PDA

View Full Version : Scammed?

Wandering Mew
10-26-2007, 11:12 PM
Well, I'm sad now. T_T I was almost just scammed.

They made me feel so happy, and special. They said they liked my poem, that I was a genius. Then they told me I should enter this contest, that it was free and I could win 100k in prizes.

I decided to check out their page (on deviantart) and found lots of negative replies. I looked further down, and found out it was a scam.

This was the note they sent me:
OMG! you're a GENIUS! Why don't you join the poetry contest from http://surl.se/fpsh ? Free to enter, 100k prizes. You MUST win it!

Now the topic of this...topic comes up. Have any of you ever been scammed before? Or almost been scammed?

EmBreon
10-27-2007, 12:09 AM
This reminds me of a poetry thing I entered. In the sixth grade, supposedly my poem was awesome and should be entered in this contest to get published in some book. And they're like "Yay, you win!" Just a bit more professionally, and so of course my mom bought the book. It turned out to be this massive, dictionary-sized novel and my poem was this little block of text on page 2,999. -_-

Shadow Eevee
10-27-2007, 12:11 AM
I have.

In first grade, there were some of those scholastic stuff, so my class bought like everything, so a few months later, my teacher said that it was a scam, and it wasn't authorized. D:

Eternal Moonlight
10-27-2007, 12:18 AM
I donno if this counts, but, Ill tell the tale anyway. On day in English class, our teacher told us to write a poem for a contest. So I did. Later, she told a group of us we had won and our poems would be put in a book. Naturally, my mom bought one. But once I found mine, I noticed they had spelled my name wrong. I was a bit angry. ( No i didn`t copy the story from the EmBreon)

Emily
10-27-2007, 01:27 AM
I don't recall ever being scammed...

Bryce
10-27-2007, 04:02 AM
xD i also have been ALMOST scammed by some poetry company...

why are poems so susceptible to being pathways to scams?

i wrote this poem in 5th grade... (i think i posted it a while ago in the Creative Writing section) and my teacher & everyone else loved it... well, it just so happens that she had this flyer thing for this so-called "prestigious" poetry company/competition, and while i was getting all excited & preparing for it, she contacted the principal about it, but he said dont risk it, it is much likely a scam >.<

Eternal Moonlight
10-27-2007, 04:11 AM
xD i also have been ALMOST scammed by some poetry company...

why are poems so susceptible to being pathways to scams?

i wrote this poem in 5th grade... (i think i posted it a while ago in the Creative Writing section) and my teacher & everyone else loved it... well, it just so happens that she had this flyer thing for this so-called "prestigious" poetry company/competition, and while i was getting all excited & preparing for it, she contacted the principal about it, but he said dont risk it, it is much likely a scam >.<

Wow, Poetry is a scam subject. Watch out good Pe2k members, it's a killer.

Bryce
10-27-2007, 04:17 AM
Wow, Poetry is a scam subject. Watch out good Pe2k members, it's a killer.

:eek:

I shall proclaim that ALL poetry be BURNED! kill the scam artists by destroying the one thing they use as their weapon: books! l0lz, i actually love books, stupid poetry people have to ruin the best things in life :[

Tamer Marco
10-27-2007, 04:19 AM
I got scammed by a "free and legal" music downloader about 5 minutes ago. Time to erase any trace of me using it. :x

My mom is a poet, and she's getting ripped off...lol

Light Manaphy
10-27-2007, 04:49 AM
I got scammed by some annoying moron at SPPf. He said my chao sprites were too big to enter in his contest when clearly they were the same size as someone elses chao's. I resized them, they were accepted, and then I was DQed for having an invalid chao template when CLEARLY everyone else was using the SAME EXACT TEMPLATE.

NO SERVICE FOR HIM TODAY!

<^>Serviceman<^>

Finchy
10-27-2007, 10:53 AM
Out of a pack of Hubba Bubba back in Year 6. Soon as I found out what he'd done (this kid had done it to some other people) I went and found him, then picked him up and threw him around a bit. My gum and everyone else's fell out of his pocket, so everyone was a winner ^^

Matt
10-27-2007, 10:53 PM
Are you sure it's a scam? I mean the site is called poetry.com, and there are a lot of poetry-related subjects, poems, and legitimate contests on there..