PDA

View Full Version : The Tower of Tears (Discussion)

Innocent Bystander
10-27-2007, 12:57 AM
This topic's purpose is for those who've applied and the people who have reservations to chat with one another about the RP. I'd ask that all OOC about the role-play be posted here, which also means it might be a good idea to check this thread before you post in the actual thing. Even if you happen to have been declined, you can still participate in the discussions of this thread. Besides, we can always hope that an RP will have a sequel as long as the world doesn't end, right?

Anyway, this first post will be edited with updates on different things about the RP, though most of it's, just going to be little plot twists here and there. Which reminds me to let you all know how I've organized the plot flow.

First, we're all going to deal with our introductory posts, which I've deemed the Prologue. And as you can guess, then comes Chapter One and so on. There isn't any sort of set length to any of these sections. However, I'll make sure that when we go to new chapters, I'll let you know in the blatant way of a hand-drawn title for each chapter. Let me know if you think something should be added to this.
------------------------------------------------
Summaries
Prologue
---Bored by staying in during the rain, Zephyr decides to go through Solstice's chest of belongings. All he finds is the Book of Fables—a book filled with ancient lores, written in a language few appear to know. Seeing as the book belongs to Solstice, Zephyr seeks a translation of a certain page, interested by the illustration. What he hears compels him to tell his friends.
---Meanwhile, Sachiko and Minato, her Ninetails. As soon as Sachiko was ready to begin her day, Minato tore out of the Pokécenter, Sachiko following closely.
---Kenneth deals with the torture that is a headache and a rather annoying girl. The girl mistakes Kenneth's groan of, "nuh," to be his actual name and leaves the Pokécenter nearly as soon as she enters, easily offended by the lack of an answer to a battle request.
---Takahashi enters the Pokécenter soon afterward, recovering her now healed Flygon, Senritsu. She then sits down across from the same table Kenneth is sitting at. She then beats herself about something that had to deal with forcing Senritsu.
---Meanwhile, Xhalla awakes to find himself in Azalea, having been carried there by his gastrodon. He then mounts his Arcanine named Kuya, setting off toward Ecruteak once again.
------------------------------------------------
Announcements
There are no current announcements. If you know you'll be absent, tell me via PM and I'll put it here, so everyone knows. You might also want to include whether or not you'd like someone to keep your character involved in the case you're going somewhere. If I were to be taken to Florida by my parents, I'd say something before disappearing.

Neo Emolga
11-02-2007, 04:11 AM
And... I've got questions.

Judging from your first post, Zephyr just found the Book of Fables. I honestly thought our characters would know of it before the RP began. So do our characters know about it or not? And if not what would you want the rest of us to do while Zephyr comes to tell us the story?

I'm kind of stuck here, sorry.

Innocent Bystander
11-02-2007, 07:52 PM
And... I've got questions.

Judging from your first post, Zephyr just found the Book of Fables. I honestly thought our characters would know of it before the RP began. So do our characters know about it or not? And if not what would you want the rest of us to do while Zephyr comes to tell us the story?

I'm kind of stuck here, sorry.

I can sort of understand that when I think about it. The people of Ekruteak being the way they are, if the Book of Fables was actually known to prove a faded, "fictional," legend, they would've tried to do something about it already—at least in my mind. So nobody really knew about the book until just now. Zephyr and Solstice actually telling everyone about it would be the start of the first chapter. So generally, the prologue is a post or two from every member, making something of an introduction to the main characters that you see in books.

Hope that clears things up a little.

vedros
11-07-2007, 11:23 PM
Sorry for the wait, but I finally made my first post. It's not that good, but it can only get better...
Right?

Neo Emolga
11-08-2007, 12:31 AM
Sorry for the wait, but I finally made my first post. It's not that good, but it can only get better...
Right?

Not bad, I'm not a fan of first posts either, as its tough to start.

Also, don't mind me saying, but Innocent Bystander, if you want this RP to work, you've got to be way more active (at least posting every other day). We're mainly waiting on you, our characters can't do very much until you move the story along, and if you don't do that soon... meh, some of us may lose interest in this RP as its going very progressively slow. The storyline is good and has a great about of potential, but it needs you. We need you.

So please, be active and we can make this RP work.

Gaby
11-08-2007, 12:34 AM
Indeed, indeed, Neo-Sama is right. =O

Don't make me get the whip and MAKE you post, mister! I'M CAPABLE! >=O

Ahem, anywhoo, Neo-Sama, could you at least post in response to Emi? =D That's more or less what I've been waiting for, though, I can keep waiting. I'ma calm and such. X3

*pulls out whip*

Yush, calm. ;3

vedros
11-08-2007, 12:51 AM

Gaby (and I swear I mean this in the nicest way possible), you are THE most flamboyant and eccentric male alive.;) Heh heh, nah you're cool.

Neo Emolga
11-08-2007, 12:56 AM
Indeed, indeed, Neo-Sama is right. =O

Ahem, anywhoo, Neo-Sama, could you at least post in response to Emi? =D That's more or less what I've been waiting for, though, I can keep waiting. I'ma calm and such. X3

*pulls out whip*

Yush, calm. ;3

Copy that, I'm working on it. It shouldn't take too long.

Innocent Bystander
11-09-2007, 02:14 AM
-_-" I was waiting for Vedros to get his intro in. Anyway... *Types furiously while he's still speeding on leftover Halloween candy...gotta love it when hardly anybody shows up and screams, "Trick or treat," in your face. XD*
But now that he's posted, I'll finally get things going.

vedros
11-17-2007, 12:08 AM
All of the characters know each other, right? I don't want Xhalla to walk into the Pokemon Center and yell "hey, what's up?" to noone. Though you two will probably be gone by the time I get there, we'll see how it plays out.

Innocent Bystander
11-17-2007, 06:28 PM
Yeah, we all know each other. And if we are gone by the time you get there, you can ask Nurse Joy what direction we went in.