PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360

MustangGT
10-05-2007, 01:44 AM
I'm looking into getting a 360 and would just like to know some opinions. Please, if your comment is something along the lines of "Great system, BUY!" please don't post. Just post if you can contribute to WHY it is so great or bad.

thanks!

Bryce
10-05-2007, 01:53 AM
The Ultimate Question: Xbox360 or Not?

well, i bought one a few months ago, and i have to say, it was definitely worth it...

The 360 has a huge variety of games, the Xbox Live option, and a bunch of other cool features like a built in memory-system and you can set up multiple profiles [in case you have many people playing on it and you fear that they may save over your progress]

if you are looking at it in comparison to Playstation3 and Wii, i would definitely say that the Xbox360 is overlooked, because i personally think it is better than both of those [played all 3]

It has such great graphics and everything, not to mention that it is home ot Halo 3 and the soon-to-come Fable 2....

if you were to get this, i would recommend that before you get ANY other game.... you MUST MUST MUST MUST get "Bioshock"!!!!

that is one of the best games ever made! OMG! i love it! you cannot live your life and not play it, that would just be wrong!

it is a mix of horror-survival & first-person shooter.... and the storyline to it is magnificent! i wouldnt be surprised if they made a movie about it...... go look it up on some video game websites to see what it's all about, cause it is great!

Okay, i hope that i helped in making the decision.... :biggrin:

Tory vs Meaty II
10-05-2007, 01:54 AM
I'm looking into getting a 360 and would just like to know some opinions. Please, if your comment is something along the lines of "Great system, BUY!" please don't post. Just post if you can contribute to WHY it is so great or bad.

thanks!

I really want one, but it is too expensive. I understand it is worth the price. I really want the $449.oo Xbox 360 Elite. My mom said, she will get me one the end of December.

OrexxerO
10-05-2007, 02:49 AM
Well if your a fan of action/adventure games "a la Halo 3 and Gears of War/Oblivion". Then the 360 is for you. It has a huge variety of games.

Just make sure to get x-box live if you get Halo 3 for the 360, otherwise your only playing half the game.

Tamer Marco
10-05-2007, 02:54 AM
Coming from a PS3 fanboy, the 360 is a pretty good system. Its been out for a year, so it has more variety and quality games currently than the other two systems. It isn't a real investment, as there isn't much coming out in 2008 other than multiplatform, and I've had to get mine repaired twice. If you want a quality next-gen experience thats cheaper than the PS3, get a Xbox.

IBeatRyan
10-05-2007, 05:14 AM
It all depends on what you want even though i think the wii is the best. I must say its pretty cool with Xbox live and stuff,If your looking for a second system id get a 360

Kenny_C.002
10-05-2007, 06:01 AM
Goods about Xbox360:
- Great FPS games
- Core system is significantly cheaper than PS3
- Decent (note: not GOOD) selection of games. If you wanted this so called "huge variety", PS2 is this way.

Bads about Xbox360:
- Overall price is more expensive than PS3, if you do consider getting Live and wireless adaptor. In this sense, the PS3 always is better bang for the buck. Wii isn't in the equation due to its nature being different.
- Core system sucks, so while it is significantly cheaper, it's not good
- system easily overheats and red rings, need 65nm falcon chips, which just got rolled in on the Halo 3 special edition 360's. Either get a Halo 3 360, or wait another 6 months so the premium gets the falcon treatment
- Only a decent selection of games, doesn't appeal to the rest of the gaming population, if you're an RPG gamer, skip this system. PS2 (yes, 2, not 3) is the way to go. The other systems currently have a crappy selection of games, if you were wondering.
- PS3 packs so much more power into the system when compared to the 360. If early PS3 games are on par graphically with ~6 month old 360 games, wait until the graphical engines are optimized for the PS3, it WILL be graphically superior to the 360
- Crap Harddrive support. PS3 wins by using laptop harddisks.

By no means is this trying to put down the 360. I'm just making observations myself and reporting them.

Conclusion: overall, the PS2 is currently the best system to get, if you don't have one. The 360 provides a strong current showing right now, but technologically speaking they're only just starting to do things right for the system. They need a price drop as well so they can compete with the PS3. I'm assuming that they will though, considering how much is riding on the 360 winning this console war. I'd wait another 2-3 months to see if microsoft wakes up and puts that sweet price drop first, though.

Tamer Marco
10-05-2007, 12:05 PM
I think there is something we al forgot to mention. :O The PS3 has HDMI cables and a next-gen DVD player standard. You have to pay to get the cables on the 360, and the HD-DVD player isn't even in the Elite, you have to pay $150+ for it.

Kenny made the best comment so far, of course. :P

MustangGT
10-05-2007, 10:34 PM
Well guys, I have playstion 2 already. I'm looking into the 360 because it is a less expensive than a PS3. ALL the games I own are multiplatform games except Gran Turismo 1, 2, 3 and 4. But since playing Forza 2 I've seen that it has more options to choose to make the best of your cars i.e. the ability to switch engines. I love the idea of dropping that Ole' Chevy 454 or a 429 Cobra Jet engine into a new mustang :biggrin::biggrin:

I love Halo also, but besides that I don't do much in terms of FPS or anything much other than sports and racing games.

Need For Speed: ProStreet, 11-5-07, it's gonna rock.

Hypocrisy is Fun
10-06-2007, 08:59 PM
If you guys thought I'd stay out of this thread, you're horribly mistaken.

Bads about Xbox360:
- system easily overheats and red rings, need 65nm falcon chips, which just got rolled in on the Halo 3 special edition 360's. Either get a Halo 3 360, or wait another 6 months so the premium gets the falcon treatment

Honestly, I don't see how everyone gets red rings so often. It's common sense not to put it in a tight space, because just like anything electronic (Like a computer?) it's going to naturally overheat if theres no space.

I'm not saying to put your 360 in the middle of the room, but think about spacing. I've had my 360 since it came out, and not once have I had a problem with it.

- Only a decent selection of games, doesn't appeal to the rest of the gaming population, if you're an RPG gamer, skip this system. PS2 (yes, 2, not 3) is the way to go. The other systems currently have a crappy selection of games, if you were wondering.

The 360 just about covered all the genres. No offense or anything like that, but from my point of view, you like RPG's that I haven't even heard of. Theres a lot of good RPGs on the 360, just not your type of RPG.

- Crap Harddrive support. PS3 wins by using laptop harddisks.

... Any sort of explanation?

Conclusion: overall, the PS2 is currently the best system to get, if you don't have one.

If you're into RPGs, because thats all it really has going for it. Yeah, yeah, Killzone, God of War, it gets a few other decent titles, but they aren't the best. Most Playstation fans are RPG players, you have to admit.

I wonder when 360 criticism will start getting creative.

Kenny_C.002
10-07-2007, 02:56 AM
Honestly, I don't see how everyone gets red rings so often. It's common sense not to put it in a tight space, because just like anything electronic (Like a computer?) it's going to naturally overheat if theres no space.

I'm not saying to put your 360 in the middle of the room, but think about spacing. I've had my 360 since it came out, and not once have I had a problem with it.

And statistically it has a high failure rate, even when used properly. What's your point? My point is that people should wait until falcon chips are standard so this problem drops from "too high" to "not a problem".

FYI, part of the problem was the X-clamps in the 360, which were bad at heat sinking. The 360 also had bad heat sinks for the processor, and the 90nm chips generates more heat than the 65nm chips. Well, they did try to fix the problem in the Elite, where they used "glue" instead of the X-clamps as mounts. It did help with that problem. Now the 65nm chips are being rolled out, people might as well wait for them and have less of a chance to randomly red ring.

The 360 just about covered all the genres. No offense or anything like that, but from my point of view, you like RPG's that I haven't even heard of. Theres a lot of good RPGs on the 360, just not your type of RPG.

No. 360's RPG selection consists of Oblivion, Eternal Sonata, Two Worlds, and Blue Dragon. That's it. Nothing else that's worth a look at (no, Enchanted Arms sucked). Compare this with PS2, the RPG system, with .hack, FF12, Disgaea 2, Soul Nomad, Persona 3, etc. etc. See the selection difference? No only that, the 360 lacks a game that can beat Okami in sheer quality. What about upcoming games? They're all either multiplatform, or it's Fable 2. Granted that Fable 2 likely will be a good game to some extend, this can help with the 360's RPG selection. What more can I say about how dry 360 RPG games are? If you look at upcoming PS3 titles, you'd see Star Ocean, Folklore, Disgaea 3, and Makai Wars. It's already looking better than the 360's offering, especially when 3 of the 4 good RPG games for the 360 is going to be on the PS3, or already is on the PS3, as well.

As for other genres, what do we have? Racing games are all cross platform. Sports games are all cross platform. Fighting games aren't even being released on the 360, aside from Dead or Alive. Exclusives to the 360 essentially comes down to shooters, and that's it. Few other genres of exclusives are there, such as Dead Rising and Katamari. The only games other than Eternal Sonata that I'd give a rat's butt about that's out right now are Viva Pinata and Bioshock. One bombed and the other had less than 15 minutes of fame.

And as an aside rant: wtf is with all this so called "hardcore" gamers out there? By the old definition, I'm what is considered to be hardcore. I read blogs like Insert Credit, for goodness sake. Nowadays "hardcore" is the equivalent of "Halo player", and good games like Okami and Valkyrie Profile don't even get a second blink before getting passed as "not cool". Hardcore? Hardcore my butt.

... Any sort of explanation?

The PS3 accepts any SATA laptop harddrives (aka cheap). 360 accepts the crappy Microsoft "ultra rip off" harddrives. Don't say that this isn't needed, because there are many people that use the systems for multimedia. And speaking of multimedia, we get to the blu-ray vs. 360's regular DVD (the add-on costs money, remember, so if you say that the 360's on par with the PS3 with is HD DVD, you lose the argument that the 360 is cheaper than the PS3). Seriously, X years down the line, the games would be coming out on HD DVD and blu ray due to the trend of games getting bigger and bigger due to graphical demands. In this sense, this means that the 360 loses its price advantage in the near future. When it loses this price advantage, more problems would ensue, as people would start realizing that the costs for all this crap for he 360 makes it cost way more than the PS3.

If you're into RPGs, because thats all it really has going for it. Yeah, yeah, Killzone, God of War, it gets a few other decent titles, but they aren't the best. Most Playstation fans are RPG players, you have to admit.

You also have to note that PS2 already had a crapload of blockbusters already during its lifespan, which were considered to be the best of their respective genres when they came out. The 360 only managed to capture the FPS genre and that's about it. As I said, I'm not a fan of either console. I just go where the games are. I'll still get the first system to port Idolm@ster over. And speaking of that, PS3 is region-free, vs. 360, which isn't. You can import PS3 games, but not 360 games.

I wonder when 360 criticism will start getting creative.

To be creative you first have to address the obvious first. You haven't even gotten that down yet.

OrexxerO
10-07-2007, 03:14 AM
if you're an RPG gamer, skip this system.

Not true. Oblivion alone is good enough reason for it. That and if your a FPS nut-------->Halo 3.

And the overheating thing is just as Shadow said. Don't put it in a confined space. And for like not that much money you can get a attachment that cools it down really well.

The 360 had a near simutaneous launch across all continents, and therefore is a year ahead of PS3 and Wii.

As for a reason not to get the PS3...this sums it up

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5178904324438097756&q=PS3+Song&total=3754&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=0

:biggrin:

Honestly though, right now the 360 is the way to go. It has the best variety of games for any console so far. The PS3 will need a year or two to speed up.

Hypocrisy is Fun
10-07-2007, 03:18 AM
And statistically it has a high failure rate, even when used properly. What's your point? My point is that people should wait until falcon chips are standard so this problem drops from "too high" to "not a problem".

FYI, part of the problem was the X-clamps in the 360, which were bad at heat sinking. The 360 also had bad heat sinks for the processor, and the 90nm chips generates more heat than the 65nm chips. Well, they did try to fix the problem in the Elite, where they used "glue" instead of the X-clamps as mounts. It did help with that problem. Now the 65nm chips are being rolled out, people might as well wait for them and have less of a chance to randomly red ring.

Kenny, I'm 99.9% an Xbox isn't going to just "randomly red ring." It just doesn't work like that. There will be signs of problems before you hit red ring, and when there is, you should do something about it.

No. 360's RPG selection consists of Oblivion, Eternal Sonata, Two Worlds, and Blue Dragon. That's it. Nothing else that's worth a look at (no, Enchanted Arms sucked). Compare this with PS2, the RPG system, with .hack, FF12, Disgaea 2, Soul Nomad, Persona 3, etc. etc. See the selection difference? No only that, the 360 lacks a game that can beat Okami in sheer quality. What about upcoming games? They're all either multiplatform, or it's Fable 2. Granted that Fable 2 likely will be a good game to some extend, this can help with the 360's RPG selection. What more can I say about how dry 360 RPG games are? If you look at upcoming PS3 titles, you'd see Star Ocean, Folklore, Disgaea 3, and Makai Wars. It's already looking better than the 360's offering, especially when 3 of the 4 good RPG games for the 360 is going to be on the PS3, or already is on the PS3, as well.

I think you're forgetting Phantasy Star, FFXI, and other games to be released. It doesn't have the biggest selection, but it does have some pretty damn good ones. Not to mention games still on their way like Fable 2.

As for other genres, what do we have? Racing games are all cross platform. Sports games are all cross platform. Fighting games aren't even being released on the 360, aside from Dead or Alive. Exclusives to the 360 essentially comes down to shooters, and that's it. Few other genres of exclusives are there, such as Dead Rising and Katamari. The only games other than Eternal Sonata that I'd give a rat's butt about that's out right now are Viva Pinata and Bioshock. One bombed and the other had less than 15 minutes of fame.

The PS3 accepts any SATA laptop harddrives (aka cheap). 360 accepts the crappy Microsoft "ultra rip off" harddrives. Don't say that this isn't needed, because there are many people that use the systems for multimedia. And speaking of multimedia, we get to the blu-ray vs. 360's regular DVD (the add-on costs money, remember, so if you say that the 360's on par with the PS3 with is HD DVD, you lose the argument that the 360 is cheaper than the PS3). Seriously, X years down the line, the games would be coming out on HD DVD and blu ray due to the trend of games getting bigger and bigger due to graphical demands. In this sense, this means that the 360 loses its price advantage in the near future. When it loses this price advantage, more problems would ensue, as people would start realizing that the costs for all this crap for he 360 makes it cost way more than the PS3.

The 360 does multi media, too. It can't take in those harddrives, true, but you can have pictures, music, and videos on it. If your computer has a windows media program thing, all you have to do is connect your computer/laptop with a usb cable.

Alright, PS3 was thinking more long-term. I'll give you that. But I'll also come back with what the PS2 fans did with the original Xbox fans. Ahem:

The 360 came out over a year before the PS3.

You also have to note that PS2 already had a crapload of blockbusters already during its lifespan, which were considered to be the best of their respective genres when they came out. The 360 only managed to capture the FPS genre and that's about it. As I said, I'm not a fan of either console. I just go where the games are. I'll still get the first system to port Idolm@ster over. And speaking of that, PS3 is region-free, vs. 360, which isn't. You can import PS3 games, but not 360 games.

So the 360 lost a few games, big deal. Most games on the 360 are out everywhere. I'd much rather have a game I can understand anyway.

To be creative you first have to address the obvious first. You haven't even gotten that down yet.

This has all been the same old stuff for what, two years now?

I don't like arguing with you, but you just aren't giving the 360 enough credit.

My replies are in bold.

Kenny_C.002
10-07-2007, 07:01 AM
Not true. Oblivion alone is good enough reason for it. That and if your a FPS nut-------->Halo 3.

Oblivion is out on PC, PS3, and 360. That point is moot by that simple fact. Halo 3 is not as good as Bioshock anyway. And by Bioshock, I mean System Shock 2 with a new coat of paint.

And the overheating thing is just as Shadow said. Don't put it in a confined space. And for like not that much money you can get a attachment that cools it down really well.

The 360 had a near simutaneous launch across all continents, and therefore is a year ahead of PS3 and Wii.

As for a reason not to get the PS3...this sums it up

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5178904324438097756&q=PS3+Song&total=3754&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=0

:biggrin:

1. Paying for something that should have not been a problem in the first place isn't a good idea. Mind you, the PS3 is a loud machine, much louder than the 360, due to the fan power it needs to cool down. MS, however, is fixing this problem by using the falcon chips. Again, I don't see why you're trying to defend this position when there isn't a position to defend in the first place.
2. Yes, the year is there. And Microsoft hasn't capitalized on it. The PS started off by taking Square Soft to develop FF7 on their system, and made Sony THE RPG place. This held true for many other different genre of games as well, such as platformers. The problem is that I haven't seen genre kings being developed for the 360 with the exception of FPS games. That's the main difference. Again, I don't really give a damn on how any of the 3 systems are doing. The 1 year difference didn't help the 360 when it faced off against the Wii.

Oh, and here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZQA2zGihCs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrjQ7joYHi0

Gotta be fair, right? ;)

Honestly though, right now the 360 is the way to go. It has the best variety of games for any console so far. The PS3 will need a year or two to speed up.

Agreed, though the only real driving factor for me to get a PS3 is simply Disgaea 3, Star Ocean, and Eternal Sonata (the better edition). >.>

For the 360, only really Blue Dragon, Katamari, and Eternal Sonata.

In either case, I'd rather stay on the PS2 for as long as possible. It's gonna suck when Atlus and NIS move next-gen...

Kenny, I'm 99.9% an Xbox isn't going to just "randomly red ring." It just doesn't work like that. There will be signs of problems before you hit red ring, and when there is, you should do something about it.

That's what's been happening, actually. And I don't actually understand why you're even bothering to argue this point in the first place. This "downside" is already going to be erased (most likely) within 6 months anyway.

I think you're forgetting Phantasy Star, FFXI, and other games to be released. It doesn't have the biggest selection, but it does have some pretty damn good ones. Not to mention games still on their way like Fable 2.

Phantasy Star Universe? *chuckle* Seriously, Phantasy Star Universe is signs that Sega's crapping out after several horrifically bad Sonic games. Besides that point, it was multiplatform, and the PS2 version is more appropriate due to a) price difference, and b) the lack of a need for increased power to run the game.

FFXI is also multiplatform, and is an MMO that can't compare to WoW. Do I need to say more about this?

Unfortunately, the only RPG game that isn't multiplatform and is any good that's coming out is Fable 2, and Blue Dragon is the only RPG game out right now that's exclusive AND is good. What Microsoft needs to do to get on track is to push cash to the developers in Japan to push out polished RPGs, because they're going to put it on the PS3 due to a higher install base. This goes the same for all of the other genres. What they need are genre kings of other genres, not more from the same genre. Blue Dragon was a step in the right direction.

The 360 does multi media, too. It can't take in those harddrives, true, but you can have pictures, music, and videos on it. If your computer has a windows media program thing, all you have to do is connect your computer/laptop with a usb cable.

Alright, PS3 was thinking more long-term. I'll give you that. But I'll also come back with what the PS2 fans did with the original Xbox fans. Ahem:

The 360 came out over a year before the PS3.

1. Windows is a piece of crap.
2. Using your laptop/computer to connect to your gaming system defeats the purpose of making the gaming system a multimedia center in the first place.
Don't get me wrong, I don't think 360 nor PS3 has the right idea to make themselves multimedia machines in either case. I personally think that the Wii's simplicity actually won out against the other two systems in that aspect.

So the 360 lost a few games, big deal. Most games on the 360 are out everywhere. I'd much rather have a game I can understand anyway.

Right. Remember my rant on hardcore-ness? PS3 caters more to the hardcore market simply by lifting region settings. I'm basically saying that Microsoft is dumb in this aspect: DRM fails in every possible aspect, from music CD's to DVD's. 360 is no exception to that rule. Wii is no exception to that rule either.

I don't like arguing with you, but you just aren't giving the 360 enough credit.

That's actually not a valid response. I don't give ANY of the three next-gen platforms credit. Wii has 2-3 games out that are good. PS3 has just power and value and no substance under it. 360 is largely catering to a single market and has yet to capitalize on its 1-year head start. No system wins. In fact, if I have to pick a winner, I pick Wii simply because it has a larger install base than the other 2.

Callum
10-07-2007, 09:44 AM
That's actually not a valid response. I don't give ANY of the three next-gen platforms credit. Wii has 2-3 games out that are good. PS3 has just power and value and no substance under it. 360 is largely catering to a single market and has yet to capitalize on its 1-year head start. No system wins. In fact, if I have to pick a winner, I pick Wii simply because it has a larger install base than the other 2.

On the basis of actually HAVING FUN, and not technicality, I'd say my 360 was well worth the buy. I don't play it as much as I'd like to, but when I do I thoroughly enjoy it. It is enjoyable playing on your own, or with a group of friends or family. I disagree with what you said about catering to a single market. My whole family enjoys such games as Halo 3, and GH2. When you see my nan rocking out on GH2, that's something else. =P

My thoughts - Worth the buy. :D

Kenny_C.002
10-07-2007, 06:33 PM
On the basis of actually HAVING FUN, and not technicality, I'd say my 360 was well worth the buy. I don't play it as much as I'd like to, but when I do I thoroughly enjoy it. It is enjoyable playing on your own, or with a group of friends or family. I disagree with what you said about catering to a single market. My whole family enjoys such games as Halo 3, and GH2. When you see my nan rocking out on GH2, that's something else. =P

My thoughts - Worth the buy. :D
And the general populace don't give the 360 a spin, and would rather play Wii Sports, on the basis of having fun, of course. The 360 was DESIGNED for the 18-~30 crowd, who are "hardcore". Specifically speaking, the 360 was made with FPS as the first thing in mind. And again, I must stress that what you need to use for comparisons in the games department is simply exclusives. As long as GH2 is multiplatform, it is NOT a reason to get a 360 for it, since everybody already has it on the PS2. Halo 3 was designed not as a family game, but rather a game with its entire basis on the "hardcore" market. You and I both know that. Don't use a single case study to generalize, ever, under my jurisdiction.

My thoughts: if one wants to have fun with your family, Wii kicks the living daylights out of the 360, hands down, no questions asked. If that isn't in that person's mind at all, the other 2 systems would be worth a look. When that is the case, that person would have to look at what types of games he/she wants to play, and whether or not he/she feels the higher price of the 360 in the long term is justified in comparison to the PS3's higher price in the short term. Yes, money is a factor for many people, even with fun in mind.

The major point is really simply whether you like games from the East (PS3) or games from the West (360), and the genres such as FPS (360) or RPG (PS3). As I said, I don't like the fact that I'll eventually have to get both systems in the future, but at least I feel better getting more value from the PS3, as a personal opinion. My opinions will sway toward the console that gets Idolm@ster localized first, as previously stated (hurray for fanboyism).

Edit: A new bundle's coming out for the 360: Forza AND Marvel Ultimate Alliance at the same price as the other bundles. Might as well wait for that if you're getting it. No word on whether the new bundle will have the falcon chips though.

Volvagia Master
10-15-2007, 03:15 AM
Get a 360.

Why? A large variety of games, good amount of system memory and that jazz. But get these games for it:

Blue Dragon, Halo 3, Elder 4: Oblivion and Bioshock.
Seeing as Resident Evil 5 wont come out till next year Bioshock is your best bet. Halo 3 is awesome if a bit short. Blue Dragon is basically a modified version of FF6. Had everything that makes a RPG excellent and Oblivion is also amazing but the storyline could have been better.

Tamer Marco
10-16-2007, 11:13 PM
Well, one of the major reasons why Bioshock is generally better percived better is because of a few reasons, that are justifiable, but easily countered.

-Despite it having multiplayer, what Bioshock does in the single-player campaign is signifigantly better than Halo 3's campaign.

-Bioshock blurs the line a bit between FPS and RPG genres.

-It isn't a trilogy, and doesn't truly have the backing and support of a multi-billion dollar company we all know as Microsoft.

If you want to put it as plainly as possible, Bioshock had more quality, where Halo 3 had more quantity with the multiplayer aspect.

Don't get me wrong, they're both awesome games, but there are others that will be better than both of them.

GTA
MGS
Crysis
COD4
Mass Effect

And...Orange Box has five games for 60 bucks... you can't beat that. Also, I hope none of you have forgotten Assassin's Creed. :P

Hypocrisy is Fun
10-17-2007, 02:48 AM
COD4 is the only other FPS you have on there. And it's going to suck. :|

Stop with the genre comparing. :[

Tamer Marco
10-17-2007, 03:15 AM
lol

Orange Box has 3 shooters in it, and you could consider MGS4 an FPS once you get into an alert phase. :P

But Call Of Duty 4 seems really intense on all fronts, even multiplayer. I could see it surpass Halo in terms of story and gameplay.

Hypocrisy is Fun
10-17-2007, 03:34 AM
The orange box is filled with old orange games.

COD is just generic, it's game play is exciting but it's just modern warfare. Personally, you know I wanted another WWII game. It'll never have the same feel or excitement the Halo universe has. It's futuristic and has a lot of very new feels to it that no other game has touched.

Tamer Marco
10-17-2007, 03:46 AM
If I shot another Nazi, I swear to God I was gonna destroy my game controller.

I think Modern Warfare is a big step (and risky) change for the series, but it was really for the better of it. The majority of people wanted to have their cake and eat it too- keep playing World War II games, while getting Modern Warfare from somewhere else.

In a term of feeling the story, you're right. Nobody has touched Halo- in the FPS genre. If COD4 is generic, then you could say the same for Ghost Recon. Remember, it isn't out yet, every detail hasn't been leaked, and it'll have some awesome gameplay.

OrexxerO
10-17-2007, 03:59 AM
COD4 looks fine to me. I probably won't get it, because it still looks like the other CoD's in terms of graphics and gameplay. Thats why I got sick of the COD games. All in World War 2, and all generally the same.

Hypocrisy is Fun
10-17-2007, 04:23 AM
If I shot another Nazi, I swear to God I was gonna destroy my game controller.

I think Modern Warfare is a big step (and risky) change for the series, but it was really for the better of it. The majority of people wanted to have their cake and eat it too- keep playing World War II games, while getting Modern Warfare from somewhere else.

In a term of feeling the story, you're right. Nobody has touched Halo- in the FPS genre. If COD4 is generic, then you could say the same for Ghost Recon. Remember, it isn't out yet, every detail hasn't been leaked, and it'll have some awesome gameplay.

Personally, I'm not into any real modern warfare because it's just... Uninteresting. Theres nothing in it that really stands out, because it's really hard to pull off a story and environment that's supposed to take place in the near future. Counter-Strike is my only exception to this.