PDA

View Full Version : DVD Series Box Sets?

Jack of Clovers
03-01-2005, 08:55 AM
I know, I know. Pokemon DVD's are out and such... this and that. but they only sell them as one DVD for 3(4?) episodes each.

im wondering, why don't they (pokemon companies) make a series collection set or something like that, like for each league series and package them in Box Sets. i bet they can do this and put in a lot of extra features. or do they have these sets already and i just don't know about it :susp:

discuss as needed.

~Jack~

Pokemon Trainer Sarah
03-01-2005, 09:28 AM
I think only the Master Quest series has a boxed set. I wish they would do it for the others too, especially Indigo and Orange Islands, I've been looking for those episodes everywhere with no luck.

I think there were three DVD's with all the Orange Islands episodes available in the US as well, I saw them for sale on www.pokemoncenter.com.

Even if they did make series collection sets like that I doubt they would make it to Australia anyway :tongue: *sigh* Guess I'll have to keep hoping that Cartoon Network shows the original Indigo series so that I can tape them :ermm:

Missingno mystery
03-01-2005, 04:23 PM
Originally, the Indigo league was jest on VHS cause DVD's weren't as popular back then, but when they did get popular, the distributor jest rewrote the VHS's on a DVD so thats why (with the exception of the last red box) there are only 3 eps on one DVD. Also the DVD's actually didn't become popular until they made the 1st GS sets which is why they are also 3 eps only. You will see though going to Amazon.com, the 2nd half on the Johto series DVD's have 5 eps where the VHS's still only have 3 and the Orange Islands series never came to VHS's, they jest put about 12 eps on one DVD spanning across 3 discs (I think around 4 eps with a few extra minutes is all 1 of there VHS's can hold and thats why). Also I have the last 4th season DVD and it has 10 eps on it. I think though with the 5th season they finally got the idea and so that part is all included in 2 box sets (I got the 1st one), how ever they didn't do this until after the release of the Advanced series :rolleyes: (which also has 5 eps on a DVD instead of 3).

Orange_Flaaffy
03-13-2005, 05:50 PM
If you live in a tiny town like I do, where your Wal-Mart only gets the pokemon episodes on VHS, it can be very disheartening. As everyone proablity knows, when the Advanced series came along someone got the bright idea to only put three episodes on each VHS and skip two episodes between each volume, making them only watchable if you bought the DVD verison. Now, I know for a fact that this was most likely done to make the DVDs sell better but really, a VHS *can* hold more episodes if done the right way. *sigh* Just my random rant about the DVDs not being for sale everywhere :oops:

plasmaball3000
03-13-2005, 10:09 PM
I'm still holding onto the dream of box sets like the Master Quest ones for the first and third seasons, but my hope is running thin. Please, let us have our Pokemon on DVD without spending our life savings!

Missingno mystery
03-14-2005, 02:40 PM
If you live in a tiny town like I do, where your Wal-Mart only gets the pokemon episodes on VHS, it can be very disheartening. As everyone proablity knows, when the Advanced series came along someone got the bright idea to only put three episodes on each VHS and skip two episodes between each volume, making them only watchable if you bought the DVD verison. Now, I know for a fact that this was most likely done to make the DVDs sell better but really, a VHS *can* hold more episodes if done the right way. *sigh* Just my random rant about the DVDs not being for sale everywhere :oops:
Pretty much same here :rolleyes: . I have found though, my ToysRus has some (not all) of the Advanced DVDs. Thats where I got my last of the 4th series DVD from. There is also a stores (most if not always, found in a mall setting) call'd FYE that sells Pokemon DVD's but they can be up to $4 more. And one other store (where I got my MQ box set about 6 days before it was to be out) is Borders a book/music/movie store :wink: .

Orange_Flaaffy
03-14-2005, 04:02 PM
Pretty much same here :rolleyes: . I have found though, my ToysRus has some (not all) of the Advanced DVDs. Thats where I got my last of the 4th series DVD from. There is also a stores (most if not always, found in a mall setting) call'd FYE that sells Pokemon DVD's but they can be up to $4 more. And one other store (where I got my MQ box set about 6 days before it was to be out) is Borders a book/music/movie store :wink: .
My town only has Wal-Mart and it is not even a Super one. No ToysRus, FYE or Borders. Heck, we don't even have a real book store :susp:

ElimN8
03-15-2005, 04:00 PM
I wouldn't ever really consider buying the Pokémon DVDs until they came out with an uncut, bilingual version, which 4Kids will never do.

Orange_Flaaffy
03-15-2005, 06:10 PM
I have a few uncut in RAW japanese from Japan VHSs of the show and really there are not that many differences between our verison and the un-dubbed one. Unless you are talking about the really early episodes or the skipped ones..

Resident_Screamo
04-05-2005, 10:54 PM
Woah Woah Woah... Hold up.

they sell the series on DVD... you kidding me right.. ive been in HMV, Virgin, www.play.com EVERYwere asking if they do the series on dvd... and everywere i go says no.

so... the series is available to buy?

Missingno mystery
04-06-2005, 03:37 PM
Woah Woah Woah... Hold up.

they sell the series on DVD... you kidding me right.. ive been in HMV, Virgin, www.play.com EVERYwere asking if they do the series on dvd... and everywere i go says no.

so... the series is available to buy?
Yes, you can get most of the series on ether VHS or DVD, and if your stores are those that refuse to sell them try www.amazon.com. I also suggest that you don't buy the first series on DVD, go with VHS because you get the samething cheaper, and buy the 6th series on DVD cause you get 2 eps not on VHS. To save more money you can also go to ebay.com.

Resident_Screamo
04-06-2005, 06:48 PM
Yes, you can get most of the series on ether VHS or DVD, and if your stores are those that refuse to sell them try www.amazon.com. I also suggest that you don't buy the first series on DVD, go with VHS because you get the samething cheaper, and buy the 6th series on DVD cause you get 2 eps not on VHS. To save more money you can also go to ebay.com.

Awesome

Have a Cookie