PDA

View Full Version : Hooky? x.X

Bryce
10-12-2007, 07:20 PM
hey people,

we have all played hooky before, whether it be from school, work, or whatever.... (don't try denying it xD)

Let us know about your experience... or experiences (for all you frequent trouble-makers l0l)

Lati-Chan2000
10-12-2007, 07:25 PM
I remember back in 7th grade, I overslept and I wasn't able to catch the bus. I didn't let anyone know, so I decided to not worry about it. Bad idea... We have dial-up, so I was on the internet for the whole morning and when my school called my mom telling me that I wasn't there, she couldn't get in touch with me. o-o

When she came home, oh man I was in so much trouble...

Tamer Marco
10-12-2007, 07:45 PM
My God, I've skipped school so many times in Middle School, it was actually a surprise when I would show up.

I love it.

Treeky111
10-12-2007, 07:58 PM
Well... I've done this many times. :D Best Idea EVER!!!! You know that stuff that docters sometimes use tomake you Vommit. Well... My mom also keeps a Jug of it in the medicine cabinet. I always keep a little bottle in my pocket. (mom doesnt know!) A couple times a month i'll pretend to drop my pencil and then pick it up but, i take the bottle out of my pocket and drink it. Then keep it in my mouth for about 5 minutes then SWALLOW. I Puke every time! I'm sent home numorous times. Hahahahaha! Oh, and my mom never notices the jug getting less full over and over. She thinks i have a problem or something. :goofy::goofy::goofy:

Bryce
10-12-2007, 10:12 PM
well, the reason i asked is because i played Hooky today... l0l =]

we have this mini-family reunion going on this weekend & we were gonna have to go to school today, but i was like, "c'mon, we never get to see our cousins, let us stay home." (but i really HATE my cousins, i just wanted to stay home) it worked l0l

what i do about 3-4 times a year is just pretend to be sick & mope around & act all hurting and stuff, and since i rarely ever stay out of school, and because i have all A's, My mom doesnt suspect that i am lying & she lets me stay home EVERY time..... my parents trust me so much, but there is SO much stuff that they dont know about xD.... *shakes head* gullible fools... l0l

Shadow Eevee
10-12-2007, 11:58 PM
Well... I've done this many times. :D Best Idea EVER!!!! You know that stuff that docters sometimes use tomake you Vommit. Well... My mom also keeps a Jug of it in the medicine cabinet. I always keep a little bottle in my pocket. (mom doesnt know!) A couple times a month i'll pretend to drop my pencil and then pick it up but, i take the bottle out of my pocket and drink it. Then keep it in my mouth for about 5 minutes then SWALLOW. I Puke every time! I'm sent home numorous times. Hahahahaha! Oh, and my mom never notices the jug getting less full over and over. She thinks i have a problem or something. :goofy::goofy::goofy:

Won't that develop anorexia?

Well, mine was a accidental hooky.

I threw up, and I still went to school. I felt light headed after 1st period, so I went to the nurse. Then I went home. Turns out I was just hungry. :p

Mitsuzo-kun
10-13-2007, 12:05 AM
Won't that develop anorexia?

Anorexia is being severely underweight. Bulimia is when you purposely make yourself vomit.

I did once. It was in 3rd grade. I was bored as hell, so when no one was looking, I made myself throw up and got sent home.

Shadow Eevee
10-13-2007, 01:17 AM
Oops. Won't people get suspicous?

Tory vs Meaty II
10-13-2007, 01:20 AM
Hooky is like... skipping school, then visit another place at that time right? If it is also: "don't feel like going to school that day," then yes I did.

Hairspray Queen
10-13-2007, 01:22 AM
Who the hell uses the word "hooky" anymore?:crackup:

Anyway, no special stories with me... a cop once picked my friends and I up and brought us back to school all because we left an hour early from school.:rolleyes: Just thought it was a bit excessive.

Wandering Mew
10-13-2007, 01:41 AM
The closest thing to hooky I've ever done is "exaggerate my illness", or tell my mom I feel sicker than I really am. I'm the "good kid" (for the most part XD) so it works nearly every time.

Also, one time I felt like I was gonna throw up in school. I ran into the stall but didn't puke. This hall moniter saw me though and asked me if I was sick, and I said "I think so". Next thing I know I'm in a wheelchair being brought to the nurse's office. o_O I kept telling them I felt fine but they sent me home anyways.

RonRaygunX3
10-13-2007, 02:38 AM
Never really played "Hooky".

But I have just stayed home cause I didn't feel like going to school, and told my parents I was sick.

Xlugon Pyro
10-13-2007, 03:11 AM
When I want to stay home, my mom always lets me. I go to school most of the time though.

theEND
10-13-2007, 03:41 AM
Play Hooky? Now that I recall of the term, I'd have to say the closest thing to Hooky which I've ever done was that one day of school missing. I followed my parents when going to the market in which my parents owned one day. Once I got there, my Mom had a little sparkle about school, and asked me if I had school today.

"Yes."

I can't remember much after that, as I was pretty young back then. That's probably the only day where I ever missed school. =/

I don't know if you're joking or not, but if you aren't, haven't you noticed that it isn't healthy for you? O.o Vomitting is a practice in which will scar the internal organs of your body, due to the fact that you "upchuck" several objects (Food and stuff) along with the stomach acids (Which cling to the walls of your esophagus on the way). It'll literally burn your insides.

Need I mention to everyone that playing "Hooky" is a very non-fundamental practice. =/ It's understood that many people hate or are disgusted with school, but it is a law (At least in the US) that you are required to go to school EVERY weekday, excluding Saturday school and other crap. School is something that you need to help shape your future. It's there to help educate you, forcing you to further educate yourself on your own accord.

Playing Hooky can lead to a nil future.....and also an additional idiot to the society. You think we need more o' those?

Tamer Marco
10-13-2007, 03:55 AM
Playing Hooky can lead to a nil future.....and also an additional idiot to the society. You think we need more o' those?

Those are actually a fundamental part of society- if there were no people without an education, who would cook the bugers at McDonalds?

Bryce
10-13-2007, 04:02 AM
Need I mention to everyone that playing "Hooky" is a very non-fundamental practice. =/ It's understood that many people hate or are disgusted with school, but it is a law (At least in the US) that you are required to go to school EVERY weekday, excluding Saturday school and other crap. School is something that you need to help shape your future. It's there to help educate you, forcing you to further educate yourself on your own accord.

jeez, calm down.... ^^

we all know that if you skip school repeatedly, your future will not be as prosperous, and yada, yada, yada..... but i also believe that we all deserve a day off now and then....

i mean, it can't be too healthy to attend every day of school that you have ever had/ will ever have... have you ever heard of a thing called stress?

kids will be kids, you can't change that, and i dont think anyone here is doing anything too drastic.... just skipping a few days each year will not destroy their future as much as you say it will.... i totally know what you are talking about though ^^

All-Star
10-13-2007, 04:06 AM
It doesn't always apply for kids, though. Vacation days also help. ;]

And attending school every day doesn't mean you will be stressed. If you're stressed from school (other than maybe college), then you have problems. XD

It's not like people at school have bills and a million things to worry about. It's just writing and spending some free time that most people don't even really do anything with.

Wandering Mew
10-13-2007, 04:33 AM
It doesn't always apply for kids, though. Vacation days also help. ;]

And attending school every day doesn't mean you will be stressed. If you're stressed from school (other than maybe college), then you have problems. XD

It's not like people at school have bills and a million things to worry about. It's just writing and spending some free time that most people don't even really do anything with.

Lets not forget the numerous bullies that beat you up and call you a **** repeatedly until you want to commit suicide. >.> Believe me, alot of kids are stresed out at school.

Light Manaphy
10-13-2007, 04:37 AM
I was going to take a Geometry exam in the 8th grade when I decided to say to my mom, "I threw up three times last night, I can't go to school today." All she said was, "Ok then."

Unfortunatelly, I got a C in Geometry that Semester... Now I wish 10th grade would be easier to get out of.

theEND
10-13-2007, 05:25 AM
jeez, calm down.... ^^

we all know that if you skip school repeatedly, your future will not be as prosperous, and yada, yada, yada..... but i also believe that we all deserve a day off now and then....

i mean, it can't be too healthy to attend every day of school that you have ever had/ will ever have... have you ever heard of a thing called stress?

kids will be kids, you can't change that, and i dont think anyone here is doing anything too drastic.... just skipping a few days each year will not destroy their future as much as you say it will.... i totally know what you are talking about though ^^
You shouldn't be worried too much about the stress part. =/ Thing is, in the US, it's a law to go to school everyday. Depending on the school and the location, there are only a few conditions which can get you out of school. If you're going to call in sick or something, it's better than skipping school.

Kids don't understand how it'll affect their future enough, either being too naive or mentally ignorant about this stuff. I understand your point of view, but keep in mind that I'm not here to decide whether you go to school or not. =/ It's your choice, bud. Choose wisely.

Tamer Marco
10-13-2007, 05:38 AM
You shouldn't be worried too much about the stress part. =/ Thing is, in the US, it's a law to go to school everyday. Depending on the school and the location, there are only a few conditions which can get you out of school. If you're going to call in sick or something, it's better than skipping school.

Kids don't understand how it'll affect their future enough, either being too naive or mentally ignorant about this stuff. I understand your point of view, but keep in mind that I'm not here to decide whether you go to school or not. =/ It's your choice, bud. Choose wisely.

Since when do people obey the law? Especially laws about school. :P

I don't think missing twenty days out of a nine month period is going to kill you, seriously.

Dr Scott
10-13-2007, 05:52 AM
Well.

I skipped the last day of school with my friend who had never skipped before to watch the last Star Wars in theater xD.

And Senior Skip Day to go fishing.

There were other times. Don't do it all the time, just make it special.

PalkiaAndBlisseyrock
10-13-2007, 06:28 AM
Um, no, never on purpose...
I did skip for most of a November though because I thought my toe was broken. ^^'' lol... Bit much I think? XD

RawrIsMyMiddleName
10-13-2007, 06:58 AM
Hooky? Nah, man. I did never on purpose, but one accidently. I was moaning, as I had no sleep that night, and a bunch of these girls [one who is always concerned for me] told my teacher of that period I was moaning. OK, I was happy, but I missed school. I got to sleep in the nurse's office for an hour. Then, I missed three on a test the week later! MINUS THREE! Not bad, though, if I didn't moan, I would've gotten an A. [Show off!]

DaRkUmBrEoN
10-13-2007, 09:09 AM
Skip school?

Blasphemy!
Never illegally skipped a day in 14 years.

You people are evil... either that or my mom is.

-]DU[-

Pokeboy sarab
10-13-2007, 11:02 AM
Oh I do it almost every other month....suppose I've not finished my work...I act ill and viola, I get the day of from school....and when my mom and dad go out during that time, I enjoy the net.

theEND
10-13-2007, 12:48 PM
Since when do people obey the law? Especially laws about school. :P

I don't think missing twenty days out of a nine month period is going to kill you, seriously.
School was made for educational, beneficial reason. I say this even if I do hate school itself, but realized that it wasn't formed on a foundation just for us to skip it.

Besides, what DU said is right. Never illegally skip school! You need a reason first. O_O

Fun Facts: =D
Did you know that smoking is more harmful to those around the smoker? Inhaled directly, smoke contains 5.3 to 43 nanograms of carcinogenic nitrosamines, compared to 680 to 823 nanograms when inhaled second-hand. The second-hand smoker also inhales eleven times the volume of smoke itself, 18,000 nanograms in all. Not referring to Marco, but just giving a heads up. :O

Kyeiko
10-13-2007, 12:50 PM
Haha my expirinances playing hooky? They're all the same! ^^; I skip school and sit online all day, or play video games. lmao.

DaRkUmBrEoN
10-13-2007, 02:21 PM
Besides, what DU said is right. Never illegally skip school! You need a reason first. O_O

Did you know that smoking is more harmful to those around the smoker? Inhaled directly, smoke contains 5.3 to 43 nanograms of carcinogenic nitrosamines, compared to 680 to 823 nanograms when inhaled second-hand. The second-hand smoker also inhales eleven times the volume of smoke itself, 18,000 nanograms in all. Not referring to Marco, but just giving a heads up. :O

Even with a reason, it'd be able to be illegal.
Saying that you stole the money, 'cause you needed it badly, is still bad.

Also... you've been watching November 11's grand entrance scene, it seems.

-]DU[-

EmBreon
10-13-2007, 02:21 PM
Haha, I don't think skipping one day of school is going to ruin your future. It's not like in that one day you miss, your teacher is going to explain to you the meaning of life and give you twelve years of education.

Kyeiko
10-13-2007, 02:29 PM
Haha, I don't think skipping one day of school is going to ruin your future. It's not like in that one day you miss, your teacher is going to explain to you the meaning of life and give you twelve years of education.

I agree. After all, you can easily get notes from one of your friends, and you can pick up your work/ homework from a teacher. Even a few days wouldn't be that bad. I'm not saying I agree with the people who skip weeks of school for no reason. But I'm saying everyone needs a break once in a while right?

Phantom Kat
10-13-2007, 04:40 PM
Truthfully, I have never missed school without a good reason.

When I was in elementary, even when I was sick, I woulds still beg my mom to take me to school. I even remember one time, I overslept and missed the bus and my mom offered me to stay home but I was crying histerically to go anyway (and I did) O_o

Now, I don't like school that much now that I'm a freshman but since none of my friends have the same classes, I always try to go to school everyday.

I did get my mom to reschedule a dentist appointment since it was my birthday in September.

- Kat

Kyeiko
10-13-2007, 05:06 PM
Truthfully, I have never missed school without a good reason.

When I was in elementary, even when I was sick, I woulds still beg my mom to take me to school. I even remember one time, I overslept and missed the bus and my mom offered me to stay home but I was crying histerically to go anyway (and I did) O_o

Now, I don't like school that much now that I'm a freshman but since none of my friends have the same classes, I always try to go to school everyday.

I did get my mom to reschedule a dentist appointment since it was my birthday in September.

- Kat

Thats amazing. Don't you ever get so fed up with everyone that you just want a break? How do you deal with all the stupid, or ignorant people. I mean I realize you probably ignore them, but I mean don't they even get to you the slightest bit?

Tamer Marco
10-13-2007, 06:30 PM
School was made for educational, beneficial reason. I say this even if I do hate school itself, but realized that it wasn't formed on a foundation just for us to skip it.

Dude... are you human?

And people find my second hand smoke very refreshing thank you. >:|

lol jokes

Ranma
10-13-2007, 10:40 PM
I have never played hooky.

I hate school but most of my freinds are in my classes and my parents would kill me. o_X

Phantom Kat
10-14-2007, 01:06 AM
Thats amazing. Don't you ever get so fed up with everyone that you just want a break? How do you deal with all the stupid, or ignorant people. I mean I realize you probably ignore them, but I mean don't they even get to you the slightest bit?

I deal with it by going on here every day.

Sure school might be a drag (ughh, Pyshics) but I can always count ona visit on here to cheer me up. :3

- Kat

Kyeiko
10-14-2007, 01:14 AM
I deal with it by going on here every day.

Sure school might be a drag (ughh, Pyshics) but I can always count ona visit on here to cheer me up. :3

- Kat

:\ Oh.. Its not that easy for me.. >.<

WifiFX
10-14-2007, 01:17 AM
Never worth it, never have. It IS a fundamental in life, without it we would drown in our own idiotic saliva. If I were to be caught, I would literally ruin my future, all of our future bosses would be thinking, "How do I know he won't play hooky instead of going to school?" do to your 5th grade experience with a couple of other morons that will only survive on the streets of Manhattan smuggling drugs.

Maybe I'm a little dramatic, but it gets the point across.

.AzureLight
10-14-2007, 01:41 AM
I've actually only skipped once, last Thursday for half the day, because I didn't do a French project.

Faked sick, called the attendance line, left a message as my dad, walked to the bus station, got on the route that goes from the station to my house and back, slept the whole hour route, got back off at the station, waited for the next bus and went home. Good times. :rolleyes:

Also, this is in grade 11. :tongue:

Also, school is boring (and virtually useless for what I want to be, all I need is Physics and Computer Science, not Religion and French and crap) but just deal with it. Just use class time to draw/write stories/make Pokemon cards/play DS/sleep/whatever.

Fire Away
10-14-2007, 06:43 AM
I probably skip 3-4 days of school a year, but my mom is perfectly aware (since, you know, I tell her). I'm a good kid otherwise and I go to school every other day, so it's no big deal.

If I skip though I make sure that me and my friends are doing something cool. I don't want to skip just so I can post on Pe2K all day XD

My most memorable adventure playing hooky was when my friend got her car. Me and some of my friends crammed into it after first period and drove to Six Flags.

That was a great day. :D

Hypocrisy is Fun
10-15-2007, 04:56 AM
I've only really played hooky once, and it was for a good reason!

*coughhalo2cough*

Stardy
10-15-2007, 11:13 AM
Every Monday afternoon, good reason to!

I SPEAK ENGLISH, I DONT NEED ENGLISH LESSONS!
I have permission though, but they hate it when I do

Pooka
10-15-2007, 06:40 PM
No I never have, my mum is far too strict with that kind of stuff. I'd have to be dying of the plague for her to not send me to school.

Hatchet
10-15-2007, 10:18 PM
I've never skipped school purposely. I have gotten out of school countless times. If in elementary school I was sick, I just went there enough time so the teacher could take attendance and then I wouldn't be counted as absent if I had to leave early. I was once absent on the last day before Christmas break, which was sad.

Blue-
10-16-2007, 04:31 AM
Never skipped before, and probably never will. The only days that I miss school are because of vacations or sickness.

Well, you could skip a few days of class and end up in poverty, or you could attend every day and still end up in poverty. Or vice versa. But it's still wrong and violates the few amounts of pure justice inside of me. xP

Snow Fairy Sugar
10-16-2007, 07:05 PM
I skipped school because I wanted to watch my brother play Halo 3.

By the way, he skipped school too. XD