PDA

View Full Version : Politics.

Professor Geoffrey
10-08-2007, 12:56 AM
Now, please don't talk about politics or anything, because it might start a flame war, and this is just for seeing what "side" you are on. Don't go too deep on why you are a Republican, Democrat, or Independent.

I am a Republican. I believe there should be certain restrictions on abortion, and a lot of Democrats I've heard of have gone loony. And everyone knows elephants are better than donkeys, anyway. :rolleyes:

No offense to all Democrats out there. I have friends that are Democrats...

Tory vs Meaty II
10-08-2007, 03:03 AM
I am a Independent. Why? Some terms that I aggree with Republicans, and Democrats, some of them I don't aggree on. I want to say some more reasons, but I shouldn't, I might get into a flame war. I don't want to get any further.

Cybernetic Ghost
10-08-2007, 03:10 AM
Independent. The Christian Right pisses me off, and Democrats can't get anything done, and a lot of them don't even seem like they really stand for what they say they do. I'm far more liberal then conservative, but I dislike the majority of the main two political parties.

Professor Geoffrey
10-08-2007, 03:15 AM
I am a Independent. Why? Some terms that I aggree with Republicans, and Democrats, some of them I don't aggree on. I want to say some more reasons, but I shouldn't, I might get into a flame war. I don't want to get any further.

It's the same thing with a lot of people. I mean, there are a lot of people that agree with the Democrats and the Republicans, depending on the situation. Take George W. Bush, our current president, for instance. I can bet you a million dollars that there is at least one Democrat out there that like him. Most of my family are Republicans, and we believe he was the best person who ran for president at the time, and will do everything right. Not to get into a flame war, but he's doing something right and wrong at the same time; keeping our troops in Iraq. If we pull out now, they will come after us, and that can be fatal. So, here's a very sick comparison to make: Our US Army, or the 300 million+ people here in America, plus the US Army? I've even seen people who are not in my family who has agreed with me.

Tory vs Meaty II
10-08-2007, 03:43 AM
It's the same thing with a lot of people. I mean, there are a lot of people that agree with the Democrats and the Republicans, depending on the situation. Take George W. Bush, our current president, for instance. I can bet you a million dollars that there is at least one Democrat out there that like him. Most of my family are Republicans, and we believe he was the best person who ran for president at the time, and will do everything right. Not to get into a flame war, but he's doing something right and wrong at the same time; keeping our troops in Iraq. If we pull out now, they will come after us, and that can be fatal. So, here's a very sick comparison to make: Our US Army, or the 300 million+ people here in America, plus the US Army?

In my (full) family, the Republican, and the Democrat rate is equaled. My family (full) is kinda mixed up. I never hated George Bush, I don't hate anyone. But it was just this one day that I said "Atheism? I hate them all." [in my old Team Neon thread]. I was wrong for saying that. I was just new to that. I don't hate them, I was just angry that day. Everyone has the right to believe in anything they want to believe. I do not judge on any religions, sex nature, disability, race, or background. About Katriena storm, it was really the govenor of Louisiana fault. George Bush was mostly focusing on the war to protect our country.

I know a lot of people hate George Bush. But I really think he is a great president. He's first year amazed me. ~ Wait for someone to ask the "What is the difference between a democrat and a republican?" Question, look here:

{Democrat} (http://ontheissues.org/Dem_Platform_2004.htm)
{Rebublican} (http://ontheissues.org/2004_GOP_Platform.htm)

I'm still not going to discuss more about, "the main reason(s) why I'm a Independent". :wink:

EDIT: wow, just found pretty much all of my facts are republican.

earth_type_rule
10-08-2007, 06:57 AM
I don't live in the states >=[

Dragon01
10-08-2007, 07:26 AM
I don't live in the states:susp: I want to though, it better then the U.K >:(

Stubby Boardman
10-08-2007, 11:29 AM
immore of a republican and also in the not sure area as well

Mewchirio
10-08-2007, 05:25 PM
Don't live in the US of A, don't want to...

Mewchirio

Lucavi
10-08-2007, 05:53 PM
I don't live in the States, but the only time I've voted here in New Zealand was for a protectionist candidate (A position I'll always keep). So, if I was to vote in the US, then I'd most likely do so for the closest one to that.

karmachameleon
10-08-2007, 09:09 PM
I don't really like the idea of parties because they somewhat generalize a whole group of people with different ideas. If I had to choose one that I would associate myself with, it would probably be Democratic.

George Bush does have a funny accent, though.

Charbok
10-08-2007, 09:13 PM
Geoffrey: "Don't go too deep on why you are a Republican, Democrat, or Independent"

Geoffrey: "I am a Republican. I believe there should be certain restrictions on abortion, and a lot of Democrats I've heard of have gone loony."

These to statements cannot coexist.

I for one, agree mostly with the Independent Party, but I'd vote for democrats because the Independent Party has a nil chance of winning anyway.

Tamer Marco
10-08-2007, 09:22 PM
Honestly, all the politicians in Washington today are just a bunch of old windbags that only use their power for their own interest.

I would think i'm for neither, but I do like some of the issues that each party raises, I just don't like either as a whole.

Woodchuck
10-08-2007, 09:23 PM
I'm a Republican.

I haven't got much more to say than that... :neutral:

Lord Voldemort
10-10-2007, 12:20 AM
I'm moderate. I'm definitely not Liberal or Conservative, since I think both of them have some fine points.
I might even go to being a bit more Libertian.

Llama Commando
10-10-2007, 02:00 AM
I am am very conservative republican, but don't think I dislike democrats. Most of my friends are democrats. I don't really like what Bush has done in his 2nd term, but I doubt I will ever come close to becoming Democratic. Once again, I don't dislike democrats and I'm not interested in flame wars.

Draconic_Espeon
10-10-2007, 02:19 AM
Jeez, I dunno. =/ Sometimes I agree with one party, sometimes the other. I'm a firm believer in voting for the person you think is best suited to take office, whether they be Democratic, Republican, or Independant.