PDA

View Full Version : Sad Stories?

dragonite0943
09-22-2007, 10:29 PM
Does anyone have any sad stories they wanna share?:boohoo: Don't make 'em to sad though.:depress:

DragoniteMistress
09-22-2007, 10:49 PM
Lucky for you this one is particularly depressing:

Well, my favorite and only cat, Oscar is 7 years old and was born into a litter of wild cats in my grandmother's backyard. In his litter was a run who looked exactly like him.

Well now, my grandma fed all of these cats (about a good two dozen or so cats lived there) and she noticed how Oscar was scared off by other males away from the food, and hid under my grandma's doghouse for several days. She tried to get him out, but he wouldn't come out.
So after three days she found out he wasn't there, and discovered he was in a low-hanging branch of a tree. So, she tried to coax him down with food, but he wouldn't come down, and again, he stared there several days. Afterwards she finally got him down, and took him in to help feed him and such, and kept him as a pet in her basement. When she had nursed him back to a healthy state my mom was going to take him to a humane society, and I was with her. By then he was about three or four months old. I bawled my eyes out, my dad called, so we got to keep Oscar.

Now for Oscar's identical brother runt. This is the sad part of the story. He was generally friendly, coming up to me so I could pet him, and one year we had a bad ice storm. My mom loved Tiny Tim (Oscar's brother) so much, and was concerned about his well-being in the ice storm. On the day she went to take him in like we did with Oscar, she'd found him frozen to death underneath the doghouse Oscar hid under for three days... So, we made him a little grave and buried him. Unfortunately... his grave is being ignored and utterly disrespected, since a large family moved into my grandmother's old house, parking loads of filthy, broken down cars in her backyard and scaring out all of the cats who lived there to their death in the city. *Sigh*

PokemonBoy2106
09-27-2007, 08:10 AM
Heres a very sad one:

When I was in Prep, my dogs who I'd loved so much, Tess and Duke had to be put down. I remember crying that day so much, I cried for three hours, non stp shouting THEY CANT DIE!

Shdw_Tamwyn
09-27-2007, 12:34 PM
Heres a very sad one:

When I was in Prep, my dogs who I'd loved so much, Tess and Duke had to be put down. I remember crying that day so much, I cried for three hours, non stp shouting THEY CANT DIE!

:O

My dog, a little creme colored chihuahua (I mean little, he wasn't even the size of his daughter :/), He died on a rally, his heart just gave out. He couldn't breathe.

He was the best :O

Hazmat
09-27-2007, 12:46 PM
When I was little, we lived across from a public High School.
My first dog was an avid digger, and she dug her way right through the gate and on to the campus.
She was taken, by someone. We never saw her again.
*sobs*

fullmetal
09-27-2007, 08:53 PM
There is a thread for dead pets.

Well anyway I still remember the day my grandma was diagnosed with lung cancer. She died 6 months later. The last thing she told me was to be successful in life. The next morning the hospital called saying that she had passed away. Now I have grown to accept the fact she is gone.

Shadow Eevee
09-27-2007, 09:02 PM
There is a thread for dead pets.

Well anyway I still remember the day my grandma was diagnosed with lung cancer. She died 6 months later. The last thing she told me was to be successful in life. The next morning the hospital called saying that she had passed away. Now I have grown to accept the fact she is gone.

Ouch, that's sad.

Also, they posted their saddest events, which had to do with pets.

Anyway, I don't have any sad stories, but I'll think of one later.

Volvagia Master
09-27-2007, 10:09 PM
Oh man. I know this one off by heart. Probably the saddest day of my life:

Sunday 6th January 2001
Im due to return to school. Im only 7 years old due to be 8 in one months time. Mum get's a call saying Grandad is really ill. We get everything ready to go down to Reading (I live in the UK dont I?).

Monday 7th January 2001
Me, my brother Craig and my Mum take a train down to Reading. My Mum's boyfriend paid for the tickets but couldn't come because he had a hard thing to settle at work. So we get down there. My Mum goes to the hospital with my brother, aunt and uncle. Me, Tyler (3) and Jay (8 months) stay with Nan. Luke (my uncle) permitted us to go on the PS1. I'd brought my games with me. They get back and then they decide to go tomorrow as well.

8th January 2001
Mum, Craig, my nan, my aunt and my uncle go to the hospital again. Me, Tyler and Jay stay in the sitting room. One of Nan's friends stay with us while we wait. They get back after an hour. I thought this was wierd as they usually stayed for about 4 hours. Nan just says, "Ross, Jay, Tyler I have bad news. Grandad is dead." Nan's breaks down crying Craig sits down all depressed, Mum and Billie (my aunt) are crying bad. Luke takes me, Tyler and Jay upstairs and we are just crying.

We ended up staying there for two weeks for the funeral.

Matt
09-28-2007, 12:03 AM
My dad was a marine. A few years before I was born, he was on a special operations mission in El Salvador, and got shot in the leg. The treatment they gave him was minimal, and a third world blood transfusion that they gave him was so expectedly contaminated with the AIDS virus. He returned home immediately, and when I was born he was already struggling with the virus. He was sick and in the hospital on and off for 4 years, and a month before I turned 5 he passed away in his hospital bed. The shame in this story is that I didn't get to know him better.

Luckily, my mother, twin sister, and I are all free of the virus.

Callum
09-28-2007, 09:58 PM
Ahh, all these sad stories in this thread make me sad.

Well, my Grandad was diagnosed with cancer a couple months back. He has been under going treatment for a while, and then he took a turn for the worse, and had to go into an operation. The operation went bad, and he later caught MRSA. Sadly he died on Monday.

Hakken
09-28-2007, 10:11 PM
Day before valentines 2006
-I went to get my tonsils removed. I had to stay the night, obviously. My grandma stayed with me.

Valentines 2006
-My grandma was going to a party but probably fell asleep at the wheel and drove onto the trains tracks. She was ran over and the car exploded. T_T

True story.

LordVoldemort
09-28-2007, 10:19 PM
Today:

Someone pushed me on 13ft pool with my towel.
No one of my 'friends' backed me up but people that I dont talk to much backed me up and helped me.

Finchy
09-28-2007, 10:24 PM
My mother and I were up at my Grandad's in Scotland. Since my Gran passed away, we went up there to sort him out quite often. he was still very much an active man, but age was beginning to kick in. After we left, we got a phone call that he'd fallen down the stairs and hurt his head. We rushed back up, but he wasn't breathing very well. Both myself and my mum I'm sure knew that this was possibly the last time we'd see my Grandad. After a week or so of fighting, there was no more fighting to do. We left my Grandad one night, and got the call in the morning that he'd passed away. I'm glad I'd got to say goodbye the night before.

Wasn't the same story with my Gran. She was in hospital up in Scotland while we were down in England. She phoned us up, then starting shouting and getting angry. The last words I said to her was 'I'm sorry' before my Mum snatched the phone up and went ballistic at the fact she'd shouted at me (I was only young). It pains me even now that I didn't get to say goodbye.

Volvagia Master
09-29-2007, 01:10 AM
Yeah I never got say goodbye to Grandad or my Great-Grandma. My great-grandma died just five days after I was born.

Oh I was really upset last year. My best friend in the world moved to Canada.

eb90
09-29-2007, 01:14 AM
The girl I liked got asked out by my best friend the day I was going to ask her out!
I didn't even tell him and he asked her out and they kissed in front of me.
I didn't do anything but everytime I see them together it hurts.

Volvagia Master
09-29-2007, 01:35 AM
I feel the same way. My ex-girlfriend would kiss or hold hands with her ex-boyfriend when I was around and no-one was looking. Eventually she found out he was cheating on her and dumped him and me being the opportunist I am I took the chance and asked her out. She said yes.
We kissed a few times. In laser quest we would go somewhere where noone was coming and have a good snog (Im a dirty devil) and stuff.

Then in January it all went wrong. We went to the pantomime (it was a residential school or boarding to some) and afterwards, I had had a good time so I was in high spirits, my best friend at the school Jordan told me that Siobhan had asked him out saying that it was over between me and her because we did argue about something. Jordan said he refused because he didnt believe her. I was starting to wake up. I had been blinded by love. So over the next week nothing in particular happened. Then the week afterwards on Tuesday we kissed again for what was the final time. On Wednesday I argued with her. In the shower I cried. I knew that something was going wrong. On Thursday we argued again. She said, "You are going to dump me, aren't you?" and I said, "I'm not, I just want the truth, Siobhan!" She just said, "What are you talking about?!" and I replied, "Are you going back out with Steven or not?! Jordan told me what you said at the pantomime!" She walked off.

On the Friday I had heard the things I needed to end it. Steven (her ex-boyfriend) came up to me and said that e was going back out with her. I said that she had probably said I had ended it with her. He said yeah. And Jordan told me the same thing and I said the same thing. Me and Jordan agreed that it was one boy or none. She refused to realise that we knew what she had been doing. I said to her while we were waiting in line for our taxis to come. I said, "Siobhan. I can't take this. I gave you my heart. I never cheated on you and you ripped my heart up. You are dumped!" She stared at me in disbelief and said, "You don't mean that!". I replied, "I do!" Jordan dumped her. She stomped off to the front of the line and some of the girls were cold shouldering me. Jordan told me that was really brave. I just said that rage can give you bravery you never knew you had.

In the taxi my taxi driver said the usual. "How is it going between you Siobhan?" I said, "It's over and I feel like a new man."

Yeah and the week after was my last week at the school. pretty sad eh?

Furyflame
09-29-2007, 01:37 AM
I feel the same way. My ex-girlfriend would kiss or hold hands with her ex-boyfriend when I was around and no-one was looking. Eventually she found out he was cheating on her and dumped him and me being the opportunist I am I took the chance and asked her out. She said yes.
We kissed a few times. In laser quest we would go somewhere where noone was coming and have a good snog (Im a dirty devil) and stuff.

No-one can hide from me in t3h Lazer Quest! :O

Volvagia Master
09-29-2007, 01:39 AM
Yeah it was only about 10 people so I was easy to hide. Thing is Ive never really recovered from that.

Furyflame
09-29-2007, 01:53 AM
Yeah it was only about 10 people so I was easy to hide. Thing is Ive never really recovered from that.
Im guessing you took off the 10 pound Lazer things? xD

Volvagia Master
09-29-2007, 01:57 AM
I dont really understand what you are saying. I did Laser Quest once a week.

Nirvash
09-29-2007, 02:13 AM
Hmm. I'll have one in.... say... 2-3 months? My Great-Grandmother is dying right now. We put her into a hospital bed, and she's acting like a *****. I know she's not really at fault (Kinda crazy), but I feel a bit irritated since she calls out for my mom all the time. Except she uses "Moma".

Ok, sad story now. My great-grandmother used to be able to walk by herself. She tried to go to the family room to watch some TV, but fell, since there was a step there. She hurt herself, and tried to call my Grandfather (her son). She got blood everywhere, and I freaked out. She was like that when my little brother got home from school, and he called my Mom (she was out working), who called 911. She didn't die, but wasn't in the best condition either. I was really sad since she was hurt, but I calmed down.

I have worse stories, but that one sticks the most, and is most recent.

Furyflame
09-29-2007, 02:18 AM
I dont really understand what you are saying. I did Laser Quest once a week.
Ya know? That super heavy backpack-like thing that has the gun on it? :P

Volvagia Master
09-29-2007, 02:21 AM
I nearly drowned once. My life is full of sad stories.

About four years ago there was a cool looking pool. I asked how deep it was and I was told it was 1.5 metres (I was 1.3 but I was a good swimmer) and I used the slide that went to it. It turned out to be 2.5 metres. I was kicking my legs like mad and shouting for the life guard. The life guard jumped in and rescued me. I was crying like mad and the life guard gave me my money back. The other life guard (who had told me it was 1.5) got sacked. Turned out he was a beginner. Im still scared of water deeper than 1.8 metres.

Matt
09-29-2007, 03:14 AM
That avy is killing me volvo.

And while we have sad girl stories, it's not horribly sad but it's kind of a fun one to listen to. It sounds good at first but the ending sucks:

A year and a half ago, I went to my uncle's 50th birthday party down in Viriginia. It was hosted at the house of one of their family friends, who just so happened to have a daughter (Chelsea) the same age as me. My cousins on this side of the family are one year younger than me and two years older, so we all fall into the same age range, making them good friends with this girl (and all of the other kids so unfortunate to be brought to this party). We obviously left for a separate room and watched movies and stuff away from the boring 50-year-olds, so I got a chance to meet everyone. I started talking to Chelsea at first, but she seemed only mildly interested and told me she had a boyfriend (a "big, mean" one, haha), so I flirted with a few of the other girls just for fun until the night ended. Since my family was one of the last to leave, we said goodbye to Chelsea's family kind of one-on-one as we walked out of their house, and I managed to get her number just so we could "keep in touch." I texted her a few times in the weeks to follow, but over the couple of months after that it turned into daily 3-hour phone conversations every night (i'm not sure what exactly we had to talk about for this long). I did learn that she had broken up with that boy long before I met her, and I also found myself incapable of thinking of anything when she was down there in Viriginia just waiting to see me again. As one can assume, I was ecstatic to hear that the family was going down to visit our cousins overnight quite soon, and I called Chelsea to ask her to consider doing the same. We had a lot of fun that night that we stayed over, we watched some movies, Chelsea and I held eachother and talked and laughed and it's the sweetest memory of my life. I went to bed that night, happy, and she left to go sleep upstairs. The next morning was a completely different story. She seemed quite upset when she got up, and when we all went to the movies the following morning she wouldn't so much as let me hold her hand, and she told me later that day that it was because her friend was having some trouble in her life and that she was worried about her. Not too long after that day we stopped talking altogether, and I found out the real story just a few months ago. It turns out, that night, when she left to go upstairs, she was originally going to sleep in the same room as my sister. My sister went downstairs to get on the computer (and stayed down there for a while), and Chelsea was waiting for her to come back up. In her boredom, she went to hang out with my older (male) cousin. At first they were just talking, but not after too long they were kissing, and more (as she told me "we got pretty far"), and she really felt the way she did the next morning out of guilt. Imagine that.

Nobody knows this entire story bus she and I, and now all of you (but you don't know us so it's alright). I have a girlfriend now, but I still find myself thinking about her and what life would be like now if that night had happened differently. I saw her again last month, which made me quite happy, and I have moved on, but I always find myself wishing that one day in the future I will find her again and we will start over where we left off.

Volvagia Master
09-29-2007, 03:20 AM
Man. Another broken heart eh? People can always have some of the most heartbreaking things. Ah well at least we could be good friends eh? Why is it killing you?

Matt
09-29-2007, 03:30 AM
Man. Another broken heart eh? People can always have some of the most heartbreaking things. Ah well at least we could be good friends eh? Why is it killing you?
Fast and flashing strain my eyes I guess. And it takes a lot to break my heart, that event was just so darn inconvenient.

MustangGT
09-29-2007, 03:40 AM
My sad story.

One blustery August day, or maybe June, the legendary 4th re-incarnation of the DCC was killed off. It was the last of its kind. It's disgruntled members must now chat through AIM and SPAM just because nobody will stop them. And talk about daily stuff.

The End

Exon Auxus
09-29-2007, 03:42 AM
Somethin' like that would make me mad as hell, Matt.

Listen to this classic that happened to me.

Once, I asked a girl out to a dance. So she's like "Sure Mark!" and all that good stuff. You all know this old trick. The night of the dance comes up, I'm fresh and clean in my brand new tux. Phone rings. It's her, with...a "cold". Lol at that one. So I decided to go to the dance anyway, to hang out with my friends, and what do I see? Her kissing my best friend. Not only that, but everyone looks at them kissing and then looks at me, because they all knew that I asked her. Looking at me like "Mark beat his a--"...

EDIT:Mustang it's just a thread man...

MustangGT
09-29-2007, 03:48 AM
Somethin' like that would make me mad as hell, Matt.

Listen to this classic that happened to me.

Once, I asked a girl out to a dance. So she's like "Sure Mark!" and all that good stuff. You all know this old trick. The night of the dance comes up, I'm fresh and clean in my brand new tux. Phone rings. It's her, with...a "cold". Lol at that one. So I decided to go to the dance anyway, to hang out with my friends, and what do I see? Her kissing my best friend. Not only that, but everyone looks at them kissing and then looks at me, because they all knew that I asked her. Looking at me like "Mark beat his a--"...

EDIT:Mustang it's just a thread man...
I know, but I don't really dwell in any really sad things like Matt down there VV
That avy is killing me volvo.

And while we have sad girl stories, it's not horribly sad but it's kind of a fun one to listen to. It sounds good at first but the ending sucks:

A year and a half ago, I went to my uncle's 50th birthday party down in Viriginia. It was hosted at the house of one of their family friends, who just so happened to have a daughter (Chelsea) the same age as me. My cousins on this side of the family are one year younger than me and two years older, so we all fall into the same age range, making them good friends with this girl (and all of the other kids so unfortunate to be brought to this party). We obviously left for a separate room and watched movies and stuff away from the boring 50-year-olds, so I got a chance to meet everyone. I started talking to Chelsea at first, but she seemed only mildly interested and told me she had a boyfriend (a "big, mean" one, haha), so I flirted with a few of the other girls just for fun until the night ended. Since my family was one of the last to leave, we said goodbye to Chelsea's family kind of one-on-one as we walked out of their house, and I managed to get her number just so we could "keep in touch." I texted her a few times in the weeks to follow, but over the couple of months after that it turned into daily 3-hour phone conversations every night (i'm not sure what exactly we had to talk about for this long). I did learn that she had broken up with that boy long before I met her, and I also found myself incapable of thinking of anything when she was down there in Viriginia just waiting to see me again. As one can assume, I was ecstatic to hear that the family was going down to visit our cousins overnight quite soon, and I called Chelsea to ask her to consider doing the same. We had a lot of fun that night that we stayed over, we watched some movies, Chelsea and I held eachother and talked and laughed and it's the sweetest memory of my life. I went to bed that night, happy, and she left to go sleep upstairs. The next morning was a completely different story. She seemed quite upset when she got up, and when we all went to the movies the following morning she wouldn't so much as let me hold her hand, and she told me later that day that it was because her friend was having some trouble in her life and that she was worried about her. Not too long after that day we stopped talking altogether, and I found out the real story just a few months ago. It turns out, that night, when she left to go upstairs, she was originally going to sleep in the same room as my sister. My sister went downstairs to get on the computer (and stayed down there for a while), and Chelsea was waiting for her to come back up. In her boredom, she went to hang out with my older (male) cousin. At first they were just talking, but not after too long they were kissing, and more (as she told me "we got pretty far"), and she really felt the way she did the next morning out of guilt. Imagine that.

Nobody knows this entire story bus she and I, and now all of you (but you don't know us so it's alright). I have a girlfriend now, but I still find myself thinking about her and what life would be like now if that night had happened differently. I saw her again last month, which made me quite happy, and I have moved on, but I always find myself wishing that one day in the future I will find her again and we will start over where we left off.

Call her back? I can't even begin to imagine what that must have felt like for you AND her.

Orthar
09-29-2007, 02:16 PM
One time, I went to go get my hair cut. I went to this place called Hair Cuttery, it seemed okay since all I wanted was a trim. The lady ended up butchering my hair and giving my head the look that not only is it lopsided, but that it is square. As Jim Morrison once said: "Some of the worst mistakes of my life were haircuts."

Honestly though, I can't really think about that sad of a story. I've had nasty breakups and stuff, but I dunno.

Matt
09-29-2007, 04:42 PM
One time, I went to go get my hair cut. I went to this place called Hair Cuttery, it seemed okay since all I wanted was a trim. The lady ended up butchering my hair and giving my head the look that not only is it lopsided, but that it is square. As Jim Morrison once said: "Some of the worst mistakes of my life were haircuts."

Honestly though, I can't really think about that sad of a story. I've had nasty breakups and stuff, but I dunno.
Ahh! I have one near me! It's $12 cheaper than a normal cut but they do SUCH a bad job. I now pay that extra $12 every few months, it's worth it.

Drift
09-30-2007, 12:44 AM
I have a lot of sad stories. :X

I'll share some.

And I'll keep them short.

Un. I really liked this guy in middle school. And he was totally leading me on that he liked me. I asked him out, and he let me down - not in a very nice way either. Afterward, he STILL lead me on. Eventually, I just gave up on him all together. For about a year after that I couldn't trust guys at all.

Deux. Right before I moved I had about 90% of my friends turn on me (they basically started a fight) and just forget about me. We still don't speak to this day.

If I put these into great detail it would take me forever to type, and they would seem way more worse than they actually sound. XD