PDA

View Full Version : Battling Trivia!

IceKing
03-07-2005, 03:34 AM
Heres some trivia about battling. In most of these ill give you a situation and then you'll have to come up with an anwser. Ill give a question a value from 1-5. As you guys anwser questions, ill post how many points you have on this post

The first question is worth 5 points. (Note I made this scenario up)

I was battling someone with my Exploud. I had my exploud use an ice beam against their pokemon and I was surprised when I saw how little damage it did. My opponent said the pokemon was 8x resitant to ice attacks. I thought how could it be? Turns out he's tellign the truth. There are two pokemon that are 8x resitant to ice attacks, name one of them.

The second question is worth 2 points.

My scyther was ready to kill! He had used 2 swords dance, 2 agilities, and his silver wind attack increased all of his stats further! Now all I needed to do was baton pass to another pokemon and my opponent was toast. I was shocked when my opponents Golem was able to attack first and used rock blast which instantly slayed my Scyther. How on earth was Golem able to go first?

The third question is worth 1 point.
According to it's stats, is Blaziken better off using special moves or physical moves?

Ishak-5

DaRkUmBrEoN
03-07-2005, 05:34 AM
First question: No idea.

Second question: He had Quick Claw as a hold item.

Third question: erm... physical :oops:

FinalThunder
03-08-2005, 01:54 AM
question 1) Moltres and Entei? Both fire types which don't effect them that much.

IceKing
03-08-2005, 10:14 PM
The first guy got the last two correct!

None of you got number one yet. Moltres and Entei are only 2x resitant to fire. Heres a tip a pokemon 8x resitant to an attack is resitant to it with both of their types and something else...

Here are two other questions

Name 10 not used pokemon (3 points) No partial correct, you gotta get them all.

Who is the fastest pokemon able to use the sub/reversal combo (4 points)?

Incredible Vortex
03-09-2005, 12:17 AM
question1:walrein because it has 4 times resistence to ice and its thick fat
ability makes it more resistant.

FinalThunder
03-09-2005, 10:44 AM

What do you mean by this question?

For Number 1: Dewgong Jynx Lapras couldn't it also be these pokemon?

Incredible Vortex
03-09-2005, 11:58 AM

What do you mean by this question?

For Number 1: Dewgong Jynx Lapras couldn't it also be these pokemon?
It could only be dewgong from the pokemon that you said

paperfairy
03-09-2005, 06:24 PM
Persian,Dewgong,Hitmonchan,Mawile,Unown,Tropius,Wo bbuffet,Girafarig,Gligar,Luvdisc

Physical

-PF

Thoughts: ...

IceKing
03-09-2005, 09:47 PM
Ishak got the 8x pokemon resitant question right. Walrein and Dewgong are both 8x resitant to ice attacks because being water and ice types they are 4x resitant to ice attacks, btu with thick fat they are 8x resitant.

Paperfairy a couple of those pokemon you said were UU and not NU (gligar,persian,ect) But then again i think that question might cause some contreversy since people have different views. Ill give you one point for that question. NUmber 2 is flat out wrong im looking for a pokemon

paperfairy
03-09-2005, 10:10 PM
Oops. Wrong question.

I believe the answer is Scyther.

-PF

Thoughts: ^^

FinalThunder
03-09-2005, 10:30 PM
This game is getting pretty confusing.

IceKing
03-10-2005, 01:10 AM
Alright all the questions have been anwsered so far.

Im going to forget about that not used pokemon question. Paper person you get the point for scyther being the faster sub reversaler.

Current points

DarkUmbreon-3
Ishak-5
Paperfairy-4

And the next three questions are as followed

1.Name three moves that are used as a combo with focus punch. (3 points)

2.What pokemon is weak against the most type? (4 points)

3.Name one TM that can be thought to all pokemon. (2 points)

DaRkUmBrEoN
03-10-2005, 01:51 PM
2- hoppip :ermm:

3- headbutt :ermm:

FinalThunder
03-10-2005, 09:14 PM
3)Return

1) Depends on pokemon. Use something that might make it paralized or fall alseep then an attack to raise attack then use foucs punch and knock it out!

Tamer San
03-11-2005, 08:32 AM
Alright all the questions have been anwsered so far.

Im going to forget about that not used pokemon question. Paper person you get the point for scyther being the faster sub reversaler.

Current points

DarkUmbreon-3
Ishak-5
Paperfairy-4

And the next three questions are as followed

1.Name three moves that are used as a combo with focus punch. (3 points)

2.What pokemon is weak against the most type? (4 points)

3.Name one TM that can be thought to all pokemon. (2 points)

1. Substutute, Sleeping Moves (Lovely Kiss, Sleep Powder, Spore), Attract or Thunderwave.
2. I am not sure...I didn't understand the question here.
3. Hmmmm...Return =P

Neptune's Disciple
03-11-2005, 11:03 AM
Q1. Attract/Thunderwave, Substitute, Spore

Q2. Hoppip, Skiploom, Jumpluff, Tropius

Q3. None can, Magikarp, Caterpie, Metapod, Weedle, Cacuna, Wurmple, Silcoon and Cascoon can't learn TM's. I think thats all of em.

IceKing
03-11-2005, 07:19 PM
DarkUmbreon-3
Ishak-5
Paperfairy-4
Tamer San-3
Neptunes Disciple-2

Tamer Sam got #1 right
Neptunes discliple got #3 right

#2 remains. It specifically means what pokemon has the most types that are super effective against it. Whether 2x or 4x doesnt matter. Grass/flying types have 6 types that are super effective against it, the one I have in mind has a little bit more types effect against it.

Here are two new questions

1. If a pokemon has two certain moves, it will be able to score normal damage or super effective damage on ALL pokemon. What two moves are these (3 points)

2.What move can be USED by all pokemon? (2 points)

Neptune's Disciple
03-12-2005, 06:27 AM
1. Sableye has no weaknesses, hence, question is wrong/a trick question.

2. Struggle

FinalThunder
03-12-2005, 02:56 PM
#2 Fire, Flying, electric, rock, ice, fighting doen't it also depend on what pokemon you are versing also?

Marth
03-12-2005, 04:25 PM
1. If a pokemon has two certain moves, it will be able to score normal damage or super effective damage on ALL pokemon. What two moves are these (3 points)
Outrage & Flamethrower.
Outrage is normal damage on every pokemon except steel-typed pokémon.
Flamethrower is SE on Steel types, automatically giving you normal damage.

2.What move can be USED by all pokemon? (2 points)
Struggle! (A move that is used when all other moves are disabled)

Marth.

IceKing
03-12-2005, 07:38 PM
DarkUmbreon-3
Ishak-5
Paperfairy-4
Tamer San-3
Neptunes Disciple-4
Marth-3

[QUOTE=Marth]1. If a pokemon has two certain moves, it will be able to score normal damage or super effective damage on ALL pokemon. What two moves are these (3 points)

Neptunes Disciple, you seemed to forget the bolded words. Marth gets that question right. I actually was looking for dragon claw and flamethrower, but outrage is a dragon move too so his anwser works.

Neptunes disciple got the struggle one right too.

Here are two new questions while the what pokemon is weak against the most types is still up for grabs and its value is up to 5 points

What type can score a super effective hit against the most pokemon? (1 point)

In the first generation, what pokemon had no weaknesses (there are two choices)? (3 points)

FinalThunder
03-12-2005, 07:52 PM
1)I'm thinking it's hyperbeam or slash.

2)mew

Neptune's Disciple
03-12-2005, 10:22 PM
Hyperbeam and Slash are normal type moves, hence, they don't deal any SE damage, and yeh I missed the normal damage bit... :redface:

1. Fighting and ground types have the most strengths (5 each)

2. I have no idea...

Marth
03-13-2005, 01:56 AM
What type can score a super effective hit against the most pokemon? (1 point)
Fighting and Ground, 2 posible answer.

In the first generation, what pokemon had no weaknesses (there are two choices)? (3 points)[/QUOTE]
This one is quite tricky. I would have to say the psychic types. Why?
In the original series, there was only one ghost pokemon: The gastly evolutions. They were poison-typed, so a psychic would be enough for them.

IceKing
03-13-2005, 02:06 AM
I made a huge mistake, in RBY, there IS no pokemon with no weaknesses. I was thinking Dragonair and Dratini, but I forgot there ice type weakness. Neptunes Disciple got the type question right.

To replace the no weaknesses one I will ask

Which pokemon has the lowest base special defense? There are five possibel anwsers (4 poitns)

Neptune's Disciple
03-13-2005, 08:43 AM
Carvanha, Igglybuff, Weedle, Caterpie and Magikarp all has a base Sp D of 20

IceKing
03-13-2005, 08:42 PM
DarkUmbreon-3
Ishak-5
Paperfairy-4
Tamer San-3
Neptunes Disciple-9
Marth-3

If no one gets the which pokemon is weak against the most types by tomorow, Ill give a hint and decrease the point value to 4.

What move's power is directly linked to the size/weight of the opponent pokemon? (2 points)

What pokemon has the longest height in the game (3 points)?

FinalThunder
03-13-2005, 09:34 PM
The pokemon weak agaist most tpyes can be wingull and Pelipper or a ghost pokemon.

What move's power is directly linked to the size/weight of the opponent pokemon? (2 points) Low kick?

What pokemon has the longest height in the game (3 points)? Wailord

Neptune's Disciple
03-14-2005, 08:14 AM
Final Thunder got em right....before I even had a chance to answer :susp: :sad:

IceKing
03-14-2005, 10:23 PM
DarkUmbreon-3
Ishak-5
Paperfairy-4
Tamer San-3
Neptunes Disciple-9
Marth-3
FinalThunder-5

After many attempts, you finally got on the scoreboard FinalThunder! And about your guess on the weak to most types are you just guessign? Pelliper and Wingull are weak to TWO types (rock,electric) and ghosts are onyl weak to TWO as well (ghost,dark). The pokemon Im looking for is weak against SEVEN types. Remeber 2x,4x doesnt matter

Who is the most commonly used pokemon on netbattle (2 points)

Which move has the least base power? (2 points)

paperfairy
03-14-2005, 10:44 PM
Who is the most commonly used pokemon on netbattle (2 points)

SkarmBliss, Calmkou/Cune

I hear T-Tar as well, because the metagame is slowly getting more agressive.

Which move has the least base power? (2 points)

A lot of moves. Leer has NO base power. =P

-PF

Thoughts: *_*

EDIT: Poison-Flying has SEVEN weaknesses I believe.

Incredible Vortex
03-15-2005, 01:38 AM
1:exeggcute and exeggcutor
2:no idea
3:splash

IceKing
03-15-2005, 02:01 AM
DarkUmbreon-3
Ishak-10
Paperfairy-6
Tamer San-3
Neptunes Disciple-9
Marth-3
FinalThunder-5

Ishak seems to be good at getting the hard ones... THE ANWSER IS GRASS/PSYCHIC or celebi,exceggute,excegutor (sp?)

Their weaknesses include flying,ice,fire,dark,ghost,poision,and bug

Paperfairy technically the most used pokemon is BLissey but since you said skarmbliss I suppose Ill count that.

I should have specified the least base damage more. What move that DOES damage does the least base damage?

What move were many psychic types able to learn in FR/LG (3 points)

Name a situation where hidden power ice would act like a physical move (4 points)

paperfairy
03-15-2005, 03:22 AM
What move were many psychic types able to learn in FR/LG (3 points)

Psychic? Sub?

Name a situation where hidden power ice would act like a physical move (4 points)

Never.

-PF

Thoughts: :cool:

Incredible Vortex
03-15-2005, 11:40 AM
1:constrict,hail,sandstorm,ect.
2:confusion and psychic
3:I dont use hidden power

King Zark
03-17-2005, 11:52 AM
Ice attack considered physical ? There is no sitituation like that!

IceKing
03-17-2005, 07:03 PM
DarkUmbreon-3
Ishak-12
Paperfairy-6
Tamer San-3
Neptunes Disciple-9
Marth-3
FinalThunder-5

Ishak got the least base power question right. The anwser I was looking for was CONSTRICT.

There is a situation where hidden power ice or any other hidden power special would act like a physical move, I recently did a test to prove it. Im brining the point value to 5

As for the other question. Many psychic and psychic like pokemon were able to learn another move that they werent able to learn in Ru/Sa.

Heres a new question for yall

1.Which pokemon has the highest base special attack (1 point)?

King Zark
03-17-2005, 11:32 PM
Deoxys

Also for that ice type question Is it when you are versing a certain pokemon?

Marth
03-18-2005, 01:18 AM
Mewtwo, if we don't consider Deoxys transformations.
Marth.

King Zark
03-18-2005, 11:53 AM
We have to count Deoxys transformations because Those transformations are also pokemon. So really they are legible.

IceKing
03-19-2005, 10:15 PM
I need the version of the deoxys.

And for the Hidden Power Special acting like a physical move ill give you guys a hint. It will act like a physical move if PokemonA uses hidden power special and PokemonB uses a certain move. Which move am I talking about? (Im dropping the point value back to 4)

Incredible Vortex
03-20-2005, 02:57 AM
1:attack form Deoxys
2:still thinking about it

King Zark
03-20-2005, 10:38 AM
2) is when you use hidden power on a ghost pokemon that already been foresighted?

IceKing
03-21-2005, 11:19 PM
DarkUmbreon-3
Ishak-13
Paperfairy-6
Tamer San-3
Neptunes Disciple-9
Marth-3
FinalThunder-5

Ishak is correct about the deoxys

LugiaTamer, that was a good guess but im afraid thats not the anwser. Ill give you a hint for the psychic and psychic like pokemon that learn a special move HINT: 2 normal pokemon and 2 psychic pokemon are able to learn this in FR/LG

Heres a new question

In R/B/Y what was a type that poison attacks were super effective against, but no longer are? (2 points)

DaRkUmBrEoN
03-22-2005, 07:21 PM
1. ghost-type?

King Zark
03-23-2005, 12:07 AM
1) When I pokemon uses a move to help themselves?

2)Fighting

IceKing
03-23-2005, 12:30 AM
I really dont think anyone is going to get the hidden power special acting like a physical move question right so Ill just give the anwser. If a pokemon uses a hidden power special and the next pokemon uses COUNTER, the hidden power special will be reflected and its user will recieve damage. Normally, only physical moves are reflected from counter, but because of some game glitch, hidden power special will be reflected by counter, but not by mirror caot

About the psychic pokemon move ill give a pokemon that learns this move im refering to: Kirlia. The point value is only 3 now.

No one got the poision question right

Heres a new question

What the moves in the moveset Boah (2 point)?

Loyal Arcanine
03-23-2005, 03:28 PM
Boah
- Focus Punch
- Substitute
- Thunderbolt
- Crunch

Max EV's in HP is important, so your sub won't be broken by a Seismic Toss. Further, most EV's in Special Attack and a few in speed.