PDA

View Full Version : Do you use moves that raise/lower stats during Battle?

Cooltrainer Jennifer
10-10-2007, 12:55 AM
When your battling trainers/gym leaders/elite 4 etc.. do you use moves like Agility, Sand-Attack, Growl, Tail-whip (cant think of any more...). Do they really help in battle?

dragonite0943
10-10-2007, 01:24 AM
When your battling trainers/gym leaders/elite 4 etc.. do you use moves like Agility, Sand-Attack, Growl, Tail-whip (cant think of any more...). Do they really help in battle?

Yes, they help considerably based on if you need an edge or not. Like an already slow physical attacker or wall could use Curse to help a lot. If you don't know they temporarlly raise your stats. Some 1 level others 2 levels. My pesonal favorite attack raiser is Swords Dance. Dragon's Dance is a great move for Dragonite.

Leman
10-10-2007, 02:24 AM
Yes. I use them.

Cybernetic Ghost
10-10-2007, 05:31 AM
Depends. If I'm going to switch out later or if I can OHKO w/o it, no, but if I'm power training it and I want to sweep the team, then of course. Saves PP on other moves if you do something like Swords/Dragon Dance.

Beech Daly
10-10-2007, 07:18 AM
Against Ninjask and Shuckle... you need them. Swords Dance, Nasty Plot, Dragon Dance and Agility very necessary, to keep up with such of their already uber-type stats.

Fire Away
10-10-2007, 10:20 PM
Against Ninjask and Shuckle... you need them. Swords Dance, Nasty Plot, Dragon Dance and Agility very necessary, to keep up with such of their already uber-type stats.

Meh, by the time you finally catch up to Ninjask's speed he'll have already B-passed his way out of there, pretty much unscathed since you spent time trying to even out your speed. In the case of Ninjask, it's priority moves that get the job done.

Anyways, yes. I do use them. There's usually at least one boosting move on my team. I don't do it on purpose, but it just happens that way.

PaPeRpLaNe
10-11-2007, 12:01 AM
Bludgeoning you way through battle with just offensive moves doesn't work too well.

Spongebob Number One Fan
10-11-2007, 12:47 AM
Bludgeoning you way through battle with just offensive moves doesn't work too well.
No, it doesn't. for ingame, my pokemon know all attack moves. After that, I start using blisseys and umbreons and skarms...the pokemon that aren't attackers. For ingame it works, but it's lol in competitive. Strategy>>>>>>>>>power. The only downside to pokemon like CMcune and cursepert is that a ch hurts a lot...

dragonite0943
10-11-2007, 01:02 AM
Trying at a Shuckle without stat-boosters is horrendously thick!

Ataro
10-21-2007, 05:42 PM
I don't really use them since I normally train my mons nearly 10 level higer than the Elites'. I usually just attack away. Those moves are actually more effective for competitive battling since ingame battling should be and will be fast and easier.