PDA

View Full Version : Need help filling slots for my alternate team.

Sephiroth
03-19-2004, 02:45 AM
OkaY, I'm making an alternate team, not the standards either, firstly, I have two options for a phis sweeper.

Gyarados
Dragon dance
Return
EQ (I only have one tm, and can't get more for at least two weeks)
???

Or
Zangoose
Swords dance/agility
Crush claw/slash/EQ
False swipe (I know it sucks for battling, but once it gets to 100, I'll use it to get rayquazza.)
???/crush claw/slash/EQ

Need help with final moves for these guys, now I could also substitute latios for a spec sweeper, but having a helluba time with EVs

Annoyer

Spinda
Hypnosis
Teeter dance
Dizzy punch/double edge
????
Need a final move for this guy, and whether or not to use double edge on him, or stick with dizzy.

Or

Ludicolo
Toxic
Rain dance
Leech seed
Surf

Basically, I heal, they die, he's gotta have the lefties.

Now, I need a third position, I could deal with a spec sweeper if I had to (I hate EV training, con someone tell me good pokemon to fight for each stat?) Or a tank, but preferably other than metagross, maybie golem, but I dunno, he's mainly to back up the sweeper, and weaken the enemy before the annoyer comes into play.

Thunderbird
03-19-2004, 02:59 PM
This should belongs to the Strategies & Movesets board.

boltAge
03-19-2004, 04:03 PM
Yeah, this belongs to the Strats & MS Board, cuz if you post here, it's not like you'll get any useful comments, you'll be getting comments from nub like, "BLAZCHICKEN!!!!!1111oneoneone!!! IT ROCKSSXX!!!!".

Anyways.

Gayrados: Dragon Dance, Earthquake, Hydro Pump, Return/Hidden Power Flying. There don't seem to be another MS for it in RS, cuz all it can do is DDance and sweep. Attach something like Lum Berry and EVs in Attack, split the rest between SDef and HP.

Mangoose: Swords Dance, Return, Quick Attack, Shadow Ball. It doesnt learn EQ FYI. EVs in Attack and Speed. Attach something like Shell Bell or something.

Spinda: Oh nos, the oversucked teddiursa. Something like Teeter Dance, Wish, Flail/Frustration and something else. Dunno, his stats are too lame to talk about. EVs in HP and Attack or something.

Ludicolo: The one and only use in this thing is to counter Kyogres, nothing else. I don't recommend using it as an Annoyer, Cradily would work better with Barrier/Amnesia/Return/Rest @ Leftovers.

SSweeper: Uh...Me is terrible at suggesting mons, but Alakazam would work well. Elemental Punch, Psychic, Recover, Elemental Punch @ Lum Berry seems like a good choice.

No, I'm not going to tell you which Pokemon is better to use, you figure it out yourself. Just ditch Spinda for god's sake, it's too weak to be a decent Annoyer :(

Ironshell Blastoise
03-19-2004, 05:14 PM
For teh Mongoose, put the EVs into Speed and Attack, and the leftovers into HP. Get Adamant personality. Swords Dance, Return, Quick Attack, and Shadow Ball. 1xSD+Return+Stab=OHKO on almost anything. Quick Attack will finish off almost anything under 25%. After a Swords Dance, its a definite, unless they are Ghost/Steel/Rock. Shadowpal is for teh gay Dusclops.

Sephiroth
03-19-2004, 06:53 PM
Anyways.

Gayrados: Dragon Dance, Earthquake, Hydro Pump, Return/Hidden Power Flying. There don't seem to be another MS for it in RS, cuz all it can do is DDance and sweep. Attach something like Lum Berry and EVs in Attack, split the rest between SDef and HP.Hydro pump? look at it's SP att, it isn't worth using IMHO unless it's BP'd with a sp attack boost. Also, I hate all the work just to get the perfect set of IV's so I'll just use my aerial ace TM for a stab flying

Mangoose: Swords Dance, Return, Quick Attack, Shadow Ball. It doesnt learn EQ FYI. EVs in Attack and Speed. Attach something like Shell Bell or something. I use my tm 26 (earthquake) and it says ABLE, as for EVs, I am working my very large arse off trying to get my latios EV trained, if anyone could give me some tips on what to fight to get EVs?

Spinda: Oh nos, the oversucked teddiursa. Something like Teeter Dance, Wish, Flail/Frustration and something else. Dunno, his stats are too lame to talk about. EVs in HP and Attack or something. I know, I just want to do something different than standard sheet, any suggestions?

Ludicolo: The one and only use in this thing is to counter Kyogres, nothing else. I don't recommend using it as an Annoyer, Cradily would work better with Barrier/Amnesia/Return/Rest @ Leftovers. See above, plus I've used this one before, he ab-so-lut-ley owns! I use my recovery moves, then toxic, and renew rain dance in with surf, they die, and I heal, the only way it's died yet is aeroblast and toxic, not regular poison, but after toxic got strong enough to ourdo healing

SSweeper: Uh...Me is terrible at suggesting mons, but Alakazam would work well. Elemental Punch, Psychic, Recover, Elemental Punch @ Lum Berry seems like a good choice.

No, I'm not going to tell you which Pokemon is better to use, you figure it out yourself. Just ditch Spinda for god's sake, it's too weak to be a decent Annoyer :( Okay thanks, also could you tell me where to train for EV? I hear spinda is good for SP attack, but I don't know anything else.

Ironshell Blastoise
03-19-2004, 07:02 PM
Even with really low SpAttack, Hydro Pump DOES get stab, which 1.5x the damage. Surf is crap, Hydro Pump, yes. Without it, Hi Skarm.

boltAge
03-20-2004, 02:40 AM
Mr Sephiroth, Mongoose does NOT learn Earthquake FYI.

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/v2pokedex123.html

Sephiroth
03-20-2004, 03:39 AM
Mr Sephiroth, Mongoose does NOT learn Earthquake FYI.

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/v2pokedex123.html

Well, that settles it, I gotta use him, my game is bugged, cause he has EQ, I'd post a screenshot to prove it (I've seen people do it before) but I don't know how to get a screenshot of a gameboy game.

Ironshell Blastoise
03-20-2004, 03:41 AM
Did you by any chance use any "game enhancer"? Not for the EQ, but beforehand.

Sephiroth
03-20-2004, 03:44 AM
Did you by any chance use any "game enhancer"? Not for the EQ, but beforehand.
Nope, never on my ruby or saphire, I caught zangoose, traded him to saphire and restarted ruby, making a team on saphire, I boot up tm 26 and zangoose says ABLE. No game enhancer devices like AR and gameshark.

Ironshell Blastoise
03-20-2004, 04:00 AM
Eh, I have not a damn clue whats going on. Maybe you have a bootleg, which I seriously doubt. I'd give that a .1% chance. Eh, you must be lucky >.>

boltAge
03-20-2004, 04:00 AM
Your game's bugged.

To take perfect screenshots: People use ROMs.

Sephiroth
03-20-2004, 04:14 AM
Not bootlegged, and other than the EQ thing, my game runs fine, so It's a good bug! :mrgreen:

dhee
03-21-2004, 01:49 AM
Not bootlegged, and other than the EQ thing, my game runs fine, so It's a good bug! :mrgreen:

You better recheck your sources!

Check this site:
http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-rs/335.shtml

boltAge
03-21-2004, 03:21 AM
You better recheck your sources!

Check this site:
http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-rs/335.shtml
I've already posted a link to Zangoose stats, we don't need another spam post to say that too :rolleyes: And he already stated IT WAS A FREAKING BUG. USE YOUR FREAKING EYES.