PDA

View Full Version : My Pokemon Flash Cartoon ;3

Shuko
03-09-2005, 02:15 PM
Hi there! I'm new to the board, but I'd like to share some of my artwork with you just the same. :D Have a look-see at my first ever sprite comic (not to mention first ever flash cartoon). You can either click this link (http://img175.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img175&image=pikachushadenough0ih.swf) or right click and choose "save target as..." Either way, you'll have to have the capability to view flash movies through your browser to see it. :)

I hope you like it! *crosses fingers*

*Edit*

I went ahead and posted my cartoon on Newgrounds. OMG, did it get creamed!!! If you'd like to read my "rave" reviews, check out this link (http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/223820). You can visit it at its Newgrounds home while it still has one, at least. 9_9

Nefarious
03-09-2005, 02:44 PM
Lol. That was pretty good. ^^

Are you going to make any more anytime soon?

Tamer San
03-09-2005, 03:24 PM
LOL, this was GREAT and funny too...I'll be looking forward for more Shuko!!! :wink:

sybersaur3000
03-09-2005, 04:04 PM
lol

Good one. I'd love to see more. lol

Absolkid
03-09-2005, 05:08 PM
That was funny! Hope you can make more! They're cool!

Jack of Clovers
03-09-2005, 05:58 PM
wow, i've never seen a flash cartoon like that before. good work. the choice of background music coulda been different.

ah, my spleen! hilarious stuff. Ash is so stupid. :crackup:

~Jack~

paperfairy
03-09-2005, 06:18 PM
lol

That was pretty funny. You should make more.

"My Spleen!"

-PF

Thoughts: XD

bronislav84
03-09-2005, 06:29 PM
I think I saw that Pikachu that jumps at the screen when he's big. I mean after the part where his cheeks spark and he's small.

Where did you get that one from?

Besides that question, I think it was hilarious! I like how the thing with Ash understanding Pikachu is in there. Funny :goofy:

Shuko
03-09-2005, 06:56 PM
I think I saw that Pikachu that jumps at the screen when he's big. I mean after the part where his cheeks spark and he's small.

Where did you get that one from?

Besides that question, I think it was hilarious! I like how the thing with Ash understanding Pikachu is in there. Funny :goofy:

First, in answer to your question, I used an image I got from a google image search. Lemme try to attach it here... there. I got it from the site at this *link* (http://www.angelfire.com/ok2/pokemonworld2000/pokemon.html). Have you been there before? Anyway, I used that image as a reference. It came out pretty good, I think. :)

Oh, and Ash didn't necessarily understand what Pikachu said. That was just put in there for the audience's benefit. ^_~

Pokemon Trainer Sarah
03-26-2005, 10:06 AM
Lol, that was good xD Well done!

Ken Rei
03-29-2005, 01:44 PM
You aren't supposed to revive threads older than a week, Pokemon Trainer Sarah.

Anyway, that cartoon was very enjoyable and hilarious. I like how you edited the sprites to make their expressions fit their feelings. The quotes were funny, also. Good job!

Neo Emolga
03-29-2005, 02:16 PM
Heh, yeah I saw this before on Newgrounds myself. Only thing about Newgrounds is most of the people there hate Pokemon. Still, you got a pretty good score considering how much stuff gets destroyed around there.

Don't take what people say in their reviews too much to heart. It's a pretty good movie, and not a whole lot of people know Flash. Still, I hope you continue to make movies. It's something you can get a lot better at if you keep at it.

ElimN8
03-30-2005, 02:38 AM
Delivering the jokes quicker would be my only advice. Other than that, good job. And NP's right, NG reviews can be harsh, especially when dealing with Pokémon, but from what I read of them, you faired pretty well.

How you manage to respond to every one though is beyond me. :tongue:

Kenny_C.002
03-30-2005, 02:53 AM
Shuko, don't worry about those a newgrounds. There are 2 things that they would love to blame under all circumstances: hentai and pokemon. Quite frankly if it's not anti-pokemon, they would swarm after it. The lesson? Sometimes people are jerks and don't know the true value of things. You can, however, hold onto your values and go forth, without worrying about those anti-pokemon losers.

Matthew
03-30-2005, 04:07 AM
I can't get enough of saying this... lol.

Don't listen to what others say, if it makes you happy? then what the hell are you asking what we think? In the end, all that matters is if you enjoy what you are doing. I loved what you did... lol. I found it funny, and I chuckled a few times. I can't wait to see if you got more. Don't feel pressured.... just go at your own pace and only do it if it makes you happy... that way, we will get quality, and that's all that counts in the end.

9/10!

IcyWind
03-31-2005, 12:53 AM
That was amazing! :crackup:
You should really continue if that's what you desire!
10/10!!!!!
HILARIOUS!!!!

.AzureLight
03-31-2005, 11:13 PM
That just pwned! That was so funny.

:eek: - PIKACHUUUUUUUUUU!

Pierre25
04-02-2005, 12:51 AM
I really liked it!

Shuko
04-04-2005, 06:31 PM
Thanks for all your compliments and tips, everyone! :) I'm glad everyone seemed to enjoy it. I've decided to remake it, though, and this time, I'm doing it without sprites, and with more animation. Here's some of what you can expect in my revised version:

*Actual animation (The animation of Pikachu lunging at the screen doesn't count. That was just a quick Pika drawing I did that I made fly across the screen, lol).
*Actual mouth movements with the voices.
*A voice for Ash, as well as one for the translator (Both mine, which means Ash is REALLY going to sound dorky, lol!)
*Subtitles (because it may be hard to understand what I'm saying X3)
*A preloader screen, and a replay button at the end
*No annoying pauses!!! (Yayness!)
*An actual battle scene (Well, sorta... I'm kind of going to use the dust cloud again, but it'll be animated this time. :/)
*Lots of little added in bonus neat stuff. It's the stuff I couldn't think of before, but have the room for now!
*And best of all.... NO CRAPPY SPRITES!!!! Yay! My sprites were lame. Sprites are best left to the professionals, and even those don't look so hot blown up like mine were.

Here's a sample pic from the opening: Ash and Pika (http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y22/Shuko/ash_pika.png)

So there ya go. I don't have an estimated completion date yet, but rest assured that I'm working on it every night after I get home from work. Although, I've been on vacation to Minnesota this past week. Just to give you an idea of where I am, I'm just after the part where Ash pulls the wheelchair outta nowhere (That part took some time to figure out, too, lol). I won't be posting anything until it's done, though, so don't even ask. (Yeah, like you were gonna anyway. :))

LunaFlame
04-04-2005, 06:45 PM
Funny. *laughs*