PDA

View Full Version : Phantom Hourglass

dragonite0943
10-09-2007, 03:28 AM
So, I recently picked up The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass. I just finished it this night at 10/8/07. The only thing I have to say is... IT'S THE BEST FREAKIN' GAME I'VE EVER PLAYED!!! But seriously I've been a heavy fan of the series since its debut. I love every aspect of the game. When I first heard that Link was gonna be controlled by touch screen I thought, "Oh no, that's not right at all!" But, it is an extremely immersive storyline with a few minor plot twists, incredible boss battles, innovitive new ways to use the touch screen, characters have lots of personality (especially Linebeck! I love that guy!), and the tap and shoot ship cannon control is ingenious. I think that the Zelda series' true home is on the DS. Anyone else feel this way?

Seawolf
10-12-2007, 12:59 AM
Heh, Linebeck is such a jerk. :tongue:

I do not think Hourglass is the best Zelda game at all, or even close to it, but I really admire this game for all of the risks that it took (and actually pulled off). The touch screen actions work beautifully, and the graphics make it seem just like the world of Wind Waker. I would not mind seeing another Zelda title like this on the DS, although I will admit I am much more interested in seeing something more like Ocarina or Twilight Princess on an actual game system.

I am not even halfway through the game, though, so I suppose I should not even be reviewing it right now.

Hoshika
10-12-2007, 01:20 AM
Heh, Linebeck is such a jerk. :tongue:

You should see what doofy things Linebeck does later on in the game. XP

I am officially the first person to beat the game in my school starting from October 6, 2007. Yes I beat it already. [/brag]

pokeman
10-13-2007, 02:29 PM
Is it anything like twilight princess? Cause if it is I will surley buy it

Seawolf
10-14-2007, 04:36 AM
Is it anything like twilight princess? Cause if it is I will surley buy it

It is basically a Wind Waker sequel, so... not really. :oops:

EDIT: I had no idea there was another thread for this, sorry!

Venusaur456
10-14-2007, 12:11 PM
I'm going to get this game today. I could've got it 2 times already, but *sighs* my mom keeps delaying.

Hypocrisy is Fun
10-15-2007, 04:34 AM
Wind Waker was my favorite... Yet I have no money for this. It makes me sad. :(

Seawolf
10-18-2007, 07:48 PM
Does anyone know how to get the last Sea Chart? I went to B7, B8, and B9 of the Ocean Temple, but it results in a dead end. :oops:

Stinky
10-18-2007, 08:14 PM
Does anyone know how to get the last Sea Chart? I went to B7, B8, and B9 of the Ocean Temple, but it results in a dead end. :oops:

To get past that, put the crystals in in the order of:

square, circle, triangle.

Hope I helped. ^.^

Todd6
10-18-2007, 08:29 PM

Hope I helped. ^.^
I have the game anyone want to play wi-fi pm me.

SunshineWingull
10-18-2007, 09:24 PM
Sigh... Yes! Only ONE MORE DAY until I get to play this game...AGAIN! Yay, and with a working DS, too. :happy:(getting killed by FLYING FISH here, and my screen can't calibrate for some reason, called Nintendo, got my a replacement DS)

(friend knocks on door) GASP! Throw some dynamite out there and lock the doors. ...NO, DON'T LIGHT IT! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, IDIOTS!! No, that's just to scare them aw- (DS and herself gets blown up)

Todd6
10-18-2007, 09:33 PM
Sigh... Yes! Only ONE MORE DAY until I get to play this game...AGAIN! Yay, and with a working DS, too. :happy:(getting killed by FLYING FISH here, and my screen can't calibrate for some reason, called Nintendo, got my a replacement DS)

Thats cool now you can play the best game ever for the DS.

Seawolf
10-18-2007, 09:45 PM

Hope I helped. ^.^

Ah, thank you very much.

EDIT: On the Isle of Ruin now, or whatever it was called.

SunshineWingull
10-19-2007, 01:56 AM
Thats cool now you can play the best game ever for the DS.

Already had it, like, 2 weeks ago. :tongue: DS broke... :sad:

leyf
10-19-2007, 02:10 AM
i played multiplayer battle with my friend on that game.
it was incredibly fun

SunshineWingull
10-19-2007, 10:53 AM
Sorta like Pokemon's, only not too beneficial...! Not my vid, I know, so the music's... Aw, you'll see.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quW7ljPmzmU&mode=related&search=The%20Legend%20Of%20Zelda%20Wind%20Waker%20 Telescope%20Glitch%20LoZ%20WW%20Twilight%20Princes s%20Ocarina%20Time%20Majora%27s%20Mask%20Phantom%2 0Hourglass

Lubz
10-23-2007, 06:48 AM
I picked up a copy of the Phantom Hourglass yesterday (I also traded in my black DS for the Crimson/Black one)
and I haven't been able to put it down. ^^; I'm so far behind in Diamond and .hack//G.U.
I've never played Zelda much but some of this game's puzzle solving is just grand. I just got to the part where i have to transfer the symbol to the map (sensorship is fun) but being used to the World Championships 2007 game play I spent around 15 minutes trying to drag-and-drop the symbol to the map. Then I got an idea, saying to myself 'there's no way..' I closed the DS and it worked. =.=

The DS continues to surprise me with not only the touch screen play, but also the mic and even the pause system effects on games.

(It's almost 3 am and my English is terrible so please forgive any grammar mistakes ^^;)

SunshineWingull
11-03-2007, 03:44 PM
CURSES, BELLUM! I can't get Ciela to release a 2nd...er...3rd Phantom Sphere. I've tried locking swords with him again, but it won't work! Stuck, BIG-TIME. Also, when I do hit him in the back when his eye's open with a Great Spin Attack, He turns around so quick that the pixels literally jumped over, so it wasn't really even ANIMATED!

P.S. That's what you're supposed to do. Like copying ink onto another sheet.

P.S.S. Too late, I beat him...twice.

P.S.S.S. To get the Swordsman's Scroll (this is complicated, so listen up), you must have the last Sea Chart (after beating the 5th visit to the Temple of the Ocean King) and find another Traveler's Ship. It should look...gay...inside. Beat the monsters and talk to the weird-looking man. It'll take a few conversations, but eventually he'll ask if you want something normal or mysterious. Select "Mysterious" and he'll give you the Hero's New Clothes (and a Treasure Map). Now, go to the ugly, Wind Waker Link-impersonating man and give him the clothes. He'll give you a Telescope. Go over to the HoHos' ship and the bottom-left one will want the Telescope. Give it to him. He'll give you a Guard Notebook. Now, on the VERY first Traveler's Ship you entered in to ENTIRE GAME, defeat those monsters and give the man his Guard Notebook. He'll give you a Wood Heart. Take it to the Old Wayfarer on Bannan Island and he won't be there. Joanne will tell you he's at sea. Find yet ANOTHER ship, board it, and talk to the Old Wayfarer. Say you did find romance on the seas and he will take the Wood Heart. He tells you there's a chest at his house waiting for you! Dash back over, fight the Giant Eye Plant, and go inside. You got the Swordsman's Scroll! Now you can use the Great Spin Attack.