PDA

View Full Version : The Rebirth Revolution

Manjoume Jun
03-07-2005, 03:27 AM
Heh, so, I guess it's my turn to take change of a team of my own, so hey there everyone, many of you will probably know me, although I have been away for just over a month now, but either way, I'm back.

Of all the Pokémon whose identities are known, many live in flourish, whilst others reside in hiding.

Of all the Pokémon whose names are commonplace, many seek power, whilst others build their minds.

Of all the Pokémon whose figures are recognised, many grow strong, whilst others remain weak.

The Rebirth Revolution believes in equality between Pokémon of all species and type. This team is dedicated to them all, and not one will be forgotten. This may seem pointless, or generic, but there's an ulterior motive behind this group. One which makes it slightly more different than what you'd first think:

The Rebirth Revolution wishes to take the heart of the underdog, and fill it with a joy which was never felt before, due to the inequality which curses the world to this very day.

There are many Pokémon which are overlooked, or underrated, and although some may beg to differ in certain cases, in general, there are many, many species which are seen as being naturally inferior to most others.

As the leader of this team, I wish to recruit as many people as possible, to help show that these poor Pokémon have promise, that they have hope.

And as a member of this fair team, I wish to do this myself as well...

---

The Rebirth Revolution is, as of now, a non-WAR team, and whether I will decide to change this or not in the future is far beyond me, so I shall not be able to pass judgment on such an instance as of yet.

The team works as follows; below is a list of Pokémon which I, over the years, have noticed to be rather rare when it comes to their mention or use.

When you become a member of The Rebirth Revolution, you may choose any Pokémon to represent you as an avatar of the Revolution, and no Pokémon may be chosen a second time by a new member unless all available Pokémon are already taken.

You do not have to request a representative Pokémon if you do not wish to have one.

However, if your chosen avatar Pokémon happens to come under the list of Underdogs, then there are special privileges which will be bestowed upon you.

In a way, you could consider this sort of member as a Moderator for this team, in that you'll be able to benefit from the following:

- you can accept new members into the team
- you can take an active part in helping me organise any events in the future
- you may issue a Level 1 Warning to a member who happens to inexplicably break either a forum or a team rule
- you will be required to submit an essay at some point during your membership within this thread which promotes your chosen Pokémon in some way, shape, or form. This essay will be rated by me on its content and promotion effectiveness, and if the rating is high enough, then you will be promoted to a higher rank within this team

Other members may submit an essay of their chosen Pokémon if they wish, and these essays will still be rated, although the essays of a Moderator will be given priority when it comes to giving a rating.

Also, an essay submitted by a regular member will not end in promotion, but instead that member will earn points, and these points can be accumulated through various activities and feats until you reach a point where you might naturally earn yourself a promotion from Member to Moderator.

A moderator will still earn points, although they will not affect their ability to be promoted, as the promotion from Moderator to the top member status, Elite, isn't given on a point-system basis.

---

The warning system works as follows:

Every time a basic forum rule is broken, or every time a member of this team breaks a rule which corresponds directly to this team, then a warning of a varying level will be issued, and this warning will be recorded by that member's name in my next post, which will be the member list.

The warning levels are as follows:

Level 1 - a member given this level of warning is merely cautioned on their act, and a further instance of rule-breaking will instantly upgrade this warning to level 2.
Ranks permitted to issue this warning: Administrator, Elite, Moderator

Level 2 - a member who continues to break the rules of either the forum or this team will be given an upgraded warning, which will inflict the following penalties:
- their points will be cut in half
- any work they submit will not be rated
This will last for 2 weeks after the day in which the warning was issued.
Ranks permitted to issue this warning: Administrator, Elite

Level 3 - a member who further persists at causing me grief will be hit with a set of heavier penalties:
- their points will be reduced to zero
- any work they submit will not be rated
- they will not be allowed to participate in any team events
This will last for a time period which suits me, as it will also depend on the circumstances in which the warning was issued.
Ranks permitted to issue this warning: Administrator

Level MAX - I seriously hope that I do not have to issue a maximum level warning to anyone, as it will only be given in the most extreme of circumstances, and so I doubt it will see much use, but the hefty penalties which will be laid out on the punished member are as follows:
- they will be removed from the member list
- they may not re-join the team
This is an irreversibe set of penalties, and so this means that the member in question will not be able to be a part of this team at all.
If anyone is stupid enough to push me this far, then I see no reason as to why I should reverse this process.
Ranks permitted to issue this warning: Administrator

Therefore, as you can see, heavy retribution will be in store for repeat offenders, but don't worry, I'm not too strict, so don't feel like you have to act like "total rule-abiding" zombies or anything, and I'll easily over-look accidents or what-not, lol, ^_^

---

Now then, remember, choosing an Underdog Pokémon shouldn't be tried by anyone straight away, as it comes with a bit more responsibility, and so it's definitely not recommended for people who don't think they'll be arounf the forum much.

For the first few weeks, I'm going to disallow the choice of an Underdog Pokémon, but if you wish to reserve one for when I start the Underdog Program, then let me know when you sign-up, and if I see that you will be worthy of handling such a title, then once everything has settled down around the team, I'll think about making you a Moderator.

Until then, you may choose another Pokémon temporarily, okay, ^_^

---

Righty then, well, here's the list of Underdog Pokémon:

Rattata --> Raticate
Ekans --> Arbok
Sandshrew --> Sandslash
Paras --> Parasect
Mankey --> Primeape
Farfetch'd
Shellder --> Cloyster
Cubone --> Marowak
Tangela
Omanyte --> Omastar
Sudowoodo
Hoppip --> Skiploom --> Jumpluff
Aipom
Sunkern --> Sunflora
Yanma
Unown (any of the 28 designs)
Gligar
Qwilfish
Mantine
Stantler
Surskit --> Masquerain
Nosepass
Mawile
Gulpin --> Swalot
Spinda
Chimecho

That's it for now, and remember, the above choices are not to be disputed, they are merely a select assortment of Pokémon which appear to be slightly more underused than others.

There could quite easily be more Pokémon which could be described thusly, but choosing too many would cause the choices for members not wishing to become a Moderator to be slightly too restrictive.

Now remember, if you do not wish to become a Moderator, or if you decide to become one during the first few weeks before I begin the Underdog Program, you may choose any other Pokémon, including the following additions:

Castform (rainy)
Castform (sunny)
Castform (snowy)
Deoxys (attack)
Deoxys (defense)
Deoxys (speed)
Munchlax

---

The ranks used in this team are as follows:

Member --> Moderator --> Elite --> Administrator

Now, the only Administrator is myself, so for everyone else the highest you can go is to become an Elite.

Elites have the added benefit of being able to rate the work of people who submit it, either within this thread, or within another thread if that particular piece of work is dedicated to this team.
By the time you become an Elite, you'll most likely have a good idea as to the way points are awarded depending on how well or how poorly something is rated.

I will generally offer just 1 point for a decent piece of work submitted, be it artwork, a fanfic, a poem, be creative, ^_^
An exceptional piece of work will earn 2 points, and a masterpiece of sorts will earn up to 5 points.

If there are ever any competitions of any kind, the prizes may include points in some cases, but then again, who knows, perhaps I'll up the stakes a little...

---

Well, that's about it from me, hopefully after that tedious explanation, you're willing to give The Rebirth Revolution a try, and maybe then can you work to raise the spirits of the underdog, and fight for a world of equality amongst Pokémon and people.

If you do wish to join this team, then please fill out the following form to the best of your ability:

Name:
Chosen Pokémon:
Preferred Areas of Work: (eg. writing, art, etc...)
Email Contacts:
Messenger Contacts:

Thank you for your time.

- TRR Administrator Daniel

Manjoume Jun
03-07-2005, 03:28 AM
Member Encyclopedia

This is where I will list the members of The Rebirth Revolution, along with a little information on each one.

---
Name: Daniel Chapman
Chosen Pokémon: Dragonite
Preferred Areas of Work: Team Leader, Writing, Battling
Email Contacts: LegendaryBakura1@aol.com, sheerlonliness@hotmail.com
Messenger Contacts: LegendaryBakura1 (AIM)
- The Rebirth Revolution Administrator

Name: Marth
Chosen Pokémon: Alakazam
Preferred Areas of Work: Writing, Role Playing
Email Contacts: deluxe11_1999@hotmail.com
Messenger Contacts: deluxe 11 1999 (AIM)
- The Rebirth Revolution Member

Name: Syas
Chosen Pokémon: Sunflora
Preferred Areas of Work: Writing, Graphics, Battling
Email Contacts: circuitangel@gmail.com
Messenger Contacts: circuitangei (AIM & YIM)

Name: Tamer
Chosen Pokémon: Marowak
Preferred Areas of Work: Role Playing, Battling, Trivia
Email Contacts: taymoor_nassar@hotmail.com
Messenger Contacts: Tamer San 2k5 (AIM)

Name: Jac
Chosen Pokémon: Kingdra
Preferred Areas of Work: Writing, Graphics, Battling
Email Contacts: JacAberry@aol.com
Messenger Contacts: JacAberry (AIM)

Name: Vex
Chosen Pokémon: Delibird
Preferred Areas of Work: Writing, Role Playing
Email Contacts: channeldelibird@gmail.com, master_yoda_55@hotmail.com
Messenger Contacts: ChannelDelibird (AIM)

Name: Keeper_of_Light
Chosen Pokémon: Sandslash
Preferred Areas of Work: Battling
Email Contacts: steriley64@aol.com
Messenger Contacts: steriley64 (AIM)
---

Marth
03-11-2005, 02:43 AM
Name: Marth
Chosen Pokémon: Alakazam
Preferred Areas of Work: I like writing and Roleplaying.
Email Contacts: deluxe11_1999@hotmail.com
Messenger Contacts: deluxe 11 1999 (AIM)

FinalThunder
03-11-2005, 03:17 AM
name:FinalThunder
Pokemon:Lanturn (Is that Okay)
E-mail:check my YIM screen name
AIM:FinalThunder27
Areas:Not sure

Am i in?

Manjoume Jun
03-11-2005, 03:21 AM
I'm sorry, but there are multiple reasons as to why I cannot allow you to join, it's nothing personal, but those reasons follow as such:

1. I'd like you to be able to participate in some way, and you did not list any areas in which you would participate as a member of this team
2. I've received reports of your misconduct on this forum in the past, and have also been advised by person/s un-named to keep an eye out for you

Therefore I must refuse your application to join this team, I apologise.

Also, a note to anyone else who wishes to join, please don't think that this will happen often, in fact, I'd like this instance to be the only one of its kind.

Thank you.

---

Please note that I have edited this post, and revoked reason 3, but 1 and 2 still hold I'm afraid, so you are still refused.

Marth
03-11-2005, 03:33 AM
Dan, we must promote this Group. Up to making an "ad" for Private Messaging target members?
Marth.

Syas
03-13-2005, 03:59 PM
Name: Syas
Chosen Pokémon: Sunflora
Preferred Areas of Work: Writing, Minor Graphics, Battling
Email Contacts: circuitangel@gmail.com
Messenger Contacts: circuitangei (AIM/YIM)

Manjoume Jun
03-14-2005, 09:22 AM
Hey, hey, hey... we're starting to kick off now, slowly, yet surely.

Any team-related activites and such will probably start up once more members appear.

I'd say about 10 or so at the least, and then we can get going, but at least interests are starting to surface.

Yups, you're in Syas, welcome aboard!

But can I be rest assured that, in the time to come when I invoke the Moderators who have chosen Underdog Pokémon, you will be up for it?

I don't want a huge amount of people going for this from the outset.

I may offer some form of test, some way to prove to me that anyone wishing to become a Moderator will be up to it.

Anyways, because that doesn't really apply right now, there're no worries, have a great time, ^_^

Tamer San
03-15-2005, 02:03 PM
Name: Tamer
Chosen Pokémon: Marowak
Preferred Areas of Work: URPG, Role Playing, Trivia & Games
Email Contacts: taymoor_nassar@hotmail.com
Messenger Contacts: AIM- Tamer San 2k5

Marth
03-15-2005, 09:08 PM
Tamer the tamer has joined our team. Interesting.
We still need something to do though.
Marth.

Hydros
03-15-2005, 11:33 PM
Name: Jac
Chosen Pokemon: Kingdra
Perferred Areas of Work: URPG, Graphics, Writing
Email Contact: JacAberry@aol.com
Messenger-AOL-JacAberry

Manjoume Jun
03-16-2005, 02:44 AM
Righty then, I've noticed that a couple of people are showing interest in being a Moderator, so I've decided for sure that the best way to do things is as follows:

Now, I don't want this to sound biased, but I'm going to base things on how well I know you, and that doesn't mean we have to have chatted over AIM or whatever, I merely just want to be sure that you'd be reliable as a Moderator.

Now Tamer gets things hand down, if he's up to being a Moderator, no questions asked at all.

As for Syas, don't think that you've got a low chance of becoming a Moderator or anything, I don't want you to feel that way, I merely just want to be absolutely 100% sure that you're aware of the fact that you wish to be one.

Anyways, things are really kicking off now, just a few more members and I'll let loose one or two ideas I've got planned, ^_^

Channel Delibird
03-16-2005, 07:15 AM
Sure, I'll try this out. Even though there's no Delibird...

Name: Vex
Chosen Pokémon: Jumpluff
Preferred Areas of Work: writing, roleplaying
Email Contacts: channeldelibird@gmail.com
Messenger Contacts: AIM - ChannelDelibird MSN - master_yoda_55@hotmail.com

Tamer San
03-16-2005, 02:23 PM
Yay...I've got things hand down ^^ awsome...errr...but what does that mean? =\

XD ---> Dan
._. ---> Other people

Anyway, for being a Moderator I will be glade to help you out in here Dan :)

Manjoume Jun
03-17-2005, 08:33 AM
Heh, thanks Tamer, ^_^

And Vex, you can choose Delibird, the list in my first post is just for those who wish to become a Moderator of this team.

You can freely choose anything else that isn't on that list, ^_^

Anyways, you can join, but are you sure you wanna' choose Jumpluff?

Keeper_of_Light
03-17-2005, 03:46 PM
Name: Keeper_of_Light
Chosen Pokémon: Sandslash
Preferred Areas of Work: Battling, not sure what else yet.
Email Contacts: steriley64@aol.com
Messenger Contacts: steriley64 (AIM)

King Zark
03-19-2005, 09:10 AM
Name:LT05(Malcolm)
Chosen Pokémon: Baby Lugia
Preferred Areas of Work: Battling, writing, maybe drawing
Email Contacts: AIM:Lugiatamer2k5

Can I join?

Manjoume Jun
03-19-2005, 02:08 PM
@ KoL: You're in, have a great time!

Remember, to anyone not picking an Underdog Pokémon, it doesn't mean that you cannot become a Moderator, it just means that you won't instantly become one.

I'll be offering rank-upgrade tests at regular intervals throughout the coming months.

Anyways, I'm mainly posting this to inform you that I've updated the member list with any new arrivals, and I'll be getting round to sorting out the first order of business with this team very soon, as the numbers are starting to climb to decent enough levels.

Thanks for your support peeps!