PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon Snap

MystiKal
03-06-2005, 07:39 PM
OK this by far is my favorite Pokemon game I loved taking pictures of Pokemon. The graphics were great for the N64, did anyone else love this game?

Thanatos
03-06-2005, 07:56 PM
I did!

When I got it I was really young so I couldn't manage to get everything. I resorted to a game guide.

Nowadays, I can complete it in a grand total of about 4 hours.

sdp
03-06-2005, 08:34 PM
I thought it was a dumb game until i played it on a demo at Toys R us, i loved it and spent my 60$ that same day. It was a great game, i would love to see a sequel!

Pokemon Trainer Sarah
03-06-2005, 09:43 PM
I love that game too! It's awesome, I think it would have to be my favourite game! It was a really original idea too, I've been hoping for a sequel ever since it came out!

Pokemon Trainer Michael
03-06-2005, 10:21 PM
Seriously.When I was little it seemed so hard, but now it is a snap.*

*Pun not intended

MystiKal
03-07-2005, 12:13 AM
Yeah I'm really hoping they make a sequel and they could add every single Pokemon now that would be one hard game to finish.

Pokemon Trainer Sarah
03-07-2005, 06:09 AM
Yeah, I thought they might make a sequel when the Johto Pokemon were announced but they never did...they musn't have thought it did very well...

MystiKal
03-07-2005, 10:08 PM
Actually I think it did fairly well in sales maybe they think Pokemon is not as popular as it used to be.

plasmaball3000
03-10-2005, 11:12 PM
I'm not going to say this was my favorite game, but it's definately up there. It's one of those games where you can leave it for a little while and play it all over again without it getting boring. I hated how they bearly included any Pokemon though.

Pidgeot79
03-11-2005, 12:22 AM
I think the idea was awesome.They should of made it longer and harder though.

Nefarious
03-11-2005, 03:27 PM
Oh I loved that game so much. I never bought it though. I borrowed it from a friend. Then I had to give it back. *cries* I can buy it cheaply now but I'm not into N64 anymore. They should make another one.

Pokemon Trainer Sarah
03-11-2005, 08:46 PM
I never bought it until after Pokemon Stadium 2 came out, because I wanted to wait for it to be cheaper ^^

Missingno mystery
03-12-2005, 04:33 PM
I think this was one I got for Christmas :ermm: , can't remember :oops: ? Any way, I thought it was great (even though I never got to print any pics *remembers LOL funny "dead Doduo"* :crackup: ). I remember thinking that there was a sequel, but it turn'd out that NOA jest rip'd out one of the coolest looking level's :susp: .

plasmaball3000
03-12-2005, 04:45 PM
Yeah, I didn't get it until after the picture printers were long gone. It would have cool to print out my Pikachu on a stump or singing Jigglypuff pictures... Ah well, it was probably really expensive anyway.

MystiKal
03-12-2005, 09:16 PM
I loved how in the game you had the poke flute and you could feed the Pokemon apples.

plasmaball3000
03-12-2005, 09:47 PM
And of course there was that secret pleasure of throwing pester balls at Pokemon just for the fun of it.

MystiKal
03-12-2005, 09:48 PM
Lol yeah I loved throwing them at Electrodes and watching them blow up.

Missingno mystery
03-13-2005, 04:40 PM
I remember one time I hatch'd the Moltres egg and sped up to the spot with Charmeleon and took a pic that looks like Moltres is attacking Charmeleon. I also have a pic where there are two Cloysters so close to each other, well I think they like each other a lot is all I'll say but also in the pic jest a bit above thems also a Shellder. Anyway I save my funny pics in my album.

MystiKal
03-13-2005, 05:56 PM
One of my favorite pics is where I shot a pic of Pikachu riding Articuno.

Orange_Flaaffy
03-13-2005, 08:52 PM
Pokemon Snap was a great game and everything..but I always was jealous of some of my friends who went and got their pictures printed out *sigh* Shops don't do that for us pokemon fans anymore..

plasmaball3000
03-13-2005, 09:44 PM
Sure, I could technically take a screenshot of the picture and print it out, but it wouldn't be the same. It would be like watching a DVD instead of seeing it in a theater - you just can't pretend.

MystiKal
03-13-2005, 10:08 PM
True and I still have a few of my pics printed out from Snap there pretty old now.

paperfairy
03-14-2005, 02:25 PM
This game pwned.

I loved this game- it never got boring. It was WAY to easy, but it was still fun. I really really want a sequel, but I doubt it.

My fav pic was probaly Pikachu riding Articuno. Or Jigglypuff on Stage. I have some pretty funny ones too. XD

-PF

Thoughts: =D

PokemonElite2000
03-26-2005, 08:36 AM
OK this by far is my favorite Pokemon game I loved taking pictures of Pokemon. The graphics were great for the N64, did anyone else love this game?
Yea I loved the game, partly because I liked to take pictures to begin with. I wish they had more Pokemon in the game though.

Ken Rei
03-26-2005, 12:09 PM
I enjoyed Pokemon Snap and wish that Nintendo had made a Gold & Silver or Ruby & Sapphire Snap, too.

Kayden Javlaíakín
03-26-2005, 12:21 PM
Yes, I loved the game as well. And I agree with Ken Rei. I bet a gold/silver and ruby/sapphire would have sold milllions...

Thoughts: I still can't belive how long I've been grounded... Someone told me my bro' registered, please tell me he didn't....

Andrew: The Metal Lugia
03-26-2005, 12:25 PM
HI,SIS!!! :biggrin: And no, I'm not on mom's computer, I'm on mine. So wer'e really only communicating from a few yards away.(If your'e on your computer, that is.)

Anyway, I LOVED Pokemon Snap. It was freaking AWESOME!!!!

Lego Man
04-05-2005, 06:08 AM
Yeah, I didn't get it until after the picture printers were long gone. It would have cool to print out my Pikachu on a stump or singing Jigglypuff pictures... Ah well, it was probably really expensive anyway.

I think it was $5 for 16 pictures, you also got to keep the card for printing them:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v206/lego_man1326/snapcards.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v206/lego_man1326/snapcardsback1.jpg
There where those 3, Pikacku ang Jigglypuff

Daniella Defines Divinity
04-05-2005, 10:22 AM
I still play this game from time to time, infact I only got it a couple of months ago when I found it in a second hand Game shop. I wanted it when I was a kid, but I never got it.

It would be so good if they added the other pokemon and then put it on DS, or if they added a picture taking feature as a new subquest type thing to Pokemon colloseum XD

Kenny_C.002
04-05-2005, 02:44 PM
It was fun, but somehow after all the insane pictures that I took (like the charmanders headbutting each other) got erased somehow, I sold the game. :(

Pryce
04-05-2005, 02:58 PM
i'll eventually sell mine too, so don't feel too bad. as much as i like the game, i've played it enough times and i think others who are more interested in it should have it. if you want mine, i could send it to you. :)

weirdlaunc
04-05-2005, 04:12 PM
I've never seen it. what do you do in it?

Pryce
04-05-2005, 06:57 PM
you play as todd the photographer from the earlier series' of the show and you take snapshots of the Pokémon to put into Prof. Oak's articles. After each time you venture out to collect photos, he will score them and you can choose which photos you wish to include in the articles or keep in the album. After each place, you can go to another place and as the game progresses, it becomes harder and harder to find and take photos of all the Pokémon. Some of them you even have to get to come out from hiding. It's really fun and the graphics are very good for N64.

Wow, I remember all this and I haven't played the game ever since a little bit after it first came out! lol But that's everything I know. I'm sure others can give you more info on it.

arcaninegirl1
07-14-2005, 01:34 AM
can poke snap be found somewhere other than ebay now? where? if not do the games on ebay work to their full potential.

TrojanPony
07-14-2005, 01:53 AM
Ahh...it was a classic! Great, great game. I wish they created another one! :surp: The best bet to get one would be only to get one off a friend or someone.

plasmaball3000
07-14-2005, 03:25 AM
can poke snap be found somewhere other than ebay now? where? if not do the games on ebay work to their full potential.

For eBay, it's really going to depend if the game you're getting is used. Half.com however (owned by eBay, except you can buy items without going through a bidding war, and there are more new items) has several brand new copies for about $7.50 with shipping, down to $4.50 if you don't care about it being used (and don't mind taking that extra risk, which for $3 I would want to skip). Here's a link (http://half.ebay.com/cat/buy/prod.cgi?cpid=3698693&pr=1761) to the Pokemon Snap page (and if it doesn't work, just go to half.com and search for Pokemon Snap).

masterryanx
07-15-2005, 05:05 AM
Pokemon Snap was my first N64 game ever.... Oh I love that game! :biggrin:
They need to make a sequel.... :happy:

Chavz
07-26-2005, 06:01 PM
Thats game was great! :biggrin: It was a real classic. I really love unlocking the secret stuff that they had on every level. I remmebr hitting bulbasaur with apples =p. Man now I gotta go play that game again.

darkespeon06
08-04-2005, 03:07 PM
i never played it but it looks really cool i had hoped that there would be a sequel on the gamecube