PDA

View Full Version : Then and Now

Gogogo123
03-11-2005, 09:52 PM
Who did you choose for R/B the very first time, Now who would u picked now that you are more experienced

Tamer San
03-11-2005, 10:03 PM
First, I chose Bulbasaur owning the first two gyms with Vine Whips =P

But now I use Charmander because he simply pwns. I never use him in first two gyms though =P

Gogogo123
03-11-2005, 10:06 PM
Me i first used squirtle and owned the first gym and did ok on 2 gym now i used preety much all fire pokemon

Tamer San
03-11-2005, 10:17 PM
Balancing your team is important more than starters. I usually put my starter in the PC at a moment. My point is which starter you start with isn't as important as which team you end with :wink:

sybersaur3000
03-12-2005, 12:26 AM
Wise words...I think...

I chose Charmander....So I did have a little diffuculty beating the first two gym leaders. I'd still choose Charmander because I find that I raise my pokemons levels higher to defeat those gym leaders and Charmander is my fave of the three first starters.

Missingno mystery
03-12-2005, 04:23 PM
Originally, my older bros friend told us that Bulbasaur was the best out of all of them so thats what we chose. Now on LG I chose Squirtle, cause on Silver I liked Feraligatr the best and on Ruby, Mudkip's evo line looked better over all (for me looks count) so when I got LG, I couldn't really choose what I wonted so I stay'd with the water Pokemon.

NuclearUmbreon
03-12-2005, 04:25 PM
i origanaly started with bulbasaur, but now i use squirtle, because i like the little guy

thepokingmaster123
03-13-2005, 04:17 PM
Im a water-starter kind of guy...

Squirtle: Ice beam, Surf, Earthquake, filler
That takes care of ALL of its weaknesses. wow...

Tododile: Slash, Swords dance, Surf, filler
the only worthwile G/S starter due to Swords Dance (Breed)

Mudkip: Same as squirtle
Wow, you gotta love that ground part. One of the ONLY counters to Bolt-Beamers

Orange_Flaaffy
03-13-2005, 05:30 PM
When I first played Blue I started with squirtle. Now, years later in LG I still pick Squirtle. What can I say, it is a part of who I am in the game in a way, I even use an Everstone on it now that there is such a thing. Years later, it is also nice to be abe to get a female right off bat, as that was the gender I always pictured my Squirtle (who happens to have had the nickname Ryo from day one) as being.

ElementWyvern
03-13-2005, 05:37 PM
When I first started, I choose Bulbasaur becuase the little guide book that came with it said Bulba was the eaisest one to use and, my sister forced me to get it o.o;; Now I'd choose Charmander... I usually choose fire starters

MystiKal
03-13-2005, 06:18 PM
Well then I chose Bulbasaur and now I chose Bulbasaur because I love Venasaur.

Loyal Arcanine
03-13-2005, 06:27 PM
I used to pick Bulbasaur. Now I choose either him or Charmander. When I choose Charmander, I do the first gym with a Butterfree with Confusion.

Hydros
03-13-2005, 06:51 PM
I chose Squirtle back then, In Gold i chose Chickorita.
Now...Squirtle and Mudkip, But i always start a new team and breed after a beat the elite for. Having a team full of strong pokemon all the time isnt very fun.

Marill
03-13-2005, 10:53 PM
Well, I would choose all of the ones that I used to: Squirtle, Cyndaquil, and Treecko. I love all three, and wouldn't have changed a thing.

paperfairy
03-14-2005, 02:01 PM
Well then I chose Bulbasaur and now I chose Bulbasaur because I love Venasaur.

Same here. Vulvasore pwns.

-PF

Thoughts: ^^

Chaos_Charizard
03-14-2005, 05:01 PM
I always choose the fire starters for my games because they pwn, but then I trade and breed the other starters over from other games and wind up with all three :wink:

Pokemon Trainer Sarah
03-15-2005, 04:05 AM
I've always chosen Bulbasaur, right from the first time I played Pokemon Red, and I've always chosen it since as well. It kinda got me hooked on Grass Starters as I chose Chikorita and Treecko in GSC/RS.

thepokingmaster123
03-17-2005, 01:17 AM
The only reason bulba is good is due to its possible moveset.

Leech seed
Giga Drain
Sludge bomb
Sleep pwdr

Man... Good movesets for sucky pokes. WHY IS IT ALWAYS LIKE THAT???