. It is ingame, and would get demolished in competitive. Dragonite with blizzard? No. Milotic with hydro pump or mirror coat w/o recover? No. Machamp with special attacks? NO! It's special attack is less than my dog's special attack...Egg bomb on eggy? No! That's why there's return. Eggy needs to be a sunnybeamer to sweep, and sludge bomb has terrible coverage. Fly on Mence? No. NEVER use fly. 2 fire attacks on moltres? No!

Okay, sorry to be a rude jerk, but this is a noob team. I'm not saying you are a noob, but this team sure is. Totally made of fail. You can fix this though...

Eggy@Leftovers
Timid Nature
EVs: 252 Special Attack, 252 Speed, 6 HP
~Sunny Day
~Solarbeam
~HP Fire
~Psychic

Sunnybeamer that gains speed with ability...in the sun.

Mence@Choice Band
Adamant/Jolly Nature
~EQ
~Aerial Ace/HP Flying
~Rock Slide
~Brick Break/Return

CBmence.

Machamp@Leftovers/Choice Band (with the attack moves)
Adamant Nature
EVs: 252 Attack, rest in what you want really...probably defenses and HP
~EQ
~Cross Chop
~Rest/HP Bug
~Sleep Talk/Rock Slide

Resttalk/CB Machamp. Both work well.

Milotic@Leftovers
Bold Nature
EVs: 252 HP, 152 Defense, 100 Special Attack
~Rest/Recover
~Sleep Talk/Mirror Coat
~Surf
~Ice Beam

Either mirror coat or resttalk milotic...you choose.

Dragonite@Leftovers/Shell Bell
Adamant/Jolly Nautre
~DD
~EQ
~Aerial Ace
~HP Rock

There is always flamethrower/fire blast for skarm...but yeah, DDing Nite for ya. I love this set.

I won't do moltres and its poor excuse of a movepool.

Where are your walls? Only milotic can take a hit...you also get drummed by rock moves, moltres and the dragons. What's with all the sweepers? You have no strategy on this team at all. Almost all sweepers and attack moves. I hate to be so critical, but brutal honesty is needed.
would milotic be ok w/toxic since milotic can take a hit and has high attack if one hit doesnt kill than the toxic could finish the job.

Thank you Spongebob fan i cant get it through my thick head that the pokemon that would work to get through the game(ingame) and competitive lineups. Ill do some serious work with the advice you just gave me.

HEY WAIT A MINUTE IF YOU GUYS ARENT CHEATING TO GET TMS TO TEACH TO YOUR POKEMON HOW THE FU** ARE YOUR POKEMON SO GOOD???? I HAVE A FEELING THERES AN EASIER WAY TO GET THESE GREAT LINEUPS WITHOUT HAVING TO CONTINUALLY RESTART AND TRAIN ALL OVER AGAIN THAT YOU GUYS ARENT TELLING ME...

shedinjask
09-13-2007, 08:29 PM
It's called dedication, doing your research, breeding, and not being an idiot.

Spongebob Number One Fan
09-13-2007, 09:40 PM
would milotic be ok w/toxic since milotic can take a hit and has high attack if one hit doesnt kill than the toxic could finish the job.

Thank you Spongebob fan i cant get it through my thick head that the pokemon that would work to get through the game(ingame) and competitive lineups. Ill do some serious work with the advice you just gave me.

HEY WAIT A MINUTE IF YOU GUYS ARENT CHEATING TO GET TMS TO TEACH TO YOUR POKEMON HOW THE FU** ARE YOUR POKEMON SO GOOD???? I HAVE A FEELING THERES AN EASIER WAY TO GET THESE GREAT LINEUPS WITHOUT HAVING TO CONTINUALLY RESTART AND TRAIN ALL OVER AGAIN THAT YOU GUYS ARENT TELLING ME...

lol. Milotic has base 60 attack:dazed:, which is that of a stick. And no, toxic isn't great on milotic by any means. And as shedinjask just pointed out, getting TMs and multiple leftovers is called hard work and dedication. There is no easy way, unless you hack, but we don't. We are telling you everything...I post a lot more on Pokecommunity than here, and I'll tell you that you could look there, as well as smogon, srebii, or whatever forum, and no good battler hacks...and by good battler I mean dedicated battler.

And do you realize that caps lock is evil? You don't have to restart your game to make a good team...anybody knows that. And really, please implement walls into your team, as once milotic faints, and a couple of sweepers will do that to it, you will be swept away easily. End. Of. Story. You need a spinner, a few walls...yeah, that team, even with my movesets, is WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY to unbalanced for competitive battling. End.

In conclusion, we are telling you all we can. Now, use those TMs wisely (as in, only on EVed pokemon) and have all the necessary roles covered. Then we can give you a more serious rate.

Seawolf
09-13-2007, 10:30 PM
These are for you, dragontamer.

- Watch your language, as there are kids running around here
- Do not double post
- Read the rules. You can find it near the top as a stuck thread

Have a nice day.

dragontamer999
09-14-2007, 01:26 AM
what is the difference between ingame pokemon which is that what you guys are rating cruely as if you guys are the masters of the game in every which way possible are the pokemon that i see everytime i turn on my gameboy and select "pokemon" versus competitive teams last time i looked this thread was not just dedicated to competitive lineups and if you please rate my team based on an ingame scale.

Fire Away
09-14-2007, 01:41 AM
The #1 Rule for this forum:
Post ONLY level 100 teams for competitive battling.

Do NOT post in-game teams!

Be glad I removed the size tags. :P

Spongebob Number One Fan
09-14-2007, 08:26 PM
what is the difference between ingame pokemon which is that what you guys are rating cruely as if you guys are the masters of the game in every which way possible are the pokemon that i see everytime i turn on my gameboy and select "pokemon" versus competitive teams last time i looked this thread was not just dedicated to competitive lineups and if you please rate my team based on an ingame scale.

I rarely do this, but I'm gonna mouth you off. First, read the dang rules...sheesh. Somebody already quoted that though, so I'll move on. Now I'm at my wits end and you are officially a "n00b" to me...why?

-no good trainer uses hyper beam like moves...like charizard having blast burn...really, those moves SUCK.

-No good trainer uses two moves of the same type on one pokemon, with only a few exceptions...and moltres isn't one of those exceptions.

-No good team, unlike yours, doesn't have ANY walls...very n00bish indeed...

-No good team doesn't EV train their pokemon...in oither words, LEARN ABOUT EVs!

-There is no such thing as a knockout move...except for OHKO moves like fissure, but only n00bs use those.

There are plenty more n00b things about your team, but I'd get too carried away if I started listing the LONG list it would become.

We aren't saying we're the best ever, you're just assuming we are, which is totally unfair. We actually know what we're talking about though, unlike you, so it might be smart to listen up. Ingame teams fail...simple, so don't act like yours is any exception, because it's not. In fact, there are many INGAME teams that swamp yours...your teams have no strategy...AT ALL. Any SERIOUS battler does battle competitively, so you aren't very serious if you don't battle competitively, and link battles don't count.

There, I'm done venting. I'll be reporting this thread...and that way a mod can close this useless thread...but it's their call.

shedinjask
09-14-2007, 10:31 PM
and moltres isn't one of those exceptions.

Specstres. </nitpick>

Spongebob Number One Fan
09-14-2007, 11:42 PM
Specstres. </nitpick>
Yeah, but this is 3rd gen...thus specstres doesn't exist. Really, there are almost no exceptions in 3rd gen, while things like specsmence run around in D/P, the common denominator being choice specs...but specstres wouldn't save this team anyhow.

Neo Emolga
09-15-2007, 12:46 AM
Guys, you tried. Thanks for at least trying to help.