PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Strategy Game

dragonite0943
09-21-2007, 04:04 AM
What is your favorite strategy video game? Mine are probably all of the Final Fantasy games. I can't wait for all the new ones coming out. Also FF Tactics Advance 2 is gonna be awesome. Pokemon rocks also.

Neo Emolga
09-21-2007, 04:08 AM
Final Fantasy Tactics. The Playstation version, not the GBA one that pales in comparison.

That game was just epic, and the music was definitely great quality.

dragonite0943
09-21-2007, 04:12 AM
Final Fantasy Tactics. The Playstation version, not the GBA one that pales in comparison.

That game was just epic, and the music was definitely great quality.

I agree that the PS1 one is better but it was pretty cool to play FFT wherever you go.
FFTA2 sounds promising. Maybe the DS can help it live to its full potential.

Ultima Boss
09-21-2007, 04:20 AM
The Playstation version, not the GBA one that pales in comparison.
The mechanics were better in the one you so dare degrade, but I would have to admit Square Enix could've done more with the plot. Hopefully they'll fix this in the sequel coming to the DS.

Anyway, I would have to say Fire Emblem: Blazing Sword and Civilization IV take my pick for now. Blazing Sword has some of the best Lords of the series (Hector and Lyndis, of course), and building Civilizations and declaring war on neighboring nations is just plain awesome; of course, declaring war isn't the only aspect of the game.

Runner(s) up could be Tactics Ogre: The Knight of Lodis and Final Fantasy Tactics Advance. Note that battle mechanics and unit manipulation are a major aspect for sRPGs, at least for me.

I know, I probably need to dig deeper to this genre of gaming; I'm doing my best.

dragonite0943
09-21-2007, 04:23 AM
I read a few summarys and saw pictures and Final Fantasy Tactics Advance 2 looks pretty impressive. 10 new races and 10-15 new jobs. Better graphics too. The sprites still look nicely detailed too.

Cybernetic Ghost
09-21-2007, 05:25 AM
Warcraft 3 and Starcraft easily.

George Jefferson
09-21-2007, 05:19 PM
Either Disgaea or Starcraft.

RonRaygunX3
09-21-2007, 05:48 PM
The best stratedgy game is pokaymonstahs in my opinion.

Although I looked at StarCraft or whatever it's called and that looks pretty awesome.

Yggdrasill
09-21-2007, 07:08 PM
Disgaea, definitely. To be specific; hour of darkness.

TheEvilDookie
09-21-2007, 07:12 PM
Definitely starcraft for me. I love it when you beat someone and they start hating on you xD
But still its fun all the time when youre working with a team

Lucavi
09-21-2007, 09:01 PM
It'd be a tie between WC:TFT and FFT for me