PDA

View Full Version : PE2K Banner Contest Discussion

Nefarious
03-02-2005, 10:46 PM
Well I had an idea for a weekly banner competition kind of like the Smeargle's art challenge. But this is for banners only. I Pm'd HKim about the idea and he approved it. But it is going to be every other week since some people have a hard time meeting the deadline of a weekly competition. This thread will just be for discussion to see if you guys have any ideas for it before it is underway.

Here are the basic rules of the contest so far:

1) there will be a specified banner size every contest.
2) there will be a specific theme for every contest.

That's about it. Oh and one more thing: The banners do not have to be about pokemon. It all depends on the theme. So the theme can vary from anything, as well as the size.

The winner will be determined by voting and then will be displayed in a museum.

The whole thing is very similiar to the Smeargle's art challenge but not pokemon related.

I haven't come up with a name for it yet so if you guys have any ideas for it feel free to post it.

Any suggestions on this is greatly appreciated and will contribute to PE2K. :wink:

HKim
03-02-2005, 10:49 PM
Thread- Stickied

Matthew
03-03-2005, 12:09 AM
Sounds like an interesting concept :silly:

*volunteers to make header banner*

Can't wait for this to start... I will garuntee you taht I will at lesast try to participate :silly:

Nefarious
03-03-2005, 12:14 AM
Sounds like an interesting concept :silly:

*volunteers to make header banner*

Can't wait for this to start... I will garuntee you taht I will at lesast try to participate :silly:

Well I was thinking of having the theme of the first contest be: The header banner. So people would have to compete to see who can make the best banner for the competition.

But I wanted some suggestions on how to improve it and stuff before it officially started.

Pidgeot79
03-03-2005, 12:16 AM
I can't wait,I'l probably end up scanning this thread 24/7 until the theme is up.

Nefarious
03-03-2005, 12:18 AM
Lol. Well if nobody has any suggestions by this Friday then i'll put it up then.

Pidgeot79
03-03-2005, 12:30 AM
You should specify if animation and stock images are allowed.

Nefarious
03-03-2005, 12:46 AM
You should specify if animation and stock images are allowed.

I was thinking of that but I wasn't sure if anyone would go for the idea. But Sure why not.

Nefarious
03-04-2005, 04:12 AM
Was wondering if anybody had a name for the competition? I don't know what to call it. :oops:

paperfairy
03-04-2005, 04:26 AM
The PE2K Weekly Banner Competition!

I'll participate... in the weeks VT and Matthew aren't. Heheh...

-PF

Thoughts: :wink:

Nefarious
03-04-2005, 02:22 PM
Lol. Well the more people enter the more this competition will grow.

Hmm...what to call it. Oh well i'll just call it the PE2K banner of the week competition. If anyone has a better name for it then post it here.

I am going to set up the competition today so start up your photoshop. lol.

Mechaflame
03-04-2005, 08:14 PM
Count me in, guys. *starts up Photoshop*

TMTS
03-05-2005, 02:51 AM
I have NO clue what stock images are, so I'm guessing it has something to do with photoshop, which I, obviously, do not have.

So I entered THIS lousy attempt at a banner..

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v253/WhiteSealeo/pe2kbanner_of_week.png

=_= Watch it die after the next person enters....

Nefarious
03-05-2005, 03:35 AM
Stock images are images that you put on a banner. Err..at least I think that's the complete definition. :oops:

Anyway I am glad to see some people entering. :happy: Great job btw on that banner TMTS.

Pidgeot79
03-05-2005, 07:59 PM
I always thought of stock images as images that you find on the web and paste them into your image.

Nefarious
03-05-2005, 09:18 PM
I always thought of stock images as images that you find on the web and paste them into your image.

Yeah that's probably it. I'm not completely sure though.

TMTS
03-05-2005, 09:58 PM
That's what I thought you meant.

Anyway, Seeing as this hasn't been done by me, it is not of my concern... I never use stock images... they're always all fugly and GIF-ish... :tongue:

Hoenn Mirror Girl
04-02-2005, 04:00 PM
Looks like I'm getting kinda overshadowed here... :ermm:

Pidgeot79
04-15-2005, 07:49 PM
I think the competitions are too easy with just a required theme.There should be a special requirement too like , special border, vector art, greyscale, ect.

Incongruity
04-15-2005, 08:06 PM
aye, I too, would agree with stiffer competition

I suggested something like this for the war, except for the trivia/rp sections, cept nobody seems to want to make it more difficult, atleast in the war

greyscale appeals to me the most though, vector art.. eh not so much, atleast in a banner. Special borders sound good at first, but they end up looking disgusting, except for tech, which is very dull now, and grunge, which doesn't even look like a border

but even greyscale, seriously most of the pieces ARE greyscale with a color balance

if I get the fan art judge pos. I got some other ideas, that don't apply to banners though

Hoenn Mirror Girl
04-21-2005, 11:17 PM
Uh... is it just me, or have no one else besides myself have entered in this week's contest?

Matthew
04-22-2005, 12:28 AM
Don't you fret JIG... lol... I'm gonna work on something when I get home tonight from work :P

Incongruity
04-22-2005, 12:58 AM
meh, I've just had a bit of work to do, so I haven't exactly been concentrating on the BOTW

nice sprites btw

Nefarious
04-22-2005, 03:30 AM
Yeah I know, know one's entered. I'm gonna work on mine now. And I migth extend the contest to Saturday. Doesn't really matter of voting is cut off by one day anyway. =P

Nefarious
04-25-2005, 10:50 PM
Sorry for double posting.

Anyway I am running out of Theme ideas for the contest. So I am allowing the members to give some suggestions for a theme. Members are now aloud to post theme ideas and I'll pick one for the contest. I won't accept just any theme though. If there aren't any suggestion, or at least not any good ones, then I'll have to come up with one on my own. =P

Seto Kaiba
04-25-2005, 10:56 PM
The theme should be speed.

Rukario
05-02-2005, 08:19 PM
Theme ideas:

Fair

Video Games

Independence Day :susp:

Announcements of whatever

Meals

Matt
05-02-2005, 08:51 PM
What about a tech theme? Tht'd be a lot of fun to work on.

Incongruity
05-02-2005, 08:57 PM
I have plenty of ideas, but I'm saving them for if I get appointed as fan art judge for teh war.