PDA

View Full Version : New Terrain & Rules Updates Found

Rpgraccoon
09-13-2007, 05:17 PM
I was doing some digging on the Smogon board and found this. I figured it could come in handy so here ya go. Also, this is where the Light Ball info came from.

New Terrains: Snow, Road, Building

Why is Sunny Day not a random weather option under any of the terrains? I think it should be.

Edit: I found PBR: Terrains As Well and Camo.

Nature Power: Has some new moves chosen for the various arenas in DP:

Road / Desert = Earthquake
Building = Tri Attack
Grass / Tall grass = Seed Bomb
Cave / Mountain = Rock Slide
Snow = Blizzard
Pond / Ocean = Hydro Pump

Note that in WiFi / link battles, only one attack can be chosen, and that's Tri Attack.

In PBR:

Gateway - Hydro Pump
Main Street - Tri Attack
Waterfall - Seed Bomb
Neon - Tri Attack
Crystal - Rock Slide
Sunny Park - Seed Bomb
Magma - Rock Slide
Sunset - Earthquake
Courtyard - Tri Attack
Stargazer - Rock Slide

Secret Power:
Road / Desert = Lowers Accuracy 1 stage
Building = Paralyzes
Grass / Tall grass = Sleep
Cave / Mountain = Flinches
Snow = Freezes
Pond / Ocean = Lowers Attack 1 stage

Note that in WiFi / link battles, the only available stage is Building, so you only can Paralyze with Secret Power there.

Secret Power in Battle Revolution:

Gateway - Lowers Attack
Main Street - Paralyze
Waterfall - Sleep
Neon - Paralyze
Crystal - Flinch
Sunny Park - Sleep
Magma - Flinch
Sunset - Lowers Accuracy
Courtyard - Paralyze
Stargazer - Flinch

Camouflage (http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26660&highlight=Camouflage): What you get in DP WiFi / Union Room

Building - Normal
Road / Desert - Ground
Grass / Tall Grass - Grass
Pond / Ocean - Water
Cave / Mountain - Rock
Snow - Ice

What you get from the terrains in PBR

Gateway - Water
Main Street - Normal
Waterfall - Grass
Neon - Normal
Crystal - Rock
Sunny Park - Grass
Magma - Rock
Sunset - Ground
Courtyard - Normal
Stargazer - Rock

Pikablu Pie
09-15-2007, 11:39 PM
New Terrains: Snow, Road, Building

Building isn't new, or at least I think it isn't. :confused: I think it's a terrain in places in FRLG/RSE like thr Trick House and Silph Co. Pretty sure it made Swift in the old games.

Nice find though. Maybe Nature Power will be used more due to the new attacks for it.

drazzon
09-17-2007, 10:18 AM
Building isn't new, or at least I think it isn't. :confused: I think it's a terrain in places in FRLG/RSE like thr Trick House and Silph Co. Pretty sure it made Swift in the old games.

Nice find though. Maybe Nature Power will be used more due to the new attacks for it.
yeah, or the Tin tower in G/S/C

Tamer Marco
09-17-2007, 12:03 PM
This was a good find...but who exactly uses Nature Power anyway? :x

Rpgraccoon
09-17-2007, 01:12 PM
Well I use it a ton. Plus, the links I gave out shows info on other moves, items, ect... that have updated.

Here are three new rule updates from the same thread researched and proven.

Bide: Now has the same move priority as Quick Attack, Extremespeed, etc.

Tickle: No longer hits through Substitutes.

Twineedle: Contrary to popular belief, it cannot Poison Steel types.

Smurf
09-17-2007, 05:46 PM
yeah, or the Tin tower in G/S/C
No, I'm pretty sure Nature Power didn't turn to swift in Tin Tower. I think my reasoning behind that is due to the fact that it was a move introduced in RSE...Therefore it has never existed in the same game as Nature Power to date.

They aren't the most useful attacks in my opinion, but I suppose they could come in handy on rare occasions.

umbreonandespeon
09-17-2007, 05:59 PM
This idea could work, I think it could, I'll wait for Mike's opinion.

~U&E~

Smurf
09-17-2007, 06:04 PM
This idea could work, I think it could, I'll wait for Mike's opinion.

~U&E~
What...idea? These are already applications in the game. These are just the updated DP version of them, which we haven't exactly been using. Only idea that might be up in the air is Revolution battle terrains. =P

umbreonandespeon
09-17-2007, 06:05 PM
I know, I'm just saying they should be added.

~U&E~

Jack of Clovers
09-17-2007, 06:32 PM
Road and Building are the same as Sand and Normal. Added Snow Terrain to the list. The new moves from Nature Power/Secret Power were added in, giving you a choice which move or effect you want to use.

Twineedle updated too. Guess the Ref Quiz will need to be changed.

~Jack~

Rpgraccoon
09-18-2007, 12:09 PM
Road and Building are the same as Sand and Normal. Added Snow Terrain to the list. The new moves from Nature Power/Secret Power were added in, giving you a choice which move or effect you want to use.

Twineedle updated too. Guess the Ref Quiz will need to be changed.

~Jack~

A Road wouldn't have a constant sandstorm though. I'll go thought the thread for additional info.

Also, Jack you have an error in your update. Underwater shouldn't have any choices. Pond should though.

P.S. you may be able to answer my question. Why is Sunny Day not a random weather condition?

Additional threads: Moves (http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21870), Abilities (http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21511), & Items (http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21848).

More Interesting Data:

[NAME]
Substitute ***
[SHORT DESC]
Takes 1/4 the user's max HP to create a Substitute that takes damage for the user.
[LONG DESC]
Takes 1/4 the user's max HP to create a Substitute that takes damage and blocks non-damaging moves until it's broken or the user switches. If Substitute "blocks" something, it means that if a Substitute is up, whatever is blocked will fail if targeted at the Pokemon behind the Substitute. Unless specifically noted, all moves work normally when used by a Pokemon that has a Substitute up.

Substitute blocks all status effects. Synchronize can still inflict status on a Substituted Pokemon. Substitute blocks Leech Seed. Doom Desire and Future Sight do damage to the Substitute. All other end-of-turn damage is done to the Pokemon, not the Substitute. Substitute blocks flinching.

Substitute blocks Copycat, Ghost's Curse, Dream Eater, Embargo, Gastro Acid, Grudge, Lock-On, Mimic, Mind Reader, Nightmare, Pain Split, Psycho Shift, Sketch, Switcheroo, Trick, Worry Seed.

Substitute does not block Destiny Bond, Disable, Foresight, Guard Swap, Haze, Heart Swap, Imprison, Miracle Eye, Odor Sleuth, Perish Song, Power Swap, Psych Up, Roar, Role Play, Skill Swap, Spite, Transform, Yawn, or Whirlwind.

If Yawn is used on a Pokemon who then uses Substitute, however, it will still go to Sleep.

Present damages the Substitute if it rolls damage, but heals the Pokemon if it rolls healing.

Rage does not boost Attack when a Substitute is hit.

If a Pokemon has a Substitute up and switches or U-Turns out, the Substitute will take the damage from Pursuit.

Moves that leech damage still leech when used on a Substitute.

If a multi-hit move breaks the Substitute, successive hits will damage the Pokemon that was formerly behind the Substitute.

When Baton Passed, Substitute keeps its HP. The Substitute does not take damage from Spikes or Stealth Rock; the Pokemon receiving the Substitute does. Baton Passing a Substitute prevents Toxic Spikes from Poisoning the recipient.

Partial-trapping moves (Bind, Clamp, Fire Spin, Magma Storm, Sand Tomb, Whirlpool, and Wrap) do their single-hit damage, but do not do any end-of-turn damage, nor do they trap for 2-5 turns. Substitute blocks the effects of an enemy's full-trapping move (Block, Mean Look, and Spider Web).

Damage due to a Pokemon hitting itself in its Confusion goes straight to the Pokemon, not to the Substitute. Recoil goes to the user, not the Substitute. Substitute blocks both the stat boost and the Confusion of Flatter and Swagger.

Pokemon cannot Counter, Metal Burst, or Mirror Coat damage done to Substitutes. Pokemon cannot store energy via Bide with damage done to a Substitute. Pokemon can reflect moves with Magic Coat while behind a Substitute, even if the move would fail on the Substitute. Avalanche and Revenge are not boosted if the Substitute takes damage but the Pokemon does not.

Life Orb's 10% max HP recoil does not activate when attacking a Substitute, but the 30% damage boost does. Enigma Berry, Jaboca Berry, and Rowap Berry do not activate on a Substituted Pokemon. Confusion-inducing berries heal, but do not induce Confusion on a Substituted Pokemon.

Endeavor does damage based on the HP of the Pokemon behind the Substitute, not the remaining HP of the Substitute. Super Fang does damage based on the Pokemon's HP, not the Substitute's. False Swipe can break Substitutes.

Substitute blocks the item-removing aspect of Knock Off. Substitute does not block the secondary effects of Rapid Spin. Smellingsalt does not get double power against, nor does it cure the Paralysis of a Paralyzed Pokemon behind a Substitute. Wake-up Slap does not get double power against, nor does it cure the Paralysis of a Paralyzed Pokemon behind a Substitute.

Substitute blocks Intimidate, but aside from that, all abilities ignore Substitute completely.

[NAME]
Trick Room
[SHORT DESC]
Slower Pokemon move first for 5 turns.
[LONG DESC]
For 5 turns, slower Pokemon move before faster ones - reversing the normal turn order. This does not affect priority--higher priority moves will still be used before lower priority ones. Pokemon with Full Incense, Lagging Tail, or Stall completely ignore Trick Room. Using Trick Room when Trick Room is already in effect will remove Trick Room.

Weather Ball
[SHORT DESC]
Doubles in power and changes type if there is weather.
[LONG DESC]
Has 100 power under any weather. Hail turns it into an Ice attack, Rain turns it into a Water attack, Sandstorm turns it into a Rock attack, and Sunlight turns it into a Fire attack.

More on Trick Room.

Trick Room: On the turn Trick Room is used, the move ALWAYS goes last. Even Roar and Whirlwind beat it! It does not affect the move priority of moves, however - Extremespeed\Mach Punch still goes first, Counter\Mirror Coat\Roar\etc. go last.

Figured a little more couldn't hurt.

Cloud Nine ***
[SHORT DESC]
Blocks the effects of weather.
[LONG DESC]
While Pokemon with Cloud Nine are out, the effects of weather are temporarily disabled. Fire and Water moves are at normal power in Sun and Rain, Rocks have normal Special Defense in Sandstorm, Solarbeam has 120 power and takes 2 turns, and Blizzard and Thunder have normal Accuracy. The game will report that the weather is still going, however. The weather's effects will return when the Pokemon with Cloud Nine switches out.

[ABILITY]
Magic Guard
[SHORT DESC]
Prevents indirect damage.
[LONG DESC]
Spikes, Stealth Rock, Burn, Poison, Leech Seed, Hail, Sandstorm, Nightmare, Bad Dreams, Life Orb's 10% recoil damage, and regular recoil do no damage to this Pokemon. Struggle's recoil, however, will still damage a Magic Guard Pokemon. Note that this Pokemon can be Poisoned or Burned, but it will not take any damage. Burn's attack drop will still apply. Leech Seed will neither damage a Magic Guard Pokemon nor heal its enemy.

[ABILITY]
Synchronize
[SHORT DESC]
When statused, the enemy is also statused.
[LONG DESC]
If another Pokemon inflicts Burn, Paralysis, or Poison on the ability-bearer, then the enemy receives the status as well. Toxic Poison is passed on as regular Poison. Self-induced status is not passed on.

The Raccoon has scurried through the garbage enough for today enjoy.

Focal
09-18-2007, 02:27 PM
Trick Room: On the turn Trick Room is used, the move ALWAYS goes last. Even Roar and Whirlwind beat it! It does not affect the move priority of moves, however - Extremespeed\Mach Punch still goes first, Counter\Mirror Coat\Roar\etc. go last.

If Roar beats Trick Room, then why does it say here that it goes last? =| Which is it, first or last? XD

DarkGardevoir
09-18-2007, 02:36 PM
Raccoon, there's no random Sunny weather because, unless when Groudon entered in play in Ruby/Emerald, there's no way any route can have it, that's why we don't have it

So, unless we introduce the terrain "NEar Groudon" we can't really have it as random weather

Rpgraccoon
09-18-2007, 03:19 PM
If Roar beats Trick Room, then why does it say here that it goes last? =| Which is it, first or last? XD

When Trick Room is used it is the last move used regardless. However, when Trick Room is in play it doesn't affect Counter/Roar/Whirlwind ect...

Raccoon, there's no random Sunny weather because, unless when Groudon entered in play in Ruby/Emerald, there's no way any route can have it, that's why we don't have it

So, unless we introduce the terrain "NEar Groudon" we can't really have it as random weather

In nature though it is a condition. Sun Should be an option. Oh well, it is really not random weather if all weather is not included.

Remember the Sahara Desert or a hot Summer Day.

So DG is all for Fog though and not SD. It is all around D/P terrains.

earth_type_rule
09-18-2007, 03:43 PM
When Trick Room is used it is the last move used regardless. However, when Trick Room is in play it doesn't affect Counter/Roar/Whirlwind ect...

In nature though it is a condition. Sun Should be an option. Oh well, it is really not random weather if all weather is not included.

Remember the Sahara Desert or a hot Summer Day.

So DG is all for Fog though and not SD. It is all around D/P terrains.

Sandstorm is found in the two routes near stark mountain. Just to let you know :P

Rpgraccoon
09-18-2007, 04:56 PM
Sandstorm is found in the two routes near stark mountain. Just to let you know :P

Thanks for the backup ETR. Now I must scurry along and dig deeper into the trash.

I think I did figure out the Trick Room post.

It has a -Attack Priority so negative that all moves go before it. AkA in a normal battle Counter/Mirror Coat/Whirlwind would go before it.

However when in a trick room all moves that have priorities are not affected. Thus, Counter/Mirror Coat/Whirlwind go last.

Jack of Clovers
09-19-2007, 03:11 AM
A Road wouldn't have a constant sandstorm though. I'll go thought the thread for additional info.
Oh, that's true. I'll add Road on.

Weather- battlers can decide beforehand what weather they want, if any. Sunny, Rain, Hail. Even Fog too, because that's always fun. :tongue:

The Rain % was listed in case the ref wanted to roll for it, but I don't think anyone does. I'll just take that out.

~Jack~

Rpgraccoon
09-19-2007, 03:23 AM

Weather- battlers can decide beforehand what weather they want, if any. Sunny, Rain, Hail. Even Fog too, because that's always fun. :tongue:

The Rain % was listed in case the ref wanted to roll for it, but I don't think anyone does. I'll just take that out.

~Jack~

if any terrain is rolled besides Snow or Sand you could roll for any weather instead of a percentage. Sand Sun Clear Rain Hail =1d5 1d6 if you add fog XD.

Also don't forget the error with the pond. It has the choices not underwater.

DarkGardevoir
09-19-2007, 07:40 AM

~Jack~

Don't take random rain out! Luck is part of the game, and personally, I always do, whenever random terrain comes to grass, tall grass, mountain, pond or ocean(even if, usuall, with the last 2 never rains)

Rpgraccoon
09-19-2007, 01:20 PM
Don't take random rain out! Luck is part of the game, and personally, I always do, whenever random terrain comes to grass, tall grass, mountain, pond or ocean(even if, usuall, with the last 2 never rains)

eh if it stays in random sun should be added to each of those terrains. It can still be determined just roll 1d6 on a road and you have all the weather conditions including clear. For the ocean do the same but remove the sandstorm making it a 1d5.

Either way I found other useful updates Weatherball for instance increases power under any weather to 100. It is only 50 power under no weather conditions.

Also, under the random terrains you marked road as 3. Jack I am sure you meant to put it as 11.

Loyal Arcanine
09-19-2007, 01:55 PM
eh if it stays in random sun should be added to each of those terrains. It can still be determined just roll 1d6 on a road and you have all the weather conditions including clear. For the ocean do the same but remove the sandstorm making it a 1d5.

Either way I found other useful updates Weatherball for instance increases power under any weather to 100. It is only 50 power under no weather conditions.

Also, under the random terrains you marked road as 3. Jack I am sure you meant to put it as 11.
Weatherball did that already in RSE.

Rpgraccoon
09-19-2007, 02:00 PM
Weatherball did that already in RSE.

Ah, but in the encyclopedia it doesn't say it does do that.