PDA

View Full Version : My conscience tells me no...

GlockzUp
09-27-2007, 03:10 PM
Hey. A few hours ago, I came home from school, angry because I had been bullied by some classmates. It has been on a while now. So I was, as told, angry. So when I entered my house, Iíve smacked the door so hard, that the glass broke. We got a big glass on the top of the door, and bottom on the door. It was the bottom glass who broke. And I know if I tell my mom I did it, she would yell, ground me for months, and not give me allowance. So that wonít work out.

But Iíve got a little brother on eight whoís in a wheelchair, so I donít know if I could tell my mom that he raced around the house and into the door. I know she will believe me, if he denies, because Iím the oldest one. But my conscience tells me thatís morally wrong and stuff. But again, my conscience isnít a person. So I would ask you people what I should do. Ií m really nervous and stuff.

Thanks. :ermm:

DaRkUmBrEoN
09-27-2007, 03:32 PM
Gonna go with the moral high grounds here.
I would be all for blaming your little bro if he wasn't stuck in a wheel chair.
Pretty lame to blame the physically disabled.

As for bullying, either spill your guts about it or face up to it. Either way has its down sides.

-]DU[-

Sapphire Dragon
09-27-2007, 05:01 PM
I think you should just tell the truth.... even if you get yelled at, just give your mom time to vent off and talk about it with her later, when she's a little cooled down about it. You have to explain everything to her though, about how you had been bullied and everything, and how that made you mad, and since you were angry you broke the window by accident, and apologize. She should listen.

And above all, do NOT blame your little brother. Imagine what would happen if your mom found out you lied to her? Or even if she didn't find out, how do you think your brother would feel? Certainly not good. Put yourself in his shoes.

DragoniteMistress
09-27-2007, 05:24 PM
How could you even think of blaming your phsyically disabled brother? That's just wrong on so many levels. If you do, then you're going to feel horrid, and your conscience would/should nag you, if you don't, you'd probably feel a little pissed about it, but at least you'd be able to sleep at night, you know.

As for the school bullies, talk to your teacher or someone of authority at school to do what you can to get that sorted out.

DratiniLover
09-27-2007, 07:20 PM
Hey. A few hours ago, I came home from school, angry because I had been bullied by some classmates. It has been on a while now. So I was, as told, angry. So when I entered my house, Iíve smacked the door so hard, that the glass broke. We got a big glass on the top of the door, and bottom on the door. It was the bottom glass who broke. And I know if I tell my mom I did it, she would yell, ground me for months, and not give me allowance. So that wonít work out.

But Iíve got a little brother on eight whoís in a wheelchair, so I donít know if I could tell my mom that he raced around the house and into the door. I know she will believe me, if he denies, because Iím the oldest one. But my conscience tells me thatís morally wrong and stuff. But again, my conscience isnít a person. So I would ask you people what I should do. Ií m really nervous and stuff.

Don't. It is wrong to blame someone else for what you have done. Even if you get told off you've learnt a lesson, and it will eventually be over and one with.

Pooka
09-27-2007, 07:51 PM
There's something about blaming handicapped people that just seems completely morally wrong, If I was in that situation and I didn't want my mum to know the whole story I'd probably just say there was a really strong gust of wind which blew it shut and caused the glass to shatter.

Yggdrasill
09-27-2007, 07:52 PM
Don't blame your brother. Just tell your Mum that it was an accident.

Shadow Eevee
09-27-2007, 07:55 PM

What's wrong with you? Blaming your physically disabled brother on something which is your fault is wrong on every level you could think of. Also, why take your anger out on the door?

Matt
09-28-2007, 12:12 AM
If your mom is any good as a parent she will appreciate that you are upset and seek to help you instead of punishing you. A door can be fixed or replaced, a mother's relationship with her son cannot.

Hakken
09-28-2007, 01:15 AM
There's something about blaming handicapped people that just seems completely morally wrong, If I was in that situation and I didn't want my mum to know the whole story I'd probably just say there was a really strong gust of wind which blew it shut and caused the glass to shatter.
There ya go. =P It's pretty unlikely she'd believe that, though... Your mom must trust you. A lot.

But, don't blame your brother. There's something wrong with that, since he's disabled and all...

Matt
09-28-2007, 01:29 AM
Stop saying it's wrong for him to blame his brother "because he's disabled." It's wrong for him to blame his brother because HIS BROTHER DID NOT DO IT. It doesn't matter if he's in a wheel chair or not.

pokemaster1111
09-28-2007, 01:44 AM
I think you should just tell her the cold hard truth. Even if she yells at you its not like its the end of the world or something. Trust me, you'd get in a heap of trouble if she found out that you lied to her. You might as well just go ahead and tell her right now......What I don't get is how did she not find out that half the glass on the door is missing lol.

Elemental Brotherhood
09-28-2007, 01:47 AM
I totally agree with Matt and pokemaster1111. You shouldn't blame your brother just because you don't want to get in trouble. Tell your mum what actually happened. And DON'T lie. If you get grounded, more time to talk on PE2K. LOL, na, explain, and she'll understand.

RonRaygunX3
09-28-2007, 02:33 AM
Hey. A few hours ago, I came home from school, angry because I had been bullied by some classmates. It has been on a while now. So I was, as told, angry. So when I entered my house, I’ve smacked the door so hard, that the glass broke. We got a big glass on the top of the door, and bottom on the door. It was the bottom glass who broke. And I know if I tell my mom I did it, she would yell, ground me for months, and not give me allowance. So that won’t work out.

But I’ve got a little brother on eight who’s in a wheelchair, so I don’t know if I could tell my mom that he raced around the house and into the door. I know she will believe me, if he denies, because I’m the oldest one. But my conscience tells me that’s morally wrong and stuff. But again, my conscience isn’t a person. So I would ask you people what I should do. I’ m really nervous and stuff.

Maybe say there was a puddle of spilled water at the front door, and say that you slipped and like hit the window with your hand and broke it lol?

But don't balme it on your handicapped brother. That is just so wrong man.

InvertrevnI
09-28-2007, 02:38 AM
Your speakers hit the resonant frequency of the glass?

When in doubt, lie yer' ass off. :P

Hazmat
09-28-2007, 09:03 AM
Stop saying it's wrong for him to blame his brother "because he's disabled." It's wrong for him to blame his brother because HIS BROTHER DID NOT DO IT. It doesn't matter if he's in a wheel chair or not.

Agreed.
It irritates me when people act differently towards handicapped people.
They're just like any other human being, and they want to be treated like any other, as well.

Back on topic.
Lying is bad. It sticks with you.
Just say it was an accident, as that would be a truth that doesn't sound as bad as "I slammed it because I was angry."
I mean, you didn't break it on purpose, so obviously it was an accident.
But after that, do tell her about the bullying - It's never good to keep those things inside, for the sake of his/her other victims, as well as yourself.

DaRkUmBrEoN
09-28-2007, 09:22 AM

There is a difference between blaming someone and getting away with it.
When I said don't blame your little disabled brother, I was referring to the latter. His mom will just tell his little brother not to race anymore and be done with it, or something like that. That's wrong.

If his little brother wasn't disabled, he would get the same repercussions given to the poster if he was man enough to admit it. In that case, his brother would argue against him, eventually leading to the poster getting in more trouble.

Hypothetically speaking, it does matter whether his brother is disabled or not.

-]DU[-

theEND
09-28-2007, 11:19 AM
What an interesting scenario you're in....

Just go and tell your mom that you accidentally broke the bottom glass pane of the door. If your mom really understood the situation, she'd yell at you less since you're taking responsibility for your own actions. She might as well see it through your perspective, as she might have been in your shoes before.

Blaming your brother isn't anymore right than getting him involved in this scenario. If he wasn't the one at fault from the start, let's keep it that way. Trust me, men shouldn't keep such trivial matters like this to heart. O_O

@ D2: A mother and son relationship can be fixed, and like a glass window pane, it may take time. The only difference is the taken time. :P

Matt
09-28-2007, 06:29 PM
There is a difference between blaming someone and getting away with it.
When I said don't blame your little disabled brother, I was referring to the latter. His mom will just tell his little brother not to race anymore and be done with it, or something like that. That's wrong.

If his little brother wasn't disabled, he would get the same repercussions given to the poster if he was man enough to admit it. In that case, his brother would argue against him, eventually leading to the poster getting in more trouble.

Hypothetically speaking, it does matter whether his brother is disabled or not.

-]DU[-
You are just assuming that! A disabled person can be punished just as harshly for his actions as someone who is not. There is a good chance he will recieve the same punishment and argue anyway.

Tamer Marco
09-28-2007, 06:34 PM

Chances are that his mother has come home by now (hopefully :x), and he made a choice. So it really isn't a disscussion.

I would tell the truth, making one lie would just cause others to come, and his brother would resent him.

DaRkUmBrEoN
09-28-2007, 08:10 PM
You are just assuming that! A disabled person can be punished just as harshly for his actions as someone who is not. There is a good chance he will recieve the same punishment and argue anyway.

Well, it's been a while since I've seen any parent ground and severely punish any child at the age of eight, so I'm pretty much assuming that he's gonna be off lighter than his brother in comparison. But yea, I never said it wasn't anything more than an assumption.

Also, it's been proved that parents generally tend to be less harsh for their disabled offspring due to feelings of guilt they may have about how their child got that way. So yea, it wasn't a wild punch in the air, but rather a calculated one.

But yea, Marco is right about his mom finding out by now. Guessing by his lack of a reply, he's gone with the grounding.

-]DU[-

Lord Celebi
09-28-2007, 08:34 PM
Honestly, just don't talk about it. If your mom notices say you have no idea what happened. That's if you don't want to get in trouble :P

Oh, and I find it ironic that the reason everyone else is saying about blaming your brother is wrong is because he's in a wheelchair. If you were actually just taking the moral highground, it would be because lying is wrong, not because the person you're blaming is in a wheelchair.

DaRkUmBrEoN
09-28-2007, 09:14 PM
Oh, and I find it ironic that the reason everyone else is saying about blaming your brother is wrong is because he's in a wheelchair. If you were actually just taking the moral highground, it would be because lying is wrong, not because the person you're blaming is in a wheelchair.

If you actually strung all my posts together, you'd see my type of a moral high ground was to either get him to tell the truth and face the consequence or lie and get an even worse treatment. The reason why I said he shouldn't because his brother is disabled, is because he would have a bigger chance of going free for what he's done.

Yes, I'm a malicious one.

-]DU[-