PDA

View Full Version : The URPG National Park is ready!

bronislav84
09-30-2007, 08:04 AM
After about three years (Or is it more?), the URPG National Park Project is finally finished!

This project was started on the Proboard briefly, then when the board was deleted, it was briefly posted on the interim board. But it was far from finished and perfected.

I made the first rough draft of it from the version that my friend had made, and various people helped compile Pokemon lists and suggest things. Jack and I worked on it on the URPG Backup Board for a while, then Gun6 helped out with the DP pokes. There were various other people who helped, but I have forgotten them. If you think you helped, post here. I recognize names, so don't go saying you helped when you didn't. If you don't even know me, chances are you never worked on this project.

Now, after all this time, I am pleased to announce that it is finished. Most of you probably don't know what it is, or have even heard of it. Yea, the project is that old.

All those who helped will receive a Free Park Master Ball, and a Free One Time Use Special Zone Entry Ticket! Also, when the URPG section is added by Ryan, there will be a three month celebration where all Park prices are slashed in half! So don't be shy, try it out! ^_^

umbreonandespeon
09-30-2007, 08:06 AM
I didn't help, but please may you explain what happens?

~U&E~

Ketamine
09-30-2007, 08:06 AM
What does the URPG Park do :/?

bronislav84
09-30-2007, 08:07 AM
All in due time, all in due time. I need a URPG Leader to PM Ryan about a new section, with the same Mods, but me added as one just for that one section.

Ketamine
09-30-2007, 08:12 AM
I hope this isn't a cheap way to get good Pokemon :/.

Dr Scott
09-30-2007, 08:35 AM
From what I understood, it's like DU's RP idea; a way to get Pokemon via RPing.

So yeah, it could be. Though hopefully it only pertains to certain 'mon like in the games.

Random question, has this all been approved? Seems like it should be OK'd by the community before just let out in the wild.

And, considering your apt for disappearing, I'm guessing the mods will be appointed backups to take charge?

Shen
09-30-2007, 08:38 AM
Sweet ^^! Sounds like an awesome idea, Bron. Three years in the making, eh? I hope that your hard work pays off. Can't wait for it, dude ^^!

bronislav84
09-30-2007, 08:45 AM
Duh Scotty. It would just add me as a Mod in that one section, keeping the others too.

You didn't read the part where I said I've been working on this on the backup forum? Backup forum belongs to Jack. We worked this out together.

All Pokes are available to catch (Legends only viewable), with ways to make it fair. A one week delay is added (From the original version). Don't worry, it's all fair and Jack approved it all. He wouldn't have if it was seriously flawed.

And about the approval by the community. Since when did new changes have to be approved by the players? New stuff is added often on it's own. The thing is, if people don't like it, they don't have to use it. It's just out there as an option. Only needs the section to be added.

And wtf, DU had an RP idea, knowing I was working on this? The heck.

Dr Scott
09-30-2007, 08:56 AM
Bron, you have no right to accuse anyone when it took you three years to finally get this out. We were figuring out another way of doing it since you weren't getting anything done at the time.

And I'm sorry, but from an outsiders standpoint coming in with an old idea and suddenly claiming that we should make a new section and make you the mod seems really arrogant. Notice the italics, that's right, it seems like it.

And yes, the community does count. If you don't think so, then you should never have any position of power. What he adds is usually part of the rules, or the game itself. This isn't part of the rules, it's something completely different. Did DU randomly make the RP before consulting the rest of us? Nah, he didn't you see. For something creative, or different, there should be talk amongst all of us. If there wasn't talk between the rest of us then there'd be a lot of ideas that people think were good out there, when in fact it might not have been the best idea.

And I for one would rather like to see the idea or at least have it mentioned before seeing it randomly put out there. Throw us a bone. At the very least the community could help with ideas that they would like to see. Let's think of any movie or video game, if some of the developers were to listen to the game players, they'll get much better ideas on how to make it better then if they randomly let out another game.

I do understand that this has been OK'd before, and that Jack and others have looked into it, and hell I've probably had in a say in it at one point. I'm not saying it's a bad idea, I'm probably for it. But at the very least your tone doesn't seem to make me totally confident in the project.

I believe you're forgetting that I was backing you up back when we were deciding if we should have allowed someone else take over the idea because you were so slow, and I thought it'd be best to let you continue it. Just a thought.

Edit: Talked to him, no need to try to refute or defend anything Jacky boy.

bronislav84
09-30-2007, 09:13 AM
Um, thanks for the vote of confidence Scotty. You're completely right of course.

The thing is, it's done. When a game is released by a developer, they release it and see how it does, then make patches. Same with this. It's done for now. Does it mean it's completely done? Absolutely not.

All I'm saying is that it should be added then changed as we see fit. But first it needs to be put in, right? I never made a preview thing or anything, or a "Features" but just showed the original and the Leaders liked it. So did many of the members at the time. The thread is now gone, so I can't do that again. I don't have it saved anywhere either.

What I was thinking of doing is calling in the original creator to help in the initial stages, but I'm having trouble contacting her and her boyfriend. She pretty much quit the forum where this is from.

The only way to show this is to put it into effect, or take the URPG Backup Forum section where this was planned out, and open it to the public. There are like eight threads there, and showing it all would be killer. I personally don't want hundreds (Thousands?) of people posting stuff in that place.

Gonna shoot a link at you privately.

EDIT: I talked to DU, and he says: "quote me: I'm all for"

Iridium
09-30-2007, 01:07 PM
Iím really excited about this, I hope itíll be great fun. I just canít wait when the Park will be opened.

bronislav84
09-30-2007, 01:20 PM
It can be opened at any time, as soon as Ryan makes the section, Mods the Leaders, and Mods me. Also it needs to have the making of new threads disabled by regular members.

Not sure, where should it be put, subsection under General, or it's own section among the other URPG sections?

Gold Rush
09-30-2007, 01:22 PM
Wow Exellent Idea and I hope those three years of trying is gonna pay off.:happy:

Gaia
09-30-2007, 01:48 PM
Good luck with this, Bron. ^^

HorrorScope
09-30-2007, 01:52 PM
Sounds awesome. ^^

Good luck, can't wait until it gets going.

Rpgraccoon
09-30-2007, 02:35 PM
Great an RP catching system I love it. I have been waiting for it. Thanks :smile:

I think this and stories need to be mixed probably since both are ways to catch Pokemon.

If not its own section would be nice.

Tamer Marco
09-30-2007, 02:56 PM
Sounds great, can't wait to try it. =]

bronislav84
09-30-2007, 06:03 PM
Great an RP catching system I love it. I have been waiting for it. Thanks :smile:

I think this and stories need to be mixed probably since both are ways to catch Pokemon.

If not its own section would be nice.
It's an alternative to story writing, not a replacement, so no, it should not and will not be mixed.

Thanks for the support everybody. If you want it faster, bug the URPG Leaders XD. There's 8 threads waiting to be posted.

Pikablu Pie
09-30-2007, 06:09 PM
Sounds great, can't wait to try it. =]

Same here, it sounds awesome. =] Can't wait to see it in action.

Rpgraccoon
09-30-2007, 07:01 PM
It's an alternative to story writing, not a replacement, so no, it should not and will not be mixed.

Thanks for the support everybody. If you want it faster, bug the URPG Leaders XD. There's 8 threads waiting to be posted.

That is what Sub topics are for

URPG: National Park: This is where you come to catch wild pokemon either though role play or though story writing.
URPG: Stories URPG: Park

Under the general part of the section could go comments and things for stories as well as grader wages/ rp-whatever is needed. I am not saying mix them. XD.

bronislav84
09-30-2007, 07:19 PM
That is what Sub topics are for

URPG: National Park: This is where you come to catch wild pokemon either though role play or though story writing.
URPG: Stories URPG: Park

Under the general part of the section could go comments and things for stories as well as grader wages/ rp-whatever is needed. I am not saying mix them. XD.
Heck no. This needs it's own section dude. Needs to all be in one section. Good try tough. You will see what I mean when it's up. Completely separate from the stories.

Where the section will be, I don't know yet.

-PK
09-30-2007, 07:24 PM
Heck no. This needs it's own section dude. Needs to all be in one section. Good try tough. You will see what I mean when it's up. Completely separate from the stories.

Where the section will be, I don't know yet.
You just want to have it have its own section so you can be a mod right? :/

I think it would work, but it would be less popular after about a week or so.

bronislav84
09-30-2007, 07:32 PM
Would you rather General has 8 new Stickies? O.O

And of course that will happen. After people realize it's not a walk in the park. This is in no way easier than the stories, I want to stress that.

Legendary Wolf
09-30-2007, 07:37 PM

And of course that will happen. After people realize it's not a walk in the park. This is in no way easier than the stories, I want to stress that.

Actually buying them is easier if you can do math. ;)

This seems like it'll be fun.

-PK
09-30-2007, 07:38 PM

Why not make one thread that would have the other 7 threads in it?

Shen
09-30-2007, 07:43 PM
Eight threads combined into one? My friend, I'm not sure something would work that way, especially a big undertaking like this.

bronislav84
09-30-2007, 07:43 PM
Would be too long, too many posts, and too cluttered. When you see it, you will agree.

Oh, and Dark Rider, not all 'mon are buyable, but all 'mon are catchable. That is if you're willing to work at it.

Kirethidae
09-30-2007, 09:07 PM
RPing to catch pokemon?

Sound like a good idea to me...

...Except that I am terrible at RPs.

*sigh*

Can't wait till it starts though!

Poltergeist
09-30-2007, 09:40 PM
RPing to catch pokemon eh? Sounds fun so I am all for this.

Dr Scott
10-01-2007, 01:01 AM
First off, DON'T bug URPG Leaders please ^_^.

Secondly, making a whole new section for something that might not work seems silly. There should be a trial version somewhere to see how it goes. Yes, I know there's a lot of different parts, but my point stands that it seems like much for an idea that might not work. DU's RPing thing died out pretty quickly, and it was a good enough idea.

Thirdly, there's a need for people to help. As any other section, it has its own need for something like a grader or a ref. This one is known as a 'Ranger.' RPing experience, some sort of grading experience I'm guessing (to evaluate the work of the other), some sort of reffing / battle experience, and maturity / patience is all needed.

Fourthly, and I know I've talked to you about this, but we need to make sure that the difficulty of getting on via stories and RPing is needed. I know it's not a 'replacement,' but if it's harder then stories no one will want to do it either. It needs to be even.

Fifth to think about, do we need Bron to be a mod of it or do we just need the regular mods to go about it? I realize who's idea it is (well, the URPG idea bit), and that's great, much props there, but it really seems that a position like that should be earned by being a good member in general and not because one thought of an idea. Granted, not sure if I'm one to talk totally xD. It would help if you didn't seem like you were making this idea just to become a mod, dude. It's all about how you carry yourself.

Ketamine
10-01-2007, 01:09 AM
TBH,

I don't really like this idea and I think it beats the whole purpose of URPG.

If we do, I think we should have a trial version first before we actually go into the real thing. For me Rping, isnt my cup of tea, and it won't be for everyone.

And to the mod thing, just because you made it doesn't mean you have to be "auto" modded.

Thirdly, and I know I've talked to you about this, but we need to make sure that the difficulty of getting on via stories and RPing is needed. I know it's not a 'replacement,' but if it's harder then stories no one will want to do it either. It needs to be even.

Yes I agree on that aswell. It has to be the same difficulty or they will ditch one and that section will be like dead.

Draconic_Espeon
10-01-2007, 01:22 AM
TBH,

I don't really like this idea and I think it beats the whole purpose of URPG.

If we do, I think we should have a trial version first before we actually go into the real thing. For me Rping, isnt my cup of tea, and it won't be for everyone.

Just because you don't RP doesn't mean everyone doesn't. I'd love to see how this is going to work, and I have no doubt that I'll probably be active in it, as will quite a few other people. Nothing's easy, and as much as I like writing stories, another way to catch Pokemon is welcome, so long as it's a challenge.

And in what way does it defeat the purpose of the URPG? I mean, it stands for 'Ultra Role Playing Game'. Roleplaying is in the name! It's what we're all doing, pretending we're trainers and gathering and perfecting a team any way we can. This seems to me as if we're just going a step beyond that.

bronislav84
10-01-2007, 01:29 AM
Scotty, I'm ok with everything you said up till the last part. That's unreasonable and mean.

The section has to be dissallowed from Memebrs posting threads. If I'm one, I can't post anything. Now you say ok, have somebody post it for me. I can't edit it if stuff changes. I also can't lock the Rules thread, then edit it.

If the section has Members allowed posting threads, then I'd be unable to control the spam. I also need to be able to patrol the section, since I'm Head Ranger. If I can't delete spam in the thing, it's totally silly.

In conclusion, I'd be bugging the daylights out of the other Mods if I'm not one. I need to have power in my own Park. Thanks for reading this section.

The test run sounds like a good idea, but how do you propose we do this without cluttering up a section?

EDT: deth, I disrespect Mods? You fail. I treat them all as friends, and joke around at them. They are people too.

TE, get out. Read what DE said.

Dr Scott
10-01-2007, 01:44 AM
And @ DE: Like I said before, I like the idea, I really do. I just think it should be put in a trial of sorts before being let out.

Though yes, we're getting off topic, let's keep it on the Park and not on Bron as a person.

Bryce
10-01-2007, 01:46 AM
bronislav, you dont have any right to tell someone to leave a thread, they have just as much a right here as you do....

1st off: Why does the title say "URPG National Park is Ready".... obviously it is far from being ready, for there is major conflict taking place and it probably wont be ready for a while....

2nd off: i dont see this succeeding if you are running it because you are apparently lacking people skills and you need to learn how to express your idea w/o offending others...

3rd off: I, and this is totally in my own opinion, dont like this idea..... i am partial to the old-traditional writing-a-story system and i dont see how this will work.... maybe i will change my mind once the rules and stuff are posted because i really like RPing.....

4th off: I advise you to pass this off to a mod, they are more competant in dealing with big projects like this and from what i hear, you are just trying to get yourself a Moderator position by doing this which is really cheap IMO....

5th off: dont tell me to get out of this thread, because i am entitled to my own opinion, even if it bothers you...

EmBreon
10-01-2007, 01:59 AM
I think that this could be a really great idea if it was handled differently.

bronislav84
10-01-2007, 02:09 AM
Scotty, you're right on all counts. I overreacted. I usually disregard "no offense" because the whole thing screams offensive. And it does affect me negatively.bronislav, you dont have any right to tell someone to leave a thread, they have just as much a right here as you do....

1st off: Why does the title say "URPG National Park is Ready".... obviously it is far from being ready, for there is major conflict taking place and it probably wont be ready for a while....

2nd off: i dont see this succeeding if you are running it because you are apparently lacking people skills and you need to learn how to express your idea w/o offending others...

3rd off: I, and this is totally in my own opinion, dont like this idea..... i am partial to the old-traditional writing-a-story system and i dont see how this will work.... maybe i will change my mind once the rules and stuff are posted because i really like RPing.....

4th off: I advise you to pass this off to a mod, they are more competant in dealing with big projects like this and from what i hear, you are just trying to get yourself a Moderator position by doing this which is really cheap IMO....

5th off: dont tell me to get out of this thread, because i am entitled to my own opinion, even if it bothers you...bryce bryce, where do I begin? Let's dissect this and reply to each point.

First off, your color makes my eyes bleed. :D

Second, I do if he is spaming uncontrollably and disagreeing in a rude fashion.

Now about your first point. The thing is done in terms of stuff for now, and us not having anything we can think of adding off te top of our heads. Like the video game Scotty mentioned, patches are frequently released, and things get changed. In it's current state, the Park is done, but stuff will be added and changed as time goes by.

Your second point. I'm easily offended, and reply in kind. I live by the philosophy of "Treat people the way they treat you" and I believe mean people who don't like change have no place in this thread. He should either try it, or just pretend it doesn't exist. It's an option, not a requirement.

You contradict yourself on your third point. You like to RP, and yet you don't like an RP that is massive and challenging. Give it a chance, and if you don't like it don't participate. Just make like it's not there. It won't affect you either way if you choose to ignore it.

Your forth point, I am talking to them, and have been talking to them on and off for all this time. It will take a while to get it all settled out, but the project is for now done.

You last point. You present this much better than the others, which is why I'm not just telling you to leave. :)

EDIT: EmBreon, just stay tuned. People spamed and flamed. It happens. It will all work out in the end. :).

Draconic_Espeon
10-01-2007, 02:11 AM
I know you do Scott, my comments were primarily directed towards TE.

Also, it's kinda hard for anyone not involved in the National Park already to say for sure whether or not this will work out. We don't really know how it all works, we can only suppose. And, with as many people as were involved in it, I think they probably worked out a majority of the kinks that may have made it die out. But, then again, it depends upon how it worked out.

I say it should go into a seperate thread for two main reasons. First, as Bron suggested, it would clutter another thread. And, if it does not have its own, it could end up being difficult to find. I have trouble simply finding copies of various rules- but then, I'm forgetful. :oops:

The only way I would say we could combine it with another is if we were to make the Story Section 'Pokemon Capturing', or something similar, instead, with sub-groups for both stories and the National Park. But then, I'm not a Mod, I'm merely suggesting.

About Bron being a Mod, well, this is his baby, so to speak. If nothing else, give him a trial period. If he misuses or abuses his power, someone else will take his place. But, considering the original idea was his, it seems to me that he should be the one running it, for the most part.

Dr Scott
10-01-2007, 02:25 AM
However, an RP idea was implemented before, and it died pretty quickly.

I'm not saying the same thing will happen, point being that before we do all the work of bothering a VERY busy Ryan to make a new section for something that MIGHT NOT WORK (which would mean a dead section) would be trying it. I'm not saying keep it in there forever, just until we know if it will stick or not.

It seems rather dumb to do it any other way.

bronislav84
10-01-2007, 02:33 AM
I know you do Scott, my comments were primarily directed towards TE.

Also, it's kinda hard for anyone not involved in the National Park already to say for sure whether or not this will work out. We don't really know how it all works, we can only suppose. And, with as many people as were involved in it, I think they probably worked out a majority of the kinks that may have made it die out. But, then again, it depends upon how it worked out.

I say it should go into a seperate thread for two main reasons. First, as Bron suggested, it would clutter another thread. And, if it does not have its own, it could end up being difficult to find. I have trouble simply finding copies of various rules- but then, I'm forgetful. :oops:

The only way I would say we could combine it with another is if we were to make the Story Section 'Pokemon Capturing', or something similar, instead, with sub-groups for both stories and the National Park. But then, I'm not a Mod, I'm merely suggesting.

About Bron being a Mod, well, this is his baby, so to speak. If nothing else, give him a trial period. If he misuses or abuses his power, someone else will take his place. But, considering the original idea was his, it seems to me that he should be the one running it, for the most part.DE, you have a good mind. I don't know where to begin.

We worked out most of the stuff, but let's all agree bad stuff (I would say a four letter word, but I really shouldn't) happens. A kink may be found later.

I hope you mean section actually. There are a total of 8 separate threads that need to be put into place. It needs it's own section, or it would clutter up another one.

That separation idea is good. Make them both subsections of a larger (And unpostable inside) section. It works as to where to put the thing.

Of course, not everybody will believe this, but I am not just clamoring for modship position. It's simply to be able to control my own creation. I know how it was run, and know how to run it. Although this is changed from the original somewhat, the basics stay the same. Again, not everybody will believe this, but I don't abuse power given to me. I ask for power to keep order. A few people can attest to this fact, and I can give an example right off the bat.

I'm in an RP on Serebiiforums (The thing goes down constantly and it's hard to post, but thats a story for another occasion). The GM (Game Master, Mod, Creator, whatever you're used to it being called) of the RP went inactive, and the thing just went to heck. Godmoding all around, spam, discussion, not to mention inactivity. I went and tried to keep order as a member and keep normalcy. The godmoders had the audacity to call me a minimod (Sure, I wasn't official, but I wasn't wrong, and the others agreed with me), and disregard what I was saying. The RP was dieing because of all the unfairness and stuff. I went ahead and sent a PM to the GM of the RP, and after all hope was almost lost, I got a reply with a yes, that I could officially patrol the RP. I quickly officially reprimanded the godmoders, PMed them a few times, and restored order. Did I kick them out? No. Did I yell at them? Ok maybe a little, but it was only because they were just disregarding me.

Do I abuse Modship in RPs? No. Will I abuse forum Modship? Although I can say with 100% of my own sincerity that I will not, a few of you don't believe me. All I'm gonna say is this: Stay tuned, relax, and simmer down. Everything will work out in the end, I'm sure of it. :D

EDIT: Scotty, I'm going to say this another time. I am all for your idea, but how do you propose we do this without cluttering up an existing section?

gun6
10-01-2007, 02:48 AM
The park could always hijac- er... borrow the NBL boards for a bit. It's been extremely inactive for a long time (due to NB itself kinda dying out a bit), and Bron has no problems with borrowing "inactive" boards for the park's trial. If there aren't any complaints, and if the trial runs smoothly, a board for the park could be created in the URPG area and the threads could simply be moved from the NBL boards to the new board (assuming that the idea takes off successfully).

Whaddya say? We'll need permission from the NBL leaders for this, of course.

.AzureLight
10-01-2007, 04:09 AM
Bron, you are (finally) my hero. :tongue:

FireflyK
10-01-2007, 01:53 PM
Duh Scotty. It would just add me as a Mod in that one section, keeping the others too.

You didn't read the part where I said I've been working on this on the backup forum? Backup forum belongs to Jack. We worked this out together.

All Pokes are available to catch (Legends only viewable), with ways to make it fair. A one week delay is added (From the original version). Don't worry, it's all fair and Jack approved it all. He wouldn't have if it was seriously flawed.

And about the approval by the community. Since when did new changes have to be approved by the players? New stuff is added often on it's own. The thing is, if people don't like it, they don't have to use it. It's just out there as an option. Only needs the section to be added.

And wtf, DU had an RP idea, knowing I was working on this? The heck.

First- very bad attitude and way to start off if you're so desperate to become a mod. Hun, you took 3 years to finish it, and it has yet to be tested to see if it is really viable, so don't you dare start in on DU. He was trying to make another way to catch Pokemon, which is reasonable, seeing how long this took. 3 years to complete one project is generally not the sort of track record that gets one to be a mod (How long will fixes take, if problems come up?), nor is demanding it... In fact, I don't think any of the current mods asked to be them, and we certainly don't take 3 years to do our jobs. If Jack really thinks this works out well you'd have his support for the position, but I don't think I'm the only one skeptical about this. Let's face it- this project was hardly done efficiently, and you're being very rude about what you expect for finishing it, and how you are treating those who didn't agree.

Also, sweetie, I really don't advise telling people to 'bug' the URPG leaders. If you get 3 years, I think they ought to get a couple of days to make their decision. Let's not start out with people already feeling ill will thanks to nagging.

I highly agree that this needs a trial- maybe the URPG mods can run one, see how it goes, then make the board/threads/whatever? And if fixes need to be done, they'll need assurance that it won't take a longggg time...

Also, I'm pretty sure exceptions can be made to the thing about who can/can't post in a place, allowing you to post, but not other members. Which would be a solution if Ryan doesn't want another mod now.

Another thing that makes me hesitant, though clearly it isn't my decision, is how Bron deals with naysayers. Sure, mods can't be nice all the time, but they generally don't go around telling noobs to get teh hell out of their threads. That's NOT the way to deal with dissent, you need to have a good enough idea to win people over. Accusing them of being rude while saying those sorts of things to them is just plain hypocritical. This was a problem in that Team RP thing, too, when he decided to tell a Gmod that how he should make a certain species... That sort of behavior is not very appropriate, especially when it denigrated into spam that had to be deleted. A trial run, with evidence of a better attitude and responsibility, might inspire more confidence in the doubters. Yelling at them to get off the thread will NOT, it only causes bad feeling. And a lot of conflict around a new project is not the way to get it to actually work.

So everyone, just chill out, and Bron, if you seriously want this thing to fly and a chance at modship, I'd suggest you watch your manners and be civil to other people, if you can't manage to be nice. You catch more flies with honey than vinegar.

DarkGardevoir
10-01-2007, 03:19 PM
Oh my, oh my. Finally we can see what this "park" is. Now, if the whole little figth that is going on here chills at least a little, we can try and discuss this.

First off, Bron, this might have taken a lot and work and all, but pretending to be a mod won't really lead you to anything. Yes, you know how it work and what to do, but pretending(sorry the lack of words :p) won't make you more likely to get it. It is probable you'll have it, but it won't happen that easily if you don't chill out.

To me, gun's idea might work. I've never seen the point of the netbattle league-mainly, because I don't play netbattle, or am interested in it- and as he said, it's becoming a little dead lately, so no need of making another board. Of course, given permission first.

One point I'd like to be clarified: can't Ryan just delete useless/dead boards? Because if not, that's just stupid in my opinion.

Loyal Arcanine
10-01-2007, 03:28 PM
This thread makes my eyes bleed. Also, considering only about 50% of the posts in here are constructive, I am locking this until Jack comes in and deals with it.

Jack of Clovers
10-05-2007, 04:53 AM
One point I'd like to be clarified: can't Ryan just delete useless/dead boards? Because if not, that's just stupid in my opinion.
Yes, boards can be soft deleted.

-----------

So, why did this thread turn into arguments? Honestly, if you have a problem with Bron, any future Mods for the Park, the Park itself, or with me approving the park, talk to me about it. Posting arguments and complaints like this aren't helping the situation.

Yes, the park is ready. There are two situations that need dealing with:

1) I need to talk with Ryan.

2) We need more Rangers for the park. I think there are only three... :ermm: If you are interested, talk with Bron or myself for information. You should have Reffing experience.

Reopened for polite discussion.

~Jack~

Dr Scott
10-05-2007, 05:14 AM
For defense of everyone, if something is discussed without making insults ... it's debate. Calling it all complaining would be saying that everytime someone doesn't agree on something they have to go directly to you, which is not the best idea for you. Arguments stem from turning debate into insults, or responding harshly, both of which happened but don't have to. For some part, the things talked about have to do with the Park itself, such as stating the fact that perhaps it would be best for him to because it seems like he is not ready for the position. Again, it went too far, but mentioning it did seem necessary to a point.

The best course of action, for future thought, would be to allow you to make the first post on something as important as this so we don't have someone stating they should be made a mod right off the bat. If you had said he was becoming a mod or somethign of the sorts I would have accepted it or went to you, but instead it seemed more like "hey, here it is, now make me a mod."

Also, it just makes it more official.

That out of the way I would like to say that reffing experience is not the only thing needed to be a ranger. As stated before (and I have talked to Bron about this), you also need to have some sort of roleplaying experience and be good in that section, and also have the maturity to help out others as they go through the various tasks to capture Pokemon.

Lord Celebi
10-05-2007, 09:34 PM
2) We need more Rangers for the park. I think there are only three... :ermm: If you are interested, talk with Bron or myself for information. You should have Reffing experience.

~Jack~

Bron promised me a Ranger position way back on the Proboards. I don't know if that offer is still valid, but that's what Bron said to me... Way back before our feud of sorts.

Leman
10-05-2007, 09:39 PM
Yes, boards can be soft deleted.

-----------

So, why did this thread turn into arguments? Honestly, if you have a problem with Bron, any future Mods for the Park, the Park itself, or with me approving the park, talk to me about it. Posting arguments and complaints like this aren't helping the situation.

Yes, the park is ready. There are two situations that need dealing with:

1) I need to talk with Ryan.

~Jack~

What do the rangers do? I might want to become one.

gun6
10-05-2007, 11:14 PM
As I don't know how much information I can reveal bout the park, Rangers are basically the people that have to "be at your side" while you RP, and are somewhat like tour guides with a special purpose in Pokemon-capturing RPs. Also, I'm somewhat sure that they'll generally moderate (even if they are not modded) the boards and make sure that everything in the Park's location is strictly related to the park (in other words, prevent spam and stuff like a normal moderator), and assist you in your RP'ing experience. Because of the multiple active roles a Ranger has, the Ranger must have many qualifying factors for the position. :)

(...Did I say that correctly?)

Dr Scott
10-06-2007, 02:42 AM
Mmmm, Rangers are more like the graders / refs of the Park portion, they'll be the ones that will be deciding whether it's all in order to get it and whatnot. A ranger will be assigned / go with someone trying to capture a 'mon in the park, and will be kind of the 'Dungeon Master' of sorts. <-very vague, but like Gun said I'm not sure how much I can say.

Basically they'll need to understand battles to determine damage, need the maturity to deal with the members because there's a lot more one on one then stories, where you usually just grade, and need the ability to RP a response to the one trying for the Pokemon.

Though I don't think they'll be doing the moderating of the board, they'll be able to answer questions and generally help out but just like a grader they will probably let the mods and whatnot handle all of the larger problems.

Tamer Marco
10-06-2007, 02:44 AM
I'd like to become a Ranger or participant, does grading go anywhere in the plan?

Leman
10-06-2007, 02:48 AM
I geuss I could do that. Do I have to be an exceptionally good RPer?

Ketamine
10-06-2007, 02:55 AM
Same, I am both a grader and a ref,

but my RP skills are average, does it have to be exceptionally good o_O.

Realityxxx
10-06-2007, 02:58 AM
I wish i was a ref.

Shen
10-06-2007, 02:58 AM
Yes, you have to have really good RP skills to be a Ranger. This is basically URPG RPing, instead of Stories. Also, these skills help you to be more mature in RPing a response to the one trying for the capture. It's basically all that Scott said above.

Realityxxx
10-06-2007, 03:56 AM
Yes, you have to have really good RP skills to be a Ranger. This is basically URPG RPing, instead of Stories. Also, these skills help you to be more mature in RPing a response to the one trying for the capture. It's basically all that Scott said above.

Awesome. So if i improve loads more, i'll be able to become a ranger?

Leman
10-06-2007, 04:17 AM

Damn *fails at RPing* =/

Shen
10-06-2007, 04:22 AM
Awesome. So if i improve loads more, i'll be able to become a ranger?

I imagine so, but you'd have to ask Bron about that.

Psychic
10-06-2007, 05:17 AM
Hm, I'd certainly be interested in being a Ranger - I've got plenty of RP experience (I don't Mod RPG on SPPf for nothing) and it sounds just like SPPf's Fizzy Bubbles, which wasn't too hard (just slow as the leaders were always slow to respond).

I may not be a ref (just a grader), but when it comes to not using a damage calculator I can be pretty accurate/realistic. I'm used to this sort of stuff *waves hand about vaguely*

This certainly will put the "RPG" back in "URPG"...:D

I hope it's a sucess - good luck to all those in charge/involed and all that. *will send a PM about being a Ranger later*

~Psychic

Phantom Kat
10-06-2007, 05:33 AM
This certainly will put the "RPG" back in "URPG"...:D

Heh, never thought of that. xD

Wow, I would really love to participate in this, something new for me to try out. With the Rangers exceptionally good RPers, maybe I could try my hand at RPing? I only RPed once about two years ago, did not go well since the RP went off without me when I became unintersted. :S

Well, that was a long time ago and when the park is up and ready, I'll see if my RP skills make people bleed or not. :tongue:

- Kat

bronislav84
10-06-2007, 06:46 AM
Wow, grew two pages in my abcense ever since it was reopened.

FFK and DG, your posts are totally redundant, since the issue has already been addressed.

I did offer you a Ranger position when you were new rusty, and it's still valid. The problem is you didn't have a messenger, so I couldn't take you. It would be nice if we could all talk to each other easily.

Furthermore, our RP feud should not interfere with professional stuff such as this, to affect withholding a job from you when you obviously qualify. Did you ever get approved as a Ref?

Marco, Grading itself does not factor into the Park at all, it was just an example.

Leman, please find somebody to give you a Ref Test, if you haven't already, then come to me on either a messenger or PM and show me your past experience as an RPer, and I'll judge. You can also contact Jack about this, but he would probably send you back to me lol.

TE, after insulting me and other stuff I will not repeat for the sanity of this thread, I do not have a particularly high liking of you right now. But as I've told rusty, this is a professional thing, and my personal feelings shouldn't matter. Just show me your past experience and I'll decide. More Ranges means more people can participate at a time, so I will not turn anybody down, as long as they're not like, a horrible RPer. The rule of thumb is if you can write a Fanfic or a Story, you can RP.

Psychic, here is another example. You, along with rusty, instantly qualify to be a Ranger. Just get a Ref Test. I don't have to ask you for credentials, because I have seen you RP. :D

Although I have not participated in FB, I've seen it. It seems to be somewhat similar. The only difference here is that I'm not limiting the number of Rangers. More Rangers, more people can enter at once. Good for business. The only time I will start limiting is when there start to be too many Rangers lol.

Kat, just find a way to send me your credentials somehow, messenger or PM, and I'll take a look. Also make sure to take and pass the Ref Test.

*phew* I think that's everybody.....

It's 3AM for me, almost. Couldn't sleep. *goes back to sleep*

Ketamine
10-06-2007, 07:00 AM
Ok I'll show you some exprience, Yes about spamming and flamming before, I should say I'm sorry, I jsut disliked the idea at first. But now I want to try it out.

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showpost.php?p=203108&postcount=2
^Me as a Ref/Ref Tester

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showpost.php?p=203128&postcount=1
^Grader

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?t=63583
^My Most recent story for a Sneasel.

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54857
^Story for a Mankey

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?t=56280
^Story for Cherim

Iridium
10-06-2007, 09:38 AM
Bron, can I be a ranger as well? I am a ref and a grader, but I haven't participated in RPs before :oops:, though I have written a few stories. Can you just give me a chance, and if I'm not good, you can remove me?

bronislav84
10-06-2007, 10:13 AM
TE, you shouldn't post these references here and clutter the thread lmao. I may be signing my own tombstone here, but all further inquiries about Ranger tryouts should be directed here (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/private.php?do=newpm&u=23), or catch me on AIM.

Lord, you do the same thing as TE okay?

Stinky
10-06-2007, 12:35 PM
Wow, this looks like a great idea.

I would send you the stuff to apply for a Ranger bron, but I haven't taken the ref test. (I actually haven't even gotten the results of my quiz back) I can tell that when this gets opened up, I shall be spending a lot of time in that section.

Lord Celebi
10-06-2007, 02:53 PM
I did offer you a Ranger position when you were new rusty, and it's still valid. The problem is you didn't have a messenger, so I couldn't take you. It would be nice if we could all talk to each other easily.

Furthermore, our RP feud should not interfere with professional stuff such as this, to affect withholding a job from you when you obviously qualify. Did you ever get approved as a Ref?

Yeah, I took one, and failed miserably under the pressure :P I mean, I can do the calculating and crap quite well, but when I was in that chatroom with my tester, I got really nervous and made a bunch of stupid mistakes... I am a Grader, however.

I've got AIM now. If you want to talk to me, I could manage to get on within an hour or so.

Rpgraccoon
10-06-2007, 03:48 PM
I am ready for this I am working on my reffing skills. Plus, I am working on my writing at school. Glad to be a ranger. :smile:

Tamer Marco
10-06-2007, 03:54 PM
Well, it seems as the ranger pre-requesites are pretty lame, as half of the refs do it because they don't write. :P

Shen
10-06-2007, 05:02 PM
What do you mean, pretty lame? Marco, to be a Ranger, you have to have passed a legitimate ref tes (so basically, you must be a ref) as well as having exceptional RPing skills.

Also, seeing as how RPing and Writing fall into the same basic category, why do you say that half the refs do it because they can't write? They have to be able to write in order to do this.

Tamer Marco
10-06-2007, 05:11 PM
What do you mean, pretty lame? Marco, to be a Ranger, you have to have passed a legitimate ref tes (so basically, you must be a ref) as well as having exceptional RPing skills.

Also, seeing as how RPing and Writing fall into the same basic category, why do you say that half the refs do it because they can't write? They have to be able to write in order to do this.

No. A lot of people ref because they DON'T write stories, and the pay is better than being a grader. What I meant was there aren't a lot of refs and Role-players/story writers willing to do both. :/

Phantom Kat
10-06-2007, 05:40 PM
You misunderstood me, Bron, I don't want to be a Ranger, just participate in the park like a normal member, just saying that with Rangers with awesome RP skills, I'll maybe become a decent RPer. =P

- Kat

Team Devastation
10-07-2007, 09:46 AM
I can't wait for this i'm so exited.

_Jake_

Psychic
10-07-2007, 09:58 PM
Psychic, here is another example. You, along with rusty, instantly qualify to be a Ranger. Just get a Ref Test. I don't have to ask you for credentials, because I have seen you RP. :D
We do? Awesome! So, where would one go for a Ref Test? Is this the same as
the test for battle Referees, or is this specifically for Rangers? *begins fidgeting* Frankly I'd prefer to only be a Ranger, not a battle Ref...

~Psychic

Rpgraccoon
10-07-2007, 10:32 PM
We do? Awesome! So, where would one go for a Ref Test? Is this the same as
the test for battle Referees, or is this specifically for Rangers? *begins fidgeting* Frankly I'd prefer to only be a Ranger, not a battle Ref...

~Psychic

Actually, you could at least do the quiz. It has helped me out a lot. Also, after passing the test you could agree to only ref forum battles to up your skills or refuse the position.

bronislav84
10-08-2007, 04:17 AM
Not quite right, Rpg.

Forum battles have no connection to this. This is at least two steps up from those, simply because of the level of description.

Psy, just don't ref anything but Park battles after you pass. You need to pass so that you know how to count the damage.

Team Devastation
10-08-2007, 07:08 AM
When is thie going to start?

-Jake

Shen
10-08-2007, 09:07 AM
Patience, TD, it takes time to get things like this up and going. It'll probably be a while before it starts...

Rpgraccoon
10-08-2007, 03:52 PM
Not quite right, Rpg.

Forum battles have no connection to this. This is at least two steps up from those, simply because of the level of description.

Psy, just don't ref anything but Park battles after you pass. You need to pass so that you know how to count the damage.

hehe I know. I was saying for her to get some reffing practice. She could ref some forum matches. Instead of doing the aim ones. When she gets a license. It wouldn't hurt. :smile:

bronislav84
10-08-2007, 06:22 PM
hehe I know. I was saying for her to get some reffing practice. She could ref some forum matches. Instead of doing the aim ones. When she gets a license. It wouldn't hurt. :smile:
Yea, it will take some time. Last I talked to Jack, he said he would work it out with Ryan about a section and stuff. Let's all be patient. I think when everything is set up, I'll probably get a PM or something.

I also suggested to Jack DE's idea, and he liked it. Said he would suggest it to Ryan.

That's all the info I have right now. I'm waiitng patiently too.

SiberianTiger
10-08-2007, 07:27 PM
Well Bron, looks like you've finally finished; if I may I offer my congrats, from what I've read in the older threads this has been a lot of work. I hope everything turns out well for this and you.

That said, I'd like to offer some advice and that would be:

Be extremely careful choosing the Rangers you'd like to 'represent' the park, I'm pretty sure that most here (Before this thread and even to an extent now) have no idea what the park is or what exactly it involves. As such it might be better if the original Rangers test it before letting others apply for the position.

Of course this is your show and such, but still...

Good luck.

~Isaiah

bronislav84
10-08-2007, 08:27 PM
Lol ST, there's no originals. None at all. Even me, I haven't practiced this version. It's a change from the original this is based on, so nobody knows precisely what it entails.

There's no originals, really. Maybe Teresa, but she's not familiar with this version.

SiberianTiger
10-08-2007, 10:31 PM
My mistake Bron, allow me to clarify.

First off, I wasn't aware that this was based off of something else, which I think I saw mentioned a bit ago in this thread. (Though, I would think that would make my point even more important). What I meant was using the few people you originally had helping you and such. Although, if my understanding is correct then a few of them aren't even here anymore.

Oh well, my only intention was making sure you were absolutely sure about those becoming Rangers.

~Isaiah

bronislav84
10-09-2007, 06:57 PM
Eh, yea, they're not around anymore. They're still entitled to the rewards if they do show up agan.

We're all kinda going to be learning the system together. It just depeneds on how many workers I manage to get, really.

Dog of Hellsing
10-11-2007, 03:21 PM
Eeeeee, Bron, I wanna be a Ranger ^^. I've been meaning to take the Ref Test to be an actual ref anyway, but I've never reallyhad the incentive until now. *Twitch.* Evasion and accuracy and weather and all that other crap is somewhat tricky for me, but I'm sure I can understand it enough for Park Battles lol. Justwhat calc do you guys suggest I use when I take the test?

The Crimson Rose
10-11-2007, 04:47 PM
Eeeeee, Bron, I wanna be a Ranger ^^. I've been meaning to take the Ref Test to be an actual ref anyway, but I've never reallyhad the incentive until now. *Twitch.* Evasion and accuracy and weather and all that other crap is somewhat tricky for me, but I'm sure I can understand it enough for Park Battles lol. Justwhat calc do you guys suggest I use when I take the test?

Use DU's Calc. It works well enough. Bron, since I'm already a ref, mind if I become a ranger?

DarkGardevoir
10-11-2007, 04:58 PM
Huh, I was wondering that too.I'm a ref, I'm not a grader, but I've written a fair few stories, which- as most of the grader said- best part was the battle.

Now, I don't know if that counts, but I hope it does. *smiles*

bronislav84
10-14-2007, 05:29 AM
Sorry guys, my internet has been wonky for a while. I'm still checking if it's back to normal. For about 5 days, I couldn't connect properly enough, and gave up for a few days.

I have a lot on my plate right now, and I promise I'll get to reading everybody's samples show has already sumitted.

Now then. TT, you are autohired with Psychic and rusty. Just get and pass a Ref Test. Cless, I'm gonna need to see some samples in my PM box please. DG, you too.

If you don't see me posting for a while, it's cause my internet went down again. :(

Rpgraccoon
10-31-2007, 08:12 PM
Trick or Treat...LA and I am in the midst of my ref test. I hope this gets up soon or at least we get to see a sample section lol.

Eraizaa-kun
11-01-2007, 07:53 PM
I recall chatting with Bronislav84 about it and I qualify to be a Ranger...so, I want to be one. ^^

koolcurtis
11-28-2007, 07:50 AM
wow, is this park open yet? been many years since this was introduced. hopefully its open by now. gj bron :D

P.S. Hi everybody! :P

Shen
11-28-2007, 08:12 AM
It's not open yet; it has yet to be determined when it will open. I'm really looking forward to this, and I really want to be a Ranger. I just have to pass the ref test before I'm qualified (Bron approved of my RP skills ^^).

We just have to be patient and wait.

Team Devastation
11-29-2007, 06:45 AM
Finally!! They made the park, gosh that took long, I hope they open it soon.

Pika57
12-06-2007, 02:56 AM
He actually finished it... dangit... I owe Pidge five bucks... now I have to hunt him down too...

Anyway good job Bron. It took awhile, and even involved some attempts to hack the URPG backup forum so I could get secret details to sell to the Russians... which reminds me... they'll be wanting the portion they pre-paid back... yikes...

Of course, I would love to enjoy it(Unless it has been delayed since this was posted, which was three months ago) but I am not technically here. I am actually just an illusion created by your mind.

:rolleyes:

And if I revived this thread somehow... good for me...

Dog of Hellsing
12-06-2007, 07:32 PM
OO

Pika! *Flyingtackleglomps.* HOW YOU BEEN!?

Anyways, Bron's gone all inactive-y again, and I don't think there's been anymore work on this so far. We haven't even gotten the test drive going yet, and we're definitely gonna need one before we make this thing official.

I hope Bron gets back soon so we can does this thing lol.

Pika57
12-07-2007, 03:19 AM
OO

Pika! *Flyingtackleglomps.* HOW YOU BEEN!?

Anyways, Bron's gone all inactive-y again, and I don't think there's been anymore work on this so far. We haven't even gotten the test drive going yet, and we're definitely gonna need one before we make this thing official.

I hope Bron gets back soon so we can does this thing lol.

That is so typically Bron... remember War Rp two summers ago? Hes like an Rp obsessor and he disappeared about... five seconds in...

As for me fine... just checking stuff out... I seem to be drawn back to this place around school breaks... last time I did anything PE2K related was when I was on my IM account last July, and URPG'd a bit...

If it ever goes up I'll probably come back temporarily officially, just to try it out... and to hang out of course.

By the way... glad to see a familiar face... then again a few people have changed their user names no doubt... but still, the old crop of noobs has long since either moved on or risen up... this place has definitely changed...

I feel so old... and yet I joined in 05... my god...

:neutral:

DaRkUmBrEoN
12-07-2007, 07:16 AM
That is so typically Bron... remember War Rp two summers ago? Hes like an Rp obsessor and he disappeared about... five seconds in...

As for me fine... just checking stuff out... I seem to be drawn back to this place around school breaks... last time I did anything PE2K related was when I was on my IM account last July, and URPG'd a bit...

If it ever goes up I'll probably come back temporarily officially, just to try it out... and to hang out of course.

By the way... glad to see a familiar face... then again a few people have changed their user names no doubt... but still, the old crop of noobs has long since either moved on or risen up... this place has definitely changed...

I feel so old... and yet I joined in 05... my god...

:neutral:
Don't worry about Bron going missing. I have a close eye on him. He's playing a new MMORPG atm, so he's kinda occupied. Give me a sec, so I can mince his mind back into shape for this stuff. Also, with Ryan back, we should see a new board for it sometime soon, I guess.

Oh, hiya Pika!

-]DU[-

Dog of Hellsing
12-07-2007, 03:38 PM
Ryan's back? Yay lol.

Anyways, I can't wait for this thing to get up and runnging. RP'ing to get Pokemon is a great idea, yush indeed lol. Especially for an RP freak like meh.

bronislav84
12-21-2007, 06:59 AM
DU hit the nail in the head pretty much.

My hands are tied until Jack pokes Ryan for some boards.

DU, you never did tell me this thread was still on the first page. I expected it to die, cause Ryan was inactive and GMods can't make boards or create Mods.

God I wish Ryan would choose another Admin in the case he suddenly kicks the bucket, god forbid. There's a lot of stuff only the Admin can do.

This was last posted in on the 7th, and this thread is near the top, below the stickes. Wow, URPG Gen is kinda dead, aint it?

And Pika, if you're talking about the fifth War, that was was out of my hands. My pc stopped working. Couldn't do nothing. I'm not happy I missed that one. If you mean another one, I don't remember being inactive for any but that one.

Oh TT, and it's not inactivity really, but actually a boycott. I'm on strike pretty much, until Mikey's nonexistant War ends. You can check my posts up till now. They're all Juno RP for about a month back, or more.

Ketamine
12-21-2007, 07:06 AM
URPG isn't dead =/

Its just, who the hell posts in URPG General boards other to trade?

And if anyone wanted to ask questions, URPG General Chat is there, all the topics under the sticky are mostly useless and people know that you shouldn't post there unless its real important.

bronislav84
12-21-2007, 07:15 AM
TE, read again. I said URPG Gen, not the whole place. Let's just wait for Jack now, okay?

Ketamine
12-21-2007, 07:24 AM
I thought you meant "URPG Generation" -__-.

flareon008
01-18-2008, 03:42 PM
The park still isn't open then? lol Bron has been pushing that... maybe four years ago?

lol "Ryan kicking the bucket"

Dr Scott
01-19-2008, 04:19 AM
I missed Curtis? And Flare?

Awww, I'm sad now.

Is it really ready?

flareon008
01-20-2008, 12:45 PM
I missed Curtis? And Flare?

Awww, I'm sad now.

Is it really ready?

You were sad to begin with Scott, that has always been the case. No one misses Curtis the Cat. Shall I make a new thread and you and I can spam it up with our discussions of the past?

mew magician
01-20-2008, 01:50 PM
I can't wait for it to be open!

Pika57
01-25-2008, 04:11 AM
Obligatory- "If you read this Bron, I'm watching you..." post.

Anyway.

I am SO watching you.

Or maybe watching Ryan would be more effective... I mean he still has time to update the home page... which no one I know of reads.

This park is never going to happen, for whatever reason, isn't it?

Oh, and if anyone cares... I'm watching you as well. /0_0\

Hope everyone is doing alright... umm...

GO GIANTS!!!

(This is not spam, because if it were spam, it would not say this at the bottom)

Trainer17
02-20-2008, 04:01 AM
I really hope this Idea is approved, rather than writing stories, this will be a fruitful way for many URPers to catch Pokemon.=)

2wings
02-20-2008, 05:57 AM
The URPG has Role Play in the name itself but we dont have any RPGs. Ryan is just beyond inactive, i wouldn't have believed that this was his forum if i hadn't met him.

Diamond_Master
02-24-2008, 01:44 AM
So, when is it coming?

Lord Celebi
02-24-2008, 02:31 AM
So, when is it coming?

Probably never since both Bron and Ryan have died again >_<

Shen
02-24-2008, 02:54 AM
Ryan is merely inactive, busy with his normal life and all (college ftw), and Bron's net was just deactivated by his mom.

Keep hope, guys, this should still be up and running in due time...

Angel Doctor
02-24-2008, 06:56 PM

Lol, Walk in the park, I get it!!:happy:

bronislav84
03-06-2008, 07:44 PM
Just checking in on this thread out of boredom waiting for my landline to come back on, and posting from my Wii for now.

Aanyway I'm just here to mention the idea I had a while back. Jack said that Ryan doesn't wanna make any new Sections for the URPG, but sub boards are ok.

So to solve that, I had the idea to make a Section called "URPG: Pokemon Captures" (Yea, that's a new section but let me continue and it will make sense at the end) Now, since both Stories and Park are both ways to get more pokes, the Stories board would then be moved and made a sub board of the above new URPG board Section, and then "URPG: National Park" would be created in the Captures sub board, grouped with the Stories. This keeps the number of URPG Sections the same. People would just post in the sub boards.

Nice, eh? Now I wonder when this can be done. No hurry, my net on my PC atill isn't working, as of the date of this post. I was metely making a suggestion on how to keep the net amount of URPG-related boards the same, while still allowing for one to be added.

-PK
03-06-2008, 07:50 PM
Just checking in on this thread out of boredom waiting for my landline to come back on, and posting from my Wii for now.

Aanyway I'm just here to mention the idea I had a while back. Jack said that Ryan doesn't wanna make any new Sections for the URPG, but sub boards are ok.

So to solve that, I had the idea to make a Section called "URPG: Pokemon Captures" (Yea, that's a new section but let me continue and it will make sense at the end) Now, since both Stories and Park are both ways to get more pokes, the Stories board would then be moved and made a sub board of the above new URPG board Section, and then "URPG: National Park" would be created in the Captures sub board, grouped with the Stories. This keeps the number of URPG Sections the same. People would just post in the sub boards.

Nice, eh? Now I wonder when this can be done. No hurry, my net on my PC atill isn't working, as of the date of this post. I was metely making a suggestion on how to keep the net amount of URPG-related boards the same, while still allowing for one to be added.
I like that idea, it sounds much more organized then a new section.
I don't think any new mods should be appointed though. I think the ones we have are planty to help out with it :x

bronislav84
03-06-2008, 08:02 PM
I like that idea, it sounds much more organized then a new section.
I don't think any new mods should be appointed though. I think the ones we have are planty to help out with it :x

Thanks, I gess.

Yes, I can hilight on Wii. Your other comment as to why I need to be able to mod this single board has alredy been explained. To death, I might add. No need to bring it up again, thanks.

Oh, and you didn't need to quote the whole post.

Crystal Pikachu
03-06-2008, 08:39 PM
This sounds interesting. :x

But yeah, I sort of agree with Pokeking, the mods we have are fine. But if it was originally you're idea, or if you need to explain something in-depth, then yeah, but you could always get a mod to sticky it for you. ;D

bronislav84
03-06-2008, 09:45 PM
Read posts #33-40 on page 3 about that issue, and stop bringing it up please, seriously. You're beating a dead horse now, so let it rest already.

We need to wait for Ryan instead of digging up stuff that was already adressed.

Lord Celebi
03-06-2008, 09:48 PM

Seeing as how Ryan has been quite active recently, this should be implemented quite soon.

Now I just have to pass the ref test... http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg108/LordCelebi/Celebi%20Emotes/suspicious.png

Pika57
03-13-2008, 04:14 AM
Read posts #33-40 on page 3 about that issue, and stop bringing it up please, seriously. You're beating a dead horse now, so let it rest already.

Bron, you have something against holes?

DIG A HOLE SAVE A PIKA!!!

*Attempts to make not spam*

The URPG National Park just got updated from a Silver Level Phenomena to a Gold Level Phenomena in my "Grand PE2K Related Conspiracy Archive".

Be honored, the only other things in there are where Nefarious went, and what substance Ryan is made of.

Frozen_in_Time
03-18-2008, 01:57 PM

I like that idea Bron!!
Hope we get it soon-ish! Before hols would be nice :]

Full_Metal_Al
03-18-2008, 02:06 PM
I think it should be placed under battles, it makes more sense to me. I hope this comes up soon, I want a way to catch pokemon that doesn't take 7 hours to catch try to catch an Onix.

Lord Celebi
03-18-2008, 08:45 PM
I think it should be placed under battles, it makes more sense to me. I hope this comes up soon, I want a way to catch pokemon that doesn't take 7 hours to catch try to catch an Onix.

Dude, its still going to take seven hours, but in the Capture Park, you're Role Playing as opposed to writing FanFic, I believe. This doesn't make it easier, its just to appeal to people with different fortes.

FireflyK
03-19-2008, 07:07 AM
RPs aren't faster than stories. It just FEELS faster, 'cause it is more fun. ;) This'll be great- I can RP twice as much, twice as fast, and twice as well as I write alone. =)