PDA

View Full Version : Halo 3.....T-minus eight days and counting! Thoughts? Opinions?

OrexxerO
09-17-2007, 11:19 PM
Its coming out in eight days. In eight days time the worlds population of teenagers(and older) will lose their social lives to a video game.....

How do you guys think this game will go? I personally think it will be much better then Halo 2 was. Halo 1 was awsome, I believe halo 3 will be as well.

The weapon count has been doubled over, so has vehicles. The story ends here...and x-box live should be amazing.

Kickme93
09-17-2007, 11:22 PM
halo 3 will become a xbox 360 best seller like the previous games
i reckon my school will become a war zone of 360 owners as the 360 is very popular
i own a ps3 but if i had the 360 id be jumping up and down on the floor now

in my opinion halo 3 is going to be out of this world!

Lucavi
09-17-2007, 11:44 PM
Thread moved to the more suitable board

Ultima Boss
09-17-2007, 11:59 PM
You could at least make a suitable comment, Fiona.

As for myself, if someone would give me a XBox 360 for my birthday, I would consider getting it; otherwise, I would so be on the deal. Even though I'm not too much of a fan of First-Person Shooters, I'm use I would get used to different perception; I'm sure it'll be awesome on XBox Live, as the predecessors were.

Cybernetic Ghost
09-18-2007, 01:09 AM
Its coming out in eight days. In eight days time the worlds population of teenagers(and older) will lose their social lives to a video game.....

World of Warcraft did that years ago.

Anyways, Halo is ok. The series is one of the most overrated games of all time, though. It easily rivals FF7 for that title.

I'll probably try it out at a friends first. If its ok, I'll pick it up in a few weeks.

soulja boy jr
09-18-2007, 01:34 AM
i cant wait till halo 3 comes out for 360

Kenny_C.002
09-18-2007, 02:21 AM
Alright. The anti-halo faction is here too. :3

Persona > Halo

Funny thing. 99% of Halo players haven't even HEARD of Persona, so they can't actually comment on my statement. ^^

But anyway, from the beta, we know for sure that it's going to be more of the same, and the fact that Bioshock already beat it in storyline is already proven. I can safely say that Halo would be the online game for the next little while, overtaking Gears of War.

Tamer Marco
09-18-2007, 02:27 AM
Meh, overrated, overhyped, and will obviously be overplayed for no good reason, but I have to buy it anyway to be cool. ;/

George Jefferson
09-18-2007, 03:34 PM
I doubt I won't miss it. I love the multiplayer aspect of the game.

And 4 player Co-op FTW.

But, the storyline I don't really care about. It's the multiplayer I'm worried about. If it doesn't top GOW, then I'm back to Street Fighter III: Third Strike.

Seawolf
09-18-2007, 08:41 PM
If you want a real shooter, get Resistance: Fall of Man!

(Gets attacked by the Halo fanboys) D:

Lucavi
09-18-2007, 08:48 PM
World of Warcraft did that years ago.

Anyways, Halo is ok. The series is one of the most overrated games of all time, though. It easily rivals FF7 for that title

hahahaha, both statements are so true

George Jefferson
09-18-2007, 09:10 PM
Forgive me for saying this, but after the next few months there's going to be OVER NINETHOUSAAAAND players online for HALO 3.

>_>

NINE THOUSAAAND

OrexxerO
09-18-2007, 11:03 PM
NINE THOUSAAAND

More then that. And the storyline is actually much deeper then bioshock(if you have read the novels that go along and speak more about the backstory). Half the reason I am getting the game is to see how it will end. Other half for x-box live.

And back to the NINE Thousand people....uh, WAY more then that. Let me go check something........

249,396 Halo 2 Players (Last 24 Hours)

Thats directly from the x-box live stats.

Right now? 48,101 Players Online in Halo 2

443,650 Halo 2 Games (Last 24 Hours)

Yeah....when Halo 3 comes out, thats going to be in the 100,000's.

And this is a awsome screen shot...and to think you can take your own screen shots now and what not. Going to be great

http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/734/734817/img_4889776.html

Tamer Marco
09-18-2007, 11:10 PM
If you want a real shooter, get Resistance: Fall of Man!

That. Was. Awesome. Plain and simple. :P

Just because Halo series has a few novels and comic books, it doesn't actually mean that the ingame storyline will be top notch. I expect our friend the Cheif to destroy all the Halos before the Covenant can have their paradise, and the Flood from infesting everyone.

Honestly, most of you guys fell right into Microsoft's game from the very beginning. If a video game has a soda and numerous pop-culture appearances along with novelization and other hooplah, you're certain to want to find out whats so important, even if it isn't top tier. It'll be good undoubtedly, but there is no reason in the world why it deserves the attention it has. The story isn't revolutionary. The gameplay isn't really unique. The main draw is online multiplayer, and half of the guys on your team constantly kill you anyway, so whats the big deal? :/

Metal Gear Solid ftw.

OrexxerO
09-18-2007, 11:18 PM
The main draw is online multiplayer, and half of the guys on your team constantly kill you anyway, so whats the big deal? :/

Well thats why I play with my very good friends to actually win. Not just random people. It is going to be good now doubt. I actually don't understand why it has gotten all of the hype.

But it DOES have a bigger deeper story then Bioshock. Last time I checked it doesn't have novels out explaining a story about it. The story as far as I can tell

"SPOILER" Is that your a guy that happens to just be another experiment of the guy who created all of the splicers and what not "SPOILER END"

Anyways, i appreciate you think its going to be good, its the people that outright hate it I don't understand. :confused:

Tamer Marco
09-18-2007, 11:45 PM
Well thats why I play with my very good friends to actually win. Not just random people. It is going to be good now doubt. I actually don't understand why it has gotten all of the hype.
Well, about that...one of the draws of multiplayer is to play with random people.
But it DOES have a bigger deeper story then Bioshock. Last time I checked it doesn't have novels out explaining a story about it. The story as far as I can tell
Bioshock is a relatively new title. Halo has the backings of media giants and Microsoft.
"SPOILER" Is that your a guy that happens to just be another experiment of the guy who created all of the splicers and what not "SPOILER END"
I have no idea what that means. :[

Anyways, i appreciate you think its going to be good, its the people that outright hate it I don't understand. :confused:
Yeah, I never really think a game will be entirely bad just for no reason, but even though Halo is Microsoft's flagship title, I still think Mass Effect will be better. A few other games, but I haven't really seen enough data on them to tell.

Yes, Halo will be most likely awesome. Just don't give into the hype, because it isn't THAT good.

Panzer
09-19-2007, 02:33 AM
Halo 3 is already a top seller because of many people pre-ordering it. I plan on getting it for Christmas. One of my good friends pre-ordered it and I'm probably going to go play it in about two weeks. Hope it lives up to what I expect it to be and more.

Like Tamer Marco said, Bioshock is a new game. I bet in the near future, it will grab masses of players. I tend on playing it myself as soon as I get my 360.

George Jefferson
09-19-2007, 03:14 AM
... Unreal Tournament 200? (What yeas is it coming out?) might be a contender with GOW and HALO 3 for online multiplayer, because the older UTs lets you play with more than 16 ppls. LOLZ OVER NINE THOUSAAAND matches.

Hypocrisy is Fun
09-19-2007, 04:11 AM
Alright. The anti-halo faction is here too. :3

Persona > Halo

Funny thing. 99% of Halo players haven't even HEARD of Persona, so they can't actually comment on my statement. ^^

I don't think many have heard about it at all. :| I see no platinum titles or fanboys/girls.

Meh, overrated, overhyped, and will obviously be overplayed for no good reason, but I have to buy it anyway to be cool. ;/

I see weakness. WEAKNESS.

Rawr.

skate4242
09-19-2007, 04:16 AM
my dad helped make that game and i have it :dance:

Dr Scott
09-19-2007, 04:29 AM
Prediction: Halo 3 will sell more then PS3's. < - Gotta say somethin'

Thoughts: The problem with Resistance is ... well, it's on the wrong system first of all.

Sure, you can jack on Halo's storyline all you want, but really ... is it about the storyline? If you look at how much I've played Halo 2, about ... 5% is the storyline. Where it really sells is X Box Live. I honestly have no idea why it's so much better then some of the other shooters, whether it's the quick pace, adrenaline rush, heck I don't know.

Point being, there are a lot of people online to play with, and if you're looking for some quick moving shooting, this games for you. There's some basic strategy in it, heck, go ahead and look at the 'pros' play the game. They're amazing and whatnot :o.

Calling it "overhyped and overrated" makes me think of someone not liking a band anymore because it's more popular and less indie xD. The fact that it IS popular makes the online community grow, which makes the game itself better. Apparently it's pretty good at pitting you against people of your own talents as well ... which should help.

Basically, the simple fact that so many people are going after it and that so many people have played it so long is truth that it is pretty much not that overrated.

The only people who don't like it are people who aren't good at it ^_~

Hypocrisy is Fun
09-19-2007, 04:38 AM

Thats pretty much everything I've been telling Marco, and still no one really realizes that.

People fail to see the quality, and just like being different because they think it makes them look cool, but in the end, it's them losing more than anyone else, because they gotta take the crap when someone asks about it, and they reply with, "oh that game suxs."

Not only will they get yelled at, they'll eventually come to the realization that they can't really say anything until they actually try it with an open mind to innovation and change.

Kenny_C.002
09-19-2007, 05:35 AM
More then that. And the storyline is actually much deeper then bioshock(if you have read the novels that go along and speak more about the backstory). Half the reason I am getting the game is to see how it will end. Other half for x-box live.

Errr...Bioshock's storyline is stronger than that of Halo. Splicers were a byproduct of what happened rather than a cause... The way it was put together in terms of story is something Halo wished they could do, IMO.

Thats pretty much everything I've been telling Marco, and still no one really realizes that.

People fail to see the quality, and just like being different because they think it makes them look cool, but in the end, it's them losing more than anyone else, because they gotta take the crap when someone asks about it, and they reply with, "oh that game suxs."

Not only will they get yelled at, they'll eventually come to the realization that they can't really say anything until they actually try it with an open mind to innovation and change.

Well there are those of us who don't like to play FPS games, and would rather take Eternal Sonata over Halo, and rave that Persona is a better game than Halo. Basically I exhibit the same tastes and styles of a Japanese person (don't like FPS games, like RPG games, as well as random games like DJ Max). But yeah, it's been well documented that Halo 3 is simply "more of the same, but better", rather than "innovative". System Shock 2 was innovative for the FPS genre. I don't think that's the word you've been looking for, hif.

Hypocrisy is Fun
09-19-2007, 05:44 AM
I know what innovative means, Halo has brought a lot of new ideas to FPS, such as it's multi-player.

Sure, every Halo game has had multi-player, but every time something really different gets added. How many first person shooters have four player co-op? Or how often do you see online ranking like Halo's? Halo redefined the FPS genre, and I'm sure the last installment isn't going to stop there.

You know me, Kenny, I hate being wrong when I have the potential to be right. :tongue:

Cybernetic Ghost
09-19-2007, 05:49 AM
Forgive me for saying this, but after the next few months there's going to be OVER NINETHOUSAAAAND players online for HALO 3.

>_>

NINE THOUSAAAND

Want to know the active subscribers for WoW?

ITS OVER 9 MILLION!

No joke. I think. I know it was over 7.5 or 8 something million months back. Probably close to 9 million easy by now.

But yeah. Idk. I'll defiantly rent it, but if its not better then GoW, I see no reason to actually buy it.

More then that. And the storyline is actually much deeper then bioshock(if you have read the novels that go along and speak more about the backstory). Half the reason I am getting the game is to see how it will end. Other half for x-box live

Super soldiers and two alien races both trying to destroy the human race is all I recall.

Snore. Been done plenty of times. I NEVER bought halo 2. I doubt I'll change this one. Halo 2 was pretty imbalanced as far as shooters go. 1 hit combos in a shooter=boring imo.

Prediction: Halo 3 will sell more then PS3's. < - Gotta say somethin'

But the Sony executives claimed they'd sell 100 million PS3s by 2010! They COULDN'T be wrong.[/sarcasm]

Wii will outsell both in the end, so who cares. Its almost caught up to 360 last I checked, and its still sold out ALL the time. I mean, for the most part, I like my 360 MORE, but Wii is great, and is far more revolutionary then any system in the past 2 gens imo.

Honestly, most of you guys fell right into Microsoft's game from the very beginning. If a video game has a soda and numerous pop-culture appearances along with novelization and other hooplah, you're certain to want to find out whats so important, even if it isn't top tier. It'll be good undoubtedly, but there is no reason in the world why it deserves the attention it has. The story isn't revolutionary. The gameplay isn't really unique. The main draw is online multiplayer, and half of the guys on your team constantly kill you anyway, so whats the big deal? :/

Hey. If I want soda in my game, I'll go play Munch's Odyssey.

But seriously, I agree. Halo MIGHT be one of the BETTER FPS on counsel, but its far from the best fps, especially for online multi player. Counterstrike shall keep that title in my book.

Hypocrisy is Fun
09-19-2007, 05:53 AM
I like my Wii and all, but it just doesn't have that many games with actual replay value. It'll sell a lot, but as Marco once said, it won't be that great after 2 years or so, because it's capabilities just won't get any better while the other two systems will.

Just pointing this out, but the only gun that kills in one shot is the sniper. To the head. :ermm:

OrexxerO
09-19-2007, 06:36 AM

True man, thats what I have always said.

Super soldiers and two alien races both trying to destroy the human race is all I recall.

Snore. Been done plenty of times. I NEVER bought halo 2. I doubt I'll change this one. Halo 2 was pretty imbalanced as far as shooters go. 1 hit combos in a shooter=boring imo.

If you never bought halo 2, then how can you possibly criticize it if you only played it once or twice? O

errr......More then just "super soldiers" more like who master chief was before he became what he is. How his real name is John, about how he grew up from age six with other kids his age in a government training program to turn them into what they are. And how they become his family, and how he loses most of them to the covenant. And there is hecka lot more then two alien races. Lets see, Grunts, Jackals, Elites, Brutes, Hunters, The Prophets, The insect creatures. The Flood. The Forerunners....hmm....seems alot more then only Two dude.

Before you open your mouth to criticize something make sure you actually know about it first. :wink:

Cybernetic Ghost
09-19-2007, 07:30 AM
True man, thats what I have always said.

If you never bought halo 2, then how can you possibly criticize it if you only played it once or twice? O

errr......More then just "super soldiers" more like who master chief was before he became what he is. How his real name is John, about how he grew up from age six with other kids his age in a government training program to turn them into what they are. And how they become his family, and how he loses most of them to the covenant. And there is hecka lot more then two alien races. Lets see, Grunts, Jackals, Elites, Brutes, Hunters, The Prophets, The insect creatures. The Flood. The Forerunners....hmm....seems alot more then only Two dude.

Before you open your mouth to criticize something make sure you actually know about it first. :wink:

I'm aware of Master Chiefs name. I read the first book. Im aware of the Flood, im aware of the types of Covenant, I'm aware of more then you think I am. I have friends who own the game, therefore, I've played the game. Thinking I've played it "once or twice"? My friend was one of the best players in Florida, and I've played the game plenty of times, as next to smash, its probably my most played multiplayer counsel game. Its still not that great of a game. Story isn't that great in the main game, and the multiplayer is just as imbalanced as Smash.

How about you know what YOUR talking about, before you try to criticize me, kay?

I mean for crying out loud, you stating the story dosn't mean it hasn't been done before. ALL OF THAT has been done before, like most storys. Just Halo dosn't introduce anything NEW to it, it just expands on old, used storys. It does it decently at best, and the only reason it raised to the level it did, is because it was the best FPS when Xbox came out. Halo is a good game. Problem is, the only thing the new installments of Halo DO, are TRY to expand upon the supbar story, and add some new features. Its like buying a football game every year. NOTHING about the game changes, they just update the teams. And being "one of the better FPS on 360" dosn't mean a thing, when looking at it as a whole, its an overrated and overhyped game.

I like my Wii and all, but it just doesn't have that many games with actual replay value. It'll sell a lot, but as Marco once said, it won't be that great after 2 years or so, because it's capabilities just won't get any better while the other two systems will.

Just pointing this out, but the only gun that kills in one shot is the sniper. To the head.
A) Since when does a game need top of the line capabilities to be FUN? I still play plenty of psone and super nintendo games, because they were GOOD games.
B) Plasma Pistol, switch weapon to that one riffle or something, been awhile, and melee attack=One hit combo.

Dr Scott
09-19-2007, 09:25 AM
Sounds like more then one hit to me ^_~. Plus, that's just a bit of strategy right there.

Going by basic principles, even if Halo doesn't have the best story (heck, GoW didn't either and it's still amazing. Honestly, I want my FPS to focus A LOT more on Multi then it does it's story, because I'm going to spend the most time on that) it's still fun.

Oh, and it's replayability is through the roof, something that's pretty good to have. It's the difference between a good RP that only lasts a few hours from ... say ... Oblivion.

It's a great party game! People join their X Boxes up, set up some mics, and play.

There's a friggin' LEAGUE for it.

I like to think of it's story as 300. Not really much story wise (no surprise, etc.) but it's a good fighting movie with a lot of fun adrenaline filled moments.

I'm sure you heard 'if it ain't broke why fix it?' There's not much you can do to change it around, and relaly, fans don't want that. They want newer levels, better graphics, and some new weapons. It delivered.

Besides, it's not like it's keeping it in the dark. There was a BETA, and it's still all hyped up. That means it must have worked out pretty well methinks ^_~.

Cybernetic Ghost
09-19-2007, 10:24 AM
Sounds like more then one hit to me ^_~. Plus, that's just a bit of strategy right there.

Going by basic principles, even if Halo doesn't have the best story (heck, GoW didn't either and it's still amazing. Honestly, I want my FPS to focus A LOT more on Multi then it does it's story, because I'm going to spend the most time on that) it's still fun.

Oh, and it's replayability is through the roof, something that's pretty good to have. It's the difference between a good RP that only lasts a few hours from ... say ... Oblivion.

It's a great party game! People join their X Boxes up, set up some mics, and play.

There's a friggin' LEAGUE for it.

I like to think of it's story as 300. Not really much story wise (no surprise, etc.) but it's a good fighting movie with a lot of fun adrenaline filled moments.

I'm sure you heard 'if it ain't broke why fix it?' There's not much you can do to change it around, and relaly, fans don't want that. They want newer levels, better graphics, and some new weapons. It delivered.

Besides, it's not like it's keeping it in the dark. There was a BETA, and it's still all hyped up. That means it must have worked out pretty well methinks ^_~.

One hit combo. Would Full to Zero have made you happier, because I'm pretty sure my point got across either way.

Theres a league for card games. Theres professional Smash players. The best Starcraft player makes over 200k a year.

Am I saying its a BAD game?

No.

Am I saying its as great as everyone makes it out to be? God no. Its overrated, and THATS what I'm trying to get across. Its like FF7, as I said earlier. FF7 is a GREAT game, but in the end, it gets more attention then other FF games by far, when 9, and APPARENTLY 6(can't say for myself, never owned it), are far superior. The things that made 7 shine were done better in later installments, but 7 still gets the most recognition. I mean, I LOVED 7, for its time. I STILL love 7, but I'd rather play 9 or 10 usually.

In the end, yeah. Halo 3 is going to sell well, and probably get decent/good ratings, but it ISN'T the best fps, and thats what I'm trying to say.

Dr Scott
09-19-2007, 10:33 AM
The only problem is that there is no way you can't back up what you're saying. No one can say a game, movie, whatever is the best unless everyone in the world agrees.

Why? Because it's an opinion. Plus, you can't really say that until the game is actually out xD. It's like saying the food of a restaurant isn't good 'cus you didn't like the shrimp that another chain in Florida made.

Basically what I'm saying is that you basically just backed up my opinion in some form xD. You've admitted it's a good game, but there's no way to say it's not the best because that's an opinion. It can be the best to one person and not to another.

Arguing opinons is pointless ^_^.

Which is probably why I stay away from the Other Discussion xD

Cybernetic Ghost
09-19-2007, 10:39 AM
The only problem is that there is no way you can't back up what you're saying. No one can say a game, movie, whatever is the best unless everyone in the world agrees.

Why? Because it's an opinion. Plus, you can't really say that until the game is actually out xD. It's like saying the food of a restaurant isn't good 'cus you didn't like the shrimp that another chain in Florida made.

Basically what I'm saying is that you basically just backed up my opinion in some form xD. You've admitted it's a good game, but there's no way to say it's not the best because that's an opinion. It can be the best to one person and not to another.

Arguing opinons is pointless ^_^.

Which is probably why I stay away from the Other Discussion xD

I was half attempted to just say, these pretzels are making me thirsty to see how many people would get how badly I changed topics, but eh.

I never stated I was arguing facts. Halo is a decent game in general, and a good fps compared to the others on 360, but eh. Story lacks, which is generally what I look for in a game. The multiplayer is nice, but I'll stick to CS, and probably Gears if this doesn't beat it out.

Dr Scott
09-19-2007, 10:44 AM
Fair enough XP.

The only problem with basing a FPS game on its story is that the story usually isn't that long. Multi is what really adds the replayability. Take a look at Goldeneye, one of the original greats. It was fun becuase you could get a group of friends, rush for Oddjob (XD) and then go to a SLAP WAR !

Story wise though, Prey wasn't that bad, and it had a lot of innovation. Half Life 2 was of course great ... But they never really reached the height of popularity of Halo 2, and I don't think it was because they were just underlooked ^^;.

Though I'm getting off topic :(.

Seawolf
09-19-2007, 07:30 PM
I never said I did not like Halo, I just happen to like other shooters a bit better.

However, my brothers have already reserved the game, and I will be trying it out... if they can ever break away from that thing for ten minutes.

I have also heard plenty of rumors going around that Master Chief is going to kick the bucket, and I want to see if that really happens or not.

Tamer Marco
09-19-2007, 10:12 PM
One hit combo. Would Full to Zero have made you happier, because I'm pretty sure my point got across either way.

Theres a league for card games. Theres professional Smash players. The best Starcraft player makes over 200k a year.
That is what you call insanity.
Am I saying its a BAD game?

No.

Am I saying its as great as everyone makes it out to be? God no. Its overrated, and THATS what I'm trying to get across. Its like FF7, as I said earlier. FF7 is a GREAT game, but in the end, it gets more attention then other FF games by far, when 9, and APPARENTLY 6(can't say for myself, never owned it), are far superior. The things that made 7 shine were done better in later installments, but 7 still gets the most recognition. I mean, I LOVED 7, for its time. I STILL love 7, but I'd rather play 9 or 10 usually.

In the end, yeah. Halo 3 is going to sell well, and probably get decent/good ratings, but it ISN'T the best fps, and thats what I'm trying to say.

The only problem with basing a FPS game on its story is that the story usually isn't that long. Multi is what really adds the replayability. Take a look at Goldeneye, one of the original greats. It was fun becuase you could get a group of friends, rush for Oddjob (XD) and then go to a SLAP WAR !
Never played GoldenEye, but it was revolutionary.

Story wise though, Prey wasn't that bad, and it had a lot of innovation. Half Life 2 was of course great ... But they never really reached the height of popularity of Halo 2, and I don't think it was because they were just underlooked ^^;.
It was honestly. And both of them are third party, so advertising and viral videos, and all of that are completely up to the publisher. Bungie (the people who make Halo) are owned by Microsoft, and Halo being the flagship title, why wouldn't you invest more time and information into it?

Though I'm getting off topic :(.Like I said, Halo 3 will be good, and if I had Live, I'd still own you all (any shooter really), but there are going to be better things coming out this year, and they won't sell worth a damn because Halo is coming out.

I would get Call Of Duty 4 first, if it isn't delayed.

OrexxerO
09-19-2007, 10:51 PM
I'm aware of Master Chiefs name. I read the first book. Im aware of the Flood, im aware of the types of Covenant, I'm aware of more then you think I am. I have friends who own the game, therefore, I've played the game. Thinking I've played it "once or twice"? My friend was one of the best players in Florida, and I've played the game plenty of times, as next to smash, its probably my most played multiplayer counsel game. Its still not that great of a game. Story isn't that great in the main game, and the multiplayer is just as imbalanced as Smash.

How about you know what YOUR talking about, before you try to criticize me, kay?

How about you say what you just said the first time around and you wouldn't get criticized?

But anyways ghost, I understand its overhyped, that doesn't mean it won't be good. Its replayability is amazing, alot of competition to be had among friends in co-op. And they are bringing some older maps back from Halo 1 like Sidewinder I believe.

About Half Life 2. It was a good game, DANG ravenholme scared me. And I have played Doom 3.

Anyways, one thing that I didn't actually like about Half Life 2 was the lack of any really good music. I can't recall one song from that game. Sure its not all about the music, but one reason I enjoyed Halo and Halo 2 so much was the music. It has some of the BEST music in a game I have ever heard. Alot of it really gets your adrenaline pumping. The new music sounds really good as well.

Thought I would throw that out there, I think a good part of a game in how it feels is the way the music is in it. Half Life two I understand was more a bleak atmosphere and was supposed to be depressing, but I still felt it was lacking a variety of terrain and things to do.

Cybernetic Ghost
09-19-2007, 11:07 PM
How about you say what you just said the first time around and you wouldn't get criticized?

But anyways ghost, I understand its overhyped, that doesn't mean it won't be good. Its replayability is amazing, alot of competition to be had among friends in co-op. And they are bringing some older maps back from Halo 1 like Sidewinder I believe.

About Half Life 2. It was a good game, DANG ravenholme scared me. And I have played Doom 3.

Anyways, one thing that I didn't actually like about Half Life 2 was the lack of any really good music. I can't recall one song from that game. Sure its not all about the music, but one reason I enjoyed Halo and Halo 2 so much was the music. It has some of the BEST music in a game I have ever heard. Alot of it really gets your adrenaline pumping. The new music sounds really good as well.

Thought I would throw that out there, I think a good part of a game in how it feels is the way the music is in it. Half Life two I understand was more a bleak atmosphere and was supposed to be depressing, but I still felt it was lacking a variety of terrain and things to do.

Why should I have needed to state that the first time around. I wouldn't throw my opinion into something that I don't know anything about.

Music dosn't matter to me MUCH on games anymore. Unless theres alot of lines spoken important to the plot, I play my own music tbh. And even if there is important dialouge, I play my music on multiple run throughs. Nothing greater then Morrowind with the white album tbh.

Kenny_C.002
09-20-2007, 01:02 AM
I know what innovative means, Halo has brought a lot of new ideas to FPS, such as it's multi-player.

Multi-player was brought in by good ol' goldeneye. Halo expanded it to online.

Sure, every Halo game has had multi-player, but every time something really different gets added. How many first person shooters have four player co-op? Or how often do you see online ranking like Halo's? Halo redefined the FPS genre, and I'm sure the last installment isn't going to stop there.

Rankings have been done on many different games before it already. Leaderboards started with good ol' Arcades after all. This isn't anything new either. 4-player co-op: if that's an "innovation", then I seriously think someone needs to get their heads checked. Co-op has been around for so long, that simply expanding on it isn't innovation. The problem with Halo is that it never did anything new. It brings rehashes of old ideas and expands on them, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but isn't exactly genre defining either. And from the weapons arsenal I've seen so far, there isn't going to be anything that's going to wow me anytime soon, especially when crazy summons and what not excite me more than a new gun or a bubble shield.

Innovation is by doing something that is completely uncharacteristic of a genre. MMORPG's redefined RPGs online (and unfortunately also created grinding). Persona changed the RPG genre by adding daily simulations and performed the mix perfectly. Fire Emblem created the sRPG genre. Final Fantasy 7 turned RPGs 3D. These are innovation. The simple fact that Halo 3 won't bring anything like that to the table is why it is not innovating.

You know me, Kenny, I hate being wrong when I have the potential to be right. :tongue:

Sure. That's fine.

EmBreon
09-20-2007, 01:06 AM
However, my brothers have already reserved the game, and I will be trying it out... if they can ever break away from that thing for ten minutes.

Haha, so have mine. :/

I've played Halo 2 before, but I didn't like it very much (And yes, probably because I sucked at it <3). But I am interested to see what Halo 3 is going to be like, and whether or not it's going to live up to this huge reputation.

*Does not belong in this thread*

Hypocrisy is Fun
09-20-2007, 01:34 AM
A) Since when does a game need top of the line capabilities to be FUN? I still play plenty of psone and super nintendo games, because they were GOOD games.
B) Plasma Pistol, switch weapon to that one riffle or something, been awhile, and melee attack=One hit combo.

A) Sure, classics are fun, but keep in mind there will never be a new psone or super nintendo game.

B) Thats... more than one hit. :|

I have also heard plenty of rumors going around that Master Chief is going to kick the bucket, and I want to see if that really happens or not.

I wouldn't doubt it, though, you can always expect a new twist. :o

OrexxerO
09-20-2007, 02:57 AM
, and melee attack=One hit combo

How can there be a one hit combo? One hit is one hit, a combo is multiple hits, two or more. :rolleyes:

I wouldn't doubt it, though, you can always expect a new twist. :o

Yeah, when I started playing halo for the first time, I just figured I would be doing the thing of destroying the aliens and saving mankind blah blah.

I had NO clue that The Flood would be introduced, that was a complete twist I didn't expect at all.

Halo 2 was more of a bridge between halo 1 and 3 I believe. I am sure something quite out of what we expect will happen in Halo 3.

Dr Scott
09-20-2007, 04:57 AM
Honestly enough, with a game like Halo 3 the fact that it's so "overhyped" makes it a game worthy of being played. I've hit on this point over and over, but it's Live that makes the FPS series, and it's going to be Live that makes Halo 3 one of the best games of the year. Sure, you're going to have your idiots (you get those a plenty in WoW too, so this really isn't an argueable point) but you're also going to have plenty of people to play with whenever.

Really, it matters what you think of FPS games. Do you just want to play a great story? If so, Halo isn't for you. Halo is made at being a Live game with a story on the side, and it sure does deliver. Do you want tons of innovation and new fun things? Try Prey, you can climb on walls and stuff XP.

But if you think a good game is based on the fact that you can still be as interested 6 months from now as you were when it came out, then Halo is your man (or woman, I don't want to be sexist). And that is what makes it so hyped, that's what makes it a great game. Fast paced, lots of fun deaths, team play, strategy, etc.

And it is adding things, enough to make it interesting for old gamers. The helmets, the new vehicles, the shield zapper and shield thingy ... all enough to totally change the game around so it won't be "get used to the new controls and old pros take over" dealio.

Plus, it's matchmaking is pretty much state of the art. Designed to put you against people of your skill, I've read that it's making sure that people won't be able to derank so they can face newers again. And in a FPS, this is pretty important, you don't want to face people who own you every few seconds. It has ranked, it has unranked, it's just great all around.

Cybernetic Ghost
09-20-2007, 08:24 AM
How can there be a one hit combo? One hit is one hit, a combo is multiple hits, two or more. :rolleyes:

My bad. Apparently, even though you've responded to every one of my comments almost, you missed the part where I corrected myself and said zero to full combo, by charging, shooting, switching, melee.

If your going to try to nitpick, do it well. Even knowing about something like that though should have showed you I'm somewhat aware of the game, and made it unnesscary for me to comment on if I had played it earlier. But if you want to ignore my entire post before this one because you simply don't have a response, thats fine by me.

Good day, sir.

OrexxerO
09-21-2007, 03:43 AM
Nit picking? No, simply stating there is just no way to have a "one Hit" combo. Combo=combination :razz:.

One of the best features coming out for Halo 3 is that new thing called FORGE. Where you can edit many aspects of the game, place items and weapons where you want them, all that kind of stuff. That will make the replay value really high.

So will the campaign have a high replay value. With the whole scoring thing, to have competitive play with you and your friends. Thats one thing I look forward to alot.

Kenny_C.002
09-21-2007, 07:06 AM
Nit picking? No, simply stating there is just no way to have a "one Hit" combo. Combo=combination :razz:.

What does it matter as long as it's a simple and easy to execute combo? Dominant strategies, once formed, are largely detrimental to the game. See Halo 1 for example.

One of the best features coming out for Halo 3 is that new thing called FORGE. Where you can edit many aspects of the game, place items and weapons where you want them, all that kind of stuff. That will make the replay value really high.

While not innovating (Lode Runner, I believe, was the first to ever do it, and still does it better than Halo 3, but that's beside the point), this does add some replay value. I would still have to say that this is still not as robust as say the Starcraft editor engine, still, unfortunately.

So will the campaign have a high replay value. With the whole scoring thing, to have competitive play with you and your friends. Thats one thing I look forward to alot.

Scoring doesn't add replay value as much as you think it does, unfortunately.

It's fine and dandy that the game is anticipated. It's not so good when people talk about Halo 3 as though it is innovative, or how it is clearly the best thing since sliced bread (which it isn't. Mario Bros 3 was, though.). It isn't because it wasn't concepted to be as such in the first place.

OrexxerO
09-22-2007, 01:46 AM
I would still have to say that this is still not as robust as say the Starcraft editor engine, still, unfortunately.

No game really has gotten as robust a system as starcraft, except for Warcraft 3. FORGE is not ment to change every aspect, just some things. Starcraft editor lets you change EVERYTHING virtually. And the War 3 editor took it even farther.

And so what if another game has done it. And how can you say if it has done it better then Halo 3 if it hasn't come out yet? Please wait for it to come out before saying something is better. :wink:

And the scoring does make the replay value up there for me at least. Thats your opinion that it won't add much. I will have much fun playing on legendary with friends trying to be the top player on a mission, and razzing each other for losing to them or beating them each mission.

Its simply going to be a fun game. Not necessarily innovative or mind blowing, but just simply fun.

Kenny_C.002
09-22-2007, 04:52 AM
No game really has gotten as robust a system as starcraft, except for Warcraft 3. FORGE is not ment to change every aspect, just some things. Starcraft editor lets you change EVERYTHING virtually. And the War 3 editor took it even farther.

And so what if another game has done it. And how can you say if it has done it better then Halo 3 if it hasn't come out yet? Please wait for it to come out before saying something is better. :wink:

I call ad hominem.

And the scoring does make the replay value up there for me at least. Thats your opinion that it won't add much. I will have much fun playing on legendary with friends trying to be the top player on a mission, and razzing each other for losing to them or beating them each mission.

To each his own on that.

Its simply going to be a fun game. Not necessarily innovative or mind blowing, but just simply fun.

Nobody ever denied that fact. In fact, that's what I was arguing to prove. You cannot possibly treat it as though it's the best game to ever walk the face of the Earth, and that itself is enough for me to say that I've done my job.

Fire Pkmn Master
09-22-2007, 05:48 AM
I really cant wait to get the game in just four days. Its going to be great. I played the Beta and the game was awesome. Just hearing about a few things from the game just makes it even better. Ive been playing Halo 2 online and watching some videos of Halo 3 and stuff. I got to get used to Halo 3 all over again, but its worth it. The spartan laser is sick as hell. The snipers in the game, for me seem a whole lot better, the brute shot has so much power and kind of the carbine as well. I really do love using the Spike Grenades. There so awesome, I love sticking people with them.

.::F.P.M::.

Seawolf
09-23-2007, 02:40 AM
So, I found some depressing news for those of you who pre-ordered the Collector's Edition.

http://www.destructoid.com/halo-3-discs-coming-to-you-pre-scratched-45951.phtml

Have fun with those damaged discs.

Fire Pkmn Master
09-23-2007, 03:48 AM
Man that sucks. Good thing I didnt change my pre order. xD Ill be going to EBgames on monday to pay the full money for Halo and then pick it up on Midnight Monday. Hopefully my aunt would go for me and my cousin. I dont want to have to wait in line in the mall trying to get the game. Its better to go midnight. I would go myself but i cant drive yet. :tongue:

Tamer Marco
09-23-2007, 08:33 PM
:[

Halo 3 got a 9.5 on IGN, and a 9 on AOL games.

Hypocrisy is Fun
09-23-2007, 08:40 PM
So, I found some depressing news for those of you who pre-ordered the Collector's Edition.

http://www.destructoid.com/halo-3-discs-coming-to-you-pre-scratched-45951.phtml

Have fun with those damaged discs.

A scratched disk isn't going to stop me from enjoying every second of owning it. :tongue:

Besides, it's not like you can't fix it.

Dr Scott
09-24-2007, 03:50 AM
It's coming, folks.

At any rate, I have a random question ... what do people plan on doing first, booting up the multi and jamming with the tons of other people, or go ahead and finish the battle?

Live all the way on this end, hope to see you there <3.

Oh, and if any of you want to add me so we can play Live together sometime, it's The Wiz 06.

<3,
Scott

Tamer Marco
09-24-2007, 03:53 AM
But Halo 3 got a .2 less than Bioshock, you can't possibly want play it now!

Hypocrisy is Fun
09-24-2007, 04:30 AM
To any Halo fan, it's worth a 10. :tongue:

I plan on finishing the story, it's always kept me kind of in suspense. I'm going to try legendary first time around. If I get bored with it, I'll just go "pwn some noobs lololol."

How I hate kids on xbox.

FirePwnsRock
09-24-2007, 04:30 AM
LoL, I have BioShock right now, and am currently in the middle of it, but have put it to the side so when i get Halo3 I will beat it go back to BioShock, beat it, and then go back to H3 for online play. :crackup:

Kenny_C.002
09-24-2007, 06:58 AM
So Bioshock is a better game, critically speaking? Interesting...perhaps 2K's lack of multiplayer might be biting their heads off more than I previously thought. Well either that, or it never mattered because the hype beats everything System Shock 2 can bring. Well it's not the first time a crap current gen Sonic game beat a superior platformer like Beyond Good and Evil.

Tamer Marco
09-24-2007, 01:02 PM
Sunday September 23rd will go down in history for the first time IGN made an unbiased review...I'm so happy... and when all the Halo fans crashed IGN's server. Took 20 minutes just to load one page. :|

Spartan MK-6
09-24-2007, 02:11 PM
Not to boast or anything, but its the 25th here and i got a halo3 legendary edition, the helmet is fricken awesome, the store clerk said one guy came dressed up as a grunt, while two others came as spartans, and one person came in riding a unicycle that looked like a ghost O_o

Dr Scott
09-24-2007, 04:32 PM
I got it ^.^.

I'm a happy, happy man ...

However, I don't have it in my possession just yet ... BUT SOON!

Fire Pkmn Master
09-24-2007, 08:19 PM
It's coming, folks.

At any rate, I have a random question ... what do people plan on doing first, booting up the multi and jamming with the tons of other people, or go ahead and finish the battle?

Live all the way on this end, hope to see you there <3.

Oh, and if any of you want to add me so we can play Live together sometime, it's The Wiz 06.

<3,
Scott
I plan on beating the game first and then owning some people online.
Oh, Id like to battle you. xD When I get mine.

To any Halo fan, it's worth a 10. :tongue:

I plan on finishing the story, it's always kept me kind of in suspense. I'm going to try legendary first time around. If I get bored with it, I'll just go "pwn some noobs lololol."

How I hate kids on xbox.
Yes it is. The best game ever man.
Not to boast or anything, but its the 25th here and i got a halo3 legendary edition, the helmet is fricken awesome, the store clerk said one guy came dressed up as a grunt, while two others came as spartans, and one person came in riding a unicycle that looked like a ghost O_o
Thats not fair. xD I hope you have fun. u__u
I got it ^.^.

I'm a happy, happy man ...

However, I don't have it in my possession just yet ... BUT SOON!

Im going to the store later today to pay for everything, and then see if I can have someone take me at midnight to pick it up.

Tamer Marco
09-24-2007, 09:29 PM

But you know, the sixty extra dollars for the helmet aren't worth it. It isn't hollow, so your cat can't become Master Chief. :[

DragoniteMistress
09-24-2007, 09:36 PM
Shootin' 'em up games worth my opinion...

Grand Theft Auto series
Quaker

And that is all, my friends. Nyah~

Spartan MK-6
09-24-2007, 09:52 PM
But you know, the sixty extra dollars for the helmet aren't worth it. It isn't hollow, so your cat can't become Master Chief. :[

maybe not, but my hand can ;D

oh and btw, the actual campaign gameplay is awesome, you guys are gonna love it

Tamer Marco
09-24-2007, 09:55 PM
maybe not, but my hand can ;D
Ew dude, just ew. :[

If your hand isn't made out of air, I don't think it will be able to go into a helmet that isn't hollow on the inside. Its a collectible that really isn't collectible.

Spartan MK-6
09-24-2007, 09:56 PM
Ew dude, just ew. :[

If your hand isn't made out of air, I don't think it will be able to go into a helmet that isn't hollow on the inside. Its a collectible that really isn't collectible.

it isnt completely not,not-not-not-not-not (left out a word D:) hollow, theres a little bit for it to sit on the stand, you can put your hand in that :P

Tamer Marco
09-24-2007, 10:04 PM
it isnt completely not,not-not-not-not-not (left out a word D:) hollow, theres a little bit for it to sit on the stand, you can put your hand in that :P
I don't think we should be discussing if your hand can fit in the helmet or not, its just stupid to me. :|

It can fit your hand/cat, but you would have to rip the underpart off, thus not making it collectible anymore. You just wasted a good 60 bucks, ha!

Spartan MK-6
09-24-2007, 10:06 PM
I don't think we should be discussing if your hand can fit in the helmet or not, its just stupid to me. :|

It can fit your hand/cat, but you would have to rip the underpart off, thus not making it collectible anymore. You just wasted a good 60 bucks, ha!

eh, i dont care, its still good :P.

Fire Pkmn Master
09-24-2007, 11:20 PM
Alright, I went to the store to pay for the rest of the Halo 3 and by Midnight Ill be at the store buying it.

Hypocrisy is Fun
09-25-2007, 12:46 AM
Shut up Marco. You aren't going to make any friend's by telling them how to spend their money. :tongue:

Tamer Marco
09-25-2007, 12:53 AM
Hey, I may be a penny pincher at times, but that only makes for smarter purchases.

Did YOU get the Legendairy edition? :o

Hypocrisy is Fun
09-25-2007, 12:58 AM
Of course. Any fanboy such as myself would like to make their final halo fps purchase memorable.

Plus I was saving for like a year.

Dr Scott
09-25-2007, 01:42 AM
HA! (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1739384&postcount=520)

I love this day.

To all you haters who don't think Halo is worth all the hype ... read my avvy ^.^. That's my final thoughts on that debate xD.

Look me up, I'd be happy to play you, team with you, or play the campaign online with you Fire Master ^_^

Neo Emolga
09-25-2007, 01:57 AM
I still don't have an XBox 360 though. Scott says I should get hyped up anyway, but I find it hard to get crazy about a game I can't even play yet.

Heck, I'm already missing out on Gears of War... http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/Ultradyne/Pikachu%20Emotes/cry.gif

Lady Of The Lake
09-25-2007, 02:12 AM
most people waist like alot of money for the 360 and xbox live
im getting it but my brothers going to play it we are getting it for free my friends dad works for microsof and therem giveing it to us

Kenny_C.002
09-25-2007, 03:58 AM
Yeah, and once I start considering how much more bang for the buck the PS3 is, it is getting tougher and tougher to put the cash down for the 360 myself, Neo. As well, I don't really think the RPG community would thrive on the 360, after seeing how Blue Dragon's not even sold in Walmarts, and Eternal Sonatas aren't exactly "flying off shelves" either...

Charbok
09-25-2007, 04:14 AM
I still don't have an XBox 360 though. Scott says I should get hyped up anyway, but I find it hard to get crazy about a game I can't even play yet.

Heck, I'm already missing out on Gears of War... http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/Ultradyne/Pikachu%20Emotes/cry.gif

Gears of War's overrated.
It really isn't as good as people say it is.

Elitefrenzy
09-25-2007, 04:35 AM
It's out tomorrow, to bad I got school:confused:

Neo Emolga
09-25-2007, 04:54 AM
Yeah, and once I start considering how much more bang for the buck the PS3 is, it is getting tougher and tougher to put the cash down for the 360 myself, Neo. As well, I don't really think the RPG community would thrive on the 360, after seeing how Blue Dragon's not even sold in Walmarts, and Eternal Sonatas aren't exactly "flying off shelves" either...

Eh, hate to say it, but I haven't seen one single game on PS3 I wish I had. I know you probably know of a lot of "sleeper hit" RPGs that might be coming to PS3, but honestly, its been quite a while since I've played a really engrossing and thrilling RPG. I've honestly lost my faith in that kind of genre of games.

Sorry, but I'm not going to lay down $500 for a system that doesn't have any games I'm even remotely interested in...

OrexxerO
09-25-2007, 04:54 AM
Well, a close call for me. The disc tray got jammed, but I fixed it. Saved me of waiting a week and a half for a repair job. :smile:

Daang, and I was sooo depressed too.

OH, and by the way, my gamertag is my name on this forum, OrexxerO. So go ahead and add me, would love to play with ya guys.

cacatua
09-25-2007, 04:58 AM
Well My Gamertag Is Mosqueton, And Im Going For My Halo 3 In 1 Hour Exactly

Hypocrisy is Fun
09-25-2007, 05:01 AM
Gears of War's overrated.
It really isn't as good as people say it is.

That's bull. :l

Have you even tried live, or co-op?

cacatua
09-25-2007, 05:02 AM

I did and didnt like it very much either

OrexxerO
09-25-2007, 05:06 AM
Gears was a great game I must admit. But I am going to like Halo 3 better, its more free form then Gears is.

Gears is fun, played coop and online. But its story is even more lacking then Halo is. I mean, whats the deal with these creatures all the sudden popping out of the ground like dasies? Never really explained.

Dr Scott
09-25-2007, 05:18 AM
Yeah, I'm up for some online co-op mission thingy later on if anyone wants to play.

When does Live come up?

And Halo 3 is amazing ...

My Highlights (No spoilers, I think)

1) Having a Grunt turn a corner, see me, go "It's the bad guy!" and then have me hit him in the head with my rifle.
2) Finding out they have the original Assault Rifle AND the Battle Rifle.
3) Sneaking up behind a Brute, seeing "Press B to perform a stealth kill" and then jumping up and HITTING HIM WITH A GRAVITY HAMMER.
4) The first large fight with a handful of Brutes. Intense.
5) Going up to a turret, YANKING IT OFF, using it, running out of ammo, YANKING OFF ANOTHER
_____

But Gears of War is incredible. I honestly like the story slightly better then Halo, not sure why, it's a lot more nitty gritty.

And the team competition thing is great. Especially when you get with a good group and two even teams, then it's amazing ;o.

Kenny_C.002
09-25-2007, 05:57 AM
Eh, hate to say it, but I haven't seen one single game on PS3 I wish I had. I know you probably know of a lot of "sleeper hit" RPGs that might be coming to PS3, but honestly, its been quite a while since I've played a really engrossing and thrilling RPG. I've honestly lost my faith in that kind of genre of games.

Sorry, but I'm not going to lay down $500 for a system that doesn't have any games I'm even remotely interested in...

You told me that last time, and gave Okami a pass. >.> WHO GIVES GAME OF THE YEAR A PASS? Bungie should be happy they released Halo 3 now, it would have been embarassing if w/e Clover's people have formed made another pwnsome game like Okami and pwn them again like they did to Halo 2.

As I was saying, this was strictly from a "bang for buck" ideal, not anything else. I would say that I'd get the system that gets the Idolm@ster port here, though. It's pretty much high stakes for them. And for me, PS3's got some games coming out that would be interesting, including Folklore. Folklore looks like it'll have that Okami feel to it. If so, it's going to be Game of the Year next year. LocoRoco Cocoreccho! is going to be cute. ^^

Other games I'd look out for in the future:
SMT: Persona 4
Star Ocean 4
Eternal Sonata (out on 360 already)
Makai Wars
Golden Axe (yes, Golden Axe. Genesis had that good ^^, also for 360)

So I dunno. Things can go either way really.

Dr Scott
09-25-2007, 09:07 AM
Kenny, no one else here understands you xD.

AND SO LIVE IS UP :o.

Played a few.

Won one xD.

The Mauler pwns.

Bryce
09-25-2007, 09:58 PM
my dad went out & bought it today on his lunch break, but i havent been able to play it yet

because my lil' brother swarmed on it the minute he got home [an hour before me] & my

dad will be playing it as soon as he gets home & my brother goes to football practice, so i

am pretty much screwed until tomorrow :tongue:

karmachameleon
09-25-2007, 10:37 PM

Me and him tried it on live, but we couldn't start anything.

That game just gets repetitive. The only fun parts are chainsawing people and swinging the dead body at the beginning.

Charbok
09-25-2007, 10:40 PM

Well, I tried both, nagged neither of them worked though.

There are 2 fun things about that game: swinging corpses by shooting them, and the chainsaw.

Dr Scott
09-26-2007, 04:30 AM
Beaten.

And I don't get it xD

Spoilers of sorts in white.

Wow, I don't know how to feel about the ending sequence. It seemed rather odd for a game like Halo to end on a note like it did ... well it did but it didn't.

Haha I'll worry about taling about it more when more people finish.

Jack of Clovers
09-26-2007, 05:11 AM

No pictures? I would love to see a home made Grunt outfit. Heh. Can't help but enjoy crazy fans.

As for myself, I'll be waiting years until Halo 3 is made for the PC.

~Jack~

Elitefrenzy
09-26-2007, 05:19 AM
Mine's coming soon in the mail ^_^ Hopefully by tomorrow. I heard the limited edition ones got scratched in the case :neutral:

Seawolf
09-26-2007, 06:01 AM
Halo 3 is officially awesome to me now, simply because you can wield a BAN HAMMER!

It is actually called the Gravity Hammer, but that is such a dumb name.

Kenny_C.002
09-26-2007, 06:26 AM
No pictures? I would love to see a home made Grunt outfit. Heh. Can't help but enjoy crazy fans.

As for myself, I'll be waiting years until Halo 3 is made for the PC.

~Jack~
http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff305/Forbidden_orchid/thumb300x_setpreview_large.jpg

Hurray for homemade armor, Jack? XD

Jack of Clovers
09-26-2007, 06:50 AM
Aha! That's no Grunt, but I'm not complaining.

~Jack~

Kenny_C.002
09-26-2007, 08:30 AM
Aha! That's no Grunt, but I'm not complaining.

~Jack~
No, she's not a grunt. She's with the good guys. ;)

Tamer Marco
09-26-2007, 12:53 PM
No, she's not a grunt. She's with the good guys. ;)
I don't know for sure what that statement meant, but I like it all the same. :D

Fire Pkmn Master
09-27-2007, 01:29 AM
I beat the game in like 5 hours I think. I got it at Midnight on Monday. The game looks of course a whole lot better.
[Spoiler]The ending was also odd to me. Like what happen to Master Chief. They show the Arbitar but now him. They do show 117 on like the tombstone or whatever with the people who died but still a bit confused.[Spoiler End]
Im going to do Hard and Legendary soon maybe.

karmachameleon
09-27-2007, 02:11 AM
I played it for like 2 hours today, and it's GREAT! Huge maps, awesome new weapons, like that new shotgun/pistol thing, and just overall the best Halo game.

Fire Pkmn Master
09-27-2007, 02:52 AM
Its the best game ever. I love the Battle Rifle in this one. I dont know why really, but it just seems to shoot easy for me.

Dr Scott
09-27-2007, 03:15 AM
I can help with the ending, find me on AIM.

Anyways, there's one thing about online that seems off and bugs me ... I seem to die so much easier in Halo 3 then Halo 2, and wacks seem to do so much more damage . . .

I mean, if someone gets the jump on you you die, there are too many easy deaths, if you're in a bunch of people and you kill one you prolly won't kill two ... And it takes away some strategy :-/.

Get back to me on that XP.

Charbok
09-27-2007, 04:11 AM
I think they should make Master Chief be a girl.

Fire Pkmn Master
09-27-2007, 10:45 AM

Anyways, there's one thing about online that seems off and bugs me ... I seem to die so much easier in Halo 3 then Halo 2, and wacks seem to do so much more damage . . .

I mean, if someone gets the jump on you you die, there are too many easy deaths, if you're in a bunch of people and you kill one you prolly won't kill two ... And it takes away some strategy :-/.

Oh ok.

Well it did just come out but there was about 2million people on.

Deafs do seem pretty easy to get now.

I miss having lockout though. That was my favorite stage. Ive gotten used to some of the new stages but still like some of the old ones.

Dr Scott
09-27-2007, 10:48 AM
I miss Sidewinder from the first Halo, it sucks that they never brought it to Halo 2 ...

I'm guessing they'll have a lot of map packs to bring in Halo 2 maps to Halo 3, though, since they only have like ... 2.

Fire Pkmn Master
09-27-2007, 11:36 AM
I cant remember that map...

I hope they do that because I want lockout back and would like to see almost all halo 2 stages remade for Halo 3.
I wonder why we cant play Swat on Matchmaking. Thats my favorite game to play and its not there.

theEND
09-27-2007, 12:16 PM
You lucky little XBox 360 owners....

Like Jack, I'll also be waiting eons until Halo 3 is released (Unfortunately) for the PC. I might as well upgrade my PC's specs for the original Halo while I'm at it. >_>

Can anyone help me? I want to know if there is a fully capable mod that can allow me to play Halo 2 for the PC. (There's a Vista version, but Vista, as far as I'm concerned, isn't that good. D:)

Gravity Hammer. O_O

Seawolf
09-27-2007, 06:50 PM

What difficulty did you finish it on? I just did it on Normal, and the ending was very disappointing, to put it lightly. =/

I am wondering if beating it on Legendary has an extra cutscene, like the original. I know Halo 2 had a secret scene at the end, but I am not sure if you had to beat it on Legendary or not. Shows you how much I know about the series.

Callum
09-27-2007, 07:14 PM
What difficulty did you finish it on? I just did it on Normal, and the ending was very disappointing, to put it lightly. =/

I am wondering if beating it on Legendary has an extra cutscene, like the original. I know Halo 2 had a secret scene at the end, but I am not sure if you had to beat it on Legendary or not. Shows you how much I know about the series.

I haven't played it yet. I also heard the ending was a big dissapointment. The campaign for Halo 1 was the best. :cool:

.AzureLight
09-27-2007, 08:08 PM

No you sir are made of fail.

Halo 3 is by far the greatest game I've ever played.

Yes, the ending is horrible, but that's only because you expect something better. Although the Legendary ending has me intrigued as crap.

SiberianTiger
09-27-2007, 08:19 PM
I myself didn't get a chance to play until late lastnight, started the campaign on legendary but all those snipers on the one part (Those that have played know the place) have been giving me a hart time.

Checked out online, killed a few newbs in basic training before playing a team slayer.

Overall opinion is pretty good so far, lots of fun.

I like the Mauler.

~Isaiah

Tamer Marco
09-27-2007, 09:23 PM
No you sir are made of fail.

Halo 3 is by far the greatest game I've ever played.

Yes, the ending is horrible, but that's only because you expect something better. Although the Legendary ending has me intrigued as crap.

I think I'm going to stop talking to you and Shaun, because I got it last night, took it over a friend's house with XBL, and beat the campaign within a few hours, and we owned in multi. :|

In case you didn't notice, Halo 3 is a FPS. You can't compare it to EVERY SINGLE GAME and call it the best of the best. :/

Even the reviewers said they were expecting more.

OrexxerO
09-28-2007, 04:22 AM
I wouldn't say the ending was necessarily "disappointing" persay as it was unexpected. Ironic how it "ends" how the game "Began" meaning the first Halo game. And yes there is a extra scene if you beat it on legendary.

If they do continue, they should just do so in novels, and not make a fourth game.... If they DO make a fourth game...it won't be a FPS I don't think.

Halo 3 has surpassed many expectations however. It has garnered already nearly every award that can be awarded to a video game. And within the first 24 hours it made 170 million dollars, breaking world history in the gaming industry for sales. And now its most likely way over that even.

I think they did a great job. The end mission(if you played it on a huge screen with surround sound and high definition) :wink: seemed more like a movie to me then a actual game at that moment.

Wouldn't bother me if they continued as novels. but...Bungie is going to have to work some magic to make a game to surpass the bar they have set themselves.

Dr Scott
09-28-2007, 06:03 AM
Spoiler in white.

Apparently, the legendary ending has him floating towards Onyx. Now, for those of you who don't know what that is, it's this place where this person who made Cortana and these other Spartans are.

What does this mean? Basically, and most likely, they're handing Master Chief's story to the writers of the book. John will free them and then they'll go on big adventures, yada yada.

But am I the only one who is doing bad in multi? :-/. I know I wasn't the best at Halo 2, but I wasn't bad either ... meh, I guess I'll just have to get used to it. It just seems like I swing my gun ... and then die.

That and damned lag issues ...

*sigh*

Anyways, it's a great game but no it isn't the best game of all time. Though it is on par with the original Perfect Dark, which expanded on Goldenye and made it better <3.

Still, good game.

Jack of Clovers
09-28-2007, 06:45 AM
Can anyone help me? I want to know if there is a fully capable mod that can allow me to play Halo 2 for the PC. (There's a Vista version, but Vista, as far as I'm concerned, isn't that good. D:)
Unfortunately, nothing I would trust. You'll have to go with Vista, that way you get the best performance for the game. Vista's good, it just depends if your computer is compatible with it, which is where a lot of people have problems.

~Jack~

Tamer Marco
09-28-2007, 04:57 PM
Spoiler in white.

Apparently, the legendary ending has him floating towards Onyx. Now, for those of you who don't know what that is, it's this place where this person who made Cortana and these other Spartans are.

What does this mean? Basically, and most likely, they're handing Master Chief's story to the writers of the book. John will free them and then they'll go on big adventures, yada yada.

But am I the only one who is doing bad in multi? :-/. I know I wasn't the best at Halo 2, but I wasn't bad either ... meh, I guess I'll just have to get used to it. It just seems like I swing my gun ... and then die.

That and damned lag issues ...

*sigh*

Anyways, it's a great game but no it isn't the best game of all time. Though it is on par with the original Perfect Dark, which expanded on Goldenye and made it better <3.

Still, good game.
I would be the one with a black skin. -_-

For the hour I played on multi, my team won 2 matches, so I think either we're just really good, or the current competition really sucks...

Fire Pkmn Master
09-28-2007, 07:35 PM
Im pretty mad that what happened yesterday. I was playing Team Slayer and it was Snipers and Shoties. I won but before it can go back to the matchmaking screen or whatever my X box turned off. So I tried restarting it and then I hear a noise from the X box and I try and turn it off but it wont so I unplug it and I look at the game and there was this big scratched line going around the whole Halo 3 disc. :susp:

Luckly when my mom called the store the lady said she'll give me another one if I show her the reciet. But we still have t get are 360 fix so this wont happen again and so it wont keep turning off.

Hypocrisy is Fun
09-29-2007, 12:57 AM
I personally as fan must say I liked the ending. It leaves a lot of open area for more ideas and games. But I guess a lot of people don't think like me and want an ending full of sunshine and flowers.

I hope you all watched the ending after the credits, too.

And yes, if you beat the game on legendary there is a small clip.

Alright, now time to show my mean side. Yeah, the one I've tried to keep off forum. And please, this is not directed toward anyone in particular (except for the last part), I just want to explain my views on negative feedback.

I'm just tired of how unoriginal most of you guys can get about this game. It has so much to offer but you reject it just because you're thinking to yourself, "oh i hate this game i'm going to show thos internet ppl wut i think when i get back to my bloggg, I plaied it for an hour but it sux"

It really is a great game, but some people just have to come in rant uselessly. You don't click on a thread when the title clearly has something you have little interest for. The game was amazing, but some of you feel the need to just keep asking for more. If you don't like a certain game, fine, but don't try to ruin it for everyone else.

And, Marco, I have no problem with not speaking to you. If you're going to reject me because you don't want to hear me talking about a video game, thats just fine with me.

Trust me, I'm not calling Halo 3 the perfect game, but I do get pretty angry when people fail to see something good when it's right in front of them.

Seriously, if the game sucked so much, why does it have so many fans? It's because it's good. Sorry for being harsh, but I felt something had to be said.

Fire Pkmn Master
09-29-2007, 01:11 AM
I personally as fan must say I liked the ending. It leaves a lot of open area for more ideas and games. But I guess a lot of people don't think like me and want an ending full of sunshine and flowers.

I hope you all watched the ending after the credits, too.

And yes, if you beat the game on legendary there is a small clip.

Alright, now time to show my mean side. Yeah, the one I've tried to keep off forum. And please, this is not directed toward anyone in particular (except for the last part), I just want to explain my views on negative feedback.

I'm just tired of how unoriginal most of you guys can get about this game. It has so much to offer but you reject it just because you're thinking to yourself, "oh i hate this game i'm going to show thos internet ppl wut i think when i get back to my bloggg, I plaied it for an hour but it sux"

It really is a great game, but some people just have to come in rant uselessly. You don't click on a thread when the title clearly has something you have little interest for. The game was amazing, but some of you feel the need to just keep asking for more. If you don't like a certain game, fine, but don't try to ruin it for everyone else.

And, Marco, I have no problem with not speaking to you. If you're going to reject me because you don't want to hear me talking about a video game, thats just fine with me.

Trust me, I'm not calling Halo 3 the perfect game, but I do get pretty angry when people fail to see something good when it's right in front of them.

Seriously, if the game sucked so much, why does it have so many fans? It's because it's good. Sorry for being harsh, but I felt something had to be said.

There was another clip after the credits?

I have to agree with you there. I mean if you would see how many reserves this game had and if you went to go pick it up on the release or Midnight then you would see all these fans and see how popular and great this game is.

It isnt the greatest but it is a very cool game that has improved over the years a lot.

Hypocrisy is Fun
09-29-2007, 01:12 AM
I believe Halo 3 broke some kind of video game history record. With the midnight thing and all.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/id,137737-page,1/article.html

Tamer Marco
09-29-2007, 01:13 AM

lol, the not speaking to anyone was a joke. And I do realize that Halo 3 is good, but most of the people on this forum are intelligent (mostly) enough to realize that it isn't the perfect game, and doesn't need as much hype as it's gotten.

To me, the campaign did suck, yes, but multi is fun.

Hypocrisy is Fun
09-29-2007, 01:17 AM
You can't stop hype. More fans = more hype. No matter what happens, the number of fans determines the hype level, and it turns out the Halo trilogy has a lot more than many.

Tamer Marco
09-29-2007, 01:25 AM
You still have to realize that Halo is backed by the devil, Microsoft. The true hype is more or less simple marketing, and enough to attract more non-gamers and people that wouldn't normally play the game. Thats why normal mode on Halo 3 was so damn easy, because it was made for people that sucked at it. So maybe it will break every gaming record that ever existed (;/) but the majority of the people that buy it aren't buying it because they're fans, its because they fell for the trap.

Microsoft must of gotten a great deal on olive green plastic...

Hypocrisy is Fun
09-29-2007, 01:28 AM
That excuse isn't going to work. I'm almost positive that a non-gamer isn't going to start with a rated M game, or a 3rd installment of a game. It just doesn't work that way. Plus, why would a non gamer buy a 360 when they can go out and be like their friends. Casual gaming is owned by the Wii right now. The hype comes from fans more than anything.

OrexxerO
09-29-2007, 02:47 AM

I understand what you mean. It probably has a few small bugs they need to work out and balancing.

They had to tweek many things with Halo 2 before it became really optimal gameplay.

I also was phenomonally good at Halo 2, and I find myself lacking in Halo 3....seems like your reflexes to respond are slower in the game.

And I found the campaign quite good, soundtrack was mind blowing, especially with surround sound.

Marco, the campaign is only easy on..well....easy or normal. I beat it on Heroic, and out of all of the halo games, Halo 3 gave me the most intense gameplay for about a solid hour I have probably ever seen in a game(except for maybe ninja gaiden).

Its a great game, and no its not perfect, but no game is. Bio shock was supposedly "awsome" but to me its just Farcry under water, the plotline pretty much made it seem like that. And also put back in the 1960's.

And the "record" the game broke was the most sales within a 24 hour period in history. 170 million dollars in the first 24 hours. Probably over that by much now. And it has also already been given awards from most game reviewers, including a "gold award" for the first time by one group in particular.

Its a outstanding game, its music definately is second to none. I can't tell you guys how much energy corses through you with the outstanding music. Especially the last levels music...oh my hell that was awsome.

ZiVixx
09-30-2007, 06:42 PM
I have beaten it on legendary already, I cried in the end. My social life has became Halo 3. My girlfriend wonders what's so special about the game. My personal opinion of the game is 10/10. They doubled the wepons. The graphics have been updated to almost like your master chief looking through his goggles. Storyline is so in depth. BioShock had a great one, but after playing through on Halo, it was just so amazing. Bungie will continue to Kick *** for many many more years!

Kenny_C.002
09-30-2007, 10:36 PM
That excuse isn't going to work. I'm almost positive that a non-gamer isn't going to start with a rated M game, or a 3rd installment of a game. It just doesn't work that way. Plus, why would a non gamer buy a 360 when they can go out and be like their friends. Casual gaming is owned by the Wii right now. The hype comes from fans more than anything.

And the non-gamer demographic doesn't include Halo 3's target audience. That should be the main point. It's people like me that they haven't captured yet that they need to. Halo 3 is a game in the a mature genre (FPS), and thus unless you've been on the ride for a long time, it will be difficult to deal with.

I understand what you mean. It probably has a few small bugs they need to work out and balancing.

They had to tweek many things with Halo 2 before it became really optimal gameplay.

Take it from Blizzard: balancing after a game's release is a pain in the butt. Bungie's lucky in some ways that the 360 allows for patches. Otherwise, the game couldn't be tweaked.

And I found the campaign quite good, soundtrack was mind blowing, especially with surround sound.

I'd imagine that they have a very epic soundtrack. From what I've heard, the only soundtrack to ever beat them are those that has a soundtrack that is significant to storyline (like Ar Tonelico), or so classic that it's defined epic (like Final Fantasy). They did a nice job with it.

Its a great game, and no its not perfect, but no game is. Bio shock was supposedly "awsome" but to me its just Farcry under water, the plotline pretty much made it seem like that. And also put back in the 1960's.

Has NOBODY heard of System Shock 2 or something? To put it blatantly: Bioshock = System Shock 2 with a better storyline. Unfortunately, Bioshock's storyline is so above and beyond most FPS players' capacity to understand, that it is often equated with something weaker. Bioshock, in essence, is the first FPS game in this mature genre to EVER possibly convert non-FPS players into playing an FPS, which is why Bioshock's difficulty is justified.

And the "record" the game broke was the most sales within a 24 hour period in history. 170 million dollars in the first 24 hours. Probably over that by much now. And it has also already been given awards from most game reviewers, including a "gold award" for the first time by one group in particular.

Its a outstanding game, its music definately is second to none. I can't tell you guys how much energy corses through you with the outstanding music. Especially the last levels music...oh my hell that was awsome.

I seriously doubt that it can beat the all-time high in terms of money making (tetris wins by several million miles still), but it's definitely impressive on Bungie's resume. Another thing is that Bungie is now a massive name (and not just a big name), they are essentially one of the authorities in FPS; they can call the shots, and make money just by having "From the creators of Halo" on the packaging. Not bad for releasing a trilogy.

I have beaten it on legendary already, I cried in the end. My social life has became Halo 3. My girlfriend wonders what's so special about the game. My personal opinion of the game is 10/10. They doubled the wepons. The graphics have been updated to almost like your master chief looking through his goggles. Storyline is so in depth. BioShock had a great one, but after playing through on Halo, it was just so amazing. Bungie will continue to Kick *** for many many more years!

Yeah I can relate to that. There has been RPG series that took me around for a rather wild ride and didn't let go. Strangely enough, it's usually the storyline that is the captivating factor. There is one concern though...it seems like the single player campaign is rather short.

Fire Pkmn Master
10-01-2007, 03:10 AM
Has anyone here tried getting some skulls?
I was in campaign with an online friend because he was going to do it so I was like whynot.

Hypocrisy is Fun
10-02-2007, 01:05 AM
I don't get it Kenny, are you perhaps agreeing with me? :o

Single player isn't that short, especially on legendary. Sure it can't compare to 40 hour RPG's, but online multiplayer and unlock ables help out there.

Kenny_C.002
10-02-2007, 04:04 AM
I don't get it Kenny, are you perhaps agreeing with me? :o

Single player isn't that short, especially on legendary. Sure it can't compare to 40 hour RPG's, but online multiplayer and unlock ables help out there.

I was expanding on what you said, actually.

As for RPG's vs. FPS's, there isn't online multiplayer in an RPG for good reason. I don't think it's that fair to compare lengths of different genres anyway. What we can compare, however, is the interest. The RPG demographic is much smaller than the FPS demographic in NA (the opposite is true in Japan). Given that information, the easiest way to get one demographic to join the other is to have a transition stage. I think Bioshock is the closest thing to it.

skate4242
10-02-2007, 04:16 AM
that game us amazing and it is already out

OrexxerO
10-03-2007, 06:45 AM
Take it from Blizzard: balancing after a game's release is a pain in the butt. Bungie's lucky in some ways that the 360 allows for patches. Otherwise, the game couldn't be tweaked.

Yeah, I played Warcraft 3 from the start(well, TFT that is). And the amount of patches they did for tweeking the game took years. Made the game a bit better over the years of playing it though.

One thing bungie does that kind of creeps me out is the alternate reality games it plays.

IF you want a example of the "mysteries" they did for Halo 2 just go to www.ilovebees.com to see what I mean. You will see what looks to be a regular site, then this black message will come on with a countdown timer. Counting down to the ACTUAL time, date, and day that Master Chief awakes from cryo sleep in the first halo.

And other things on the site.

Bungie has always been kind of creepy that way.

I have beaten it on legendary already, I cried in the end. My social life has became Halo 3. My girlfriend wonders what's so special about the game. My personal opinion of the game is 10/10.

I agree with you all the way man. The game ended in such a way that I also shed a tear, even though it isn't real, if you have read the books and followed Johns life from his very beginning, all this crap he had to ender and you think he died at the end....but then he still isn't done by how he "watch out spoiler" is drifting towards some planet at the end(presumably marathon, and that he is the marathin protaganist).

Hmm, wonder if we will ever know.

Oh, and if you want to get the 13th skull just ask me. will PM you instructions.

Dr Scott
10-03-2007, 08:14 AM
Honestly, I never got that caught up in the storyline. Sure, the Flood creeps the heck out of me and it's pretty cool, but I never got as involved as I was in KOTOR or FFX or things of that nature.

For me it was all about the multi-play and getting as many kills as possible XP. I'm finally getting better at it, whether more used to it or less used to GoW, however you want to look at it.

BTW, if any of you cats have online multiplayer, check out my thread (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?t=66452). Getting some PE2K people together to play :o.

OrexxerO
10-03-2007, 05:29 PM
Scott im not in PE2K but im a Lieutenant already in halo and pretty good at teamslayer games. :wink: sooo, wouldn't mind playing with you guys.

But Scott, people say halo doesn't have a very deep story, only because it doesn't jump right into their faces and show them exactly whats going on. You actually have to do some thinking and figure out things for yourself.

I delved into the whole "forerunner" thing trying to figure them out, and also where exactly did the flood come from? Were they a freak lab experiment gone wrong? Or some creature from beyond the galaxy that consumed one already and ran into the Forerunners attempting to do the same to our galaxy?

Its also interesting to listen to what the gravemind says. At the end when halo is self destructing it says something like this:

"Defeat is only a addition to a sentence I never deserved but you imposed.". And other things it says.

PLus those terminals if you look around on The Ark level, the Covenant level, and there is a hidden one on the last level.

I did get rather involved in the KOTOR games as well. Those were some mysterious games. I could never figure KOTOR II out completely. That was one intricately woven game.

Hypocrisy is Fun
10-04-2007, 03:52 AM
I was expanding on what you said, actually.

As for RPG's vs. FPS's, there isn't online multiplayer in an RPG for good reason. I don't think it's that fair to compare lengths of different genres anyway. What we can compare, however, is the interest. The RPG demographic is much smaller than the FPS demographic in NA (the opposite is true in Japan). Given that information, the easiest way to get one demographic to join the other is to have a transition stage. I think Bioshock is the closest thing to it.

I didn't exactly mean to compare the two genres, just trying to sort of point out pros and cons in the story area.