PDA

View Full Version : Go HoMe, FrEsHmEn~

DragoniteMistress
09-28-2007, 06:54 PM
Today we had a pep assembly (Nya~) which I love, but on the way home from school I was getting mixed signals of other people's opinions on the bus. So PE2K, what are your views of pep rallies/assemblies?

BTW: If you're curious about the title, "Go home, freshmen" is basically what replaced, "Let's go ____!" at my school. Although the seniors shout, "Let's go, seniors!" It's tradition I guess, I accidentally sat with the juniors today >.>

Seawolf
09-28-2007, 07:09 PM
Oh, boy.

My friends and I were the kind of people that would head for the nearest fast food place as soon as one would start. Some of my fondest high school memories actually involve us running into one of the teachers standing guard and making up some stupid excuse as to why we were outside and not at the assembly. Those were the days!

Shadow Eevee
09-28-2007, 11:24 PM
Rofl @ Meg.

My school the cheerleaders are encouraged to be a little (like 00.00001%) flirty. That's what I've heard.

Dr Scott
09-28-2007, 11:27 PM
Mmmmm, Pep Rallies.

Never was my thing, but then again our school sucked at sports, so it's not like it was a big thing to cheer. I just ... didn't care if they won or lost. Plus, most of them were idiots anyways ...

However, here at college you'll find all kinds of people supporting the team. Even I love sporting my hoody and hat.

MagmarMan
09-29-2007, 02:03 AM
For the amount that I love sports, I have no high-school spirit. I try to avoid pep-rallies.

Assemblys are ok, we don't have many of them anymore...

Lati-Chan2000
10-10-2007, 01:25 AM
I don't like pep rallies...
Our school teams suck anyway so I'd just be wasting my time by cheering...
Pep rallies are too loud for me, and since the whole school forms up in the gym during them, I start getting really cranky because I'm claustrophobic and there's always people screaming in my ear and I end up having panic attacks...
D: