PDA

View Full Version : Anyone in the same situation?

SunshineWingull
09-25-2007, 11:04 PM
I am SICK AND TIRED of my video games. After my mom cleaned around my dresser, ALL my good games have gone missing. All but Pearl, Ruby, and Fire Emblem 7.

Pearl: Last thing I want to play.
Ruby: Same as Pearl, nothing to do.
Fire Emblem: Stuck.
GameCube games: Getting boring, EVERY SINGLE ONE.

Insanely bored. Thinking of buying a new DS game, any suggestions?

theEND
09-25-2007, 11:11 PM
Try Rune Factory: A Fantasy Harvest Moon. It's guaranteed to have a lot of interesting things to do. =O

Tamer Marco
09-25-2007, 11:12 PM
Probably anything Castlevania. Or you could get New Super Mario bros., but it gets boring.

George Jefferson
09-26-2007, 03:02 PM
Probably anything Castlevania. Or you could get New Super Mario bros., but it gets boring.

I agree with the Castlevania part.

DIE MONSTER YOU DON'T BELONG IN THIS WORLD ):

jabpoké
09-26-2007, 03:04 PM
Super Mario 64 DS, Sonic Rush Adventure, New Super Mario Bros., and many other games are feel great to play (I don't just mean the listed games).

Mewchirio
09-26-2007, 03:17 PM
I believe that Mario Kart a pretty awesome ame to play. You can just keep coming back to it!

Mewchirio

Hyper Blaze
09-26-2007, 03:23 PM
Maybe get Diamond, Super Mario Bros., or Mario Cart DS.

Pikablu Pie
09-27-2007, 12:27 AM
How much money do you want so spend at the most, and what kind of games are your favorites? (IE Racing, Adventure, etc.)

I suggest Animal Crossing Wild World. It's great fun. ;D

TayyabX
09-27-2007, 12:29 AM
Same here, Animal Crossing, Mario Kart DS, or New Super Mario Bros...

SunshineWingull
10-08-2007, 09:53 PM
Maybe get Diamond, Super Mario Bros., or Mario Cart DS.

Diamond: I am pretty partial about ever getting another Pokemon game other than PMD 2; and since I now despise the anime after it got the same every episode, I may leave Pokemon soon.

Mario Kart: Too good at it; beat Double Dash!! a few days ago, very little play time. Thing is, the All Cup Tours take about half an hour to do. :crackup:

Mario Bros.: Let's say I've decided on The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass. Thing is, I suck at Zeldas, somehow kinda good at Children of Mana... Mana is same as Zelda only easier, I think. Also, yesterday, my mom said the car runs REALLY bad in hot weather. Today... Sick, my mom, not me.

Any more suggestions? Here are the DS games I have so you can decide on what stuff I like:

Pokemon Pearl Version
Nintendogs: Dalmatian and Friends
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Blue Rescue Team
Animal Crossing: Wild World
Hamsterz Life
Children of Mana

Elitefrenzy
10-09-2007, 02:22 AM
I must confess, I wasn't a big fan of Zelda either, but once I played Phantom Hourglass it was like,woah. I would say maybe Elite Beat Agents, if you're into music games.

Furyflame
10-09-2007, 02:54 AM
Elite Beat Agents FTW! It's a great game, I love it.

ronjocox
10-09-2007, 03:04 AM
Buy ronjocox, he was the best game ever.

But seriously, I think that you should get Cooking Mama.

Havn't played it, but the title is funny! xD

Neo Emolga
10-09-2007, 03:42 AM
Diamond: I am pretty partial about ever getting another Pokemon game other than PMD 2; and since I now despise the anime after it got the same every episode, I may leave Pokemon soon.

You're not alone, I got Diamond and I got sick of the same old thing, never got any further than the third badge from the severe boredom. If the fifth generation came out tomorrow, I seriously wouldn't care. I've grown to hate the fledging trainer games and all of their cliche and rehashed situations. I played Diamond and was like "Wow, this feels like Ruby, the same game I got bored of years ago!"

PMD 2 is the only Pokemon game I'm looking forward to now. As for your situation, I haven't played all that many DS games, but I still get a nice kick out of Advance Wars Dual Strike, if you're into that war strategy kind of thing.

Rawlinson
10-09-2007, 04:39 AM
play digimon world dawn/ dusk. story line is much better than pokemon, pretty fast lol.

Elitefrenzy
10-09-2007, 04:43 AM
WarioWare! That was awesome.

Poltergeist
10-09-2007, 09:55 PM
Import Jump Ultimate Stars off of Amazon and use the gamefaqs translation guide. In my opinion it is the best DS game to date.

SunshineWingull
10-12-2007, 10:09 PM
Import Jump Ultimate Stars off of Amazon and use the gamefaqs translation guide. In my opinion it is the best DS game to date.

I'm net allowed to use eBay, Amazon... Well, you get the idea. Plus, I would wait because now, I am like, ADDICTED to Phantom Hourglass. I am going to the Isle of Gust but my screen is broken, so defeating a Flying Fish is like beating Boring or Ballet or whatever dude at the end's name is. :crackup: So, I went and asked Game Crazy to calibrate my screen and they just said "We don't do services." (Looks to see that she has 4 more buffings let on her Game Crazy Disk Buffing Card) So, despite my sucking of ability to calibrate my Touch Screen, I am doing it alone. Last time I did, it took an hour to do...! SO, is calibration time-based, or a certain number of touches? Please tell my how long or many, too.

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/characters/images/lucas/lucas_071001d.jpg

Look, Brother Kirby. I have discovered something. I call it...THE SKY. (DUN DUN DUN)

Hoshika
10-12-2007, 10:23 PM
I'm net allowed to use eBay, Amazon... Well, you get the idea. Plus, I would wait because now, I am like, ADDICTED to Phantom Hourglass. I am going to the Isle of Gust but my screen is broken, so defeating a Flying Fish is like beating Boring or Ballet or whatever dude at the end's name is. :crackup: So, I went and asked Game Crazy to calibrate my screen and they just said "We don't do services." (Looks to see that she has 4 more buffings let on her Game Crazy Disk Buffing Card) So, despite my sucking of ability to calibrate my Touch Screen, I am doing it alone. Last time I did, it took an hour to do...! SO, is calibration time-based, or a certain number of touches? Please tell my how long or many, too.

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/characters/images/lucas/lucas_071001d.jpg

Look, Brother Kirby. I have discovered something. I call it...THE SKY. (DUN DUN DUN)

The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass, you say? Don't worry if you get addicted. That's normal. XDD

Just tap the little squares. Nothing to it. :|

LAWL FINGER POINT

SunshineWingull
10-12-2007, 10:32 PM
The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass, you say? Don't worry if you get addicted. That's normal. XDD

Just tap the little squares. Nothing to it. :|

LAWL FINGER POINT

Um, LAST TIME, IT TOOK ME ABOUT AN HOUR TO TOUCH SQUARES. I was watching cartoons at the same time, so I want a measurement.

Hoshika
10-13-2007, 01:16 AM
Um, LAST TIME, IT TOOL ME ABOUT AN HOUR TO TOUCH SQUARES. I was watching cartoons at the same time, so I want a measurement.

It doesn't matter how you calibrate the DS to play PH. The enemies and everything aren't a pixel big. Don't worry so much.

Next time, don't watch cartoons at the same time, since it kind of distracts you. Or is it some kind of weird thing that you can't them correctly? Not to offend you, I just want to figure out what's wrong. Please say exactly what it is.

SunshineWingull
10-13-2007, 12:59 PM
It doesn't matter how you calibrate the DS to play PH. The enemies and everything aren't a pixel big. Don't worry so much.

Next time, don't watch cartoons at the same time, since it kind of distracts you. Or is it some kind of weird thing that you can't them correctly? Not to offend you, I just want to figure out what's wrong. Please say exactly what it is.

I called Nintendo Customer Service yesterday, and got off...in tears.

The first time the rep hung up on me. My mom said it was because I said "darn"...but I don't think so. I'm not 2!

The second time my call got redirected immediately. I told him my problem, and told him when I did it the first time, it took an hour. Even though I can't see through the phone, I could see his surprised expression in my mind. "It should only take three touches," my representative said. "Okay, the first option...er...test I'm going to give you is to go to Pictochat. Oh, and draw a smiley face. Or just a couple of lines." "Yeah, I'm there..." I knew what the result would be. "...It's about, uh, an inch from where I'm drawing." "M'kay... To which direction?" "Left," I said. I responded quickly. "Also, SOMETIMES, depends where I'm pointin', almost an inch to the right!" "Okay, so wherever you touch, it's like an inch off from your stylus?!" "Yeah, pretty much... But if I do sort of middle-right, it's normal. That's the only working spot on the screen! That's why I called... I have Zelda: Phantom Hourglass. Oh... I hate that. Seriously, I keep dying because of...Flying Fish! I can't hit them with my cannon." "God, Flying Fish?! Those take one hit and they're-" "I can't." "Yeah, my DS is ALSO seriously messed up... Dunno why, though." He did the calibration test, and the toothbrush thing (which I already tried), and told me this: "I guess there's nothing we can do. Your warranty went out 3 weeks ago." My mouth dropped. "But...there is one thing I think you may be interested in..." I listened closely. "It's called the DS Lite Replacement Program. You get a free charger, stylus, and a DS color of your choice. Only $94.50!" Here, I smiled. "Red," my mind spoke, "Get red." He named white, pink, black, and I interrupted. "NO RED?!" "Unfortunately, no red... No crimson, either." Good feeling's gone. "Oh, okay, fine...! I'll take black..." "...Now, for the current DS, you'll need to properly dispose of-" "DISPOSE OF?! I CAN'T WATCH IT GO!" "It's just the titanium battery can't just be...thrown away like 'dat." My mom started talking SO fast, and wouldn't shut up, so I said, "My mom's talking... Can you say that again?" "...Can I talk to her?" So, my mom gave the ordering stuff. He said that the DS didn't have to be thrown away, even if it was useless. After my mom told me all that stuff, I told her it was now her...deformed SP that can't play Color or original games. Now, awaiting my Onyx Lite (although I would've preferred my Electric Blue got fixed), I am in severe boredom. And... I'll miss Stella. All I told my mom to do was to let me play it once and a while.

Yggdrasill
10-13-2007, 01:12 PM
The DS is horrible once its touch-screen messes up, mine eventually just stopped working all of a sudden. I haven't bothered to fix it either.

Can PH be played without use of the Touch-Screen? Or is it used quite often?

SunshineWingull
10-13-2007, 01:23 PM
The DS is horrible once its touch-screen messes up, mine eventually just stopped working all of a sudden. I haven't bothered to fix it either.

Can PH be played without use of the Touch-Screen? Or is it used quite often?

24/7. I'm sorry. REALLY sorry... If it doesn't go to touch 4 squares after 3, do what I did and get that DS Lite thing.